Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,232 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% (24617 Views)

Airtel Tariff Plans: A Guide To Choosing The Best Plan That Suits You / MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / Glo Launches Glo Jollific8: Another Tariff Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by chumakk: 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
honsule:

since 13th of what month?. For me i havent recharge since November 2015. my network is disconnected. It no longer show network.
am enjoying smile now sha. I don't have time for Spectranet. I unlocked my White spectranet Mifi -E5573s-606 all other networks works inside it except smile 4G LTE network. Band 800/20 mHz
this month
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by tirex(m): 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is highway robbery. No one asked for their bonuses. How can they increase their fees over 100%. Where is that done?...E be like say dem never learn from DSTV abi...Me i ready take legal action oh...What sort of rip off is that.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Wilfem(m): 8:23am On Mar 19, 2016
bizgenius1:

Pls how and how much did u unlock it? thanks

I unlocked mine myself too without paying a dime.
Send me an email and I'll give you the full breakdown on how to successfully get it unlocked
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 19, 2016
honsule:

since 13th of what month?. For me i havent recharge since November 2015. my network is disconnected. It no longer show network.
am enjoying smile now sha. I don't have time for Spectranet. I unlocked my White spectranet Mifi -E5573s-606 all other networks works inside it except smile 4G LTE network. Band 800/20 mHz

How do you get sim cards of other networks as most of them sell sim and device together
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
dasilva34:

Greenhulk definitely works for Spectranet. I don't see anywhere in the world where data plan prices increases while the data is costant and what is the relationship between fallen Naira and spectranet data plans if I may ask. Are they importing the internet abi? If at all things go bad, I would expect that spectranet reduces for instance 20GB/7,000 to 15GB/6000......in that format but not the same amount of data I pay 7k for now 10k that's using Nigerians and playing on their intelligence because they know we will only complain and no action....Well, Nigeria is changing, enjoy it till it last.

Actually I don't work for Spectranet. The thing is Spectranet main objective is to cater for the heavy users , so unless u are a heavy user, u might as well port to smile which cater for the light and night users. Both Spectranet and smile have good tariffs depending on how much data u want. Unlimited data on smile costs 19k plus for 1 month.

For example, I normally subscribe for 25gb on Spectranet which cost 8k per month. That is enough data for a home of not too many users per month. But now it has been increased to 12k for the same 25gb. However I have changed to the 20gb bundle for 10k. They gave me extra 10gb plus free unlimited night browsing. That is 30gb plus free unlimited night browsing per month for 10k. For a heavy user that is really a good offer which u can't get anywhere else. Just look at of like this, before I pay 8k and get 25gb, and now I pay 10k and get 30gb plus free unlimited night browsing.. Now tell me which one is cheaper? Its a win win for me bro.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually I don't work for Spectranet. The thing is Spectranet main objective is to cater for the heavy users , so unless u are a heavy user, u might as well port to smile which cater for the light and night users. Both Spectranet and smile have good tariffs depending on how much data u want. Unlimited data on smile costs 19k plus for 1 month.

For example, I normally subscribe for 25gb on Spectranet which cost 8k per month. That is enough data for a home of not too many users per month. But now it has been increased to 12k for the same 25gb. However I have changed to the 20gb bundle for 10k. They gave me extra 10gb plus free unlimited night browsing. That is 30gb plus free unlimited night browsing per month for 10k. For a heavy user that is really a good offer which u can't get anywhere else. Just look at of like this, before I pay 8k and get 25gb, and now I pay 10k and get 30gb plus free unlimited night browsing.. Now tell me which one is cheaper? Its a win win for me bro.

You have made your point, can you give others tthe chance to express themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by KevinKupr8(m): 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
honsule:

u said modem? when new one with 5gb is 12k, why should i get yours for 10k?Do u have unlimited data in it?

Bros,

I have 51 GB Left to be used.

The earlier the better.

Standing By......

Regards,
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by civilserva: 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
KevinKupr8:

Bros,

I have 51 GB Left to be used.

The earlier the better.

Standing By......

Regards,

Is it MiFi?
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
honsule:

Oga honsule. Longest time. Abeg, how did u unlock ur own modem please?
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
greenhulk:

Oga, u aren't making a lick of sense. You call yourself a heavy user and yet say u can manage 30gb in a month. I used to do the 40gb for 4k night plan and it was barely enough for me. And mind you, the said plan starts from 10pm to 8am on weekdays and 24/7 on weekends. I make do with the office internet and since I get home late (from 9pm-9:30pm), it was ok for me. On weekdays, I never stay up beyond 12:30am and yet, the data almost isn't enough. Now u want me pay 10k as against 4k to get 30gb which will turn to 20gb when the promo ends as against 40gb, and not only that, you expect me to start staying up by 1am on weekdays just because I want to browse for free? And after, you would claim you are not working with Spectranet. Abeg leave trash for LAWMA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
Wilfem:

I unlocked mine myself too without paying a dime.
Send me an email and I'll give you the full breakdown on how to successfully get it unlocked

