Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Is Trinity Real - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Trinity Real (2535 Views)

The Trinity And Identity Of God / Nonsense Of The Trinity. / How Yahweh, Allah & Yeshua(the Trinity) Went About The First Judgement Of Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Trinity Real by Amberon: 3:53am On May 07, 2016
Actually I saw it but chose to keep quiet cuz I'm tired of correcting that user. He always writes in err.

The purpose of the trinity was never to bring redemption to man. That is like saying God himself exists because of us. That is grossly erroneous. That is why I hate this new age teachings.

John 1: The Eternal Word 1 In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God , and the Word was God.

Before man ever dreamt of being in existence, Jesus Christ existed and even took part in the creation process.

dolphinheart:

@ bolded, now that is a different concept of trinity, this is why it is good to know the view of the individual who believes in trinity, cus your definition and concept is different froM the one the op layed down and also from the one the proponents of the word "trinity" gave.

will wait to see if other believers of trinity (with different concept) counter or surpport your concept, or if they will keep quiet!
Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 5:57am On May 07, 2016
@dolphinheart
I think I finally know from what point you are coming from.
You have weird view about christianity (and trinity), you are scared of sharing it boldly (for people to criticize) on your own page but yet you need supporters

If you are a Jehovah witness; understand that our bibles are different and our faith, practices and believes are different, so there can never be a common ground.
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 1:28pm On May 07, 2016
oluminnic:
@dolphinheart
I think I finally know from what point you are coming from.
You have weird view about christianity (and trinity), you are scared of sharing it boldly (for people to criticize) on your own page but yet you need supporters

If you are a Jehovah witness; understand that our bibles are different and our faith, practices and believes are different, so there can never be a common ground.

sir, let's not digress from the discussion, pls do not predetermine my view and even if you do, dnt let it stop it from sharing and explaining yours.
as you can see, ive quoted from the scriptures , which you did not do, if you feel the bible I quoted from is different from yours, why dnt you quote yours and we will examine the differences. cus one fact is certain, if the bibles are different, then one is certainly currupt/not real/ not the actual original word of God.
as at the last time I checked , Jehovahs witnesses are not the authors of the NIV and NLT.
My questions still remains.

3 Likes

Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 8:35pm On May 07, 2016
@dolphinheart
You see it is very simple
If what you have issues with me on is trinity and Godhead- they are just terminologies (not even in the bible as I have pointed out earlier)
The point is there is recognition of three personalties, which I think you quite agree with Matt 28:19 The father, the Son and the HS.
I am not a 'Trinity' preacher but I am a preacher of the 3 recognised personalities of God (who is one) Deuteronomy 6:4. And to some it is called trinity but I really do not care because I am not sent to preach terminologies but the Word of God
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 9:17pm On May 07, 2016
oluminnic:
@dolphinheart
You see it is very simple
If what you have issues with me on is trinity and Godhead- they are just terminologies (not even in the bible as I have pointed out earlier)
ok, noted
The point is there is recognition of three personalties, which I think you quite agree with Matt 28:19 The father, the Son and the HS.
point taken
I am not a 'Trinity' preacher but I am a preacher of the 3 recognised personalities of God (who is one) Deuteronomy 6:4. And to some it is called trinity but I really do not care because I am not sent to preach terminologies but the Word of God
confused here sir, personalities of God? dnt get you.

De 6:4“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.
does jehovah have multiple personality?

1 Like

Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 11:11pm On May 07, 2016
@ dolphinheart
Yes
Exodus: 6. 3. And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. - Bible Offline

God was first known as God Almighty, then later He shed more light into His personality by revealing Jehovah as His name
Then He revealed Himself in Jesus and through this new and last revelation (Hebrew 1:1-2) we have insight into the wisdom of God and through this we understand the three distinct persons in One God

John: 1. 9. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. - Bible Offline
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 11:37pm On May 07, 2016
oluminnic:
@ dolphinheart
Yes
Exodus: 6. 3. And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. - Bible Offline

God was first known as God Almighty, then later He shed more light into His personality by revealing Jehovah as His name
Then He revealed Himself in Jesus and through this new and last revelation (Hebrew 1:1-2) we have insight into the wisdom of God and through this we understand the three distinct persons in One God

John: 1. 9. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. - Bible Offline

are you saying there are three distinct person in Jehovah?

