Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,279 members, 7,822,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses (11297 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Will The Faith Of This World Be Without Atheists / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2016
I want to ask paulgrundy if world will be a better place without jehovah witnesses. His numerous attacks on jehovah witnesses show he wants jw not to exist again. i want to know his gains if jw become history. Instead of attacking a religion organization with membership of less than 8millions, why can he focus on spreading the gospels to unbelievers.
just wondering
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 12:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
joyandfaith:
I want to ask paulgrundy if world will be a better place without jehovah witnesses. His numerous attacks on jehovah witnesses show he wants jw not to exist again. i want to know his gains if jw become history. Instead of attacking a religion organization with membership of less than 8millions, why can he focus on spreading the gospels to unbelievers.
just wondering

The world would fare the way it should with or without the JW's. My posts are not attacks, attacks aim @ discrediting a person or a group. My posts are expository, an expose aims at showing untruth and dishonesty.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
paulGrundy:

The world would fare the way it should with or without the JW's. My posts are not attacks, attacks aim @ discrediting a person or a group. My posts are expository, an expose aims at showing untruth and dishonesty.

have you met any of jw before or visit their offices or halls?
if ur opinion is based on hearsay or quoting wrongly from their publications you may be .wrong in end
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
with your passion to discredit jw as if jw is only bad organization on earth, i feel you have something to gain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
paulgrundy has been following paul grundy of jwfact website blindly. does he know the owner of the website personally? what if tomorrow, paul grundy changes his mind about jw and shut down his website how will paul grundy of nairaland feel?
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by johnw74: 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
^^^

If you were to read from www.jwfacts.com you would see that Paul Grundy will not be changing his mind about jw.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 6:20am On Apr 01, 2016
johnw74:

^^^

If you were to read from www.jwfacts.com you would see that Paul Grundy will not be changing his mind about jw.

change is constant. people always change. it is not good to follow other people . paulgrundy of nairaland is different from paul grundy jwfacts.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2016
The world would fare better without religion

2 Likes

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2016
joyandfaith:
just wondering
Paulgrundy will not tell you the real reasons why he talks about witnesses. He has a mentor, the real paul grundy who he has never met or knows anything about other than what paul grundy himself has said.

When someone accuses me of having a belief in the past(during my granfather days) and I tell such ones that due to better understanding, I've seen that I've made mistakes and I've humble adjusted my beliefs, but he keeps hammering on those discarded beliefs just to discredit my present beliefs, then. I can conclude that that persons aim is to find fault by any means posible.

When someone does not discuss extensively with you based on your beliefs , but talks about things you dnt presently believe in, then you should know there is something wrong somewhere.

When someone does not give any explanation, does not give his own understanding of the scriptures or beliefs, then you know his aim is just to bring you down and not build you up.

David, a man with Gods spirit in him, committed murder and adultery. He did things that displeased jehovah. What made him stand out from most other men? He was humble, and tried his best to adjust when he learnt about his mistake.

Jonah was not called a fake prophet after nineveh still existed long after the days mentioned by jonah had passed.
Up till now, I've not seen paul talk about his own understanding of Daniels prophecy

If I'm to find fault with your past, I can only do so if I feel you still accept and believe in it. Can't look at present Germany based on what they in 1941

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 11:16am On Apr 01, 2016
joyandfaith:
paulgrundy has been following paul grundy of jwfact website blindly. does he know the owner of the website personally? what if tomorrow, paul grundy changes his mind about jw and shut down his website how will paul grundy of nairaland feel?

It doesn't matter whether Paulgrundy changes his mind today or tomorrow.

What matter was the FACTS Paulgrundy has always pulled out from his website. Paul never says anything about JW without supporting it with JW OWN writing, which is the TRUTH AN OPEN-MINDED fellow needs.

Just like your brother Admitted above with an illustration of his grandfather. JW actually has many change TEACHINGS in the past which today's JW considered wrong. Which will can then conclude that those teachings were not from God.

