Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today (35784 Views)

Airforce Men Invade UNIOSUN Ipetu Ijesha Campus, Injure Students / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / How To Survive In A Nigerian Campus In This Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Amiloaded: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
UNIOSUN Ipetu-Ijesha Campus, is certainly not having the best of times today. In the spirit of Aluta and solidarity, the angry students ensured a total lockdown of vehicular movement to and fro the campus premises. According to an eyewitness, neither the lecturers nor students were granted access into the school.

Trouble started yesterday when some of the defaulting students were sent out of the exam hall for non-payment of the tuition fee. Initially it was considered a mere threat by the students until the authorities made good their promise.

Over 70% of the students were affected by the school's decision and this resulted in a showdown which could best be described as "action packed" . Those affected were sent out of the halls because they are yet to pay their school fees, or unable to provide evidence of payment for this session

In the defence of the students, the union leaders argued the authority's decision was harsh, unruly and selfish since the students would still pay the said tuition by whatever means necessary. Most affected are the final year students as that meant an automatic extra year for them, what a way to go.

Considering the economic situation of the country, we need not go far as to why the school is in such mess. Presently, workers in osun state are being owed over 4 months salary with no hope in sight. This cash drought hasnt left the university's coffers healthy either. On either sides, money is lacking.

Having said that, it is still humanly possible for the school management to cope even with the non-payment of student tuition rather than opting to send the students out of the exam hall because most certainly, they would still have to pay

However, i humbly plead with the student representatives to give peace a chance. Breaking bottles, locking gates, barricading routes wont give a lasting solution.

See photos below from the scene...

Source @ http://www.amiloaded.com/2016/03/uniosun-ipetu-ijesa-campus-goes-up-in.html?m=0

2 Shares

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Amiloaded: 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2016

1 Share

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Adesiji77: 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
shocked
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Bbsharon(f): 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
Am only against the school action if they was no prior notice to this effect. The school could have taken other measures,like seizing their certificates especially the finalist or not posting them for their youth service till they pay. Not allowing them to write their exam is not fair.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by abumeinben(m): 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Where's the "flames"?

Wait!
Is that a classroom in the pishor?

2 Likes

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
hmmmm.

& these ones too will call themselves "educated elites"

SMH

this is what happens when U pack a gang of touts into an academic institution

1 Like

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nigeria educational system is a mess.
Though in Unizik here things like this don't happen.
I sincerely weep for this country called Nigeria.
Which way naija cus we keep on reading bad news on daily basis..
let me go and read my books .see u guys later.

1 Like

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by 1trillionlikes: 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
Is that guy's name flames?
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Sunbassen(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
It is well
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Didnt see any flames
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Bluezy13(m): 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Protesting will give them a chance... Mbok, let them protest. This is a Uni, not a secondary school for crying out loud.

1 Like

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by codemaniacs: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
wow.

a school should not be built there that view is amazing.
those hills are beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by gbaskiboy: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Instead to call fire service, they are taking pictures grin
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by BUSHHUNTER: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Where is the flames?

Op ppl don turn flames abi?....msteww

Osogbo weed is working.
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Critiqual(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
Space for Rent
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Bluezy13(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
1trillionlikes:
Is that guy's name flames?

That's figurative, dear.
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by olarhtunji(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
I did not see fire...neither did I see d fire department
now tell me is d flame spiritual?
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by montezz(f): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
So bad. Nothing is working in osun state as we speak and the government doesnt seem to care about it. How on earth can someone who cant feed his family in this harsh time afford to pay tuition fees? And one lunatic open mouth talk yesterday say hardship no dey for naija. Osun state workers are suffering!

3 Likes

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Nattylad(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by SamJed(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
When i saw 'up in flames' i thought the school was burning
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by siegfried99(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hmmmn
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by skelewu404(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
i thought flames means something like fire or inferno na wa o see exaggeration
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by emzila(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
this one too will graduate and say there is no job in Nigeria. what is the relationship between your account of what happened and flames?
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by mencade5(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ma go shiit first. Op u go show me d fire when i return.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by Bluezy13(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:
Where is the flames?

Op ppl don turn flames abi?....msteww

Osogbo weed is working.
Learn from my last post
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by tobex23(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
Lol, dem dey form aluta, make dem come learn from unilag.
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by bikerboy1(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by yomalex(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
sensationalism where is the flames tori oloun?
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by wisesoul(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbeshola. State Of Osun in Action.
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by sonymax16(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
I just wonder y pple waste money and years in a state university undecided
Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by olaezebala: 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
After paying their parents half salary from July to December without any hope of paying the balance and about starting quarter payment from January, the goat looking bastar*****d of a governor (Odeni Rauf Arigbesesola) sent kids away from exam. Were somebody.

Osun to ti to tele, Omoale ibe ti dagba.

6 Likes

Re: Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today by laviecontinue: 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
angryOga o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abati Emmanuel Tosanwumi Graduates With 2 Degrees From Canada University / University Of Jos Dismissed 5 Students Also Publicized Their Photos / FGGC Students Oyo Mourn The Death Of Their 4 Colleagues Crushed By A Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.