1 Like

Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 2:23pm On May 08, 2016
@dolphinheart
Yes, I am saying that Jehovah manifested in 3 distinct persons

If in Adam, there can be two persons (Adam and Eve)
(Genesis: 1. 27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. - Bible Offline) then is it too much to say that in God there are 3 distinct persons

Take it this way, to carry out a task you need to pass through 3 different phases; to achieve the first one you need to stand upright, second one you need to bend down and the third one you need to lie flat on the floor (and the 3 phases has to be done concurrently). Humanly speaking you need 3 different people but in redemption, we saw God in each of the phases working simultaneously. This is where the concept of One God appearing in 3 persons came from
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2016
oluminnic:
@dolphinheart
Yes, I am saying that Jehovah manifested in 3 distinct persons

If in Adam, there can be two persons (Adam and Eve)
(Genesis: 1. 27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. - Bible Offline) then is it too much to say that in God there are 3 distinct persons

Take it this way, to carry out a task you need to pass through 3 different phases; to achieve the first one you need to stand upright, second one you need to bend down and the third one you need to lie flat on the floor (and the 3 phases has to be done concurrently). Humanly speaking you need 3 different people but in redemption, we saw God in each of the phases working simultaneously. This is where the concept of One God appearing in 3 persons came from

sir your answer does not correspond with my question.
my question is : are you saying there are three distinct person in Jehovah?

This is different from jehovah manifested in three distinct persons. They totally mean differ things.

your views about adam is totally unacceptable . " male and and female he created THEM" and not male and female he created him!

There are no two persons in adam sir, adam is one person, another person entirely was created from adam by someone. note: adam existed as a single entity first.
adam and Eve existed as two seperate persons, likewise their children that they produced with their bodies are seperate persons.

now does jehovah have three seperate persons like Adam and Eve , or does jehovah operate as three different per sons.

on the example of tasks, are you saying jehovah performed the task through the use of three different personalities at same time , or three different personalities performed the task at same time as Jehovah.

A new question: is Jehovah a person?

1 Like

Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 9:10pm On May 09, 2016
@dolphinheart
First of all, my friend
I must confess Ive really enjoyed this conversation, so intruiging and challenging
You see, may be that is where the misunderstanding is
A person (used contextually) in my write-ups does not mean a separate being but a separate character. In a stage drama one cast can act different roles (all it takes is costume) but not in the same scene. But in the story of redemption from the foundation of the earth (if taken as drama), Jehovah (recognised by his glory and splendor) was seen playing 3 different roles at the same time
Genesis 1:26

Revelation about God as being just One God was also progressive. In Genesis 1:1, the word used for God was plural(Elohim) and this was also evidenced when the writer wrote 'Let us'

Let Us Make Man in Our Image"

"And God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'" Genesis 1:26, (Jewish Publication Society version, 1917)

The plurality of God is also discovered in the creation of man. According to this fascinating verse, man was created by God in his own image. However, there is something provocative and unexpected in this verse. Prior to the creation of man we find a conversation between God (Elohim) and an unidentified being ("let Us make man in Our image"wink. Who is this person with whom God is speaking?

This person, or intelligent being, has some attributes that we can glean from the text. First, the personage is able to speak with God "on His turf", that is, in the realm of timeless eternity.

Secondly, this being apparently has the same kind of creative ability as God ("Let US make"wink. This describes a cooperative effort between Elohim and the person with whom He is speaking.

Finally, the likeness or image of this being is comparable to God's ("In Our image, after Our likeness"wink.

When confronted with this passage, modern rabbis often claim that God is speaking to the angels. However, this explanation fails to recognize a number of problems.

First, there is no indication in the Bible that angels can create life. Secondly, nowhere is it indicated that angels are made in the image of God. Finally, there is no indication that mankind was made in the image of angels either!

