Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% (24385 Views)

Airtel Tariff Plans: A Guide To Choosing The Best Plan That Suits You / MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / Glo Launches Glo Jollific8: Another Tariff Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:58am On Mar 15, 2016
Starting today, 15th March 2015, Spectranet has phased away its old plans and tariffs and introduced new ones that are outrageously expensive. Plans are now cost double the amount it used to cost in the old tariff/plans. Below is a screenshot of the new tariff and plans. NCC where art thou?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by eherbal(m): 1:38am On Mar 15, 2016
No Need To Fear. Ntel Is Here. Just Connect,Ntel Everyone. Get It? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 15, 2016
henryskywalker2003:
Starting today, 15th March 2015, Spectranet has phased away its old plans and tariffs and introduced new ones that are outrageously expensive. Plans are now cost double the amount it used to cost in the old tariff/plans. Below is a screenshot of the new tariff and plans. NCC where art thou?

They increased their tarrif but it is not by 100%. Sai... Ur mathematics teacher should be arrested. Formerly 20gb was 7,000 while 25gb was 8,000. Now 20gb has been increased to 10,000 but there's a catch... U get free 10gb for night browsing which wasn't included in the old tarrif. At the end of the month u might end up using 30gb for 10,000.. So why are u calling NCC? Show me any other isp with cheaper rate. Why not call on Nigeria government to provide their own isp and make it cheap, then other isp's will be forced to reduce their price. The only problem is spectranet has very slow, at least in my area.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by abatically(m): 2:35am On Mar 15, 2016
Nna op, must u call on NCC over everything. Is it by force to use spectranet? There are other isp's so if u are not satisfied change ur network. Moreover even with the increase in tarrif it is still cheaper than competition. Swift also charge 10k for 20gb, but spectranet still gives 10gb free for night surfing so I don't see what u are complaining about. Oya if u still no satisfy go on strike as that is what is trending in the country now. U think say this na petrol? Na so dem shout when dstv increase tarrif as if dstv is the only pay TV in the country. Why government no provide these amenities for her citizens in the first place. Oh I forgot, even the basic amenities like petrol and electric dem never fit provide na Internet dem go come give u.

10 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by tempest01(m): 4:41am On Mar 15, 2016
eherbal:

This ntel fit end up to disappoint una oh...na naija be this.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Abee79(m): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2016
I am porting to SMILE smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
greenhulk:

They increased their tarrif but it is not by 100%. Sai... Ur mathematics teacher should be arrested. Formerly 20gb was 7,000 while 25gb was 8,000. Now 20gb has been increased to 10,000 but there's a catch... U get free 10gb for night browsing which wasn't included in the old tarrif. At the end of the month u might end up using 30gb for 10,000.. So why are u calling NCC? Show me any other isp with cheaper rate. Why not call on Nigeria government to provide their own isp and make it cheap, then other isp's will be forced to reduce their price. The only problem is spectranet has very slow, at least in my area.

Funny how u picked on just one single plan. So u didn't see the night plan of 20gb that used to be 4000 is now 7500 and the one of 40gb for 4k is now, now that of 55gb that was 7k but now 14k. Anyway, me don port to smile

7 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

Funny how u picked on just one single plan. So u didn't see the night plan of 20gb that used to be 4000 is now 7500 and the one of 40gb for 4k is now, now that of 55gb that was 7k but now 14k. Anyway, me don port to smile

Kai.. u are not porting to smile anything. U are calling NCC that Spectranet is too expensive but u know the price of smile is almost twice that of Spectranet. For example, on Spectranet new tarrif, 20gb is 10k (plus free night browsing) while the same 20gb is 17k on Smile. The only difference is Smile is faster than Spectranet. Also Spectranet is valid for 1 month while Smile 20gb is valid for 12 months. But the reality is who will actually use 20gb for 12 months? 20gb is not even enough for me for 2 weeks.