So we can conclude, those teachings were just ordinary human wisdom (but remember NO JW PRESIDENT EVER CLAIMED THEIR TEACHING WERE BASED ON HUMAN WISDOM RATHER [size=14pt]they claimed INSPIRATION FROM GOD)[/size]

The big question is, what is the fate of those who have died in those teachings now considered wrong by today's JW? Remember also that Russell died in a believe of worshipping Jesus.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 11:56am On Apr 01, 2016
You're coming up small small. You've admitted that Jehovah witness actually made past mistakes but the real question is are the just MISTAKES OR PURE LIES AGAINST GOD?

dolphinheart:
When someone accuses me of having a belief in the past(during my granfather days) and I tell such ones that due to better understanding, I've seen that I've made mistakes and I've humble adjusted my beliefs, but he keeps hammering on those discarded beliefs just to discredit my present beliefs, then. I can conclude that that persons aim is to find fault by any means posible.

Your analogue is wrong in a sense that the issue is an eternity one not just political or social issue. Do you know that MANY JW DIED BELIEVING THOSE TEACHINGS?
Is that how God worked in the past?

You may see those teachings wrong but they are people who hold to those teachings as truth and died in them.

That's not how God worked before the advent of Russell.

When someone does not discuss extensively with you based on your beliefs , but talks about things you dnt presently believe in, then you should know there is something wrong somewhere.

No! Your foundation determined your stand. If the founder of JW got it wrong and he never admitted those errors but died in it then the foundation of your present believe is shaking.

When someone does not give any explanation, does not give his own understanding of the scriptures or beliefs, then you know his aim is just to bring you down and not build you up.

You're lying here, people always take their time to expounding your scriptural knowledge but you've decided to die in your grandfather's believe which you claimed you have nothing to do with. That's why you hold their Bible own version above hundred of othrr versions out there.

David, a man with Gods spirit in him, committed murder and adultery. He did things that displeased jehovah. What made him stand out from most other men? He was humble, and tried his best to adjust when he learnt about his mistake.

After all David didn't claim it was God who instructed him to do so but Russell and two Presidents who took over CLAIMED THEY WERE BEEN DIRECTED BY GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT. So comparing David who admitted his mistake based on his human error and your past Presidents who claimed they were been directed by God is out of it.

Jonah was not called a fake prophet after nineveh still existed long after the days mentioned by jonah had passed.
Up till now, I've not seen paul talk about his own understanding of Daniels prophecy

This is how you keep wallowing in your delusions.
What has Jonah's case got to do with JW wrong teachings?

If I'm to find fault with your past, I can only do so if I feel you still accept and believe in it. Can't look at present Germany based on what they in 1941

What happened in Germany in 1941 does not call God has a witness but your founder claimed God inspired him. These are two different case!
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 12:07pm On Apr 01, 2016
Emusan:

It doesn't matter whether Paulgrundy changes his mind today or tomorrow.

What matter was the FACTS Paulgrundy has always pulled out from his website. Paul never says anything about JW without supporting it with JW OWN writing, which is the TRUTH AN OPEN-MINDED fellow needs

I have a strong passion for truth that explains why am very open to doctrinal issues. Since the first day I encountered jwfacts.com, I verified every damn thing on that site and confirmed it to be true. Anyone who does agree with jwfacts.com is a closed minded fellow. All the JW's in this thread are silently wishing for me to stop quoting from that site. Guess what? Its never gonna happen.

Just like your brother Admitted above with an illustration of his grandfather. JW actually has many change TEACHINGS in the past which today's JW considered wrong. Which will can then conclude that those teachings were not from God.

So we can conclude, those teachings were just ordinary human wisdom (but remember NO JW PRESIDENT EVER CLAIMED THEIR TEACHING WERE BASED ON HUMAN WISDOM RATHER [size=14pt]they claimed INSPIRATION FROM GOD)[/size]

Very funny that some JW's assert that flip-flops, contradictions in doctrine happened in the past, hence they are only concerned with what is taught in their time. But they can argue trinity, hell-fire e.t.c. Using THE SAME teachings formulated during the climax of watchtowers contradictions and tell you its the truth grin grin
If a mouth piece gave false information during your grand fathers time, why should you put absolute truth in his present information? Major changes in watchtower doctrine are still ongoing down to this moment, take for example changes on the FDS, it was initailly taught that Russell was the FDS

"Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of "that faithful and wise servant," and that his great work was giving to the Household of Faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title, but he admitted as much in private conversation." Watch Tower 1916 December 1 p.356

With Russell's death in 1916 a new interpretation became necessary. In the 1922 booklet The Parable of the Penny Rutherford was described as the Faithful Steward (Slave).

