Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. (20548 Views)

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2017). / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! / Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by yongnoble(m): 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alfred200825:

If it took Americans years to withdrew from Iraq, if it took them years to kill Bin Laden and since they are still fighting Al queda, I will never lose faith in the Nigeria Army. God bless all the Gallant men and women risking life and limb to protect our territorial sovereignty. If e dey pain you carry gun enter sambisa.

Stop spewing rubbish you know nothing about. Do you know why America stayed that long in Iraq and Afganistan? You think they stayed because it was difficult for them to accomplish? No sir, they stayed because because they were stealing Iraqis oil and Afgan Opium and minerals. When Sadam attacked Kuwait, his Forces were overwhelmed by the Americans in less than two weeks. Hen they (the yanks) invaded Iraq, their first duty was to secure all the oil fields and installations. After they had done that, it only took them 4 weeks to match into and capture Bagdad. So sir, stop spewing rubbish on matters you know nothing or little about. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by jimi4us: 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
[size=20pt]lets clap for GEJ. he really brought joy to Nigeria.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by captainjoh(m): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
seangy4konji:
Dat is d problem with kids of nowadays.u nor get brain at all. You quoted me and insulted me for no reason. Now make I get a life. You weh deh create thread cos of 50 naira weh u borrow from Mtn?who needs to get a life

You better focus cos u still v a long way to go.

May God in his infinite mercies help your sorry life.
so you God? And you are calling my regulars senseless
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by seangy4konji: 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
I am not God but you quoted me from no where callin me useless brain.i took it personal also. .
captainjoh:

so you God? And you are calling my regulars senseless
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by Tocheagle(m): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
I love the Nigerian army . Haters go and drink poison
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by Leboska(m): 7:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
doskie:

you have no brain in your head at all.
why not join the army and get posted to the north so you defeat bh.
the ones fighting and dying everyday are not older than you.
have you ever heard of guerilla war fare?
do you think if bh was a conventional force they would withstand NA for even a day? stop judging the effort of soldiers from the luxury amd comfort of your home. join the force. engage in battles and then come back to make a comment. dont quote me and feel safe.
sorry I can't join cowards who are only good in flogging elderly unarmed women. I prefer to die fighting with the real soldiers
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by doskie(m): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
Leboska:

sorry I can't join cowards who are only good in flogging elderly unarmed women. I prefer to die fighting with the real soldiers
think before typing.
military men beating innocent civilians is against their code of conduct and ethics. they are criminals. they cannot all be caught. it is very difficult to find officers behaving like that. and soldiers most often brutalise civillians in such a place and manner that they expect not to be caught or identified. if you can identify a soldier, he will not risk the consequences of dehumanising you without defendable cause. that is military. there are detractors and achilles heels among every group. that doesnt mean the military system sanctions their activities. now let me ask you about civillians and civility. do you like to tell me why you find civillians beating a thief and burning him alive? is that civility or constitutional? what about the abandoned babies we see in gutters every day? what about the deaths from ritual killers? the news of husbands burning their kids and wives with hot iron? and then cultism? can we say civillians are all babaric because of these news?
you called soldiers cowards? wow! I hope you dont run under your bed and leave your wife to open the door for the armed robbers? I doubt you can collect your 50naira change from a lagos bus conductor. and yet you do not want to be less esteemed than the men who with salaries of 53k fight for a country that the leaders alone are enjoying.
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by Alfred200825(m): 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
yongnoble:

Stop spewing rubbish you know nothing about. Do you know why America stayed that long in Iraq and Afganistan? You think they stayed because it was difficult for them to accomplish? No sir, they stayed because because they were stealing Iraqis oil and Afgan Opium and minerals. When Sadam attacked Kuwait, his Forces were overwhelmed by the Americans in less than two weeks. Hen they (the yanks) invaded Iraq, their first duty was to secure all the oil fields and installations. After they had done that, it only took them 4 weeks to match into and capture Bagdad. So sir, stop spewing rubbish on matters you know nothing or little about. Thank you.

It also took them long to kill Bin Laden becos of opium and oil too abi? Bro guerrilla tactics which the Boko boys are using is far different from conventional warfare so don't expect an immediate victory. Give NA the kudos they deserve
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by yongnoble(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alfred200825:

It also took them long to kill Bin Laden becos of opium and oil too abi? Bro guerrilla tactics which the Boko boys are using is far different from conventional warfare so don't expect an immediate victory. Give NA the kudos they deserve

The whole "Kill Bin Laden" thing was a charade, a faux. The US had Bin Landen on the back of their palm all day long. They only needed to "Kill" him when necessary which they did at a time Obama's approval rating was on a record low. Its all politics and crowd(masses) control.
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by sam90s(m): 9:36am On Mar 14, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Increase confidence in armed forces? Who are they armed against? Cameroon or Cotonou? They were, are, and will be, nothing more than a colonial army protecting the resources for the international brokers to enrich themselves and their children. No wonder our people are at cue at Embassy trying to get blue passport to give birth abroad.

Stop lying to yourself

Your point?
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by sam90s(m): 9:50am On Mar 14, 2016
yongnoble:

Since the WW2 name one war the US has fought and WON, they've been involved in armed conflicts every decade to date.
Re: Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. by Litmus: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2016
Let's put it this way, it is likely that foreign threat assessment experts have advised Nigeria that the military capacity in West Africa isn't something Nigeria should worry about. All of which probably just suits Nigeria whose recent instincts are unadventurous and unambitious. In addition to this, add Western advice, pre-democracy, to Nigeria and much of Africa against investing in the military because of coup threats and competing demands and you arrive at the pathetic state of Nigeria's military capacity you have today, corruption not withstanding .

Yeah, so then maybe Nigeria gratefully embraces those that give them the excuse not to invest in 4th and 5th generation aircraft, national missiles deference systems, the burgeoning space program. Conversely, since sea threat is obliviously injurious to Nigeria's economic activity and equally if not more important to their Western economic activities (recall that the British went to war against Egypt over Suez and many used to point to the straits of hormuz as a possible third-world-war flash point) Nigeria is encouraged to invest relatively in the Navy and thus we have all witnessed the commendable improvements. I've highlighted "relatively" because the investment in the navy is only to a level that enables Nigeria to act as a policeman in the gulf of guinea and possible all along the coastline from Guinea to Mozambique but not enough to mount a serious threat and deterrence. For that we would need to invest in submarines and acquire serious blue water capacity.

(Lol, look at me mentioning stuff like blue water capacity (all courtesy of Beagles blog ( anyway that just fills gaps in my own thinking that i had no words for)))

The upshot is Nigeria needs to invest heavily in the Military and we have not. The Navy is improved but nothing like what we need. As for the Nigerian Army....well you probably could envision that Eeben Barlow fellow of South Africa being capable of raising an army that could march into Nigeria and defeat us. Of course they wouldn't be able to sustain that victory but it is conceivable that he has the experience and knowledge to cause such an upset. The thing is, it is also likely that Nigerian soldiers are the best in Africa and yet none of us could conceive of Eeben Barlow ever being capable of raising an army that could defeat Algeria in war. This is because technology and equipment counts for much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entwistle Rubbishes Telegraph Report On Buhari (photos) / Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee / FG Warns Niger Delta Youths - Oil Will Dry, Prepare For The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.