Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

How Would You Describe Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Would You Describe Jesus? (11553 Views)

Does The Bible Describe Jesus Being Worshipped? / Let Me Describe Jesus Christ, In Case You See Him Someday. / Describe Jesus In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 20, 2006
IBEXY:

Do u know what other people's scripture said about Jesus.
surely there were other writer apart from the scriptural writers.
I believe in a broad knowledge base about a topic.

which ones precisely,please quote and we'll take it from there.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Babyosisi: I just want to know if the book of revelationwas after Jesus of the Bible had completed his missionon the earth, or if it was before? Who was the revelation given to, I mean the author among the contributor of the Bible. For example Genesis was given to Moses, Psalm was given to David, etc. We also see that Mark, Luke, etc are the suppose storyteller of what was given to Jesus. They did not let him tell his own story. Not in its totality, so one is tempted to ask what portion is clearly from Jesus and what are clearly not and which part is open to maybe or maybe not. I ask the question,if Jesus had completed his mission, then truly there is no need to have any further continuance from later people, eg Saul/Paul!

Is this like the Mission accomplished banner that was glaring behind Prsident, yet after many years, unfortunately, we have people being killed, still. Is this issue of of Jesus in the light of this injection of Saul/Paul on the stage a presumptious understanding. Or is it that Saul/Paul is the culprit here. I have my opinion. Jesus completed his mission; Making sure that he preached the religion of Moses and allthe other Prophets before him and never negated the core message of the book of Moses on one hand and heralding the coming of a future prophet, who (whom) he called the Comforter after him. A spirit showing and leading to all things, praising Jesus and say all that he hears. Please watch out for a future threat about the Comforter.

How are you anyway? Have a great week ahead. So you need to go to Church to get recharged? The connection should be 24/7.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2006
This is the wrong thread for that.
We are desicribing our Lord and Saviour here.
He is our refuge,our strong tower
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Babyosisi: Then, in other threads, let us not go off from the Core subject/Topic. But then, you can still approach my entry her, or make a new thread for it and lets talk about it. Take good care of yourself and have a great time in the coming holidays. I do not eat Turkey as an animal because of my family's involvement in animal husbandry in Nigeria. So I may just eat what I normally would eat on and get involved in in any regular Thursday.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Reverend(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2006
Nice guy with long hair and a beard.

Looks a bit like this, but without the gun:-

[img]http://home9.inet.tele.dk/mha/Full/jesus-gun.jpg[/img]
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Sista(f): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Reverend

Jesus knocked on peoples doors? I thought only the Jehovah's witnesses did that but instead of toting a gun, they tote the watchtower. grin
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Reverend(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2006
I always introduce Jehovah Witnesses to my friend when they call.

His name is Rex and he is a Rottweiler cheesy

Jehovah witnesses can run quite quickly when they needed! grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Ndipe(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2006
Blasphemous picture. Reverend, delete it.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: Then, in other threads, let us not go off from the Core subject/Topic. But then, you can still approach my entry her, or make a new thread for it and lets talk about it. Take good care of yourself and have a great time in the coming holidays. I do not eat Turkey as an animal because of my family's involvement in animal husbandry in Nigeria. So I may just eat what I normally would eat on and get involved in in any regular Thursday.

I don't care much for turkey either.
I am a Chicken eating kind of girl.
So for thanksgiving,(when I cook),I roast big hens.
I'll stop talking food now,I'm making myself hungry.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by budaatum: 12:08am On Nov 21, 2006
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and he kept it to himself, and along came the prince of the morning, and he said to Eve (ever wondered why he told the woman?) "Don't mind that God! For you shall not surely die, but you shall become like us!" But whats that got to do with anything, you probably wondering.

There have been many Princes of Light, or shall I say, knowledge, or even Wisdom, and hence Christs, from the very beginning of time, but I shall go back as far as Plato's Cave, ever heard the allegory?. Well, there were these people who dwelled inside a cave and never knew there was a world outside the cave, but one of them managed to escape from the cave. Plato asked, if he came back into the cave, and told those who were inside the cave that there was a world outside, what would they do to him?

