Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

what a Bank did to me today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / what a Bank did to me today (1157 Views)

How A Pregnant Lady Extorted Money From Customers At A Bank / Which Bank Is Your Favorite And Which Bank Did You Open An Account With? / How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

what a Bank did to me today by akpur1(m): 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
I write this with pain in my heart. How can CBN and Nigerian Banks be this wicked.
I did an online transaction with Bet365 I paid 50 dollars at 15,673.00 naira on 13 march,2016 at an exchange rate 313.46 to 1 USD into my Bet365 account using my Ecobank master card, after the transaction I was angry my friend hasn't sent me the games he promised.
So I decided to withdraw the 50 dollars back
It took two days today I received a bank message that 8923.48 naira on 15 march, 2016 has been credited to my Ecobank account. Now Ecobank is giving me my money at a rate of 178.47 to 1 USD and This is a 50 USD transaction.
Why are our banks like this?
Am heart broken, please the government should do something about our exchange rate.

Moderators please help me
dominique, FOD, naijacutee, puskin

Re: what a Bank did to me today by akpur1(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is the other part

Re: what a Bank did to me today by emeijeh(m): 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
Doh
See ur screenshot
Re: what a Bank did to me today by Sankabson(m): 7:56am On Mar 16, 2016
This country is in Mess.
Re: what a Bank did to me today by henrimoto(m): 9:06am On Mar 16, 2016
Broad, sorry for what happened.

Next time, try to upgrade your mode of payment of Deposits with NETTELLER. Wise Naija Soccer Punters that have bet Accounts with Foreign Sport book makers dont make use of our local debit cards to make Deposits Again.

Naija Soccer Punters (Wise Ones) make use of NETTELLER to make deposit to foreign Bet Account.

Ecurrency exchangers exchange NETTELLER @ the rate of #270+ but when you want to buy from them, you buy at #330. Is it not better this way? than one to use the Debit cards for #310+ ,when you want to withdral through the banks, less than #200 would be given to up.

#Plsupgrade!
Re: what a Bank did to me today by dav8id(m): 9:29am On Mar 16, 2016
First bank also are good in doing such
Re: what a Bank did to me today by yomalex(m): 9:56am On Mar 16, 2016
akpur1:
I write this with pain in my heart. How can CBN and Nigerian Banks be this wicked.
I did an online transaction with Bet365 I paid 50 dollars at 15,673.00 naira on 13 march,2016 at an exchange rate 313.46 to 1 USD into my Bet365 account using my Ecobank master card, after the transaction I was angry my friend hasn't sent me the games he promised.
It took two days today I received a bank message that 8923.48 naira on 15 march, 2016 has been credited to my Ecobank account. Now Ecobank is giving me my money at a rate of 178.47 to 1 USD and This is a 50 USD transaction.
Am heart broken, please the government should do something about our exchange rate.

if you are not satisfied with services your bank gives you, you can always complain CBN Complaints Guidelines
Re: what a Bank did to me today by GarriBender: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
akpur1:

Thank you for this info oo. Now I have to be sure before I make any online transaction, no more cancellations. All my Ali express parole on hold, dollar is no longer smiling.
Re: what a Bank did to me today by babakk2(m): 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
[quote uthor=akpur1 post=43793303]I write this with pain in my heart. How can CBN and Nigerian Banks be this wicked.
dominique, FOD, naijacutee, puskin[/quote] Thanx for the info. But on the other way round let support ben bruce common sense tinz, "buy naija,think naija". So try and play your bets on our nigeria betting companies,they are also good ooooooo
Re: what a Bank did to me today by whizqueen(f): 7:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
Send a mail to ecobank, copy the transaction reference number and other details. You can cc CBN too. The bank is supposed to refund you at the rate you were initially charged. Stanbic will never do that!

All these banks sef sabi make life tire person undecided
Re: what a Bank did to me today by culdady(m): 12:58am On Mar 21, 2016
akpur1:

bros abeg

this your master card you carry fund, is the card attached to a Dum. account or just the normal ATM card the issue?

(1) (Reply)

I Made 36,400 In 2days / How Can I Join Commission Junction? / O-give Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.