Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (60287 Views)

Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / Getting Rid Of Engine Oil Shortages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by autotrader2: 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Yes sir ... That was what the mechanic recommended o...

Is it that bad?

Never heard of that brand
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
autotrader2:

Never heard of that brand

Not sure if that's the name as I didn't check well... Kazeem called it lubicon adrenalin.

But ADRENALIN is written on its body...
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by autotrader2: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Not sure if that's the name as I didn't check well... Kazeem called it lubicon adrenalin.

But ADRENALIN is written on its body...

I really don't know about that oil but I'd be much more comfortable if you went with a good brand name oil. You cannot afford to play games with your engine.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by whimsyxl: 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2016
Any one have the contact phone number and address for Milemaster lube dealers in PH??
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Milemaster: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2016
The dealer for Port-Harcourt is Netlink Technical Services. They can be reached on 0802 884 5922.

The complete list of our dealers in some Nigerian states can be found at the link below

www.solutionsplusltd.com/where-to-buy/

whimsyxl:
Any one have the contact phone number and address for Milemaster lube dealers in PH??
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Ejanla07: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
busky101:
Mobil XHP.....#2,500

If i were u. I ll catch whoever dats been selling this oil to u at 2500. Bro i as an engine oil dealer will buy every single mobil xhp from whoever dats selling it to u 2500. I ill be gracious, i ll buy it 3000 self. Dem wan kil u with adulterated oil.

Toyota oil is cool. Its 4800

The difference between all dis oil is the weather some of the foreign oil dont last because its not mrant with our hot weather in mind.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by busky101(m): 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ejanla07:

If i were u. I ll catch whoever dats been selling this oil to u at 2500. Bro i as an engine oil dealer will buy every single mobil xhp from whoever dats selling it to u 2500. I ill be gracious, i ll buy it 3000 self. Dem wan kil u with adulterated oil.

Toyota oil is cool. Its 4800

The difference between all dis oil is the weather some of the foreign oil dont last because its not mrant with our hot weather in mind.
bro dat was last now, 1L now is 1,500 whereas d 4L 4,500. Hope am right dis time
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Tonycharles79(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
Milemaster full synthetic 5w30, 8,500 for 4.73l
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
allanphash7:
Mobil 1
There are varied variant of
Mobil 1 which?
in doubt visit www.mobiloil.com
See facts sheet

1 Share

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ebirimosi: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Can anyone Link me to a distributor of Mobil super 1000*4 20w-50,ApI -SL/SJ/CF,NET 183.6KG XHP
THANKS
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ozonetoy: 10:09am On Sep 13, 2016
Why are some pple saying the green cap Mobil 1 is made in Nigeria ? ?? I found this green cap Mobil 1 in different countries

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by jeff1980(m): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
I looked for Mobile 1 5W30 with ash Cap everywhere in Lagos yesterday I couldn't find because they said its imported.I ended up buying green cap 5W30 at d rate of 13K.

ozonetoy:
Why are some pple saying the green cap Mobil 1 is made in Nigeria ? ?? I found this green cap Mobil 1 in different countries
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by autotrader2: 8:42am On Sep 18, 2016
jeff1980:
I looked for Mobile 1 5W30 with ash Cap everywhere in Lagos yesterday I couldn't find because they said its imported.I ended up buying green cap 5W30 at d rate of 13K.

And that's for a 4litre container. Some people still argue and want to buy the US Spec Ash Cap Full Advanced Synthetic (which is approx 5Litres) for 10k!
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nakoks(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2016
jeff1980:

Liqui moly 5w30 and 5w20 (5ltrs)synthetic available at swift global ltd for 15k.you can reach them on 08179031578
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
Tonycharles79:
Milemaster full synthetic 5w30, 8,500 for 4.73l

Where did you get this please?
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by mejai(m): 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
can someone explain dis. 2009 toyota corolla manual. which oil is better pls? my mechanic has been arguing dis.

cc: ikenna351, gazzuzz, nurey, other oil dealers
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by mejai(m): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
mejai:
can someone explain dis. 2009 toyota corolla manual. which oil is better pls? my mechanic has been arguing dis.

cc: ikenna351, gazzuzz, nurey, other oil dealers

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by mejai(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
and dis

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nurey(m): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
mejai:
and dis

I would advice 5W20 or 5W30. As written in the manual 0W20 is the best in terms of fuel economy but my brother in law had to run away from it when the price didn't correlate with buhariconomics.

