Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (60283 Views)

Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / Getting Rid Of Engine Oil Shortages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Avedonn: 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
dgitrader:
Please what's your indept opinion on this Mobile Nigeria variant of 5w-30? What are the pros and cons?. And what is the implication of using it as recommended, but on over 10/15 years old engines?

radautoworks , nurey , gazzuzz , heavenlybang,

Please where can i get this type of engine oil?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
pstfrancis:
What type of engine oil will be the best for Pontiac Vibe 2007?

Thanks

5w30. Does not have be synthetic

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dgitrader(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Avedonn:

.mobile filling stations
Or
Major dealers of auto lubricants
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Avedonn: 9:49am On Jun 08, 2020
dgitrader:
.mobile filling stations Or Major dealers of auto lubricants
Okay thanks.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dgitrader(m): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2020
Slickleo:
Good day all I have successfully purchase 2009 Honda Civic Asian spec with 134595km. kindly assist me with advice, the previous owner uses Mobil xhp 20w50, can I switch to 5w30 fully synthetic or d made in Nigeria Mobil 5w30. Thanks

I was faced with the same scenerio. Read my earlier post for possible solution.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by pstfrancis(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
radautoworks:

5w30. Does not have be synthetic

Pls where can I get this type of oil to buy?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
pstfrancis:

Pls where can I get this type of oil to buy?

After 20w50 it's the most common grade of oil. We sell it as well as sooperrescue. Dru23 only sells synthetic I think. You can email support@radautoworks.com or request it here if you want it from us https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sooperrescue(m): 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
radautoworks:

After 20w50 it's the most common grade of oil. We sell it as well as sooperrescue. Dru23 only sells synthetic I think. You can email support@radautoworks.com or request it here if you want it from us https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request
I'm not sure that I sell engine oil. I buy from reputable sellers like you, Gazzuzz and other folks.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by radautoworks: 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
sooperrescue:

I'm not sure that I sell engine oil. I buy from reputable sellers like you, Gazzuzz and other folks.

Oh, I thought you did since you had that thread... Only parts then?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
Been using Hardex Gold 5w 30 on my 3.0L V6 (1mz-Fe) Xv30 toyota Camry for 1yr,6months plus and counting. It has proven to be excellent so far, my oil change interval is 5k miles or 4months - whichever comes first. My engine has maintained its original remarkable quiet operation so far with zero issues. I initially used hardex 5w 30 in 2016 on a J35 V6 (3.5L) powered Acura MDX which I later sold to someone who still uses the brand till this day with no issue whatsoever. I am expecting a 2GR FSE powered Gs 350 soon and will probably switch to our local mobil 5w 30 non synthetic when that one arrives because of complaints about oil consumption when synthetics are used on that particular engine.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sooperrescue(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
radautoworks:

Oh, I thought you did since you had that thread... Only parts then?
Mechanic and journalism

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by jidobaba(m): 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
Been using Hardex Gold 5w 30 on my 3.0L V6 (1mz-Fe) Xv30 toyota Camry for 1yr,6months plus and counting. It has proven to be excellent so far, my oil change interval is 5k miles or 4months - whichever comes first. My engine has maintained its original remarkable quiet operation so far with zero issues. I initially used hardex 5w 30 in 2016 on a J35 V6 (3.5L) powered Acura MDX which I later sold to someone who still uses the brand till this day with no issue whatsoever. I am expecting a 2GR FSE powered Gs 350 soon and will probably switch to our local mobil 5w 30 non synthetic when that one arrives because of complaints about oil consumption when synthetics are used on that particular engine.
Your wallet will thank you I'm sure.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sheu01: 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
nurey:

The MRS is full synthetic I have been using it for 7years plus on several vehicles and no complaint. I don't understand sleeve filter is it a brand of oil filter or what? But when changing engine oil, you are required to replace the oil filter too.

How much is MRS full synthetic? Is it 5w40 or 5w30
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by melviniyke2002(m): 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
Avedonn:

contact dru23....Got mine frm him very reliable......
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sirleke(m): 6:18am On Oct 01, 2020
Good day house

I bought a Honda Accord 2004 just last month and serviced with Total quartz 5000 (20w50) exactly what the previous owner uses.

The recommended oil is 5w20 as inscribed on the cap.

Question: is it possible I ask my Kazeem to uncouple the engine, drain/flush the engine with whatsoever substance, recouple and then fill with the recommended engine oil please?

He's also not sure of the brand of transmission oil used as at last fill, what do I do if I need refill?

Thanks all
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
sirleke:
Good day house

I bought a Honda Accord 2004 just last month and serviced with Total quartz 5000 (20w50) exactly what the previous owner uses.

The recommended oil is 5w20 as inscribed on the cap.

