Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State (4482 Views)

Amaechi Vs Wike: Caption These Photos With Osinbajo / Fly Over And Road Construction In Epe, Lagos Ongoing (Photos) / Amaechi Vs Akpabio: Who Performed Better As A Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
this thread is all about good governance and how it should be sustained. first of all am not in any political party so I will want this thread to be devoid of political insinuations and innuendos.

I opened this thread to compare and contrast the method of road construction in Rivers state. I believe that a successive government aught to better his/her predecessor in project execution both in quality and standard. But what we are currently witnessing in Rivers State is a far cry of deviation from expectations. In fact I think it is better to put this up for discuss.

Amaechi as governor of Rivers State did a lot of road construction in the state and most of the road he did had similar standard. His roads were usually broad with underground drainage and pedestrian walk way usually embellished with street lights. In contrast to Wike’s road which are usually narrower with open gutter drainage and no pedestrian walk way. In as much as support and admire his urgency to impress rivers people he should try and understand few project that is well done is far better than too many that is hastily and poorly done. Tthe later can not stand the test of time. Besides, a rich state like Rivers State has gone past the era of open gutter drainage. Such open gutter drainage apart being an eye sore is usually a breeding habitat for mosquitoes and other harmful insects. Besides, such road without pedestrian walk ways is a potential hazard to pedestrians as they can be hit by motorists.

Psychiatric road in PH where I reside is a shining example of this huge dissimilar philosophy in road construction between the present and past government of Rivers state. Amaechi did section between CAS junction to new road junction and Rumuigbo to psychiatric hospital before he left office. The section of road he did was done with underground drainage and pedestrian walk way as shown below

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
I thought wike would continue with same standard only to be disappointed when I saw shallow open gutter drainage that was poorly done without pedestrian walk way. thinking that he took up to N50b loan for road construction is quite appalling
Below are the pics of those sections of road done by wike

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
These pics are boundary between the old and new government constructiion

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
I think Wike should go back to the drawing board and do some re evaluation of his projects and give Rivers people who voted him the best

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by Pwayne2016(m): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
Someone living in Ekiti is trying to Badmouth Wike just to praise Amaechi...wat about Rumuorlu-Woji-YKC road dat looks like Pigs sucking poo or PH/Aba road Oyigbo,many roads in Eleme are nt motorable,should i forget roads at Rumuodamaya..the fact is that Ameachi was trying when he was in PDP but wen he became APC member he definitely became a Zombie

18 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by Abagworo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
To cut cost based on reality of today. Amaechi enjoyed at least 6 years of high oil revenue hence the ambitious projects he embarked upon. Wike cannot sustain that. I think Oyigbo people will appreciate this Wike's road. They need help ASAP.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by SouthernBreeze(m): 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
You dey mind the zombie?
Pwayne2016:
Someone living in Ekiti is trying to Badmouth Wike just to praise Amaechi...wat about Rumuorlu-Woji-YKC road dat looks like Pigs sucking poo or PH/Aba road Oyigbo,many roads in Eleme are nt motorable,should i forget roads at Rumuodamaya..the fact is that Ameachi was trying when he was in PDP but wen he became APC member he definitely became a Zombie

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by Pwayne2016(m): 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
Abagworo:
To cut cost based on reality of today. Amaechi enjoyed at least 6 years of high oil revenue hence the ambitious projects he embarked upon. Wike cannot sustain that. I think Oyigbo people will appreciate this Wike's road. They need help ASAP.
You gat it right bro,is only people that do not knw abt Ameachi will come and rant Nonsense here,he forgot many roads in PH and Metropolis,even in rural areas but Embark on impossible Projects like that Monorail,greater PH city dat i dnt knw weda he wants to built in His Village, many useless pedestrian bridge...no Traffic light was functioning,no road marking.
PH changed from Garden city to dumped city,Dline and garrison area was den of Kidnappers and Arm robbers.
I thank God for Nyesom Ezenwo Wike

