Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Ranking Of Obas: Awujale Blasts Alake, Queries Source Of Rating - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ranking Of Obas: Awujale Blasts Alake, Queries Source Of Rating (707 Views)

Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland / Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ranking Of Obas: Awujale Blasts Alake, Queries Source Of Rating by honorbule(m): 12:20am On Mar 13, 2016
THE Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, has tongue-lashed the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, over his recent ranking of Yoruba Obas, which is still generating heat in the polity.

The Alake, in the ranking of the five top Obas, placed the Ooni of Ife as the first, followed by the Alaafin of Oyo, the Oba of Benin, with the Alake coming fourth and the Awujale fifth.

Dismissing the ranking as self-serving, false and misrepresentation of facts, Awujale said the Alake was not higher than him in order of ranking, adding that at best, he was a junior traditional ruler in Yoruba land.

To get the records, the Awujale advised the Alake to meet with former President Olusegun Obasanjo for proper tutelage.

“My advice to Alake, being a young and inexperienced traditional ruler, is that he should contact Chief Olusegun Obasanjo for proper education so as to save himself and his people from further embarrassment,” he said.

Oba Adetona spoke in Lagos at the Inaugural Lecture of the Professorial Chair in Governance he endowed at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye.

The Alake's ranking of Yoruba sparked off heated debate, with the Benin Kingdom countering that no Yoruba Oba was higher than the Oba of Benin.

The polity had been suffused with series of arguments and counter-arguments over the issue since then.

Picking holes in the ranking, the Awujale faulted the 1903 gazette the Alake based his categorisation on.

His words: “Not long ago, after the installation of Oba Alaiyeluwa Adeyeye Ogunwusi as the Ooni of Ife, he undertook steps to foster unity and cooperation among leading Yoruba Obas and for which I personally commend him.
Cont. Here : http://odili.net/news/source/2016/mar/10/342.html
Re: Ranking Of Obas: Awujale Blasts Alake, Queries Source Of Rating by ROCKHARDDK(m): 12:21am On Mar 13, 2016
Craze dey worry dem, boya le mo pe won ti yo o!!!
Re: Ranking Of Obas: Awujale Blasts Alake, Queries Source Of Rating by sultaan(m): 12:32am On Mar 13, 2016
WHy not develop the economic power of their domain and ranking automatically goes with economic influence
Re: Ranking Of Obas: Awujale Blasts Alake, Queries Source Of Rating by christopher123(m): 1:02am On Mar 13, 2016
What the hell is wrong with these Yoruba kings and rating

It's shameful

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Obas: Awujale Blasts Alake, Queries Source Of Rating by honorbule(m): 7:14am On Mar 13, 2016
sultaan:
WHy not develop the economic power of their domain and ranking automatically goes with economic influence

I wonder oh....

(1) (Reply)

Should I Become Their King? / Here Are 7 Interesting Facts About Ancient Igboland: / “I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.