Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,609 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (60128 Views)

Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / Getting Rid Of Engine Oil Shortages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by USPlaceofAutos: 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Distributors needed for DuraMAX Full Synthetic Motor Oil Nationwide.

DuraMAX 5W20
DuraMAX 0w20
DuraMAX 5W30
DuraMAX ATF

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by USPlaceofAutos: 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
DuraMAX lubricants are made in the USA, cheaper than most of the other oils manufactured in the USA even though they have passed through the same standards. DuraMAX Engine Oil is fully licensed and meets or exceed the most complex and rigorous international standards including the most recent API-SN and ILSAC- GF 5 certification. Based on manufacturer’s recommendation, both the Full Synthetic and Synthetic blend of lubricants are suitable for use in a combine estimate of 99 percent of today’s vehicular application.

DuraMAX Full Synthetic Oil are available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 0W-20. Check it out today!!!

You can also buy DuraMAX from [url=/us-place-of-autos]Konga[/url]

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by shotuns: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2017
@ dreyposh

Do you sell?

dreyposh:
Get your Mobil-1 @ distributing price from Mobil distributing branch office. Mobil-1 (4litres goes) for 13k
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dino2006(m): 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
anneki:

About 4 yrs.

On a 2010 Honda Accord ( 5w-20 ) and a 2011 Toyota Corolla ( 5w-30 ). I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Mind you i have used other brands but have stuck to Milemaster. @ N7,500 for 5 qts it makes sense especially in this regime of change!

Milemaster oil no longer available on konga again. Dunno why
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ebuks4ever(m): 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
Please use the oil rating recommended by your manufacturer.
I currently have Castrol 5w20, 5w40, 10w40 and 20w50. Details below

I have Castrol Full Synthetic (Castrol Edge) which is the highest quality of Castrol. (5w20 and 5w40)
Also have Castrol Magnatec - which is a synthetic-blend(mixture of synthetic and mineral) (10w40)
Then I have Castrol GTX- Antisludge (20w50)

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by autotrader2: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
dino2006:

That's because they can no longer bring it in easily as before.

You can buy Genuine Toyota Motor Oil 5w20 and 5w30.

Price is 3k per Litre retail but it's discounted if you buy by the carton. A carton contains 12 litres and it's 32k rather than 36k. That's a huge discount.

And you are buying direct from the importer

Call or text 09086679585 to place orders.

Nationwide Shipping from PH

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by cbravo(m): 10:10pm On May 03, 2017
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by cbravo3: 10:12pm On May 03, 2017
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Larrydee(m): 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Now that we can't get mile master anywhere in Nigeria any longer, what have you 5w-20 folks been using in you cars? I'm way due for servicing but don't know a trusted replacement I can use for mile master which I have been using for like 2yrs now without any issues.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Help a brother, Save an engine today!
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by jossytech(m): 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
What difference btw Mobil 1 green cap and Mobil 1 ash color cap, bought the first @14500 4 litre last week from Mobil filling station, checking konga n gazzuz own cap were ash, please explain why the difference
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nakoks(m): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2017
Larrydee:
Now that we can't get mile master anywhere in Nigeria any longer, what have you 5w-20 folks been using in you cars? I'm way due for servicing but don't know a trusted replacement I can use for mile master which I have been using for like 2yrs now without any issues.

Liqui moly or Duramax are both available and better than milemaster
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by greenengine: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2017
Trunaijian:
Just about to do some major maintenance on my car. Would apprec8 recommendation on which type of oil to use for optimal performance.

use Polytron ultra performance lubs.

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by autotrader2: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2017
Larrydee:

Genuine Toyota Motor Oil 5w20 US Spec. Available now for Wholesale and Retail

Call 09086679585 to order. FREE Shipping Nationwide

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by anneki(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
Milemaster was never and has never been brought in easily. Unless you know something we don't.

At N364 to $1 and interest rates above 20% it made no sense to continue.

autotrader2:

Price is 3k per Litre retail but it's discounted if you buy by the carton. A carton contains 12 litres and it's 32k rather than 36k. That's a huge discount.

