Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts (10730 Views)

Nigerian Military Training Cancellation Baffles US Experts / GEJ On Shakara Mood As US Experts Come For Ebola Tutorials(pics) / World News » US Experts Hunt For Ebola Exposure After First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2006
most eu and asian countries are moving toward continental integration, we have the AU to help us with that
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Chxta(m): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2006
On the contrary my friend, a lot of people (as can be seen here) are all for fragmentation!
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Chxta(m): 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2006
Seun:

Don't mind Afeni, he's not even in Nigeria and he's talking war because he knows it won't affect him.

yes, the vintage armchair analyst.

@ Seun, why is it that when I type in three dots it changes to a comma?
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nutter(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2006
"Denial aint just a river in Egypt." - Mark Twain.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by anton(m): 4:23am On Jul 07, 2006
common knowledge in certain circles already say some members of your "government" are being "handled" by, if not cia, special forces "liaisons".

That sob statement by obasanjo talkin about "GAAAWWDD-DUH!!!" is so funny, becasue these are the same guys sucking the money out the country. . . That guy know what the business is. Probably already got his chateau built in sounthern france or scotland, right beside jesse jackson's. Sick.

To close on a constructive note, there is no reason why we can't put together our own intelligence organization, panels of experts, etc, etc. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to policy development, most people get real lazy and dismissive real fast.

I also hope that you've learned with iraq that once these clowns make a prediction, they go our of their way to make it come true. Kinda the whole purpose of the think tank/intelligence community net work.

Iraq. Was. Not. A. Mistake. Tenet made some moves and fell on his sword. Check out: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/ They got they eye on yall sweey crude. . . Know that.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Chxta(m): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2006
Nutter:

"Denial aint just a river in Egypt." - Mark Twain.

A government (or peoples) must not waiver once it has chosen it's course. It must not look to the left or right but go forward. --Otto von Bismarck
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nutter(m): 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2006
"When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy [sic]." – Abraham Lincoln.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Chxta(m): 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2006
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -- Sir Winston Churchill
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nutter(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2006
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Sir Winston Churchill
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Chxta(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2006
cheesy

That would be referring to you I think. . . ?

"When you get a thing the way you want it, leave it alone." -- Sir Winston Churchill

In my book it means that if we got Naija the way we'd have wanted it, we should have run. . .
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nutter(m): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2006
Chxta:

cheesy

That would be referring to you I think. . . ?

"When you get a thing the way you want it, leave it alone." -- Sir Winston Churchill

In my book it means that if we got Naija the way we'd have wanted it, we should have run. . .

grin

Chxta you are so predictable. I knew you'd say that! It doesn't refer to me because I, like many Igbo, believed in One Nigeria. We have since changed our minds.

Your book is out-of-date so the conclusions you draw from it are thus, inevitably, wrong.

"Men [like Chxta] occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Sir Winston Churchill.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Chxta(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2006
In the course of my life, I have never seen the truth in breaking up Naija. Naija has had its trying moments, but I belive that when there is life there is hope. The problem with you my dear friend is that you lacked courage to continue believing. I really enjoy sparring with you, but I'll soon have to leave. U just called, she'll soon be thru with work. Once that happens, off I go.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
--- Sir Winston Churchill
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by DRANOEL(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2006
those US experts should concentrate on osama
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Chxta(m): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2006
Why would they want to catch Osama and end the dollar spinning 'War on Terror'?
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nutter(m): 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2006
Chxta:

In the course of my life, I have never seen the truth in breaking up Naija. Naija has had its trying moments, but I believe that when there is life there is hope.

But isn't that the whole point though? Igbo lives are being taken all the time and there is no defence from any quarter. Wherefrom then shall we find hope?

Chxta:

The problem with you my dear friend is that you lacked courage to continue believing.

No. The 'problem' with me, my dear friend, is that my courage (unlike yours) is neither blind nor injudicious.

Chxta:

I really enjoy sparring with you, but I'll soon have to leave. U just called, she'll soon be through with work. Once that happens, off I go.