5 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by BedLam: 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2016
abatically:
Nna op, must u call on NCC over everything. Is it by force to use spectranet? There are other isp's so if u are not satisfied change ur network. Moreover even with the increase in tarrif it is still cheaper than competition. Swift also charge 10k for 20gb, but spectranet still gives 10gb free for night surfing so I don't see what u are complaining about. Oya if u still no satisfy go on strike as that is what is trending in the country now. U think say this na petrol? Na so dem shout when dstv increase tarrif as if dstv is the only pay TV in the country. Why government no provide these amenities for her citizens in the first place. Oh I forgot, even the basic amenities like petrol and electric dem never fit provide na Internet dem go come give u.
from their website , it's actually unlimited from 1am to about 6am. The 10gig extra runs from now until May or so. The catch is actually the unlimited while the 10 gig is a promo. Overall it's a good one if you ask me.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by abatically(m): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
BedLam:
from their website , it's actually unlimited from 1am to about 6am. The 10gig extra runs from now until May or so. The catch is actually the unlimited while the 10 gig is a promo. Overall it's a good one if you ask me.

Even better. I see no reason why people are complaining. They only reviewed their plans and not actually increased it. While it might not really favor the knight plans, it is excellent for the heavy users. I called them today and they said the 20gb plan is now 10k with 10gb bonus making 30gb. On top of that there is free browsing for those downloads between 1am-7am. I mean what else do people want. I wanna see any other isp in Nigeria that is even one to being as cheap as this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
eherbal:
And you think theirs will be cheap? Don't you know the devaluation of naira against the dollar is affecting their profit margin? Would any meaningful company run at a loss?
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
abatically:

Even better. I see no reason why people are complaining. They only reviewed their plans and not actually increased it. While it might not really favor the knight plans, it is excellent for the heavy users. I called them today and they said the 20gb plan is now 10k with 10gb bonus making 30gb. On top of that there is free browsing for those downloads between 1am-7am. I mean what else do people want. I wanna see any other isp in Nigeria that is even one to being as cheap as this.

Dude, I don't get why u feel u have to tell blatant lies here. Or maybe u work for them. What the hell do you mean by "they only reviewed the plans and not actually increased it"? Seems like you actually missed basic elementary maths class. Kindly explain to me how it wasn't increased when 20gb for 24x7 that used to go f or 7k now goes for 10, 25gb, 40gb, 50gb, 70gb, and 120gb used to go for 8k, 12k, 14.5k, 19.5k and 45k respectively now goes for 12k, 18k, 20k, 28k, and 48k respectively. Truly, not all of them were increased by 100% but the night plans are. Night plans of 20gb and 40gb that used to go for 4k, now goes for 7.5k and 8k respectively. 50gb night used to be 5k but now 10k. Even the extra 10gb been given now is a mere promo that will end in June. It's just there to deceive the customers into thinking that they are getting value for their money, cos once the promo ends in June, the price remains the same but the extra 10gb will be gone. So, effectively, you are now paying for less. And yet, you made your silly comment of they not increasing the cost. This is why Nigeria can not move forward when people like you will see black and call it white.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
BedLam:

So, because they are given free midnight browsing, you expect users to stay away from 1am to 6am just because we want to browse? Some of us that use the night plans use it cos we have internet at the office and come back home from between 6pm to 9pm which is when the night plan usually starts and enables us to do one or two things before bed. I don't see any right minded person that will want to stay awake at such hours just to browse. Case in point, with the low tariffs we have today in call rates, how many people still do MTN midnight calls today?

10 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
asuustrike2009:

And you think theirs will be cheap? Don't you know the devaluation of naira against the dollar is affecting their profit margin? Would any meaningful company run at a loss?

At least, given the fact they are attempting to break into the market, the least they can do is to offer services at competitive prices compared to what we already have today.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

At least, given the fact they are attempting to break into the market, the least they can do is to offer services at competitive prices compared to what we already have today.
The price variation would vary much. One of the strategy would be penetrating the market with low price for a while before increasing it. Different factors are considered before making or taking such decision. Case study was Visafone
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 16, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

So, because they are given free midnight browsing, you expect users to stay away from 1am to 6am just because we want to browse? Some of us that use the night plans use it cos we have internet at the office and come back home from between 6pm to 9pm which is when the night plan usually starts and enables us to do one or two things before bed. I don't see any right minded person that will want to stay awake at such hours just to browse. Case in point, with the low tariffs we have today in call rates, how many people still do MTN midnight calls today?

