Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,669 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God (1124 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Witch Turns To Owl At Enugu Crusade, Falls And Dies - Eyewitness Claims / PHOTOS: Man 'turns To Dog' During Deliverance Session At TB Joshua's Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by winner01(m): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
‘If there’s a God, You have to show me that You are real, and it has to be between You and me.  I can’t believe what somebody else says.  You have to show me that You can do something about this pain.  If You can’t, I’m dying.’"

These were the exact words of atheist Shelly Hundley in her sincere quest for truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b58NG-py28

God bless you as you watch.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by Weah96: 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
winner01:
‘If there’s a God, You have to show me that You are real, and it has to be between You and me.  I can’t believe what somebody else says.  You have to show me that You can do something about this pain.  If You can’t, I’m dying.’"

These were the exact words of atheist Shelly Hundley in her sincere quest for truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b58NG-py28

God bless you as you watch.

She was never an atheist, just a Christian who doubted when she didn't witness any magic tricks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by winner01(m): 4:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weah96:

She was never an atheist, just a Christian who doubted when she didn't witness any magic tricks.
Yeah, even if thousands (including atheists such as this) testify to the reality of the supernatural. It wouldnt matter because to you they are all will all be liars looking for fame right?
You seem to have made up your mind and so there isnt much to say.

I remember you posted this few days ago:

Weah96:

Thomas is a literary example of someone like me. Like the incredulous Thomas, I have yet to experience it. I don't have to prove why this thing DOESN'T talk to you guys either just like Thomas didn't have to prove that the dead man was NOT revisiting his mates.

I must have the Thomas experience. People in the bible were witnesses to magic tricks, that's why they believed.

If there is no magic, I won't believe you.

as if you were really open-minded.

And i remember replying you:
winner01:
Thomas was not the only one who doubted the resurrection of Jesus but was the probably the only one recorded in the Bible to have had a physical contact with the resurrected, as proof of Jesus' resurrection.

Now how about those like Thomas back in the days, who requested to touch the hands of Jesus. Some didn't even see Jesus till he ascended back into heaven. I'm sure some people in neighboring cities also doubted the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus.

My point is: We all have our different paths. You may not be able to physically touch the pierced hands of Jesus like Thomas did for the same reason you may not be as rich as Aliko dangote. You cant possibly demand for the same exact experience that someone had in the past and then conclude that if you do not have this experience, then a Creator does not exist.

Several people have had evidences ranging from physical encounters, dreams, creation, the human mind and spirit, the moral law, beauty, religion, experience, history, the church, the bible, Jesus e.t.c. That you are yet to experience it does not mean it is false or that those who have experienced it are liars.

Anything or even You could be the magic that you seek, but if you refuse to see yourself as magic. Then i pray you find what you seek.

Till then, dont go around preaching to people that "magic" does not exist or that those who have witnessed magic are liars or !diots.

This is one out of numerous people who have witnessesed magic.
You dont have to believe them, no one will force you either.
And we definately aren't interested in your opinion too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by Weah96: 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
winner01:
Yeah, even if thousands (including atheists such as this) testify to the reality of the supernatural. It wouldnt matter because to you they are all will all be liars looking for fame right?
You seem to have made up your mind and so there isnt much to say.

I remember you posted this few days ago:

as if you were really open-minded.

And i remember replying you:

This is one out of numerous people who have witnessesed magic.
You dont have to believe them, no one will force you either.
And we definately aren't interested in your opinion too.

Did you watch the video? She wasn't an atheist.

2 Likes

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by winner01(m): 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weah96:

Did you watch the video? She wasn't an atheist.
Oh yeah, Same way your brothers will deny you if you turn to christianity today.
Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by Weah96: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
winner01:

[size=18pt]I really have nothing more to say to you.[/size]

I agree.
Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by winner01(m): 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weah96:

[size=16pt]I agree that i'm close-minded[/size].
Easy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by KingEbukaNaija: 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
Jesus is Lord . She has seen the falsehood of atheism and has turned to light

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by Weah96: 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
winner01:
Easy cheesy

For someone who has nothing to say, it's impressive how you make sh.it up, like your collection of toilet paper/Bible.

1 Like

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
What a wonderful God we serve !
Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by finofaya: 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
She has been replaced. We will miss her.
Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by cloudgoddess(f): 12:16am On Mar 20, 2016
Found these gems in the comments.