We may conclude that the person with whom Elohim is conversing lives in the eternal realm, has His creative power and exists in the image or likeness of God. No angel, no man, no created being in heaven or on earth could possibly fit these criteria.
Re: Is Trinity Real by orunto27: 9:02am On May 10, 2016
You have a Body. In the Body, you have a Conscience. In the Body also, ,you have a Reproductive system miraculously put in you. This is Trinity simply put. And they are all spirits. The Chap who put them together in you is Spirit, is Miracle and is Trinity. That Chap is our Instructor, our Wisdom and our Light, this also is Trinity and Spirits. You want more please pay your Tithe of N20'000= to Nairaland and show evidence.
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2016
oluminnic:
@dolphinheart
First of all, my friend
I must confess Ive really enjoyed this conversation, so intruiging and challenging
You see, may be that is where the misunderstanding is
A person (used contextually) in my write-ups does not mean a separate being but a separate character. In a stage drama one cast can act different roles (all it takes is costume) but not in the same scene. But in the story of redemption from the foundation of the earth (if taken as drama), Jehovah (recognised by his glory and splendor) was seen playing 3 different roles at the same time
Genesis 1:26
sir, the question still persists, sorry I'm asking again , but I just want to be clear as to your views.

We are talking about jehovah and in this case we are comparing him to a person or persons in a stage drama. is Jehovah
(a) a being/person in a drama who performs different characters in the same stage drama?
example: eddie Murphy performs the character of a barber, an old man and a Prince in the same stage drama.
or
(b) ojukwu, a character performed by three different beings/ persons.
example : in the same stage drama, a young boy performed as ojukwu when he was a boy, another young man performed as ojukwu when he was older, and another person performed as the same ojukwu when he was an old man.

which of these two scenarios can we apply to Jehovah?

Revelation about God as being just One God was also progressive. In Genesis 1:1, the word used for God was plural(Elohim) and this was also evidenced when the writer wrote 'Let us'

Let Us Make Man in Our Image"

"And God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'" Genesis 1:26, (Jewish Publication Society version, 1917)

The plurality of God is also discovered in the creation of man. According to this fascinating verse, man was created by God in his own image. However, there is something provocative and unexpected in this verse. Prior to the creation of man we find a conversation between God (Elohim) and an unidentified being ("let Us make man in Our image"wink. Who is this person with whom God is speaking?

This person, or intelligent being, has some attributes that we can glean from the text. First, the personage is able to speak with God "on His turf", that is, in the realm of timeless eternity.

Secondly, this being apparently has the same kind of creative ability as God ("Let US make"wink. This describes a cooperative effort between Elohim and the person with whom He is speaking.

Finally, the likeness or image of this being is comparable to God's ("In Our image, after Our likeness"wink.

When confronted with this passage, modern rabbis often claim that God is speaking to the angels. However, this explanation fails to recognize a number of problems.

First, there is no indication in the Bible that angels can create life. Secondly, nowhere is it indicated that angels are made in the image of God. Finally, there is no indication that mankind was made in the image of angels either!

We may conclude that the person with whom Elohim is conversing lives in the eternal realm, has His creative power and exists in the image or likeness of God. No angel, no man, no created being in heaven or on earth could possibly fit these criteria.
1. was jehovah, using one of his characters , talking to other characters of the same being, or was he talking to another being?

2. how is the plurality of God discovered in the creation of man?

3. Sir "let us" can also imply that jehovah is talking to more than 1 being , he can be talking to a 100 other beings right?

4. I do not agree to this statement "in the realm of timeless eternity.". The statement "let us" occured after elements used to measure time had been created. millions of spirit creature are in existence during that that time the statement was made.

5. creative ability can be giving by God, the other being does not necessarily need to have it, it can be given to him to perform the creative works.
The scriptures is quite clear on how things came into existence, who created it and through whoM that one created it.

I can decide to create a chair through my son. I tell my son , let us make this chair for our home, this are the things you need to make it . I madd the chair through my son, but the chair belongs to me.
man is being given the ability to pro-create, but if you are asked who created you , you will say it's God.

where did the nephilims come from?

