Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

The Leverage Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Leverage Daily Devotional (274 Views)

The Leverage Daily Devotional / The Leverage Daily Devotional / The Leverage Daily Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Daily Devotional by DrBookie(f): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2017
Understanding the Goodness of God

February 8, 2017

Psalms 136:1
“O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever.”
Psalms 84:11
Our opening Scripture tells us to give thanks to God because He is good and His mercy endures forever, which means that the goodness of God is worth giving thanks for. God is so good that you cannot but give Him thanks for His goodness. God’s goodness cannot be ignored. Every time we give thanks to God, we acknowledge that He is good. To not give thanks to God is to ignore His goodness and mercy. Little wonder the Word enjoins us to give thanks to God; for He is good and His mercy endures forever. Again Psalms 84:11 tells us that God is a sun and shield and that no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. God is so good that He cannot withhold anything good from those who seek Him. The goodness of God is one of the central themes of the Bible.
The goodness of God simply means that He is generous and benevolent, so much so that He gives over and above what you require. The Word tells us in James 1:5 that if anyone lacks wisdom, he should ask of God, who gives liberally or generously and does not find fault, and it will be given him. God’s goodness reveals His willingness and ability to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we ask or think. God loves to bless you beyond what your thoughts can ever imagine.
The goodness of God is bigger than your dreams and needs; it is the reason we are living and we want to live another day, for His lovingkindness is better than life. Life isn’t worth living without God’s loving kindness. Beloved, give thanks to God daily for He is good and His mercy endures forever.

My Solid Front (Confession): Heavenly Father, I thank You for You are good and Your mercy endures forever. I walk in the light of Your goodness in my walk with You in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER MEDITATION: 1 CHRONICLES 16:34-36: PSALMS 69:16.

(1) (Reply)

Going Down To Timnath... / Crossing The Red Sea / How Is Your Christian Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.