Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Shall We Tell The President? NNPC Confussion! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shall We Tell The President? NNPC Confussion! (373 Views)

Who We Tell Buhari The Truth-by Dele Sobowale / Confussion In Gombe State As Shiites And Sunnis Block Road / Shall We Tell The President-oped By Olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shall We Tell The President? NNPC Confussion! by Elose11(m): 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kindly give me a call if you understand what Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, minister of state for petroleum resources, is up to. When he became NNPC GMD last year, he reduced the directorates to four, saying we needed a “trim” organisation. Now that he is minister, he has increased them to seven “fat” units. He calls them “independent” units, meaning they are… erm… independent. Yet he says this is not “unbundling”. Independent but not unbundled? Independent? And I understand NNPC is fast becoming family business. At this rate, Diezani Alison-Madueke, former petroleum minister, may end up as a saint in record time. Nigeria!

BUHARI AND MTN

On Tuesday, when President Muhammadu Buhari accused MTN of “aiding” the killing of 10,000 Nigerians by Boko Haram, I shuddered a bit. The president shouldn’t be making such public statements, I told myself. MTN clearly erred by failing to register 5.1 million subscribers and many of us have condemned the telecoms giant, but such a weighty allegation coming from the president is unnecessary — in my opinion. It is good that there finally seems to be a headway in the resolution of the issue, and I hope a good lesson has been learnt by all concerned, from operators to regulators. Valuable

https://www.thecable.ng/shall-tell-president

(1) (Reply)

Re: South West Pdp Leadership / Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs And Students To Benefit From $2.5m Grant / Another Victim Of Zaria Massacre Killed In Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.