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Shalomc(f): 10:53am On May 06, 2018
nakoks:

What about MRS synthetic oil?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by anneki(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2018
Milemaster is back on Konga and Jumia

autotrader2:

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by anneki(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2018
Milemaster is back on Konga and Jumia

dino2006:

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by PAQ(m): 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
As against what is on the cap of my 2011 Corolla (0w20), my mechanic uses Toyota 5w20, which i buy 4k per litre. Pls i want to ask if its good for my engine, i just got reading about engine oils, viscousity etc.

Would like some enlightenment, and advice pls.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Deeone4real: 8:22am On Nov 13, 2018
Which engine oil is most suitable for a Toyota runner 2006 model?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Shalomc(f): 12:24am On Dec 30, 2018
nakoks:

Are you saying duramax is as good as Liqui Molly?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dere5: 6:55am On May 07, 2019
I use Liqui Moly 5w30 and it's one of the best oils I've ever used.

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dere5: 7:02am On May 07, 2019
PAQ:
As against what is on the cap of my 2011 Corolla (0w20), my mechanic uses Toyota 5w20, which i buy 4k per litre. Pls i want to ask if its good for my engine, i just got reading about engine oils, viscousity etc.

Is your oil full Synthetic, Synthetic blend or mineral?5w20 is very ideal for your car, your mechanic upgraded the oil from 0w20 to 5w20 because of our hot weather in Nigeria. And if you car is a high mileage car, that is,if your odometer is above 100,000 miles I'll advise you use 5w30.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dru23(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2019
PAQ:

My brother follow the manufacture advice at all times.. Those corolla engine don't come cheap at all ..certain brand of engine oil are good on all weather.. Plz and plz follow the owners manual.. It will say it on the oil cap. If you use a good brand of the 0w20 ,it will do fine regardless of hot or cold weather
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.yourbestpicks.com/best-synthetic-motor-oils/&ved=2ahUKEwi08uWAl__hAhXwTN8KHdYmAwwQFjAXegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3TkI7_oRYk_EUCnQffKB2D&cshid=1556880949312

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by samadex2007: 1:44pm On May 13, 2019
Get genuine car care accessories .
Valvoline Lubricants -5w30 and 5w40( Full Synthetic Oil) .
NGK Spark Plugs - Iridium and Platinum
KYB Shock Absorber
contact us :
Email : berachrent@gmail.com Tel : 08158865642

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dotnotation: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2019
I use mannol elite full synthetic oil 5w-40. Very good oil from Germany. I have been using it on my VW Jetta 2008 2.5l. it has good fuel economy. Engine sounds cool. I recommend for every VW, MB users.

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dotnotation: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2019
Rear view

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by melviniyke2002(m): 12:29am On Dec 21, 2019
Which engine oil is most suitable for a Toyota camry 2005 model 4 cylinder
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by lubehouse9ja(m): 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
melviniyke2002:
Which engine oil is most suitable for a Toyota camry 2005 model 4 cylinder
5w30 is the best for all weather.. Check my signature

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by dgitrader(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2020
dotnotation:
I use mannol elite full synthetic oil 5w-40. Very good oil from Germany. I have been using it on my VW Jetta 2008 2.5l. it has good fuel economy. Engine sounds cool. I recommend for every VW, MB users.

Sure banker
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by wandeay: 11:58pm On May 30, 2020
Is it safe to run my engine with Mobil oil 20W50? as I couldn't get synthetic oil in my area at the moment.

2007 Lexus GS350 AWD

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nurey(m): 5:30am On May 31, 2020
wandeay:
Is it safe to run my engine with Mobil oil 20W50? as I couldn't get synthetic oil in my area at the moment.

2007 Lexus GS350 AWD

Mobil Xhp in 2GR-FSE which cost 1m+ to replace.

better order from gazzuzz, Dru23 or Radautoworks. Go be penny wise pound foolish

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by jidobaba(m): 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
nurey:

Mobil Xhp in 2GR-FSE which cost 1m+ to replace.

better order from gazzuzz, Dru23 or Radautoworks. Go be penny wise pound foolish
Would you recommend the MRS 5w40 oil over expensive mobil 1/Castrol 5w30?
In an 06/07 Corolla

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / United Arab Emirate Police Unveils Flying Bike(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.