I would advice against 20w50 or 15W50. Even the manual says if you use 10W50 make sure the next oil change you switch to 5W series.

I don't think 20W series engine oil are good at all, after a month they become black and loss viscosity and people only use it for 3k km besides they are sold for 3xxx for the major filling station (total, Mobil, Oando etc) let's say you use it for 3months and change that's 3x4=12k

Now I use my 5W40 for 6months or 8k km but my 6months is always complete sometimes it runs to the 7th month that's 7kx2=14k

The difference is 2k abi, multiply it by 6yrs that's 12k abi. It's possible in 6yrs the 20W would have damage the car engine and a new engine loading now tell me, does a tokunbo engine sell for 12k?

The decision is yours

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by autotrader2: 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
nurey:

I would advice 5W20 or 5W30. As written in the manual 0W20 is the best in terms of fuel economy but my brother in law had to run away from it when the price didn't correlate with buhariconomics.

I would advice against 20w50 or 15W50. Even the manual says if you use 10W50 make sure the next oil change you switch to 5W series.

I don't think 20W series engine oil are good at all, after a month they become black and loss viscosity and people only use it for 3k km besides they are sold for 3xxx for the major filling station (total, Mobil, Oando etc) let's say you use it for 3months and change that's 3x4=12k

Now I use my 5W40 for 6months or 8k km but my 6months is always complete sometimes it runs to the 7th month that's 7kx2=14k

The difference is 2k abi, multiply it by 6yrs that's 12k abi. It's possible in 6yrs the 20W would have damage the car engine and a new engine loading now tell me, does a tokunbo engine sell for 12k?

The decision is yours

Great Post.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by mejai(m): 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
nurey:

The decision is yours
thanx man. I understand
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by ozonetoy: 2:38am On Sep 23, 2016
jeff1980:

how many litres did you buy for 13k??
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Tonycharles79(m): 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
x240:

Where did you get this please?
Jumia
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Stylo1: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
nurey:

The decision is yours

Great post. It is unfortunate that most mechanics recommend 20W-50.
We need to study these manuals diligently and teach these Kazeems.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Waladade4luv(m): 11:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
I use AZ oil 5litters 20w50 and it goes for 4k
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by pragmatistm(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2016
nurey:

The decision is yours
Great argument.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by pragmatistm(m): 6:06am On Oct 05, 2016
Stylo1:

Great post. It is unfortunate that most mechanics recommend 20W-50.
We need to study these manuals diligently and teach these Kazeems.
I concur 100%.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by pragmatistm(m): 6:07am On Oct 05, 2016
Waladade4luv:
I use AZ oil 5litters 20w50 and it goes for 4k
I guess you are driving a 1985 car, right?

3 Likes

Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Waladade4luv(m): 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
pragmatistm:
I guess you are driving a 1985 car, right?
Lolz why did u say DT? I drive a 2000 Lexus sha oh
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by pragmatistm(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2016
Waladade4luv:

Lolz why did u say DT? I drive a 2000 Lexus sha oh
And you are using that weight of oil. Your car engine days are numbered.

Go and check the owner's manual for the recommended oil or check online. It can't be that heavy weight you are using.
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by Waladade4luv(m): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
pragmatistm:
And you are using that weight of oil. Your car engine days are numbered.

Go and check the owner's manual for the recommended oil or check online. It can't be that heavy weight you are using.
10w30 is stated on d owners manual but since I av been using it for long won't it affect the engine if I change it now although I av a Toyota Siena engine inside
Re: What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? by nurey(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
Waladade4luv:

10w30 is stated on d owners manual but since I av been using it for long won't it affect the engine if I change it now although I av a Toyota Siena engine inside

no wonder your LEXUS RX300 is smoking angry we the landlords in your area will file a action law suit against you for polluting our environment tongue

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / China Unveils Luxury Motorhome With A Second Storey And An Elevator (Photos) / Innoson Unveils New Shuttle Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.