Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,225 members, 7,849,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? (1061 Views)

My Uncle's Wife Is Cheating On Him, I Need Help / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by Lukandah00001(m): 8:40am On Mar 12, 2016
I recall growing up with this my uncle staying in our house. On my dad he went to school. He got his present job also through my dad.
Sometime last year, my wife put to bed and I wasn't home. I called him as the tradition of my place stipulated to inform him the way i informed others. He pledge doing what he can so did others.
Almost a year later he sent me a message requesting the 5k he spent on my wife during the child's naming.
Am not rich but am not poor rather. Please advicentre me. Should I just pay him?
Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by StPete: 8:45am On Mar 12, 2016
Give him d money and close the chapter

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by McCarlito(m): 8:46am On Mar 12, 2016
*yawns* all families have their Peters and Judas
Just deal with it by applying maturity
Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by dadarupees(m): 8:51am On Mar 12, 2016
You nor knw say u suppose pay am back undecided
Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by Acidosis(m): 8:51am On Mar 12, 2016
Pay him immediately
Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by Oche211(m): 9:06am On Mar 12, 2016
5k? Pay him ASAP nd remember u ve 1 family member less

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by Lukandah00001(m): 9:07am On Mar 12, 2016
But he did not say he was lending it out to me. It was an obligation. Why do i have to pay back
Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by TheArchangel(f): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2016
Lukandah00001:
But he did not say he was lending it out to me. It was an obligation. Why do i have to pay back
Pay him back and remember to tell whomever that cares to listen.......
Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by lesbiangirl(f): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2016
Lukandah00001:

Please pay back coz wen issues start now you'll regret why you didn't pay back. Also distant your new family from people like that and try as much as possible to be a strong financial pillar in ur home to avoid people donating money during emergencies. Stay blessed!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
Which tradition is that,I tot it's the mothers that are called.

Anyway just pay him before ur child will get illnesses that are not in medical history.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by Richy4(m): 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2016
I don't understand this whole story..

>>>>Did he lend you the money during the naming ceremony or he gave you the money on his own accord as gift?

If you borrowed the money, The key word is "borrow" courtesy demands that you pay up sir.... and if he says u should forget it then that is another matter......

The fact that he was your relative does not make you devoid from payment.... Sorry for being the devil's advocate but that is the truth...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Just Pay My Uncle Back? by southernbelle(f): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
Since he has requested for it, gift or not, please pay him back to be on the safer side.

(1) (Reply)

How To Win A Syinix LED TV / When The Baby Ain't Too Sure You Are His Daddy... ;D ;D / Help Find Family!! Bisi Ajayi A Futa Graduate Is Unconscious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.