6. on the issue of cooperation, I believe the scriptures is quite clear on it at proverbs 8:30

7. what exactly does the term " image of God mean" ?

1 Like

Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 1:47pm On May 10, 2016
Elohim is a hebrew word, it means mighty ones
Romans: 1. 20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: - Bible Offline
So if I use stage drama to explain trinity just for the sake of understanding, it is not out of place

If you agree that a man can make something with his son then it shouldnt be difficult for you to believe that the Son (Word) was there when God created the world
Proverbs: 8. 22. The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. 23. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 24. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 25. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 26. While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. 27. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: 28. When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29. When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: 30. Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; - Bible Offline

The scripture above established that Wisdom (the Son) was with the Father (God) before the creation of the wordJohn: 1. 10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. - Bible Offline
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 2:07pm On May 10, 2016
oluminnic:
Elohim is a hebrew word, it means mighty ones
Romans: 1. 20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: - Bible Offline
So if I use stage drama to explain trinity just for the sake of understanding, it is not out of place
sir I never said using stage is out of place. I gave you two examples in which one can use stage drama to describe jehovah, you have not selected one of them or provide another example. neither have you answered my question, is Jehovah a person?

If you agree that a man can make something with his son then it shouldnt be difficult for you to believe that the Son (Word) was there when God created the world
Proverbs: 8. 22. The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. 23. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 24. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 25. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 26. While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. 27. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: 28. When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29. When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: 30. Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; - Bible Offline
it's not difficult, in fact I agree that the son was there when the statement "let us" was made. but the issue is : what was the son there as, was he there as a character of the being jehovah or was he a seperate being that the being jehovah was talking to .

The scripture above established that Wisdom (the Son) was with the Father (God) before the creation of the wordJohn: 1. 10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. - Bible Offline
good sir, is the son a character used by jehovah or the son is a seperate being that jehovah was talking to .

1 Like

Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 5:05pm On May 10, 2016
@dolphinheart
Sorry about that. What i described was more like (a)

In the beginning, the son was there (during the creation) in the father, not as separate being; the same way the Levites paid tithe to Melchizedech in Abraham. In Genesis, only God and Holy Spirit were mentioned but John 1:1 showed that he was in the Father

Is Jehovah a person? YES

Saying is the son a character used by the father will not be appropriate cos I only used it as an analogy, just for understanding sake
Re: Is Trinity Real by mrZENographer: 11:05pm On May 10, 2016
CAPTIVATOR:

you keep shouting the bold, Jesus while on earth, and I showed evidence that even while in HEAVEN, Jesus have a God

Rev 3:12.

Jesus said " I return to my God and your God". He said also "The Father is greater than I". He said also the Father has not left me alone for I do always those things that please him".

But he said "I and my Father are one". Also "The Father is in me and I am in the Father."

This concides with what the thread maker said. The SON is subject to the Father or Godhead. Therefore calling him God.

Even from the chapter you picked that verse...Rev 3, Jesus gives himself attributes that only belong to God. Therefore he is still making himself God, despite the "my God and your God " statement.

Jesus called himself words like "The Beginning and the End", Alpha and Omega", "The FIRST AND THE LAST" "The Amen", "The Judge of the living and the dead".etc.

So if he says my God and your God, it's because he wants to honour his Father.

"I honor my father, but ye do dishonor me" John 8:49

1 Like

Re: Is Trinity Real by mrZENographer: 11:14pm On May 10, 2016
So God created man in his image. Genesis 1:27

Have I not said that "ye are gods". psalm 82:6 and John 10:34.

Man is the Body, Soul and Spirit. These three are one. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 2:33pm On May 11, 2016
oluminnic:
@dolphinheart
Sorry about that. What i described was more like (a)
So in conclusion, we can say that jehovah, a person, sometimes and anytime can change/ adjust his character/personality to that of the son.
This is that:
it was jehovah, the person, that died when he was performing/acting/expressing himself in the personality of jesus

jesus is not a real person, but a character performed by jehovah

that Jesus and Jehovah are the same person or personalities of the same person

I'm I right with this statements above?