But lets take a trip through a garden, instead; make sure you look out for the Tree now! There was this Adam and Eve, children of God - not his first, for he apparently had previous children, one of whom behaved somewhat like the prodigal son, except that he never returned to his father, bad boy. Anyway, Adam lived with his first wife in the garden where they both worked for their master in return for their daily bread. One day, the prodigal son, who was not quite prodigious - an ex-angel he was (I think he had been fired or something), came back and told them they should eat the fruit of the God, the one he told them they mustn't eat, for if they did they shall surely die. And he said to Eve, specifically, "Ah, you shan't die! You'll just become like us!" And she ate, and she didn't die, and she gave Adam some to eat too, and he didn't die neither. Now I can't tell if they became like God or nothing, perhaps they never ate enough! - all I can say is they began wearing leaves, and had to plant their own food in their own garden from then on, and there was something about them suffering!

But lets fast forward a bit! For God so loved the world, that he sent his only begotten son, to feed some fruit to some human beings, those human beings who were back in the cave - if you get my drift. And he told those in the cave that they had been lied to, being made to believe the walls of the cave were the entire world; "and those who lied to you, know better", he said, "there is a better way out there, these lot just pile stuff on your head that they themselfs cannot carry!", he told them. But they said, " bulls locks! Inside this cave is the entire world!" And he insisted, and just as Plato said they would, they crucified him!

So who was this guy who's Christ was Jesus, you ask? I say some wise dude who was well learned, though some will tell you the dove done it! Ok, before any one gets a couple of two by fours and nails me to it - maybe its the truth, maybe the dove done it, at least I know it is the truth for some, but as me and he are related, being that we share the same father, unless you want to say I do not know my very own father - but I shall leave that to you, shall I - point is, our father had many children!

Many would say that God had only one son, yet even that so called one son said we are all his children, so I myself cannot understand where people get that nonsense from - though I can understand if you believe you aren't worthy! All I can say is God has about about 6 billion children, last time I heard anyone counted! But you can subtract one, yourself, if you reckon I'm lying, Child of God! Jesus the Christ is the one we know this side of the world, but still, he was one of very many!

Many of these children have had the Christ inside them ever since, and before him - remember Moses? he was one; and Joseph the dreamer was too, and so was that David who couldn't keep his fly done up, and that Solomon who had everything added unto him; indeed there have indeed been many who have brought the light for humans so they can see the walls of the cave they live in and free themselfs, and there have been others who have stayed inside the cave, not allowing the Christ in them to awaken! But I would understand if you say I lie, for I am told its like my father's farm - its the biggest farm in the entire world if you haven't worked on any others, if you have, you'd know for sure there are bigger farms out there!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Reverend(m): 10:52am On Nov 21, 2006
@ Buda Atum

How big is your farm?

How many tractors do you have?

Please supply us with a full set of accounts for the years 2003, 2004 and 2005 including a P&L tongue

Only then can we compare our farms and make a decision on which is the biggest and most profitable!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by budaatum: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2006
Reverend:

@ Buda Atum

How big is your farm?
Thou shalt not look under another persons skirt, Reverend shocked
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by exu(m): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2006
Thou shalt not look under another persons skirt

What kind of Nigerian man wears a 'skirt.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Reverend(m): 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2006
Maybe he is Scottish grin

Then I definitely wont look under his skirt shocked
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by budaatum: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2006
Reverend:

Maybe he is Scottish grin

Then I definitely wont look under his skirt shocked
You, are a gentleman wink
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by kimba(m): 11:11pm On Nov 23, 2006
Jesus is my best friend!! cheesy cheesy
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 12:39am On Nov 24, 2006
@Kimba: I believe that there is a verse in the New testament whereby it is stated that in the future, in the day of judgement, some christians will come to jesus, he will say that he does not know them, even as they say to him that they used to perform miracles on earth in his name? Could you confirm that and what is that all about. I am a muslim, so its just that i want to know.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by exu(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2006
Jesus is dead.

