Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Grace: You Don’t Always Get What You Deserve - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace: You Don’t Always Get What You Deserve (410 Views)

Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Prophet Bernard Siam: Stop Calling Me Spiritual Father If You Don’t Pay Me Tithe / Forget Re-election In 2019 If You Don’t Repent–Bishop Odutemu Tells Buhari,Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grace: You Don’t Always Get What You Deserve by taiye4real: 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
InfoTej:

“Whatever I am now it is all because God poured out such kindness and grace upon me.” (1 Corinthians 15:10a TLB)

If you’ve grown up in the U.S., you’ve probably heard all of these statements before:

If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
We make money the old-fashioned way — we earn it.
There’s no such thing as a free lunch.
There is no gain without pain.
God helps those who help themselves.

Everything about the American way of life teaches you that you get what you earn in life. We value work, sweat, effort, and performance. It’s called the American work ethic.

Overall, I like such a strong work ethic. God wants us to work at our jobs as if we are working for him. But God never relates to us based on our performance. The Bible tells us that everything God does in our lives — every blessing we have, every gift we receive — comes through his grace.

In other words, he gives us what we don’t deserve....

Click here to complete it.
Re: Grace: You Don’t Always Get What You Deserve by taiye4real: 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2016

(1) (Reply)

I Love His Death And Resurrection But HATE Easter / Psalm 91: A Prayer Now Fulfilled! / Be Encouraged After Reading This!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.