Finally, in 1927 Rutherford explained that the Slave was not a person but a group of people; Jesus and the 144,000.

"Seeing then that The Servant of Jehovah is The Christ, and that The Christ is composed of Jesus and the faithful members of his body, we find it proper to apply the term "Servant" to Jesus Christ alone or to Jesus Christ and the members of his body collectively as one; and sometimes it is applied only to the members of the body of Christ yet on earth." Watchtower 1927 February 15 p.53

Then in 2009 the govering body claimed that they are the FDS
Watchtower 2009 June 15:

"However, Christians who have truly received this anointing do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special insights beyond what even some experienced members of the "great crowd" may have." Page 23

"Today, the Governing Body represents the faithful and discreet slave class." Image on page 23

"Similarly, today a limited number of anointed men have the responsibility of representing the slave class. They make up the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses." Page 24

This same sentiment is expressed in 2010.

Would all anointed Christians “shine”? In a sense, yes, for all Christians would participate in preaching, in disciple making, and in building one another up at meetings. Anointed ones would set the example. (Zech. 8:23) In addition to this, however, deep things were to be revealed during the time of the end. The very prophecy Daniel recorded was “sealed up” until that time. (Dan. 12:9) How and through whom would the spirit search into these deep things?

When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of “the faithful and discreet slave” at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13) The Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted explanations. (Acts 15:6) What they learn, they publish for the benefit of all. Watchtower 2010 July 15 pp.22,23

http://www.jwfacts.mobi/watchtower/faithful-discreet-slave.php

The big question is, what is the fate of those who have died in those teachings now considered wrong by today's JW? Remember also that Russell died in a believe of worshipping Jesus.

Forget it, he won't answer you. He would just misquote you and attack his misrepresentation.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
joyandfaith:
just wondering
Jehova witnesses are cool kiss . I love you guys.

I always listen if they are not talking about other churches, end times, and contentious doctrinal issues. It is also nice if they would learn not to insist on conversations when someone is clearly uninterested.

Feel free to witness to me.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
Muafrika2:

Jehova witnesses are cool kiss . I love you guys.

I always listen if they are not talking about other churches, end times, and contentious doctrinal issues. It is also nice if they would learn not to insist on conversations when someone is clearly uninterested.

Feel free to witness to me.

Why not contribute to the discussion of your brothers and sisters (members) in this thread? Your input would be immensely appreciated. smiley
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
paulGrundy:

Why not contribute to the discussion of your brothers and sisters (members) in this thread? Your input would be immensely appreciated. smiley

if you like quote the whole jwfacts or go and set up satellite tv station and make it free to promote lies about jw, you cannot succeed. you are not worst that hitler who vowed to exterminate jw. are you?
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
joyandfaith:
if you like quote the whole jwfacts or go and set up satellite tv station and make it free [size=14pt]to promote lies about jw, you cannot succeed.[/size] you are not worst that hitler who vowed to exterminate jw. are you?

@bold-You're very funny.

Is jwfacts.com promoting lies about JW or is it you who decided to live in lies of JW?

Russell died worshipping Jesus Christ so do some JW for good 54years. is it lie by jwfacts or your organization?
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2016
paulGrundy:

I really do not understand their points of contention with other believers, especially concerning Christ. May be joyandfaith can tell me what role Christ plays in their spiritual life.

A friend of mine told me how their services had no preachers, they just sat there quietly, meditated and read the Bible. After which they go out and preach. I loved that. Even their kids evangelize.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
Muafrika2:

I really do not understand their points of contention with other believers, especially concerning Christ. May be joyandfaith can tell me what role Christ plays in their spiritual life.