LOL.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by hbrednic: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2006
jesus is the amazing grace,the prince of peace,the lion of judah,the one that burneth and the one that liveth,he is the hope for the hopeless and he is the justice
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by kimba(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2006
olabowale:

@Kimba: I believe that there is a verse in the New testament whereby it is stated that in the future, in the day of judgement, some christians will come to jesus, he will say that he does not know them, even as they say to him that they used to perform miracles on earth in his name? Could you confirm that and what is that all about. I am a muslim, so its just that i want to know.
hhmm, lemme ask you first:

where is your question coming from and where is it going.

of what good will such a Bible quote be to you?

If you are seeking Jesus, He is the way, the truth and the life. Kneel down, ask him to come into your heart, pray sincerely and He will surely come in. If u still want to discuss, mail me(my profile)
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2006
@reverend
May God have mercy upon you cry
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Reverend(m): 7:51am On Dec 12, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

@reverend
May God have mercy upon you cry

And may he also have mercy on you when your time comes cheesy

I hope that JC also shows you a little affection as well,

Peace
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by olabowale(m): 9:23am On Dec 12, 2006
@Kimba: Inna Salati, wa nusuki, wa mayaya wa mamati lillahi, lasharikalalah wa bi dhalika umirtu wa ana awalul muslimi. All my prayers and asking in reverence, all my living and my death is for the pleasure of Allah. There is no one in partnership with Him in His Lordship of Majesty and I am the first to declare my faith in submission of my will to Him in Islam. Alhamdullih adana Islam. I am grateful to Allah Who makes my religion, a way of Submission in Islam. I will never bow or Knee or pray or beg or supplicate or any objectification in lordship to any but The Almighty Irresistable Allah. Jesus, never, Muhammad, never, no one! You hear me? Those who do or do completely reject Allah the Merciful, yet they dwell on His earth, under His heavens and keeping alive by the sustenance He provides to them, drinking and eating and clothing and sheltering and breathing the air that He already had metered out and it is precise, both groups will find that there is no helper apart fom Him! So, when I am ready, I will take you on and go to your profile. You can do the same chcking out my profile as well. In January, you will hear from me, God willing.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by mrpataki(m): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2006
I would describe my Jesus as the Prince of Peace. Not like what that dirtyminded Reverse has put up.
A reconciler of the heart of men back to God.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by babs787(m): 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2006
mrpataki:

I would describe my Jesus as the Prince of Peace. Not like what that dirtyminded Reverse has put up.
A reconciler of the heart of men back to God.

@mrpataki,

did i see u posting it that jesus was a prince of peace. was that in the bible or assumptions. if in the bible, i need it please.

u said he is a prince of peace, can you please those below

SWORD AND FIRE IN NEW TESTAMENT (ALL THESE WERE SAID BY JESUS)

Luke
Luke 12v49: I came to cast fire upon the earth and would that it were already kindled. Do not think I came to make peace but rather DIVISION for from henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two, two against three. They will be divided, father against son, son against father, mother against daughter, daughter against mother.

Mathew
Mathew 10v34: do not think I have come to make peace on earth. I have not come to make peace but a SWORD. For I have come to set man against his father and a daughter against her mother.

Luke 19v27: for those enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and SLAY THEM HERE AND SLAY THEM THERE BEFORE ME .

OH NO!. ALL THESE SAID BY JESUS ALONE.

please mrpataki, i need your response ASAP ESPECIALLY LUKE 19V27 AND THE REST
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by mrpataki(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2006
@ babs787
I can see you are one disgruntled element that is always looking for baseless point to hang on to.
As to your question, i will only give you one example because i can understand that too many ofanswers actually distorts your reasoning the more.

Now when Judas betrayed Jesus, and soldiers came for him that night, remember Peter drew out his sword and sliced off the ear of one of the soldiers? Tell me what Jesus did?

