Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,776 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem (7806 Views)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing ABS Speed Sensor / How To Know Signs Of A Bad Or Failing Abs Control Module / Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by lonelydora: 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
0rex:
Are all your tyres in good shape, having the recommended pressure & of the same size?

Yes boss. 205/60R16.
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
lonelydora:

Yes boss. 205/60R16.
Were all the issues picked up by the scanner resolved and cleared?
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by lonelydora: 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
0rex:

Yes boss. Just remaining the ⚠
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by lonelydora: 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
0rex:

Yes boss. Just remaining the ⚠.
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
lonelydora:

Yes boss. Just remaining the ⚠.
I'm thinking it's something tyre pressure related. GAZZUZZ, Siena, honmusa et. al. what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by billyG(m): 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
the car below left the factory without an ABS module. If your abs pump is bad, you did good by bypassing it. The only difference you will experience is lack of the anti lock function, so drive careful and you will be ok. Our father's and their peugeot 504s and 505s never had abs and did pretty well on the highways.
Hello gazzuz,how can i tell my camry 2000 CE has an ABS,my brake is so sharp,i felt my leg has not even touch it b4 it brake suddenly without 1st slowing down i hav never felt it skid.
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
billyG:

Hello gazzuz,how can i tell my camry 2000 CE has an ABS,my brake is so sharp,i felt my leg has not even touch it b4 it brake suddenly without 1st slowing down i hav never felt it skid.

look near the coolant reservoir on the right, there should be a boxy thing with 6pipes going into it.

Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by femi9naija(m): 12:42am On Apr 09, 2016
lonelydora:
Good Morning guys...... I don't want to create another thread on this issue. Problem has been successfully solved and ABS and TCS light cleared.

The ABS module which was bypassed, has been connected back and working fine.

After a thorough troubleshooting, the culprit to the caliper binding was a BLOCKED FLEXIBLE BRAKE HOSE to the front driver side wheel.

Also, the new ABS sensor which was on the front passenger side wheel wasn't working fine. After the scan I decided to put back the old sensor, and whooooo! the ABS light cleared without even using the scanner to erase it.

The scan pix attached below was done after the ABS module was bypassed. Reason why the scanner is showing ABS pump failure.

Everything is working fine now except the warning ⚠ light which is still illuminated on the dash. I am yet to know why it's there.

Thanks to all the suggestions above especially all that was concerned about my safety. I must tell you the truth, FEAR NA HIM MAKE ME NEVER TRAVEL WITH CAR, but thank God all is well now.

From whom did u get this scan tool and for how much?
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by lonelydora: 6:51am On Apr 09, 2016
femi9naija:

From whom did u get this scan tool and for how much?

I went to a friend's workshop to do the scan. I don't know how much but i will find out for you.
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by femi9naija(m): 7:47am On Apr 09, 2016
lonelydora:

I went to a friend's workshop to do the scan. I don't know how much but i will find out for you.
Thanx man. Will be expecting

2 Likes

Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by billyG(m): 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

look near the coolant reservoir on the right, there should be a boxy thing with 6pipes going into it.
Is possible 2 hav ABS fix if my car has none?

1 Like

Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by femi9naija(m): 12:14am On Apr 12, 2016
lonelydora:

How far? Still Expecting
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by lonelydora: 12:30am On Apr 12, 2016
femi9naija:

How far? Still Expecting

The guy said he couldn't remember the exact figure but around 95k.
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by femi9naija(m): 12:44am On Apr 12, 2016
lonelydora:

The guy said he couldn't remember the exact figure but around 95k.
Alright. Thanx bro
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by mayor2013: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
Diy scanners available. Call 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
billyG:

Is possible 2 hav ABS fix if my car has none?