The watchtower does not elevate christ the way other christain groups do.They believe that the worship of Jesus christ is idolatry:

"Trinitarians who believe that Jesus is God, or at least the second person of the triune God, do not like to have Jehovah's witnesses say that it is unscriptural for worshipers of the living and true God to render worship to the Son of God, Jesus Christ" Watchtower 1964 Nov 1 p.671

"Reverent adoration should be expressed only to God. To render worship to anyone or anything else would be a form of idolatry, which is condemned in both the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures. Accordingly, true Christians do well to direct their worship only to Jehovah God, the Almighty." Awake! 2000 Apr 8 pp.26,27

"Though some claim that prayer may properly be addressed to others, such as to God's Son, the evidence is emphatically to the contrary." Insight on the Scriptures Volume 2 p.667

Prior to then it was perfectly ok.

"Jehovah God commands all to worship Christ Jesus because Christ Jesus is the express image of his Father, Jehovah, and because he is the Executive Officer of Jehovah always carrying out Jehovah's purpose (Heb.:3-6)." Watchtower 1939 Nov 15 p.339

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php

This belief is influenced by their view of Jesus as just a mere arc-angel and their rejection of trinity.

Joyandfaith could you please confirm my comments. smiley
A friend of mine told me how their services had no preachers, they just sat there quietly, meditated and read the Bible. After which they go out and preach. I loved that. Even their kids evangelize.

Yes I myself also admire their evangelistic zeal smiley

If other christain groups also teach that salvation is by faith and works (evangelistic door to door preaching) which they must keep doing in order not to be destroyed in armmageddon, just like the witness believe, am sure the whole gospel would have gotten to all the world.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
paulGrundy:

The watchtower does not elevate christ the way other christain groups do.They believe that the worship of Jesus christ is idolatry:

"Trinitarians who believe that Jesus is God, or at least the second person of the triune God, do not like to have Jehovah's witnesses say that it is unscriptural for worshipers of the living and true God to render worship to the Son of God, Jesus Christ" Watchtower 1964 Nov 1 p.671

"Reverent adoration should be expressed only to God. To render worship to anyone or anything else would be a form of idolatry, which is condemned in both the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures. Accordingly, true Christians do well to direct their worship only to Jehovah God, the Almighty." Awake! 2000 Apr 8 pp.26,27

"Though some claim that prayer may properly be addressed to others, such as to God's Son, the evidence is emphatically to the contrary." Insight on the Scriptures Volume 2 p.667

Prior to then it was perfectly ok.

"Jehovah God commands all to worship Christ Jesus because Christ Jesus is the express image of his Father, Jehovah, and because he is the Executive Officer of Jehovah always carrying out Jehovah's purpose (Heb.:3-6)." Watchtower 1939 Nov 15 p.339

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php

This belief is influenced by their view of Jesus as just a mere arc-angel and their rejection of trinity.

Joyandfaith could you please confirm my comments. smiley

Yes I myself also admire their evangelistic zeal smiley

If other christain groups also teach that salvation is by faith and works (evangelistic door to door preaching) which they must keep doing in order not to be destroyed in armmageddon, just like the witness believe, am sure the whole gospel would have gotten to all the world.
shocked
This is serious. So they are anti - Christ!

That explains the watchtowers bibles John 1:1. Christ refered to as "a god."
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
Muafrika2:

shocked

Yes, and even that article "a" is not in the original translation, it was added by them to their bible. They do not believe Jesus is God. Go to

Jwfacts.com

For more information on them.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2016
Emusan:
You're coming up small small. You've admitted that Jehovah witness actually made past mistakes but the real question is are the just MISTAKES OR PURE LIES AGAINST GOD?
thanks for the encouragement. To answer your question, one needs to go back and read on statements made then, not just the cut and paste method. But I wunt be doing that, what I'm learning presently is what I believe to be the truth, unless you can bring up a contrary explanation to my present beliefs, I don't see a need to go back to old beliefs that I do not believe in , talk less of if they are inspired or not.

Your analogue is wrong in a sense that the issue is an eternity one not just political or social issue. Do you know that MANY JW DIED BELIEVING THOSE TEACHINGS?
Is that how God worked in the past?

You may see those teachings wrong but they are people who hold to those teachings as truth and died in them.