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
Pwayne2016:

my friend shut up. I reside in psychiatric Road and I am telling you what is on ground and you are carping trash. this is constructive criticism. its a wake up call for the government. leave these politicians they are their for their interest. point out the ills in their government so that they can leave up to expectation instead of being an asss licker. suffering and smiling sad

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Abagworo:
To cut cost based on reality of today. Amaechi enjoyed at least 6 years of high oil revenue hence the ambitious projects he embarked upon. Wike cannot sustain that. I think Oyigbo people will appreciate this Wike's road. They need helpASAP.

for crying out loud he borrowed a whooping N50b in less than a year and he is doing just sub standard road and yet you expect us to clap for him. government in essence should have the capacity to address constructive criticism. we should make these office holders accountable so that we could achieve sustainable development

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by JahJaa(m): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
Here to Learn. Wike vs Amaechi been on the news since last year. Are they men or Women

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by Abagworo(m): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
utunnegi:

for crying out loud he borrowed a whooping N50b in less than a year and he is doing just sub standard road and yet you expect us to clap for him. government in essence should have the capacity to address constructive criticism. we should make these office holders accountable so that we would achieve sustainable development

I am Amaechi's number 1 fan any day but I am aware that Rivers State at the moment has deficit wage bill and Government has to minimise the cost as much as possible.

Oyigbo needs some of these substandard roads for it is completely neglected in road infrastructure.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
Abagworo:

I am Amaechi's number 1 fan any day but I am aware that Rivers State at the moment has deficit wage bill and Government has to minimise the cost as much as possible.

Oyigbo needs some of these substandard roads for it is completely neglected in road infrastructure.

deficit wage bill? a gov't that borrowed N50b recently, sacked thousands in Timariv, RivPoly, RSSDA, primary school workers, etc. he stopped and send back Rivers students in over seas scholarship thus mopping in a lot of savings. he is also receiving full IGR. A government that has abandoned all other project only to concentrate on road aught to give us nothing but the best

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by layzie: 6:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
Utunnegi is correct in his analysis of psychiatric road, I have been there. Amaechi's section is wider and with underground drainage/walkway. Wike's section is exactly as shown in d pix. And to think dat Wike used Julius Berger is even more appalling considering their fees.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by hrworld: 6:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
Wike and PDP are just noise makers. In terms of development, you can never compare Wike to Amaechi. Amaechi delivered Rivers. The trouble is just Jonathan issue.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by Truckpusher(m): 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
Another useless thread that was pulled out from the ass of a zombie.

Amaechi was using MCC a Lebanese company to construct substandard roads that became dilapidated even before he left office while Wike is using Julius Berger to construct roads that are clearly different from the wack projects embarked on by the loud mouthed dog of Ubima who bribed his way through the tribunal and appelate court before the Supreme Court decided to put a stop to his madness.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by Truckpusher(m): 6:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
layzie:
Utunnegi is correct in his analysis of psychiatric road, I have been there. Amaechi's section is wider and with underground drainage/walkway. Wike's section is exactly as shown in d pix. And to think dat Wike used Julius Berger is even more appalling considering their fees.
The same psychiatric road where he worked half and left the other half simply because the people supported Omehia?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 6:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
Truckpusher:

Amaechi was using MCC a Lebanese company to construct substandard roads that became dilapidated even before he left office while Wike is using Julius Berger to construct roads that are clearly different from the wack projects embarked on by the loud mouthed dog of Ubima who bribed his way through the tribunal and appelate court before the Supreme Court decided to put a stop to his madness.

you ain't addressing the issue here rather you are attacking personality. these politicians doesn't deserve your sycophancy support. the least we can do is to come up with constructive criticism to keep them on checks.

wike obviously have derailed and as such must be chided to keep him on his kneels and working

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
Truckpusher:

so you mean Julius Berger construct the poor roads in this pictures above while the good ones were done by the mcc that you are trying to put down?

wetin pain me pass for this your comment be sey you no pad am up with proverbs. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by Igwe9(m): 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
Wike has even started building roads, which ones are any of the APC governors doing including Buhari, you guys should pack well! And those mentioning N50B loan, how much is it? Maybe when Amechi's loots are repatriated, he(Wike) will complete the projects.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by layzie: 11:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
Truckpusher:
The same psychiatric road where he worked half and left the other half simply because the people supported Omehia?