Same here, mate. You have a good weekend and stay out of trouble!

I take it that 'U' is your GF. How you managed to get a girl to actually like you is the biggest mystery of all.

Chxta:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."--- Sir Winston Churchill

Do allow a few minor modifications:

"[Nigeria's] Success is not final, [Biafra's] failure is not fatal: it is the [Igbo] courage to continue that counts."--- Sir Winston Churchill
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Chxta(m): 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2006
Nutter:

But isn't that the whole point though? Igbo lives are being taken all the time and there is no defence from any quarter. Wherefrom then shall we find hope?

No. The 'problem' with me, my dear friend, is that my courage (unlike yours) is neither blind nor injudicious.

Same here, mate. You have a good weekend and stay out of trouble!

I take it that 'U' is your GF. How you managed to get a girl to actually like you is the biggest mystery of all.

Do allow a few minor modifications:

"[Nigeria's] Success is not final, [Biafra's] failure is not fatal: it is the [Igbo] courage to continue that counts."--- Sir Winston Churchill

Exactly my point. We always agree to disagree.

Nigeria's success is not yet final. Nigeria's aparent failure is not yet fatal. It is the Nigerian courage to continue that counts. . .
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2007
MOST OF YOU WHO REPLIED THIS TOPIC ARE LIVING IN THE LUXERIES AND PEACEFULLNESS OF THE WESTERN WORLD, SO I EXPECTED YOU GUYS TO GO AGAINST THE US REPORT.

SOMEBODY WHO HAS STAYED IN NIGERIA FOR A LONG TIME WOULD NOT ARGUE BLINDLY AGAINST THE US REPORT; ie HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE KILLING OF THE IGBOS ANYTIME THERES A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING? THE CARTOONS ON PROPHET MOHAMMED IS A TYPICAL EXAMPLE.
CARTOONS THAT WERE DRAWN IN FARAWAY HOLLAND BY A WHITE MAN; WHICH LATER CAUSED VIOLENT PROTESTS IN SOME MUSLIM COUNTRIES WITH NOT MORE THAN 7 DEATHS REPORTED. IN NIGERIA, IT TURNED TO A RIOT WHICH CLAIMED HUNDREDS OF LIVES MOSTLY IGBOS, AND NO ACTION WAS TAKEN TO FISH OUT THE CULPRITS. UPTILL NOW 98% OF IGBOS WORLDWIDE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CARTOON LOOKED LIKE OR THE STORY BEHIND THE CARTOON.
HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN WHY MOST SOUTHERNERS ESPECALLY IGBOS FEAR TO TRAVEL OR LIVE IN THE NORTH RECENTLY? IN THE SAME ONE NIGERIA.

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE ABJECT POVERTY IN NIGER-DELTA INSPITE OF THE RESOURSES COMING OUT FROM THERE?( ASARI DOKUBO MAY BE FIGHTING FOR A JUST CAUSE)

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE ZONING OF THE PRESIDECY( NORTH AND SOUTH)? WHILE WE HAVE 6 ZONES.

WITH THESE AND SO MANY OTHER THINGS I CANT MENTION HERE; HOW DO YOU THINK SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT WANT TO GO THEIR OWN WAY?

CONCLUSIVELLY, AS AN IGBO MAN, I REALLY DO NOT WANT US BREAK OFF FROM NAIJA, BUT WITH THE WAY THING ARE GOING ON; WE MAY HAVE NO CHOICE THAN TO GO, ACCORDING TO THE US REPORT.

1 Like

Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by amaikama(m): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2007
The civil war, we are to learn a grate lesson from it both by what lead to the civil war and what transpired within the civil war as it wag on and if we are yet to learn from our past mistakes, then i tell you my fellow nairalanders that we are yet to witness a real Nigerian civil war. what we, or our fathers witness is just a tip of the ice burg compared to what will be coming years to come as projected by the USA Intel report.