Question: is it possible I ask my Kazeem to uncouple the engine, drain/flush the engine with whatsoever substance, recouple and then fill with the recommended engine oil please?

He's also not sure of the brand of transmission oil used as at last fill, what do I do if I need refill?

Thanks all

what do you mean by UNCOUPLE ? do you mean to remove the engine from the body ? and that job for oil change ? thats crazy

all that needed is to drive the car till its on operating temperature which is 90 degrees or middle point on the temp gauge, then pour engine flush let it idle to 15mins then drain and put new oil
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sirleke(m): 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sirleke(m): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Thanks boss
ZIMDRILL:

what do you mean by UNCOUPLE ? do you mean to remove the engine from the body ? and that job for oil change ? thats crazy

all that needed is to drive the car till its on operating temperature which is 90 degrees or middle point on the temp gauge, then pour engine flush let it idle to 15mins then drain and put new oil
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by erico2k2(m): 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
ironMind:
if time reach for servicing and i have get plenty money for hand, i will buy mobile 1. they is sell it for N8,500. if money is not plenty in hand and i want to service, i am buy the one of N3,000. nothing is do my motor. it is working fine.
nah to fry your Engine b dat

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sooperrescue(m): 12:00am On Oct 02, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

15 minutes for engine flush? Please tell him the type of the flush that he will use
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:04am On Oct 02, 2020
sooperrescue:

15 minutes for engine flush? Please tell him the type of the flush that he will use

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sooperrescue(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

Good. but I will be very cautious about using any flush for 15 minutes. Abro is 3 minutes and destroys the metal in the engine.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sirleke(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
sooperrescue:

Good. but I will be very cautious about using any flush for 15 minutes. Abro is 3 minutes and destroys the metal in the engine.
your candid advice please
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
sooperrescue:

remember its a 4 stage process

1st drive until the car reaches operating temperature aka 90 degree (middle point of the temperature gauage )

2 Switch off the car and pour the engine flush

3 Start the car and let it idle between 10-15 minutes "DONT NOT DRIVE OR REV"

4 Switch off the car and drain the oil and put fresh oil

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Olumax3028: 1:20am On Oct 03, 2020
Total Synthetic Oil 0W-20
19k.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sirleke(m): 10:18am On Oct 03, 2020
Please! Remember I am going to be servicing with the recommended 5w20 oil as against the 20w50 I used before! Any problem to worry about?
ZIMDRILL:

remember its a 4 stage process

1st drive until the car reaches operating temperature aka 90 degree (middle point of the temperature gauage )

2 Switch off the car and pour the engine flush

3 Start the car and let it idle between 10-15 minutes "DONT NOT DRIVE OR REV"

4 Switch off the car and drain the oil and put fresh oil
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:05am On Oct 03, 2020
sirleke:
Please! Remember I am going to be servicing with the recommended 5w20 oil as against the 20w50 I used before! Any problem to worry about?

using the right oil is more beneficial than using the wrong one
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2020
sooperrescue:

i wouldnt know about nigerian products but 3 mins that sounds as if the product as petrol in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbXnv1XtTLI&ab_channel=ThatCarChannel

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by sooperrescue(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2020
[quote author=ZIMDRILL post=94563531]

i wouldnt know about nigerian products but 3 mins that sounds as if the product as petrol in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbXnv1XtTLI&ab_channel=ThatCarChannel[/quote

You are very correct but the one I use is not the local type. Jensen's engine flush is a 1 litre Engine flush that requires 5 minutes to clean up and it's a once and for all process and you are required to use the right oil after. But some cars are better left to their devises as I once had a situation where the sludge in a car was it's protection. Immediately we flushed the engine, the oil pump was blocked and the engine knocked. For those types of engines, the best way forward is to strip it open and clean out the sludge. The way forward is preventive maintenance. I know for sure that even if you use the conventional oil, service every 3 months or 3000 miles. There was a guy that was always coming over with his Sienna every 2 weeks for oil change. In 2 weeks, he has covered 3500 miles as a transporter whenever he comes, the engine is like brand new. Other motorists were surprised that he was using Q5000 and the engine is like brand new. The major reason for transporters high vehicles failures is because they don't follow the service menu. If you have a car being used for transport, the gear oil should be changed at every 10k miles or there will be transmission failure. All the Siennas used as transport had the failed gear as what made them discard the vehicles . Preventive maintenance is the best remedy for cheaper vehicle maintenance.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Emmyk(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2020
Mobil 1. 5W-20. Full synthetic.

#23,500

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by CokeBar(f): 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
Emmyk:
Mobil 1. 5W-20. Full synthetic.

#23,500
Hi Emmyk, sent a PM
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by queenfav(f): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2020
I use mobil, it's 5000

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / China Unveils Luxury Motorhome With A Second Storey And An Elevator (Photos) / Innoson Unveils New Shuttle Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.