Yea I heard the rumour that amaechi didn't complete the road cos it's a PDP stronghold.

But that's not the purpose of the thread, the topic is on quality of work done. The 2 sections of the road are incomparable. Wike's job, done by JB (@ obviously higher rate...I stand to be corrected) is substandard.

I am not supporting either of dem, but wat is worth doing is worth doing well. AmaehiAmaechi shudnt have abandoned the road cos of petty politics and Wike sshouldn't be forming activity with JB while delivering highly substandard job. He is taking us backwards. The difference in the pix above is very clear

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by budusky05(m): 5:41am On Mar 15, 2016
This governor na scam
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by allycat: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2016
Rumuagholu road had been a nightmare for over 3 years, I don't know why it was abandoned. Wike has done some work there and my elderly relatives who were almost cut off from PH. At least now they can drive in and out and get to town for church and other activities. Will such people not support the person that took them out of their misery.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by MOVERSMAG: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2016
Pwayne2016:
DON'T MIND THE FUUUULLL HE WANTS TO COMPARE 8 YEARS AND 8 MONTHS, IF WE DO IT TO BUHARI NOW THEY WILL CRY FOWL

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
MOVERSMAG:

DON'T MIND THE FUUUULLL HE WANTS TO COMPARE 8 YEARS AND 8 MONTHS, IF WE DO IT TO BUHARI NOW THEY WILL CRY FOWL
you are even the bigger foooooooooll for extolling mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
allycat:
Rumuagholu road had been a nightmare for over 3 years, I don't know why it was abandoned. Wike has done some work there and my elderly relatives who were almost cut off from PH. At least now they can drive in and out and get to town for church and other activities. Will such people not support the person that took them out of their misery.

we are talking of quality and standard of the job done mr. man

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by allycat: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
What he said he was doing us operation no Pot holes. If he were to plan and build roads from the scratch everywhere maybe like Amaechi's era 8 years will pass before some areas will be reached.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
allycat:
What he said he was doing us operation no Pot holes. If he were to plan and build roads from the scratch everywhere maybe like Amaechi's era 8 years will pass before some areas will be reached.

this ain't operation zero pot hole what he's doing is full construction with open gutter drainage.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by jpphilips(m): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2016
layzie:

It is a valid argument that the financial muscles of both administrations are not at par
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by utunnegi: 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
jpphilips:

It is a valid argument that the financial muscles of both administrations are not at par

is that why he should go on a spree of carrying out substandard projects? why not do the few he can do and do them with class. he has stop any other economic project and their is much finance in his disposal to do quality job as I stated in one of my previous comment. he has no excuse whatsoever in doing a good job
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by jpphilips(m): 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
utunnegi:

is that why he should go on a spree of carrying out substandard projects? why not do the few he can do and do them with class. he has stop any other economic project and their is much finance in his disposal to do quality job as I stated in one of my previous comment. he has no excuse whatsoever in doing a good job

Tell that to woji, obigbo and the area across okporo road people if they dont stone you to death
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike: Road Construction Method In Rivers State by jimmbones: 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
@jpHilipS. Nobody wil stone utunnegi. the thread is technical not pOlitical. A civil engineer will clear u beta. Dia is a diFF bw both roads

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari In Tears For Loosing 2 Family Members In 24hour / Wike And Okowa Welcome Obaseki To PDP(photos) / If Obi Win Any State From North Or South West Call Me BASTARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.