I tell you, the future of this grate country Nigeria is in a brick of collapse and the only way to savage it is by eliminating the old hands to avoid a much bigger catastrophic war that will see this grate country Nigeria people like refugee abroad in another man's land begging for food and shelter for her young ones and the elderly. etc. I know it not an easy task but when we see our selfs as the true people of this grate country Nigeria and we want something good to come out of it and we as a people value each other as our self without any bias of who you are or where an individual is coming from, then we have an obligation for each others happiness and success in life.

You will all agree with me, it is better to bury few people in Nigeria without vultures feasting on their carcass than thousand vultures feasting on the dead fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, uncles, nephews, nieces etc and and leaving the younger ones who survive the ordeal to undergo another grate ordeal in the future of their life's and in the end we blame our self,"we should have taking a drastic measures to curtail this ugly catastrophic situation befallen us as a grate nation."

I tell you, the USA CIA Intel is one hundred percent accurate of our grate country Nigeria. we should not shy away from the truth. I only hope we would not be too late in taking decision that should have be taking much earlier than now.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2007
their is already secret Ethnic cleansing of Ijaw tribe, Ogoni and other tribes in Niger Delta going on now, carried out by FULANI/HAUSA and Western Nigeria military.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by amaikama(m): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2007
willywilly!! wat sort of cleansing are u talking about? angry angry
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2007
killing
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Osama10(m): 1:25am On Aug 22, 2010
DRANOEL:

those US experts should concentrate on osama

What?
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by MShittu: 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2010
There is no chance of a military coup in modern Nigeria. Back then, when there were military coups every day and night, the officers that led the coups were usually quite cunning. Now we have nobody influential enough to lead a military coup in our military. Nigeria as a state is making progress, but its people need to begin to understand that military rule is over and done with, and that violence only leads to more violence.

What the gov't should do is make education all the way to the end of the secondary level mandatory and increase the availability and quality of Nigeria's tertiary institutions. If it means importing teachers from abroad, DO IT. The immense benefits'll outweigh the immediate problem of our spending externally. And once the youth is educated, you can bet than Nigeria'll be well on the path to 'the promised land'.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by makajibbz(m): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2010
MShittu:

If it means importing teachers from abroad, DO IT.
shocked wtf
there ar millions of teachers looking for jobs, and you advice that.

at poster,
if a military coup can dissolve our current useless government and democratilly or non-democratically create a useful one, then that's the only solution we've now.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by MShittu: 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2010
How can there be teachers lookin for jobs when there are a shortage of teachers in schools?
If they are looking for jobs then maybe they arent all that good,
What I'm saying is that the youth in Nigeria deserves the best education available, as it is, basically, the only way to the country's success.
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by makajibbz(m): 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2010
do you how many educated youths ar forced to crime becos of no jobs, when factories are open and employment is'nt so hard to get, then d countries economy will move 4ward
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Adonike(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2010
Nigeria is one indivisible entit
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Adonike(m): 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2010
Nigeria is one indivisible entity
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by chyz(m): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2010
Adonike:

Nigeria is one indivisible entity

Explain how
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by Akanniade(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2010
A natural disaster could precipitate an ungovernable nigeria. Lets face it, it going to happen one way or the other. God has given us sufficient time to make things right but we failed. Repected religious leaders that carry weight in the country failed to speak up for justice and morality in governance. They choose the easy alternative to keep praying. The more we pray the more they loot.
The signs are there all over. Do we suddenly expect the house and senate to develop a morality they never had. The governors to stop looting to enhance their 2nd term and future godfatheship. The pitifull road constructions to stop developing potholes. Government parastals workers to suddenly stop collecting kickbacks for them to 'help you'. Police to stop collecting bribes.
Collapse is going to happen somehow.

1 Like

Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by jamace(m): 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
Nigeria is one indivisible entit

On paper, eh?
Re: 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts by EzeUche22(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2010
This country is bound to fail. What Europeans create will end like dust.

No biggie.

We Igbos were here before Nigeria and we will be here after Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FADAMA Promotes Agriculture In Malkohi IDP Camp Yola (photos) / Fashola And Lai Mohammed At Presidential Quarterly Business Forum / David Lyon: Join Me To Rescue Bayelsa From Hunger, Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.