U are forgetting a few things.

1. Spectranet is a private own company and not a charity organisation.

2. Spectranet is not the only isp in Nigeria so the issue of monopoly is out of the equation. There is always a choice.

3. Naira has fallen so bad that it has become almost worthless. U said they charged 5,000 for 50gb night plan in the past right ? Dude that is a measly $15 for 50gb data. Show me anywhere in the world where that is done. I know u will say it is night plan but it was just there to attract customers. Even the current rate of 10k for 50gb is still not too bad... Unless u show me any other company with a cheaper rate.

I'll give u an example. Last year when tecno Phantom 5 was released, it was sold for 70k. Today (6 months after its release) that same phone is sold for above 100k. Technically the price out to have dropped but it keeps going up. I guess u know why. So why not call NCC to caution tecno. Also last year Samsung g
Flagship phone galaxy s6 was sold for between 120-130K. Today, a year later that same phone is still sold for around 150k (when technically price should have dropped by about 40%) while their new flagship is sold for above 200k. U know why don't u? So call NCC on Samsung. Even pure water, rice, etc price don increase.

So it is expected for spectranet to increase their tarrif, in all honesty they are trying to make their price as cheap as possible. But when u consider the current value of naira then it is innebivatble. We pay them in Naira while they buy their equipments in dollars. They pay their foreign engineers in dollars. And u expect them to charge u $15 for 50gb data. If they were paying 10k to buy a $50 device last year, then this year they paying almost 20k to buy the same $50 device. How do u expect them to balance the books?

4. Spectranet tarrif still remain the cheapest in the country, at least for the heavy users. Unless u can show me any other company with a cheaper rate then ur rant is worthless.

5 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 16, 2016
Night plan users should get swift 4g lte..

6k for 20gb from 6pm to 8am unlike Spectranet that does 7k5 for 20gb from 7pm to 7am.

8k for 34gb on swift from 5pm to 9am unlike Spectranet that does 12k for 40gb from 7pm to 7am.

Swift also has 7k for 14gb 24/7 for those that don't need 10k for 20gb because they probably don't do much on the net but need 24/7 data. Swift is cheapest now in the market guys. Go for swift.

I would too but I'm stuck with spectranet because I'm on the old customer unlimited night plan of 1TB limit per month even tho I have to now pay 7k5 for 6pm to 8am.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 16, 2016
greenhulk:

Spectranet Staff,you have done your job but u still don't make any sense. Price increase yes but why so much? You bloody m0ron, since when dowe justify 100% price increase of a product?

Spectranet does not have the number of subscribers they need to maintain that low price, so the existing subscribers have to pay through their nose in order for spectranet not to go out of business. Dont come here calling White as black.

2. Spectranet is not the only isp in Nigeria so the issue of monopoly is out of the equation. There is always a choice.

3. Naira has fallen so bad that it has become almost worthless. U said they charged 5,000 for 50gb night plan in the past right ? Dude that is a measly $15 for 50gb data. Show me anywhere in the world where that is done. I know u will say it is night plan but it was just there to attract customers. Even the current rate of 10k for 50gb is still not too bad... Unless u show me any other company with a cheaper rate.

I'll give u an example. Last year when tecno Phantom 5 was released, it was sold for 70k. Today (6 months after its release) that same phone is sold for above 100k. Technically the price out to have dropped but it keeps going up. I guess u know why. So why not call NCC to caution tecno. Also last year Samsung g
Flagship phone galaxy s6 was sold for between 120-130K. Today, a year later that same phone is still sold for around 150k (when technically price should have dropped by about 40%) while their new flagship is sold for above 200k. U know why don't u? So call NCC on Samsung. Even pure water, rice, etc price don increase.

