Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Leverage Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leverage Daily Devotional (360 Views)

The Leverage Daily Devotional / The Leverage Daily Devotional / The Leverage Daily Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leverage Daily Devotional by DrBookie(f): 10:24am On Mar 12, 2016
Redemption Is A Fact
March 12, 2016

Colossians 1:13

“Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:”

John 3:16
Our redemption in Christ is not a theory; it is an undeniable fact. As much as the death of Jesus was a reality and cannot be denied, so is our redemption in Christ. The truth of the Word of God reveals that the new man in Christ has been delivered from the power of darkness and has been translated into the kingdom of God’s dear Son, Jesus Christ. Note the tenses of the opening verse; It shows past tense, not future tense, of our deliverance from the power of darkness. Our deliverance from the power of satan is not in the future; it happened when Jesus died for us, was raised from the dead and purchased us from satan’s reign.

It makes no Word sense for the Believer to postpone his redemption as though Jesus did not die for him. Your redemption will not become any better tomorrow than it is today; it is eternal, therefore you might as well possess it now. If God delivered us from the power of darkness, why live life as though He did not. Why live in fear of demonic powers as if Jesus did not die on the cross to set us free from satan’s tyranny. Until redemption is accepted as a fact, the finished work of Jesus is despised.
Beloved, embrace your redemption in Christ as a fact – a done deal, ready-to-use, ready-to-act-upon reality, and your life will forever tell the pleasant stories that you did.

FURTHER MEDITATION: COLOSSIANS 2:6-7; JOHN 8:32

My Solid Front (Confession): In the Name of Jesus, I declare that I am the redeemed of the Lord. I have been delivered from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of God’s dear Son. Halleluyah!

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Bread March 13 2016 / This Easter!!! / The Chosen Daily Devotional 28th March 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.