That's not how God worked before the advent of Russell.
I do not know in detail how jehovah works, I do not know in detail what Russell said or did, I do not know Russell at all except what is written about him, which can be true or false depending on the intentions and knowledge of the writer.
The scriptures tell us that Solomon was the wisest man on earth, he built the temple which God approved, he wrote part of God's inspired word for us today, he had gods spirit in him, he was called a prophet by some, he was the leader of God's people. But the scriptures tell us that Solomon also built things for other Gods and even worshipped there.
now where those other things he did inspired by God? If the temple was inspired by God, does that mean the places he built for other Gods where also inspired? what do you think solomon would have told his people to make them follow these other gods too.

I do not compare Russell to solomon in anyway, but I just want to show you the difference between inspiration and reality.

knowledge is a very important aspect when God does his judging, but so is a person's heart condition. thsee two things will play an important role during resurrection.
I do not know what will happen to anyone during the resurrection, but I do know that jehovah will not judge anyone unfairly.

many have died in different parts of the world knowing nothing, what do you think will become their faith.

A mother decides to have babies , but she kills them months after their birth, she says they will go to heaven cus they have committed no sin. These children have no knowledge of the truth, does that mean they will go to hell fire? The answer will help us to understand more about how jehovah will judge those with wrong knowledge.

No! Your foundation determined your stand. If the founder of JW got it wrong and he never admitted those errors but died in it then the foundation of your present believe is shaking

yes you are right, Jehovahs withnesses started as being bible students, people who study the bible, and that's their foundation. What they tell you from what they have learned does not their foundation, it's like a structure built on the foundation. when they learn new things and realise their error with the old one, they humbly pull it down and rebuild, but still on the foundation of being bible students, always learning from the scriptures.

You're lying here, people always take their time to expounding your scriptural knowledge but you've decided to die in your grandfather's believe which you claimed you have nothing to do with. That's why you hold their Bible own version above hundred of othrr versions out there.
Well, on these thread, ive not seen any. you do not know what I've decided or not decided on, but if you think you know, pls tell me one of the things I've decided on(that my grandfather's believed in), why you think it's wrong, and what you think is right.

The version that I use was published during my time.
After all David didn't claim it was God who instructed him to do so but Russell and two Presidents who took over CLAIMED THEY WERE BEEN DIRECTED BY GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT. So comparing David who admitted his mistake based on his human error and your past Presidents who claimed they were been directed by God is out of it.

now you have to provide proof that a particular error was claimed to be inspired.
on David's issue, I wanted to show you that having gods spirit in you is not a claim to perfection, you can still do and say things that displeases God. Moses is another example, his mistakes does not mean he was not inspired to do and say certain things!

This is how you keep wallowing in your delusions.
What has Jonah's case got to do with JW wrong teachings?
I do not surpport the use of abusive or derogatory statements.
Jonah made a prophecy that did not go according to how he said it.
and like I said, paul(and even you)have not told me anything about Daniels prophecy.

What happened in Germany in 1941 does not call God has a witness but your founder claimed God inspired him. These are two different case!
but you do not look at present Germany by what their father's and grandfather's did in 1941, or do you? whatever it is that they did!

going further, I'll prefer to talk about my present beliefs!, cus such knowledge can lead me to evalasting life.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

shocked

pls, can you share your own present beliefs.
do you think Jesus is God Almighty?
do you think Jesus is equal to God almighty?
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
dolphinheart:

pls, can you share your own present beliefs.
do you think Jesus is God Almighty?
do you think Jesus is equal to God almighty?
He's God's Son. That means all things that God is, He is. The relation between God and His only Son is a father - Son relationship. So by talking to Christ, am talking to His father, in fact, I cannot talk to His father without Him. That is why he refered to Himself as "the way". There is no other way to the father.

If it's true that Christ is not that important to JWS, then they cannot get to the father. You can't reject the Son and have the father.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

He's God's Son. That means all things that God is, He is.
you are right to say he is Gods son. but to say "all things that god is, he is" is a wrong analogy.
angels too are gods sons, likewise jesus brothers who will be with him in heaven, are those too everything that God is?