"Saying you were once an Atheist but have now found "god", is like claiming to have once been erudite and lucid of mind but have since chosen willful ignorance, delusion and bronze age superstition over critical thinking, facts and scientific evidence. An atheist is a skeptic. The definition of an atheist is someone who has no belief in gods...full stop. It is not a knowledge claim. Shelley, you're not only an idiot, you are the typical dishonest, self-righteous Christian buffoon.

Unlike any religious claims that have ever been uttered by believers, true claims have never required, emotional comfort, wishing, faith, belief, hope, government collaboration or collusion; blasphemy laws, constant authoritative reinforcement from parents, family and community; child hood indoctrination, religious based cultural traditions, incentives and punishments to shield their countless claims from the honest truth. Only untruths require them. The truth requires nothing at all to be accepted; whether it's acknowledged or not. It will always remain the truth. Gods are imaginary."

"Notice how you rarely see conversion stories come from people who have their shit in gear. No one who has a stable life and a sensible curiosity hears the idea "There is a god who loves you unconditionally ... but if you don't believe that ... the same god will torture you for all eternity" no one hears that and goes "Boy that really makes sense!""

Why is it that "atheist" to christian stories are always laden with emotional reasoning and desperation, while christian to atheist stories are typically a result of curiosity, research, and level-headed analysis? Perhaps because emotional vulnerability is what draws people into religion in the first place. If that's what this woman is driven by, as it appears, it's no wonder she went back to the comfortable lies. Her short-lived "atheism" was a result of emotional upset and trauma. Not curiosity, reason, or a desire for truth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by winner01(m): 1:03am On Mar 20, 2016
God is good. Evil people will always find an excuse to intimidate her and bully her back to foolishness. God be praised.

1 Like

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by cloudgoddess(f): 4:01am On Mar 20, 2016
Case in point.
Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by Flexherbal(m): 5:41am On Mar 20, 2016
There is always joy in Heaven over the salvation of a lost soul.
Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by winner01(m): 7:33am On Mar 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
What a wonderful God we serve !
Yeah Bro. God is the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:50pm On May 05, 2016
He found the truth
Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by skeendyke: 9:04am On May 06, 2016
An atheist becoming a Christian is not proof that God exists. In the same way, a Christian becoming an atheist is not proof of God's non-existence.

God does not depend on the conversion of one to prove His existence, neither does the unbelief of another erase His existence.

Anybody who seeks God will find Him if they seek Him with sincerity to know Him. He will reveal Himself to them in such a way that He becomes the only reality.

However, God has permanently confined the curious, scientific seeker to endless fruitless search of His existence so that they sink in the sea of their questions about the material evidence of His existence. To these, God becomes an object of man's imagination since He can't be seen with the physical eyes, can't be heard, or touched. The limitation of their senses that cannot see beyond their ability to perceive and interact with the physical world dictates to them the existence of a Spirit being who created the whole universe.

And since they are not willing to try but would rather argue blindly against a reality existing in another dimension besides this physical dimension where, to be real, matter has to conform to physical laws, who says God is unjust to grant them their wish of eternal separation from Him since they denied His existence all their lives?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shelley Hundley: An Atheist Turns to God by winner01(m): 1:48am On Jun 19, 2016
skeendyke:
An atheist becoming a Christian is not proof that God exists. In the same way, a Christian becoming an atheist is not proof of God's non-existence.

God does not depend on the conversion of one to prove His existence, neither does the unbelief of another erase His existence.

Anybody who seeks God will find Him if they seek Him with sincerity to know Him. He will reveal Himself to them in such a way that He becomes the only reality.

However, God has permanently confined the curious, scientific seeker to endless fruitless search of His existence so that they sink in the sea of their questions about the material evidence of His existence. To these, God becomes an object of man's imagination since He can't be seen with the physical eyes, can't be heard, or touched. The limitation of their senses that cannot see beyond their ability to perceive and interact with the physical world dictates to them the existence of a Spirit being who created the whole universe.

And since they are not willing to try but would rather argue blindly against a reality existing in another dimension besides this physical dimension where, to be real, matter has to conform to physical laws, who says God is unjust to grant them their wish of eternal separation from Him since they denied His existence all their lives?
true

(1) (Reply)

Fewer Americans Believe In God Now: New Study / Images Depicting The State Of The Nigerian Church / Dear Pastor Adeboye, The Call For Justice Is Not Call For Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.