Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

What Is Nature Exactly? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Nature Exactly? (29661 Views)

Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. / What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:13am On Mar 17, 2016
plaetton:

Thank you.

Now, our Intelligent Design friends would point at the earth's orbit as being perfectly arranged for for stability and life.

But they forget that it took the Earth about 1 billion years of CHAOTIC wobbling just to establish what now looks like a very perfect and stable orbit around the sun.
Even at that, the Earth still wobbles, talkless of the fact that a large passing comet can and has interrupted the earth's orbital trajectory from time to time.

That you and others actually subscribe to this is quite unfortunate.

I wonder why the earth hasn't been obliterated by or caused an obliteration of various other planetary bodies during its billions of years of wobbling and why we still have a standard environment thanks to its billions of years of wobbling and i wonder why it hasn't crossed the perfect and stable trajectories of other rotating bodies too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:15am On Mar 17, 2016
Weah96:

We were in fact created by something. Johnydon22 postulates that it was the mysterious dark energy. Others claim that it was another universe. Deists claim a supreme being. Nobody really knows. Except YOU guys and the Muslims.

Scientists don't know.

Atheism : We are created by something but it can never be God

Do you how see how repugnant that is ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:21am On Mar 17, 2016
Joshthefirst:

I wonder why the earth hasn't been obliterated by or caused an obliteration of various other planetary bodies during its billions of years of wobbling and why we still have a standard environment thanks to its billions of years of wobbling and i wonder why it hasn't crossed the perfect and stable trajectories of other rotating bodies too.

This was what came into my mind when I saw his comment . Why hasn't earth been destroyed yet after ALL THESE years

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:31am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This was what came into my mind when I saw his comment . Why hasn't earth been destroyed yet after ALL THESE years

he'll probably have a comeback like the earth's mass and shape has been drastically changed due to various obliterations over the billions of years. chai. grin
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 12:33am On Mar 17, 2016
A simple matter of 'what is nature?' but we had to take the digressionary path into going round and round talking nonsense with ill defined terms. How deflating!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:34am On Mar 17, 2016
Joshthefirst:
he'll probably have a comeback like the earth's mass and shape has been drastically changed due to various obliterations over the billions of years. chai. grin

His responses are so bad that they are now being anticipated cheesy

cool

4 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Weah96: 1:29am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Nah. Human beings in our current form are generously a 200K yr old species. The universe is billions of years old, and has witnessed the deaths of many stars and galaxies over that period.

You're telling me that all of that happened just so that Kingebukasblog could one day ask silly questions on the internet after eating his ogbono soup?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2016
Joshthefirst:

It's quite a difficult challenge debating or discussing with someone who is aversive to science and scientific facts.

The Earth has endured numerous cosmic catastrophies in her 4.7 billion yr history, including extinction level collisions with other cosmic bodies.
In fact, the earth's geology, and ecology has been largely shaped and bear witness to such catastrophic collisions.

In our solar neighborhood alone, we see so much evidence of cosmic collisions in almost every planet.
Mars, Neptune, Uranus, our moon, all bear scars and characteristics of cosmic Chaos and collisions.

Just last year, scientists confirmed that our Earth had more than one moon in her early days, and that the others were either sneered away by other larger galactic interlopers or had been smashed into pieces.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160129090451.htm

Stop acting ignorant, Josh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 6:53am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Oh gosh!

You keep repeating the same lie to your self over and over again ( just like your Lord's prayer) , and then convince yourself that it must be true.

Science never ever uses the word "CREATE or CREATION" to describe possible origins.

How many million times do we need to keep reminding you ? undecided

Creation involves magic, something from nothing.

Science deals with laws, chaotic arrangements and evolving processes.

Everything in nature speaks to us of continually evolving processes, not magic, not abracadabra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 6:56am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

It's always funny, and annoying, when people argue boldly from a position of ignorance.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160129090451.htm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 7:00am On Mar 17, 2016
PastorAIO:
A simple matter of 'what is nature?' but we had to take the digressionary path into going round and round talking nonsense with ill defined terms. How deflating!!

Threads evolve in all directions once the floor is open.

It would be unrealistic to expect opinions to fall only within a narrow scope just to satisfy the OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 7:05am On Mar 17, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Well sir, if you have been reading your science textbooks like a serious student hungry for knowledge, you wouldn't be here showcasing stark ignorance.

And yes, the earth's geology, as well as her current ecology is a product of her violent and chaotic past.
That is a fact, not merely plaetton's opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 7:22am On Mar 17, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Scientific facts are not subscriptions. They are not religious beliefs one chooses to subscribe or unsubscribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 7:26am On Mar 17, 2016
plaetton:

Oh gosh!

You keep repeating the same lie to your self over and over again ( just like your Lord's prayer) , and then convince yourself that it must be true.

Science never ever uses the word "CREATE or CREATION" to describe possible origins.

How many million times do we need to keep reminding you ? undecided

Creation involves magic, something from nothing.

Everything in nature speaks to us of continually evolving processes, not magic, not abracadabra.

