Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Eldest Catholic Catechist In Nigeria Dies At 100 Years(pic) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Eldest Catholic Catechist In Nigeria Dies At 100 Years(pic) (739 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & His Eldest Daughter Pictured Together / Church Catechist Killed By Tree Today In Anambra State / Anxiety In Akure As President Of Ogboni Fraternity In Nigeria Dies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Eldest Catholic Catechist In Nigeria Dies At 100 Years(pic) by Seawhy(m): 8:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
Pa Eugene Ogbozor, the oldest catholic catechist in Nigeria is dead. He died on Sunday,8 Feb,2016, at the age of 100 years. Late Pa Ogbozor, popularly called Otito diri Jesu, Papa father,Pa Ogbozor hails from Amokwe Uborji, Ngwo in Enugu state. He served as Catechist for more than 50 years, under different parishes and Rev. Fathers. Among the notable parishes are ugwu gi nso Eke,St Mary Cath Church Ngwo,CKP Ngwo uno,and St Joseph cath church, Uborji, where he retired in 2004. Late Pa Ogbozor will be remembered for his doggedness in the development of catholic church in Nigeria. Notable among his achievements are the creation of many parishes, establishment of many societies in catholic church,establishment of alters in almost every home in Ngwo community. For his love for Christ, he willfully allowed his two sons into priesthood. Today, his two sons (Paul and Patrick) are ordained priests of catholic church. On 16th March, 2016,all roads will lead to St joseph cath church for his last respect,where the cath Bishop of Enugu and other 3 bishops with over 50 rev. Fathers and sister will conduct a requiem mass in his honour. And thereafter, interment in his country home, Amokwe uborji. His wife Nneora Philomina Ogbozor(JP) died in Dec,2015. May their gentle soul rest in peace. Amen.

Re: The Eldest Catholic Catechist In Nigeria Dies At 100 Years(pic) by chocolateme(f): 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
Rest in peace Pa Eugene
Re: The Eldest Catholic Catechist In Nigeria Dies At 100 Years(pic) by nerilove(m): 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Wow! This is a magnificient feat. Fare thee well. onyenweanyi nonyere unu.
Re: The Eldest Catholic Catechist In Nigeria Dies At 100 Years(pic) by Chanchit: 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
grin
Make I talk wetin dey my mind?
I go talk am

I no go talk am

Well I'm sure this man stay for God side when his mates were busy carrying wooden gun follow Ojukwu, see as the man live long now while his mates well una know the rest.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/03/16 / Is Money The Root Of All Evil? See This Question / VIDEO: Tanzania's First Lady Thanks TB JOSHUA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.