Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

How A Friend Was Almost Scammed. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Friend Was Almost Scammed. (671 Views)

Aliyu Giwa: "How My Friend Was Set Up For Dumping His Cheating Girlfriend" / Lady Laments After Her Close Friend Was Stabbed To Death In Abuja. Photos / How I Was Almost Scammed Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Friend Was Almost Scammed. by kachnov(m): 9:43am On Mar 14, 2016
A friend of mine into the luxury goods business was almost scammed.They run a business where you can place online orders and have your goods waybilled to your location.A certain lady placed an order for goods worth 800k plus 5k for courier fee delayed the payment till late Friday night,where she claimed to have made the bank transfer, an alert for Skye bank was actually received and as of Saturday,she insisted the goods be sent before monday.However my friend sent one of his workers to go confirm the money using an ATM, and he should withdraw at least 50k to confirm the money is legit,on getting there lo and behold there was no money in the account,except his previous balance.The Lady had the audacity to call requesting he sends the driver's number used for the waybill and when confronted that the money was fake,she pulled another stunt,that she will get across to them,let her contact her account officer .Apparently a second lady called that she was the account officer,that they made the 805k transfer but after firm threats from my friend that he will get them arrested for fraud,she kept quiet and didn't say anything.Later that Saturday evening he placed another call to them,with further threats ..this time a guy picked and was saying he should forget about the matter,now he was also blocked on WhatsApp by the scammers.

This was how he detected the scam
1.The scammers insisted on a Skye bank account, his business doesn't run a Skye bank account but Fidelity, fcmband diamond which was all declined by the scammers giving flimsy BVN excuses.
2.They probably hacked Into Skye bank account because his account balance totaled correctly when 805k was added.
3.The alert SMS sent was from skyebqnk and not Skye bank.
4.They delayed the payment to a weekend so he couldn't verify it with the bank.
5.They insisted the goods be sent before Monday.

So please if you run a business where online payments are accepted ,always verify every alert before parting with your goods.

Cc:Lalasticlala ,Seun.

Re: How A Friend Was Almost Scammed. by kachnov(m): 9:53am On Mar 14, 2016
Here are their numbers,
08159165184--Lady's whatsapp number
08123365331--They used this one for calls.
07087919347--The alleged skyebank account officer number.

Lalasticlala move to FP so other businesses won't fall victim to this wickedness.

(1) (Reply)

News: There Is A Rumor That The Guy Who Killed His Friend In Italy Is Back / Breaking! Soldier Kills A Woman Who Was On Her Way To Her Daughter's Wedding.. / Wife's Hand Butchered By Husband Set For Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.