possible, not practical
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:42am On Apr 13, 2016
@LonelyDora I would say you are just lucky,
To be honest I find it hard to believe automedics like GAZZUZ can advice an ABS bypass.hhhhhmmmm
Talking about ABS bypass it has almost made me give up on my W210 E320,the ABS was bypassed cos of a failing calliper the kazeem could not detect and made the culprit ABS module which he bypassed with those sockets as shown in ur pictures,I used the car like that as most mechs I ask to restore it saw nothing wrong in bypassing ABS module.
When the wahala now started I was left OYO,it started with my tranny making a bang sound when changing gears till it would not even change aside Drive and Reverse,I was told the valvebody is gone,I bought another tranny,thisone worked for 2wks and the bang sound started again.I diagnosed again and the valve body is the culprit .hhhh I used the gear lke dat and felt I need to make some corrections on D car as I feel sometin holds it down like I press sliightly on D brakes wen I'm driving in slow pace.I changed callipers,hubs,shafts,axle and still same thing.
I gave up and thought to change the 3rd tranny,I got another tranny and I notice immediately after fixing dat tranny attempt to change but other things hinder it.I know I can't buy another tranny "Not Me"so I decided to look into the ABS module bypassed.I got a good ABS module restored the pipes and alas everything plus my brakes became sharp again.with D bypass the brake was a total mess.
Now see the stress and money wasted on a silly move of ABS module bypass,made me to buy 2 tranny,Hub,axle,shaft,which the culprit is just calliper.the kazeem was unable to detect and bypassed ABS.
LonelyDora I said u were lucky cos if u used the car a bit longer with the bypass,it will affect ur valvebody as those cables on the module works with speed sensors which relates to the tranny.
ABS bypass any Kazeem that does that is bad enough to park ur car @ his workshop till further notice,maybe to sell off or let it rott

You can only try it in older cars that are not sensitive,infact icant even try it on a W124 1988 autodrive sef

2 Likes

Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by lonelydora: 9:14am On Apr 13, 2016
BOUNTYDOG:
To be honest I find it hard to believe automedics like GAZZUZ can advice an ABS bypass.hhhhhmmmm
Talking about ABS bypass it has almost made me give up on my W210 E320,the ABS was bypassed cos of a failing calliper the kazeem could not detect and made the culprit ABS module which he bypassed with those sockets as shown in ur pictures,I used the car like that as most mechs I ask to restore it saw nothing wrong in bypassing ABS module.
When the wahala now started I was left OYO,it started with my tranny making a bang sound when changing gears till it would not even change aside Drive and Reverse,I was told the valvebody is gone,I bought another tranny,thisone worked for 2wks and the bang sound started again.I diagnosed again and the valve body is the culprit .hhhh I used the gear lke dat and felt I need to make some corrections on D car as I feel sometin holds it down like I press sliightly on D brakes wen I'm driving in slow pace.I changed callipers,hubs,shafts,axle and still same thing.
I gave up and thought to change the 3rd tranny,I got another tranny and I notice immediately after fixing dat tranny attempt to change but other things hinder it.I know I can't buy another tranny "Not Me"so I decided to look into the ABS module bypassed.I got a good ABS module restored the pipes and alas everything plus my brakes became sharp again.with D bypass the brake was a total mess.
Now see the stress and money wasted on a silly move of ABS module bypass,made me to buy 2 tranny,Hub,axle,shaft,which the culprit is just calliper.the kazeem was unable to detect and bypassed ABS.
LonelyDora I said u were lucky cos if u used the car a bit longer with the bypass,it will affect ur valvebody as those cables on the module works with speed sensors which relates to the tranny.
ABS bypass any Kazeem that does that is bad enough to park ur car @ his workshop till further notice,maybe to sell off or let it rott

You can only try it in older cars that are not sensitive,infact icant even try it on a W124 1988 autodrive sef

You are correct. In fact, while i was still looking for the culprit, a colleague's mechanic told me to prepare for a tranny change as long as the ABS module is bypassed. That's the reason i started trobleshooting again and luckily found out it was the flexible hose. Also, remember I told you guys it was a temporary solution and Gazzuzz ascended to it.
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:46am On Apr 13, 2016
BOUNTYDOG:

your case is different. If you had asked any one who is very knowledgeable in Mercedes would have told you not to try it. The braking systems of both vehicles are not wired same way sir.
Re: Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

your case is different. If you had asked any one who is very knowledgeable in Mercedes would have told you not to try it. The braking systems of both vehicles are not wired same way sir.

Well lots of Benz mech who saw it and I asked to revert asked why,do I have brake failure?and I tell dem I just feel its not right and might be the culprit,and they say lie lie it can never be the culprit.
Even the day I reverted it was DIY as one Benz tech did the previous day and 3hoses were leaking.2nd day he had 3cars to fix and asked me to wait,out of anxiety as I wanted to finish early so I can get it scanned and I did it myself only one leakage which I corrected later.

I realised they feel ABS issue can be troublesome

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport / Ford Working On Pothole Warning System For Drivers / China's Future Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.