Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Beware Of Human Wisdom In Your Career And Business - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Human Wisdom In Your Career And Business (500 Views)

From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness / Wisdom In The Hilltop. / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Human Wisdom In Your Career And Business by FreshGreen: 6:18am On Mar 15, 2016
BEWARE OF HUMAN WISDOM IN YOUR CAREER AND BUSINESS

Early this year as I was driving, I was listening to a program on the radio of a business coach, business instructor; he was giving ideas of making financial success, investment and all that. He later gave a point saying, “You can negotiate your debt but don’t negotiate your investment.” What he means is that we can postpone the payment of our debts, maybe house rent, children school fees etc. so that we use the money to invest immediately and promise to pay the debt later. He later said some other things that really captivated me. So I concluded I would use the ideology, to postpone my debts and invest more. But that was not the will of God for me, which was not the wisdom of God and the way of God.

I followed God’s will to first settle my debts - from our factory rent to other business matters to personal matter including an elderly man I was to balance debt of about N50,000, I called him and I heard he is dead, then I took the money to his wife. I also decided to settle some little promise of financial support to some people. I paused my New Year investment to settle some debts in line with God’s word but opposite human wisdom.

You know what? If you want to succeed in your career, business or marriage beyond human understanding, you need to follow God’s word, not human wisdom. While most of these business coaching, mentoring, business books and ideas are fascinating, they are grounded on human wisdom, which is opposite God’s word.

When the word of God says we should owe no man, the wisdom of the world says even if you have the money, you can use it to invest and postpone your debt.

When the word of God says when you believe, you shall see the glory of God, the wisdom of the world says that seeing is believing.

When the word of God says give and freely give, the wisdom of the world says you must be prudent in spending and give sparingly or nothing.

Which wisdom is controlling your life, human wisdom or God’s wisdom?

Here is the gospel truth: Any investment or personal project you embark on that gives you no room to settle necessary debts as much as you can or that makes you not to give or help some needed people, then you are worldlier than the people of the world, you are using your human power to succeed.

It is a grave pity to see some brethren or Christian family, because of their personal projects such as building project or buying car, etc. or because of investment, they will close their eyes towards assisting their family members or brethren financially, because they want to complete their projects or complete the money to buy car, latest phone or electronics. They claim to be financially prudent while they are spiritually stupid. And such people will still call some people worldly? Are they not more earthly minded, worldly and earthly focused? Worldliness is not only about the physical worldliness of dressing, music, movies, etc. but the most dangerous worldliness is that of the mind, when your mind is set on earthly stuff at the detriment of the fruit of the Spirit, and you still claim of being prudent.

We need to trust God before we can lean on Him and follow His way even though it contradicts the wisdom of the world. In our business, career and family, if we desire unlimited success and progress, we need to follow God’s word, way and will, if we do not want to expose ourselves to evil attack, we must follow God’s word, and if we don’t want to miss the rapture in the name of pursing earthly things, we must care to follow God’s leading on our we spend and be selfless.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh,
And strength[c] to your bones.

27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
When it is in the power of your hand to do so.
28 Do not say to your neighbor,
“Go, and come back,
And tomorrow I will give it,”
When you have it with you."

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus, rededicate your life to Jesus, please click the link
http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

You can also contact us for biblical guidance and godly counsel, if you have issues, restitution to make, confession or burden in your mind and you need Biblical counseling and prayer without any church attachment.

Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries
Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)705 937 3351.

If you would like to be receiving our Christian articles on your wall, please click on the link below and click "Like" on our pagehttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you would like to be receiving Christian articles and weekly Bible Studies in your email, please send request to rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics. http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topics.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Grateful To God For In This Life? / I Need An Answer Please: Why Is This Man And His Followers Are Called Terrorist? / Hajj 2016: Saudi Arabia Introduces Bracelets For Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.