Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Pls Tell Eto'o To Leave Barcelona Alone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pls Tell Eto'o To Leave Barcelona Alone! (919 Views)

Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o / Samuel Eto'o Give His 33,000 Euro Watch To Recordman Usain Bolt / Is Samuel Eto'o A Monkey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Pls Tell Eto'o To Leave Barcelona Alone! by funso77(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2009
Hey Nairalanders,

could you guys just please advise Eto'o to please move on with his career. believe me am a BLUES fan but am really concerned about this fantastic guy called Samuel Eto'o. But the fact that he keeps coming up on Barcelona's transfer radar year after year does not speak well of the Catalan giants. Below is a story culled from goal.com, a reliable sports website about the story. read on

Samuel Eto'o Must Leave Barcelona - Coach Guardiola
The Barcelona coach has spoken over the transfer rumpus surrounding both players and he admits he will not sign Ibrahimovic if the Cameroon striker stays as he tries to tell Eto'o to go,

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola is pushing Samuel Eto'o towards Inter, but he admits it will not be a problem if the striker decides to stay at the Camp Nou.

Reports suggest a deal has been struck by both the Catalan giants and the Nerazzurri. The Italians will receive around €48million plus Eto'o in exchange for Ibrahimovic. The ball is now in the players court and it's now down to Eto'o to kick his move forward.

Guardiola's words suggest he wants the Cameroon star to move to Inter for the good of all at Barcelona, but he admits there will be no rumpus if the move doesn't take off.

"I think it would be the best for Barcelona if Eto'o does leave and his sale is my decision. I think it's time to change after all that we have won," Guardiola told the press.

"Inter have the money to make Eto'o happy, but if he wants to stay then I will have no problem with that.

"Everything depends on Eto'o. He has the right to evaluate Inter's offer and make a decision."

Guardiola admits that Ibrahimovic will not arrive unless Eto'o goes, despite earlier claims from president Joan Laporta who said the Sweden striker would arrive regardless of whether Eto'o stayed on. The coach also explained there are no reasons for the decision to sell.

"If Samuel stays then we will continue with him and without Ibrahimovic," added the coach.

"Ibrahimovic is a different player to Eto'o and he is world-class too.

"Everything depends on Eto'o. I understand that people are looking for reasons why [he should leave].

"Samuel is a wonderful player and he did so well last year. Samuel has his character, his personality makes him what he is.

"There is not a single major reason for this decision. It is a matter of feeling and sensations. It's just that after winning the so much, we must change the squad, that's all, there are no other reasons.

"It is my responsibility to decide who I want to play and I made that decision. It would have been easier not to take it but I think it's best for the team and for the club. I am grateful to Samuel. He has been fantastic."

It appears as if the move is now hanging on Eto'o's hinges as talks progress. Reports claim Eto'o's agent is expected to meet with Inter in order to discuss his terms.
Re: Pls Tell Eto'o To Leave Barcelona Alone! by Jarus(m): 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2009
I thought I was the only one wondering why Barca are so desperate to off-load their goal-machine. Probably they want to make money cos before his contract runs out. But this is embarrassing. A whole Eto'o being chased out of a club. Heard Man U, Inter, Man city are in for him.
Re: Pls Tell Eto'o To Leave Barcelona Alone! by switch47(m): 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
DEAR ETO,

Please,i dont know how your matter take onern me o. B[b]E[/b]T sha am reacting to a yeye thread, on one site like that , i was told by a Member Funso77 AKA  sparko lala---------Please leave Barcelona o!! HA!! you better ommot ni o!!

yours  sinerely
                                                                                          Sweet47
Re: Pls Tell Eto'o To Leave Barcelona Alone! by Cristalz(f): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2009

(1)

UCL: Tottenham Hotspurs Vs Ac Milan [0 - 0] On March 09, 2011 / Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Europa League Group Stage Draw To Take Place Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.