Why are all your claims easily refutable smiley

4 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 7:31am On Mar 17, 2016
plaetton:

Scientific facts are not subscriptions. They are not religious beliefs one chooses to subscribe or unsubscribe.

Facts ? Or assumptions ?

Like the FIVE theories that try to explain the formation of the moon

Or the TOP THREE theories that try to explain the origin of life forms on earth

Do you see you we are against purporting spurious assumptions as facts

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 7:35am On Mar 17, 2016
plaetton:

Laws that came from where ?

And how did natural processes derive the propensity to evolve ?

Processes are designed to follow laws . In engineering , robotics etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 7:42am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Laws that came from where ?

Laws came from the Tooth fairy.

Are you OK with that ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 7:44am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

And how did natural processes derive the propensity to evolve ?

Silly question.

Same way that a rock thrown into the air derives the propensity to fall down earth.
You get the drift?
I doubt. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 7:46am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Processes are designed to follow laws . In engineering , robotics etc

This is far far too silly to warrant a serious reply.

You fall my hand, young man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 7:51am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Facts ? Or assumptions ?

Like the FIVE theories that try to explain the formation of the moon

Or the TOP THREE theories that try to explain the origin of life forms on earth

Do you see you we are against purporting spurious assumptions as facts

You are a computer science student, but you don't know the meaning if science.
Pitiful.

Scientific theories are not, and are far far from being spurious assumptions.
Stop messing with words in order to sound smart.

An example of a spurious assumption would be something like god having a son, but no wife. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Kay17: 10:27am On Mar 17, 2016
UyiIredia:
You can't expect a good answer form evolution-loving atheists who exist on the intellectual low ground. In any case, I believe nature was intelligently designed and when we see man making many coded digital devices that use codes like life does and make machines with lots of interacting parts we are seeing man make complex functional systems similar to life.

But that is an extrapolation! You are matching details of one circumstance with details of another circumstance with the belief they have the same causative effect. It is only right to admit the weakness of extrapolation of human creativity to the creation of the Universe.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The Mail Online is a 'science' SITE? shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 17, 2016
PastorAIO:
A simple matter of 'what is nature?'
grin grin Nothing's ever really simple on NL.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 17, 2016
Hi Anony, welcome back. Going through the thread, will contribute where I can.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by UyiIredia(m): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2016
Kay17:

But that is an extrapolation! You are matching details of one circumstance with details of another circumstance with the belief they have the same causative effect. It is only right to admit the weakness of extrapolation of human creativity to the creation of the Universe.

An extrapolation you simply aren't willing to make because you are blinded by materialistic bias.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I didn't realise that the Daily Mail was a scientific journal.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2016
plaetton:

This is far far too silly to warrant a serious reply.

You fall my hand, young man.

It wont kill you to ask someone to explain tongue

Pictured below is a robot that can solve the Rubik's cube in just 1.047s . How does it work ? The robot was built by plugging separate motors supported by a 3D-printed frame into drilled holes in a Rubik's Cube. There are four webcams that are hooked up to a computer to determine the state of the cube's colors very rapidly . Now for the cube to spin very rapidly , the weight is considered and the speed of the motors has to be right to carry the weight of the cube for best results .

The robot has an algorithm which determines which moves need to occur for the cube to be solved quickly . But if the cube is too heavy , it will be solved slowly regardless of how fast the algorithm implements .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2016
PastorAIO:

I didn't realise that the Daily Mail was a scientific journal.

Well , it has a science section so ...
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:34am On Mar 17, 2016
plaetton:

You are a computer science student, but you don't know the meaning if science.
Pitiful.

Basically in AI , nature is emulated but why would I describe my emulation as intelligently designed but not what is emulated

An example of a spurious assumption would be something like god having a son, but no wife. grin

Kind of the same question asked by Weah96 , the same reply you'll get :

Funny Guy . The Trinity - God the Father , The Son , The Holy Spirit .

The Father and The Son - are as revealed by the creator , the members of the Godhead . Jesus is not God’s Son like the human father and a son. .

Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that He is God made manifest in human form . Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit.

The same way God is called "a He" - its all about the perception of man of God as He revealed Himself unto man .

The three are eternal - they are one , have always been , is , will always be . Its never gona end . So learn to deal with it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by UyiIredia(m): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2016
I suggest people stop taking plaetton seriously. His talk of chaos is trash. As Ive said there is a limit to what chaos makes and to suggest that all nature is birthed from chaos is simply foolish.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:38am On Mar 17, 2016
plaetton:

Laws came from the Tooth fairy.

Are you OK with that ?

The Logic of God and Everything is what you need to understand wink

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 11:40am On Mar 17, 2016
UyiIredia:
His talk of chaos is trash. As Ive said there is a limit to what chaos makes and to suggest that all nature is birthed from chaos is simply foolish.

Lol.

And we should just ignore mathematics , and take your word for it ?

Brilliant, simply brilliant.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? / The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin / Father Kelvin Ugwu Speaks On #SilhouetteChallenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.