Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,813 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Emeka Ike Denies Involvement In Ibinabo's Jail Term - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emeka Ike Denies Involvement In Ibinabo's Jail Term (646 Views)

Emeka Rollas Defeats Emeka Ike To Become President Of AGN / Emeka Ike: "Suzanne Emma, My Wife Was Beaten Black & Blue By One Wife Snatcher" / Emeka Ike Celebrates His 50th Birthday With New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emeka Ike Denies Involvement In Ibinabo's Jail Term by youngsahito(m): 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
– Emeka Ike denies having anything to do with Ibinabo Fiberesima’s current predicaments as the latter faces five-year jail sentence
– This comes after allegations that he anonymously masterminded the court rulings
– Both Nollywood stars have fallen out several times in the past over control of the Actors’ Guild of Nigeria
– In light of this, Ibinabo’s son writes emotional open letter urging Nigerians to pray for his mother
The face-off between Emeka Ike and Ibinabor Fiberesima over the leadership of the Actors’ Guild of Nigeria coupled with Emeka’s marriage troubles in 2015 left both parties in a state of unfriendliness to say the least.
But with Ibinabo’s recent five-year jail term, Emeka has denied any involvements in the situation as he stated that they had all been in court on the basis of addressing problems before the Actors’ Guild rather than on Ibinabo’s accidental murder of a medical doctor 11 years ago.
It is not news that Ibinabo knocked down one Giwa Suraj in a car accident along the Lekki-Epe expressway 11 years ago. The deceased was a medical doctor and the breadwinner of his family.
Emeka Ike’s involvement stems from allegations that he anonymously wrote an article in a newspaper recently seeking justice for late Dr. Giwa Suraj, a move that has reportedly propelled the fresh court charges against Ibinabo.
He has also accused her several times of impersonating him as the president of the guild especially after an Abuja Federal High Court told her to leave office.
But in an interview with Olisa TV, the actor denied being happy over her current predicaments.
He said: “I should not be assumed to be happy with the present travail of Ibinabo Fiberesima.
“We are in court on the matter of our guild, the Actors Guild of Nigeria, not on the issue of death or motor accident. I don’t wish jail for her.”
He added that he had only been in the court recently to get her out of office as the lawfully demanded.
He stated that he was not about rejoicing over her jail term as his only concern was the presidency of the guild.
He said: “Ibinabo has been impersonating to be the president. I am the president. I only want her to vacate the office.
“If she has a case and jailed for it, it has nothing to do with me.”
Justice Deborah Oluwayemi of the Lagos division of the Court of Appeal sentenced the actress to five years in prison on Friday, March 11.
Justice Oluwayemi refused Nnaemeka Amaechina’s plea for the court to set aside the sentence and act on a prior N100, 000 fine verdict of the Magistrate Court on the grounds that the appeal lacked merit.
Amaechina was the Ibinabo’s lawyer. Following the judgment, the actress reportedly burst into tears.
A factional chairman of the Actors’ guild, Don Pedro Aganbi, has also weighed in on the situation, throwing his weight behind Emeka Ike as he dismissed claims that anyone was happy about Ibinabo’s jail sentence.
According to Daily Post, Aganbi said:
“Nobody would be glad over such even if the person is your enemy.
“Mind you, our fight is only about the Actors Guild not about life and death. I don’t also think Emeka Ike would go dancing over Ibinabo’s present faith.
“All we wanted was that she leaves the office not by going to jail.”
In another development, Sean Coughlan who is the first son of the embattled actress has written a note to Nigerians asking for support and prayers in this trying time.
In the open letter written on Saturday, March 12, Sean addressed the issue of his mother’s reckless driving and the reactions from the public thus far.
He wrote: “People of Nigeria, This is Sean, first and proud son of Ibinabo Fiberesima, I write on here today to plead with all Nigerians to pray for my mother. She is going through the toughest of times right now, and so are we, her family. I’ve been reading heartbreaking comments on her matter that ‘she thinks she’s above the law’, ‘she doesn’t feel sorry for the family of the deceased’, ‘she was drunk and deserves this punishment’, let me get a few things straight with you now.
“My mother is the most humble woman I know, I was not aware she was a celebrity until I was about 14 and that’s only because my uncle told me, she does not see herself or act as if she is above any other person. She is a proud Nigerian who loves her country and its people.
“Secondly, she has been carrying heartbreak around with her for the past 11 years after the accident. She understands the pain for the deceased family and is very hurt about what happened herself. She has tried her utter most to console with the Family, so don’t ever think she does not care.
“Thirdly she was not drunk, the charges are reckless and dangerous driving, first of all I refuse to believe my mother was driving recklessly or dangerous, as I’ve been in a car with her countless times and nothing has happened.
“On this occasion it was unfortunate, she was unlucky, her car flipped over which happens to a number of cars and another car smashed into her. She was in a comma for days, she could have easily lost her life, but thankfully, by Gods strength only she survived.
“She did not set out that day trying to kill someone or herself. Right now my mother is broken, and needs the prayer and support of all Nigerians, so please put all your conspiracies about this matter aside, I know it’s between her and God now.
“Join us, myself, Craig her son who is 14, Malcolm and Brian her other sons and her beautiful Daughter Zino who is just 8, and the rest of her family, to pray for my Mother. Let God decide what is just and what is not. Whatever your religion, join us and Pray for my mother as well as the family of the deceased. We can all get through this but not without God.
“Thank you for reading, may God bless you all.”
Re: Emeka Ike Denies Involvement In Ibinabo's Jail Term by chocolateme(f): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
No be small matter
Re: Emeka Ike Denies Involvement In Ibinabo's Jail Term by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
oga oo
Re: Emeka Ike Denies Involvement In Ibinabo's Jail Term by olamide452(f): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
shocked
Re: Emeka Ike Denies Involvement In Ibinabo's Jail Term by cruzita(f): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
hmmm what can we do .judgement has been passed

(1) (Reply)

Rising Photographer, Genesis Williams, Talks About His Passion For Fantasy Pics / Mavin Star Di’ja Refuses To Share New Photo Amid Pregnancy Reports - 360jamng.ga / Meet The World’s Biggest Snake Ever! Giant Anaconda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.