Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. (10531 Views)

My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today / Nigerian Soldier Surprises Mum After A Year Abroad Serving US Military / Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Baby Of A Year Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by nikkylara: 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
Please i need suggestion of a good body cream and soap that will give a shining skin.
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by mymadam(m): 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
Body Cream: Original PEARS BABY LOTION (with olive oil) / Soap: Not sure
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by Nyceguy92: 12:00am On Mar 15, 2016
[quote author=mymadam post=43777392]

There are numerous baby products in the market.
I presume you are not treating a specific skin problem....
There are Cussons and Lander brands.

What about good old Vaseline or baby oil?
You need a mild product on the baby's skin for now.
Hope this helps...
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by mymadam(m): 12:16am On Mar 15, 2016
@Nyceguy92, sorry I am NOT the @Op. I only gave my suggestion... from experience. Cheers!
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by Miami11: 12:17am On Mar 15, 2016
I only use Johnson baby products or cussions for my babies.
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by jeejee(f): 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
I've been using aveeno products for my baby, a bit expensive though but very good..
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by Onegai(f): 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
Dove Pure and Sensitive bar soap is pediatrician-recommended, paraben free and affordable for babies.
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by austine4real(m): 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Adi agbon or engine oil

feeling silly
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by OEmiohe: 11:28am On Mar 18, 2016
you should use Virgin Coconut oil. it keeps baby skin smooth and retains their melanin underneath their skin.
OME Organic Virgin Coconut oil is pure virgin coconut oil . our quality is our selling point

Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by GodnGold: 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sebamed is cool but expensive. Try Johnson,the liquid soap in golden yellow bottle. ..its amazing.
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by thorpido(m): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
Good old petroleum jelly for the skin and natural coconut oil for the hair.Ordinary lux soap,joy or dove soap is good enough.
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by Onegai(f): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
GodnGold:
Sebamed is cool but expensive.
Try Johnson,the liquid soap in golden yellow bottle. ..its amazing.

Actually Johnson's products are quite harsh and irritate some babies skins (we got rashes for 3 weeks and a lot of people I know had the same reaction). Dove soap is great, especially the Dove Pure and Sensitive bar. And lots cheaper. My paed had us switch.

@Thorpido, my daughter gets a rash when we use petroleum-based stuff on her (pure Vaseline or cussons diaper cream). So I use beeswax based stuff (i mix or I buy) and it seems to work and is more natural.

1 Like

Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by thorpido(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Onegai:

Actually Johnson's products are quite harsh and irritate some babies skins (we got rashes for 3 weeks and a lot of people I know had the same reaction). Dove soap is great, especially the Dove Pure and Sensitive bar. And lots cheaper. My paed had us switch.

@Thorpido, my daughter gets a rash when we use petroleum-based stuff on her (pure Vaseline or cussons diaper cream). So I use beeswax based stuff (i mix or I buy) and it seems to work and is more natural.
My paed too has written off Johnson's products.It sounds like demarketing them but like you rightly said their products are harsh.Some babies actually use them without any reaction though(african resilience i guess).

I guess the same thing can't work for everyone.Vaseline blue seal is what i use but it still might not be okay for every baby like your daughter who reacts to it.Natural stuff are usually the best.

1 Like

Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by GodnGold: 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
Onegai:

Ok.
Cheers mate!
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by Onegai(f): 7:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
thorpido:
My paed too has written off Johnson's products.It sounds like demarketing them but like you rightly said their products are harsh.Some babies actually use them without any reaction though(african resilience i guess).

I guess the same thing can't work for everyone.Vaseline blue seal is what i use but it still might not be okay for every baby like your daughter who reacts to it.Natural stuff are usually the best.

In the U.S. there's a huge campaign against them on mommy blogs and forums. I guess it's cheap and the parent company is massive so no wahala to them from the govt. As soon as my paed saw the rash she asked "are you using Johnson's?"
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by thorpido(m): 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Onegai:

In the U.S. there's a huge campaign against them on mommy blogs and forums. I guess it's cheap and the parent company is massive so no wahala to them from the govt. As soon as my paed saw the rash she asked "are you using Johnson's?"
They are a big company and with all their marketing they still push out their products.
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by nikkylara: 11:01am On Mar 19, 2016
Onegai:

please i need more explanation on d beeswax
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by Onegai(f): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2016
nikkylara:

please i need more explanation on d beeswax

Beeswax is a byproduct of honey production. It is 100% natural and is a hard substance which repels water. It is used in the production of lotions and creams (a lot of lipbalms use it as their base). You can get it from farmers who do honey production (i get mine from a farmer in Ogun state).

2 Likes

Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by bobbyANSELEM: 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
10 MOST RECOMMENDED BEST NATURAL BABY LOTIONS (DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED)

Confused on choosing the best natural baby lotion for your little baby? Then this article is for you, we are here to put an end to your confusion. We have written an article on 10 best natural baby lotion, which are dermatologically tested and recommended to keep your baby's delicate and sensitive skin well moisturized and hydrated.

The baby's skin is delicate and sensitive, this is why you need to be extremely careful when choosing a lotion for your little toddler. We have written an article on most recommended baby lotions by dermatologists, their features, ingredients list, and prices.

Read 10 best natural baby lotion, which are dermatologically tested and recommended
Re: Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. by Homeyfav: 9:40am On Apr 04, 2023
There are so many baby soaps in the Nigerian market today all claiming to be the best for babies.

(1) (Reply)

Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Happy Father's Day To All Men / Homosexual Priest To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.