Ok bro. What's ur email? mine is buxzy2017@gmail.com
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

Oga, u aren't making a lick of sense. You call yourself a heavy user and yet say u can manage 30gb in a month. I used to do the 40gb for 4k night plan and it was barely enough for me. And mind you, the said plan starts from 10pm to 8am on weekdays and 24/7 on weekends. I make do with the office internet and since I get home late (from 9pm-9:30pm), it was ok for me. On weekdays, I never stay up beyond 12:30am and yet, the data almost isn't enough. Now u want me pay 10k as against 4k to get 30gb which will turn to 20gb when the promo ends as against 40gb, and not only that, you expect me to start staying up by 1am on weekdays just because I want to browse for free? And after, you would claim you are not working with Spectranet. Abeg leave trash for LAWMA.

Actually I don't care about using the Internet at night. The only thing I use the Internet for at night is for gaming (yes I game online on my ps4) and by 2am I'm in bed and up again by 7am. Just because it doesn't work for me and u does not mean there aren't people that rely on night browsing. Just like I said in my earlier post, spectranet main target are the heavy day time users. 30gb is not enough for me for a month trust me, I'll finish it in 3 weeks and I still subscribe for 4gb on my mtn and another 4gb on my etisalat over the course of the month.

If u go for smile u will spend more on data than u will on spectranet unless u are a light or night user. But if u are a daytime user and needs lots of data spectranet is still the cheapest option. If u know of any other option why not say it here and stop talking based on assumptions. At least I've made my point, u come out with some facts. Unless u can afford to pay 19k plus for unlimited data on smile then I don't see any better option here. Trust me if I have a better option I will port tomorrow.

So I'm waiting for u to give me that better option so I can leave spectranet right this minute.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by destinysaid(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
greenhulk:

They increased their tarrif but it is not by 100%. Sai... Ur mathematics teacher should be arrested. Formerly 20gb was 7,000 while 25gb was 8,000. Now 20gb has been increased to 10,000 but there's a catch... U get free 10gb for night browsing which wasn't included in the old tarrif. At the end of the month u might end up using 30gb for 10,000.. So why are u calling NCC? Show me any other isp with cheaper rate. Why not call on Nigeria government to provide their own isp and make it cheap, then other isp's will be forced to reduce their price. The only problem is spectranet has very slow, at least in my area.
lol, but for real though, if ntel comes back online with the 4g stuff, then indeed we would HV a cheaper data solution.

PS if I want to order from oversea(UK,/USA) will the exchange rate be d CBN 200/1usd or d parallel market 320/1usd
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:21am On Mar 21, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually I don't care about using the Internet at night. The only thing I use the Internet for at night is for gaming (yes I game online on my ps4) and by 2am I'm in bed and up again by 7am. Just because it doesn't work for me and u does not mean there aren't people that rely on night browsing. Just like I said in my earlier post, spectranet main target are the heavy day time users. 30gb is not enough for me for a month trust me, I'll finish it in 3 weeks and I still subscribe for 4gb on my mtn and another 4gb on my etisalat over the course of the month.

If u go for smile u will spend more on data than u will on spectranet unless u are a light or night user. But if u are a daytime user and needs lots of data spectranet is still the cheapest option. If u know of any other option why not say it here and stop talking based on assumptions. At least I've made my point, u come out with some facts. Unless u can afford to pay 19k plus for unlimited data on smile then I don't see any better option here. Trust me if I have a better option I will port tomorrow.

So I'm waiting for u to give me that better option so I can leave spectranet right this minute.

Like someone has pointed out here before, Swift is a better option for those of us using the night plans on Spectranet. At least, paying 8k for 34gb is better than paying 8k for 20gb.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:22am On Mar 21, 2016
@honsule and @wilfem, never mind, I just figured it out and unlocked the modem. Will be using Airtel on it in the meantime.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by anibo2(m): 2:32am On Mar 21, 2016
Bro how did you do it? I want to unlock mine. Spectranet have blocked my sim and am not getting any network bar again

henryskywalker2003:
@honsule and @wilfem, never mind, I just figured it out and unlocked the modem. Will be using Airtel on it in the meantime.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
anibo2:
Bro how did you do it? I want to unlock mine. Spectranet have blocked my sim and am not getting any network bar again

For all that need to unlock their modems, here is the procedure to unlock it.

First of all, I am assuming that your modem is the new Huawei E5573s-606 mifi and not the USB modem. If you are using anything else, then try and google the procedure for ur own specific device.

The procedure I used was gotten from this page https://unlock4modem.in/unlock-customized-e5573s-606-spectranet-mifi-nigeria/. The procedure is pretty straightforward but unfortunately, the guy wants us to pay him for him to give us the code to unlock. So, I managed to get my hands on the software he was using to generate the code and uploaded it along with the two other softwares you would need here ---->https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-UhK1aaxPuhV3c3d0tpYjJmZkk. You can download the rest from the site that listed the procedures.