So it is expected for spectranet to increase their tarrif, in all honesty they are trying to make their price as cheap as possible. But when u consider the current value of naira then it is innebivatble. We pay them in Naira while they buy their equipments in dollars. They pay their foreign engineers in dollars. And u expect them to charge u $15 for 50gb data. If they were paying 10k to buy a $50 device last year, then this year they paying almost 20k to buy the same $50 device. How do u expect them to balance the books?

4. Spectranet tarrif still remain the cheapest in the country, at least for the heavy users. Unless u can show me any other company with a cheaper rate then ur rant is worthless.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 16, 2016
ibotjaycob:

See this mumu calling someone mor0n. I made my point without cursing anyone, is that too difficult for u to understand that u had to resort to calling names? Too many kids on the internet these days.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 16, 2016
greenhulk:

I must have missed your point, or are you talking about the point you pulled out of ur ass? that's the only way u could have come up with such nonsense. M0ron.

See this mumu calling someone mor0n. I made my point without cursing anyone, is that too difficult for u to understand that u had to resort to calling names? Too many kids on the internet these days.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2016
ibotjaycob:

Oya go hang urself na as spectranet don increase tarrif.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
greenhulk:

Oya go hang urself na as spectranet don increase tarrif.
First tell your Father, mum and entire Family to hang themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by dasilva34: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Greenhulk definitely works for Spectranet. I don't see anywhere in the world where data plan prices increases while the data is costant and what is the relationship between fallen Naira and spectranet data plans if I may ask. Are they importing the internet abi? If at all things go bad, I would expect that spectranet reduces for instance 20GB/7,000 to 15GB/6000......in that format but not the same amount of data I pay 7k for now 10k that's using Nigerians and playing on their intelligence because they know we will only complain and no action....Well, Nigeria is changing, enjoy it till it last.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by dasilva34: 9:39am On Mar 18, 2016
greenhulk:

Greenhulk definitely works for Spectranet. I don't see anywhere in the world where data plan prices increases while the data is costant and what is the relationship between fallen Naira and spectranet data plans if I may ask. Are they importing the internet abi? If at all things go bad, I would expect that spectranet reduces for instance 20GB/7,000 to 15GB/6000......in that format but not the same amount of data I pay 7k for now 10k that's using Nigerians and playing on their intelligence because they know we will only complain and no action....Well, Nigeria is changing, enjoy it till it last.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by civilserva: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2016
dasilva34:

You made sense.
I would have preferred where the data allowance is reduced for the same price instead of increasing the price.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by KevinKupr8(m): 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dear All,

I have Spectranet Modem for Sale at almost 40% discount. #10000

Contact me for ASAP.....

@NCC how far? Is MTN somewhat related to Spectranet?

Please Respond.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by chumakk: 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
I haven't recharged since on 13th my plan expired. Waiting for another network to bring out a better plan

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by honsule(m): 4:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
KevinKupr8:
Dear All,

I have Spectranet Modem for Sale at almost 40% discount. #10000

Contact me for ASAP.....

@NCC how far? Is MTN somewhat related to Spectranet?

Please Respond.

Regards,

u said modem? when new one with 5gb is 12k, why should i get yours for 10k?Do u have unlimited data in it?

3 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by honsule(m): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
chumakk:
I haven't recharged since on 13th my plan expired. Waiting for another network to bring out a better plan

since 13th of what month?. For me i havent recharge since November 2015. my network is disconnected. It no longer show network.
am enjoying smile now sha. I don't have time for Spectranet. I unlocked my White spectranet Mifi -E5573s-606 all other networks works inside it except smile 4G LTE network. Band 800/20 mHz
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by bizgenius1: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
honsule:

since 13th of what month?. For me i havent recharge since November 2015. my network is disconnected. It no longer show network.
am enjoying smile now sha. I don't have time for Spectranet. I unlocked my White spectranet Mifi -E5573s-606 all other networks works inside it except smile 4G LTE network. Band 800/20 mHz

Pls how and how much did u unlock it? thanks
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariff By 100% by therealesttin(m): 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is terrible....time to port!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / Whats Your Favourite ANDROID Games? / Five Reasons Why You Should Stop Using All Internet Cheats ASAP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.