In the beginning, the son was there (during the creation) in the father, not as separate being; the same way the Levites paid tithe to Melchizedech in Abraham. In Genesis, only God and Holy Spirit were mentioned but John 1:1 showed that he was in the Father
with this above, you are reaffirming that jehovah was not talking to a seperate being/ person, but he was talking to a separate personality of himself, which was inside him.

Is Jehovah a person? YES

Saying is the son a character used by the father will not be appropriate cos I only used it as an analogy, just for understanding sake
So are you using an inappropriate analogy to teach me the trinity?

1 Like

Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 3:21pm On May 11, 2016
@dolphinheart

You are not right with your inferences

I'm not teaching you trinity but the word of God

You are just like the scribes and pharisees of bible days
God does not have to change his character anytime/sometimes. There is an established personality of Jesus and that of the HS and the three of them can sit together to have a meeting

As regards 'analogy' I believe you should understand English. No analogy is perfect for anything, that is the reason why it is called analogy for easy understanding

I used the example of a single cast in a drama to help your understanding because I know where you are coming from.
Re: Is Trinity Real by orunto27: 3:58pm On May 11, 2016
Trinity is real. Let-There be-Light are Instruction, Wisdom and Light-3 super Spirits. Then Discernment, Understanding and Life were the 3 Super Spirits that visited Abraham-husband to announce that Sarah-wife would have Isaac-son.. When you become properly Born Again, 3 of them shall visit you to change your fortune for good IJN AMEN!!!!
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2016
oluminnic:
@dolphinheart

You are not right with your inferences

I'm not teaching you trinity but the word of God

You are just like the scribes and pharisees of bible days
God does not have to change his character anytime/sometimes. There is an established personality of Jesus and that of the HS and the three of them can sit together to have a meeting
ok. The three of them can sit to have a meeting.
1. but its only one person that is sitting Down as three personalities right?
3. and that person is Jehovah right?

As regards 'analogy' I believe you should understand English. No analogy is perfect for anything, that is the reason why it is called analogy for easy understanding

I used the example of a single cast in a drama to help your understanding because I know where you are coming from.

sir you where the one that used the example, I was only discussing the trinity based on the example you used , you even affirmed the the trinity was more like (a) rather than (b).
thus I made conclusions based on the example you gave only for you to now claim it's inapopriate. For better understanding, let me just ask some questions
1. is Jehovah a person
2. is jesus a person
3. is the father a person
4. is the person jehovah , the same as the person jesus or they are two different persons
5. what is the connection between the father and son.
6. what is the relationship between the father and jehovah
Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 8:27pm On May 13, 2016
@dolphinheart

Eve was taken out of man Gen.2:23, they both became two separate person but the bible says when they cling together they are one Gen. 2:24. The man was created to be god over other creature but to Eve, his bone of bone, he is lord.

Don't forget man was created in the likeness of God; meaning if you want to understand somethings about God, study the history of the first(sinless) man. Even the bible showed that we are created to declear God (1 Peter1:10-12, Eph. 3:10-11)

When God revealed his name Jehovah, you will noticed everything followed suit, names were given in line with that because it was a new line of revelation. Even Jesus means 'Jehovah is salvation'. But in Jesus was a new revelation, we understand that the word that was God(John1:1) was in him (John 1:14), that he is one with God (John 10:30), that he referred to God (which all knew as Jehovah then) as 'my Father' (John 5:18) that there a person of Holy Spirit, who cannot leave the Father except he goes to the Father (John 16:7)

In Jesus, we understand that there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. And how di we know they are one. Jesus said I and my father, we are one. Instead of Jesus saying baptise in the name of God, he said baptise in the name of the Father, the name of the Son and the name of the HS (Matthew 28:19)

And that is why in the NT, you hear HS, Jesus Christ, God (Father) because we were baptised in the name of Jesus (and his revelation) while in the OT, you see Jehovah (God's revelation to Moses) because they were baptised into Moses (1 Cor. 10:1-2).
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2016
oluminnic:
@dolphinheart

Eve was taken out of man Gen.2:23, they both became two separate person but the bible says when they cling together they are one Gen. 2:24. The man was created to be god over other creature but to Eve, his bone of bone, he is lord.