Now to unlock, follow the procedures up to No. 7 then stop. After that, use the software named Huawei Unlock Code Calculator and use it to generate ur own device unlock code. After u have done that, continue from No. 13 and when u are in ur router settings, click on Network Settings for it to bring up the page where u would need to put in ur unlock code. That's all.

Let me know if u have any issues.

As for those that want to port, I had a chat online with Swift customer care and was told they do sell just the data sim for 200bucks but it comes with no free data unlike when u buy a modem from them. Smile also sells just the data sim but I don't know how much though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by anibo2(m): 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks bro
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

First of all, I am assuming that your modem is the new Huawei E5573s-606 mifi and not the USB modem. If you are using anything else, then try and google the procedure for ur own specific device.

The procedure I used was gotten from this page https://unlock4modem.in/unlock-customized-e5573s-606-spectranet-mifi-nigeria/. The procedure is pretty straightforward but unfortunately, the guy wants us to pay him for him to give us the code to unlock. So, I managed to get my hands on the software he was using to generate the code and uploaded it along with the two other softwares you would need here ---->https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-UhK1aaxPuhV3c3d0tpYjJmZkk. You can download the rest from the site that listed the procedures.

Now to unlock, follow the procedures up to No. 7 then stop. After that, use the software named Huawei Unlock Code Calculator and use it to generate ur own device unlock code. After u have done that, continue from No. 13 and when u are in ur router settings, click on Network Settings for it to bring up the page where u would need to put in ur unlock code. That's all.

As for those that want to port, I had a chat online with Swift customer care and was told they do sell just the data sim for 200bucks but it comes with no free data unlike when u buy a modem from them. Smile also sells just the data sim but I don't know how much though.
This is good
You are too much
Am happy about the aspect of getting Swift Sim for 200 naira. Never new it's possible.
Swift 34GB for 8k is the way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by KevinKupr8(m): 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
civilserva:

Is it MiFi?

YES.

White in Color.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by anibo2(m): 1:55am On Mar 22, 2016
Bro i tried doing it after downloading all the necessary files. While running the first software it keeps saying error code10,find port failed.
Do you stay in lagos? Please help me out.

henryskywalker2003:

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:09am On Mar 22, 2016
anibo2:
Bro i tried doing it after downloading all the necessary files. While running the first software it keeps saying error code10,find port failed.
Do you stay in lagos? Please help me out.

Which software did u try running at first? Run the Universal Master Code Calculator Final 2013 first and use it to get your unlock code. You will need that when you want to upgrade the firmware.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by dozies1: 12:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
dozies1:
You can follow this video to unlock your spectranet mifi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxS4aj94Dd8&fulldescription=1&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

Nice one. It uses the same steps but a different tool to generate the code. Nice.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by scribble: 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Literally the most useless network in Africa
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
greenhulk:

They increased their tarrif but it is not by 100%. Sai... Ur mathematics teacher should be arrested. Formerly 20gb was 7,000 while 25gb was 8,000. Now 20gb has been increased to 10,000 but there's a catch... U get free 10gb for night browsing which wasn't included in the old tarrif. At the end of the month u might end up using 30gb for 10,000.. So why are u calling NCC? Show me any other isp with cheaper rate. Why not call on Nigeria government to provide their own isp and make it cheap, then other isp's will be forced to reduce their price. The only problem is spectranet has very slow, at least in my area.

Their service is grossly poor though

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Olaryeankarh(m): 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

Thanks a bunch!
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by shegerun: 2:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

So, because they are given free midnight browsing, you expect users to stay away from 1am to 6am just because we want to browse? Some of us that use the night plans use it cos we have internet at the office and come back home from between 6pm to 9pm which is when the night plan usually starts and enables us to do one or two things before bed. I don't see any right minded person that will want to stay awake at such hours just to browse. Case in point, with the low tariffs we have today in call rates, how many people still do MTN midnight calls today?
Don't forget yahoo boys stays up at night to perpetuate their scams. So, they can afford to stay up all night!

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by saltoftheearth: 2:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
spectranet is a fraud..the 10 gig free night browsing you are proudly hyping is only for 3 months and will no longer be part of the package from june. The 10gig free was included to trick subscribers.....merchant of venice net.
greenhulk:

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by meforyou1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Kai.. u are not porting to smile anything. U are calling NCC that Spectranet is too expensive but u know the price of smile is almost twice that of Spectranet. For example, on Spectranet new tarrif, 20gb is 10k (plus free night browsing) while the same 20gb is 17k on Smile. The only difference is Smile is faster than Spectranet. Also Spectranet is valid for 1 month while Smile 20gb is valid for 12 months. But the reality is who will actually use 20gb for 12 months? 20gb is not even enough for me for 2 weeks.
true talk. Smile 20g doesn't last me for a month.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by prinsam30: 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
stealing from time immemorial empty-hen in the making

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Enable Double Tap Wake Up For All Android Guide / Download Mymtn App And Receive Free 500MB Data / My Honest Infinix Hot 5 Review And What I Don't Like About The Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.