Show me where in the bible, where Jesus ever drew out a sword to fight or rather he led a mutiny of disgruntled fellows like you to start a holy war or incite some others to do that, just as your SAW has taught you to do?

Sincerely i can see that you are totally bereft of any decorum of knowledge!!!!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by mrpataki(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2006
@ babs787
I have told you,
Create a thread and let us all thrash out the jargons that has embedded your reasoning. I hate digressing from the topic where the author the thread delights in been enlightened. Seeking for avenues, like you always want to create a digression from the topic is uncalled for.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 13, 2006
My God and Saviour, the one who LIVED, LIVES and will be FOREVER! My longsuffering and merciful guide, the One who loves even when i'm wrong, the One who lifts when i fall, the One who speaks peace to calm the storms in my heart!

Yes it is that Jesus Christ, the One many have been blinded not to see, whose love they cannot share and whose death on the cross they cannot bear to behold!

That same Jesus! The One who was "born", ate, slept and played with His friends. Our own carpenter's son, who took the foolishness of this world and made it wise. The One who cannot be found by intellectual searching and scientific testing! The still small voice that knocks quietly at the door of every heart, seeking to come in and sup with whoever will open the door and let Him in!
The first and the last, the begining and the end, the rock of offense and the stone of stumbling to many. The same Lamb of God who is the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the One whose face i shall behold someday by His special grace!!!
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by babs787(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2006
mrpataki,

i should say u r the one trying to change the topic, open another thread and will sort things out, am always ever ready to sanctify you with the truth (as put by john in your bible).

also u r asking if jesus ever raised sword. what is that implying? didnt u read my post, the quotes from your bible.why trying to divert the issue

i asked you your stand on those quotes and the meaning, instead of u answering me, u devised another strategy trying to turn the table.

ONCE AGAIN, I ASK YOU, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE VERSES ABOVE.

waiting for your post
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by babs787(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2006
mrpataki,

i should say u r the one trying to change the topic, open another thread and will sort things out, am always ever ready to sanctify you with the truth (as put by john in your bible).

also u r asking if jesus ever raised sword. what is that implying? didnt u read my post, the quotes from your bible.why trying to divert the issue

i asked you your stand on those quotes and the meaning, instead of u answering me, u devised another strategy trying to turn the table.

waiting for your post
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by mrpataki(m): 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2006
@ babs787
I will answer your question thus:
Jesus is coming back for his church that is without sin, meanwhile there is what we call the Kingdom of God which is what Jesus is coming for, in absentia at the moment, he discovers among his own, some who seems to be influenced by the things of this world, rather than by the things of God. Like the kingdom in the story,(where you brought out) our world is in a state of civil war, some people are loyal to God, our King in heaven, while others refuse to acknowledge his Lordship. One day the Lord Jesus will return to put an end to the civil war by destroying the enemies and recreating the earth. On which side will you be?

In essence the scripture you have just qouted for explanation by me is actually Jesus making us to know what the endtime(his coming back) is actually going to look like.

As much He is the Prince of peace, He is also a God of judgement, and when he comes back to earth, he is coming for Judgement, and to take his own kingdom home.

If you still want more clarifications i will kindly oblidge you.
Re: How Would You Describe Jesus? by mrpataki(m): 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2006
babs787:

mrpataki,

i should say you're the one trying to change the topic, open another thread and will sort things out, am always ever ready to sanctify you with the truth (as put by john in your bible).

also you're asking if jesus ever raised sword. what is that implying? didnt u read my post, the quotes from your bible.why trying to divert the issue

waiting for your post

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Really i could not help it but laugh, are you one of those bonfo trousers wearing freaks
also you're asking if jesus ever raised sword. what is that implying?
Look at your prophets, your world renowned terrorist, and how foolish of them and even you to believe that killing for the 72 holy virgins that awaits them in heaven, is indeed pleasurable in your sights.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. / Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? / Jesus Christ Perform Solat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.