Don't forget man was created in the likeness of God; meaning if you want to understand somethings about God, study the history of the first(sinless) man. Even the bible showed that we are created to declear God (1 Peter1:10-12, Eph. 3:10-11)

When God revealed his name Jehovah, you will noticed everything followed suit, names were given in line with that because it was a new line of revelation. Even Jesus means 'Jehovah is salvation'. But in Jesus was a new revelation, we understand that the word that was God(John1:1) was in him (John 1:14), that he is one with God (John 10:30), that he referred to God (which all knew as Jehovah then) as 'my Father' (John 5:18) that there a person of Holy Spirit, who cannot leave the Father except he goes to the Father (John 16:7)

In Jesus, we understand that there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. And how di we know they are one. Jesus said I and my father, we are one. Instead of Jesus saying baptise in the name of God, he said baptise in the name of the Father, the name of the Son and the name of the HS (Matthew 28:19)

And that is why in the NT, you hear HS, Jesus Christ, God (Father) because we were baptised in the name of Jesus (and his revelation) while in the OT, you see Jehovah (God's revelation to Moses) because they were baptised into Moses (1 Cor. 10:1-2).

sir pls add the answers to my question in your explanations so I can examine it together
Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 11:49pm On May 14, 2016
dolphinheart:

sir pls add the answers to my question in your explanations so I can examine it together

The answers to all your questions are there
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 9:18am On May 15, 2016
oluminnic:

The answers to all your questions are there

no sir , they re not.
You can see that I specifically numbered it so that when you answer , you can show whic question you are answering. For example , if you put "(1), I'll know it's the answer to question 1 that you are giving
Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 8:10pm On May 22, 2016
dolphinheart:

ok. The three of them can sit to have a meeting.
1. but its only one person that is sitting Down as three personalities right?
3. and that person is Jehovah right?

sir you where the one that used the example, I was only discussing the trinity based on the example you used , you even affirmed the the trinity was more like (a) rather than (b).
thus I made conclusions based on the example you gave only for you to now claim it's inapopriate. For better understanding, let me just ask some questions
1. is Jehovah a person
2. is jesus a person
3. is the father a person
4. is the person jehovah , the same as the person jesus or they are two different persons
5. what is the connection between the father and son.
6. what is the relationship between the father and jehovah

Sorry, I dint get to see your response on time
1. Jehovah is a Person
2. Jesus is a person
3. The father is a Person
4. Yes. John: 1. 1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. - Bible Offline

The Word (Jesus) was same with God (Jehovah), i.e Jesus was in Jehovah, but when the Word was made flesh, he became a separate person from the father
5. Relationship- father gave birth to son.
What makes you the son of man is the spirit of man in you
The term 'son of God' in the bible is used for those whose geneology is not traceable to man. One is Jesus because of virgin birth, another one is Adam (Luke 3:38), another group is that of we that are bornagain whose spirits have been recreated in Christ Jesus and because God dwells in us (1John3:2)
But the bible refers to him as the only begotten because he carries God (who is Spirit, so he carries the Spirit of God) and that makes him the Son of God

6. They are both same.
'Father,son and HS' is just more specific for God than Jehovah. This is just as Jehovah is more specific and a further revelation on 'Elohim'
Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 5:47pm On May 27, 2016
@dolphinheart
1. Jehovah is a Person
2. Jesus is a person
4. Yes. John: 1. 1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. - Bible Offline

The Word (Jesus) was same with God (Jehovah), i.e Jesus was in Jehovah, but when the Word was made flesh, he became a separate person from the father
The term 'son of God' in the bible is used for those whose geneology is not traceable to man. One is Jesus because of virgin birth, another one is Adam (Luke 3:38), another group is that of we that are bornagain whose spirits have been recreated in Christ Jesus and because God dwells in us (1John3:2)
But the bible refers to him as the only begotten because he carries God (who is Spirit, so he carries the Spirit of God) and that makes him the Son of God

6. They are both same.
'Father,son and HS' is just more specific for God than Jehovah. This is just as Jehovah is more specific and a further revelation on 'Elohim'
Re: Is Trinity Real by dolphinheart(m): 6:39pm On May 28, 2016
oluminnic:

1. Jehovah is a Person
2. Jesus is a person

6. They are both same.

ok
1. Jehovah is a person
2. Jesus is a person

4,. I asked you sir 3. if the person jehovah , the same as the person Jesus or they are two different persons?
you answered yes, yes to what, that they are the same person or that they are two different persons.?

in your explanation, you first quoted john 1:1 and John 1:14 , I read them, but they go contrary to your explanation.
you said " The Word (Jesus) was same with God (Jehovah), i.e Jesus was in Jehovah,".
well sir, the verse did not say "same with God," it said "was with God". It also did not say or imply that Jesus was in Jehovah( if we replace the words "word" and "God with "jesus" and " jehovah "wink but implies that Jesus was jehovah( if we go by the scripture you quoted)
sir , from your explanation, are you saying that Jesus was not a person until he was born on earth?

hope you can adress this issues.

5. you said the father gave birth to jesus. are you saying the son was created?
you made this statement: "But the bible refers to him as the only begotten because he carries God (who is Spirit, so he carries the Spirit of God) and that makes him the Son of God" . pls what about adam, is his spirit not the spirit of God before he sinned? can we call adam only begotten son too before he sinned?

6. The father and Jehovah are the same person, good.
we will continue when you respond sir
Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 8:50pm On May 28, 2016
dolphinheart:

ok
1. Jehovah is a person
2. Jesus is a person

4,. I asked you sir 3. if the person jehovah , the same as the person Jesus or they are two different persons?
you answered yes, yes to what, that they are the same person or that they are two different persons.?

in your explanation, you first quoted john 1:1 and John 1:14 , I read them, but they go contrary to your explanation.
you said " The Word (Jesus) was same with God (Jehovah), i.e Jesus was in Jehovah,".
well sir, the verse did not say "same with God," it said "was with God". It also did not say or imply that Jesus was in Jehovah( if we replace the words "word" and "God with "jesus" and " jehovah "wink but implies that Jesus was jehovah( if we go by the scripture you quoted)
sir , from your explanation, are you saying that Jesus was not a person until he was born on earth?

hope you can adress this issues.

5. you said the father gave birth to jesus. are you saying the son was created?
you made this statement: "But the bible refers to him as the only begotten because he carries God (who is Spirit, so he carries the Spirit of God) and that makes him the Son of God" . pls what about adam, is his spirit not the spirit of God before he sinned? can we call adam only begotten son too before he sinned?

6. The father and Jehovah are the same person, good.
we will continue when you respond sir

4. The Father and the son are two separate personalities,
You dint complete your John 1:1, it ended with '...and the word was God'
The Word (wisdom) was already by God's side during the creation (having his own personality and glory). Jesus as a man never came into being until after he was born but the word came to dwell in him in all its richness, thereby making Jesus to exhibit the same glory as God on earth
John: 1. 14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. - Bible Offline

You would want to ask if the word is different from Jesus. The lamb that died on the cross was Jesus (prepared by the word). That is why Jesus is both referred to as the son of God (the word) and the son of man

Understand, when we call the name Jesus, we are not calling the name of a man that performed miracles on earth but we are calling The name of God because God adopted the name Philippians: 2. 9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; - Bible Offline

5. The son was not created, but he was formed. There is difference between creating and forming. Forming simply means giving form, shape to something that is already on existence Proverbs: 8. 12. I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. 22. The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. 23. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 24. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 30. Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; - Bible Offline

Adam's spirit was never the spirit of God but the spirit of man. What makes you a man is the spirit of man in you

Only beggotten son- you see, all these words -son, only begotten- are terminologies. Ive explained what son of God means. Jesus was called the only begotten son because he had in him God (who is Spirit) dwelling in him.
Re: Is Trinity Real by oluminnic: 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Sack General Overseer Due To Immoral Allegations / Religious Violence And Free Speech / The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.