The relation between God and His only Son is a father - Son relationship. So by talking to Christ, am talking to His father, in fact, I cannot talk to His father without Him. That is why he refered to Himself as "the way". There is no other way to the father.
So you agree that Jesus and god(father) are two different persons, and you can only approach one through the other.

If it's true that Christ is not that important to JWS, then they cannot get to the father. You can't reject the Son and have the father.
it's not true bro, you can ask then when you see them. They follow jesus words word found found in John 17:3. hope its ok if I ask that you read that verse and tell me what you think about it?

bro, thanks for sharing your views about Jesus and God , but my question is if jesus is God Almighty, or if jesus is equal to God almighty.

2 Likes

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
jw and jesus christ grab ur copy at www.jw.org
jesus-the way , the truth and life published by jehovah witnesses

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

He's God's Son. That means all things that God is, He is. The relation between God and His only Son is a father - Son relationship. So by talking to Christ, am talking to His father, in fact, I cannot talk to His father without Him. That is why he refered to Himself as "the way". There is no other way to the father.

I love the way you did not engage in a foolish argument about Trinity with blind dolphinheart.

Let me ask you a question, when someone uses lies and deciet to justify an argument, would you wholly believe all the person says? [size=15pt]If truly the watchtowers anti-trinity stance conforms to the bible, why then do they use lies to justify their position? Why not let the bible speak for itself?[/size] Just because one quotes the scripture doesn't mean he teaches the truth.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/trinity.php

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/misquotes-deception-lies.php

Fraudstars have a unique ability to use falsehoods to manipulate others so that it would enable them swindle guys of their hard earned money. Please don't let blind, deaf and dumb people decieve you.

Mtcheeeew. angry

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
I have one JW girl who comes to my flat every sunday to "preach" to me. We usually discuss, she trying to use simply analogies, me trying to show her those analogies are unapplicable.

Perhaps I will present this fact to her.....

Will love to see how she will react

grin

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
paulGrundy:

I love the way you did not engage in a foolish argument about Trinity with blind dolphinheart.

Let me ask you a question, when someone uses lies and deciet to justify an argument, would you wholly believe all the person says? Just because one quotes the scripture doesn't mean he is accurate.

Fraudstars have a unique ability to sweet tooth others so that it would enable them swindle guys of their hard earned money. Please don't let blind, deaf and dumb people decieve you.

Mtcheeeew. angry

you already being deceived. and satan is a master deception.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
paulGrundy:

Let me ask you a question, when someone uses lies and deciet to justify an argument, would you wholly believe all the person says? Just because one quotes the scripture doesn't mean he is accurate.

Fraudstars have a unique ability to sweet tooth others so that it would enable them swindle guys of their hard earned money. Please don't let blind, deaf and dumb people decieve you.

Mtcheeeew. angry

you already being deceived. and satan is a master of deception.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
paulGrundy:

Let me ask you a question, when someone uses lies and deciet to justify an argument, would you wholly believe all the person says? [size=15pt]If truly the watchtowers anti-trinity stance conforms to the bible, why then do they use lies to justify their position? Why not let the bible speak for itself?[/size] Just because one quotes the scripture doesn't mean he teaches the truth.

Fraudstars have a unique ability to use falsehoods to manipulate others so that it would enable them swindle guys of their hard earned money.

Mtcheeeew. angry
cheesy cheesy

I don't think they want money though.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

cheesy cheesy

I don't think they want money though.

They don't want money, I was just using an analogy. The non belief in trinity is not new to the watchtower, other christain groups like the oneness pentecostals, LDS (mormons), christain science, amongst others do not believe in trinity. They are rejecting trinity because it's concept has close resemblance with an acient babylonian pagan belief. The word trinity is not in the bible, it was formulated by the nicene creed of church fathers who are also responsible for the compilation of the protestant bible. Prior to then it was been taught by church fathers, it was a product of centuries of intelligent biblical comparism, they only created a name to explain the phenomenon.

The death and ressurection of Jesus has close resemblance with the Egyptian pagan oral tradition of osiris and horus, such that some historians think that bible writers copied the story and interchanged the names. So should we say because of that we should stop believing in Jesus?

Just because two things resemble each other doesn't mean that they are from the same source.

Secondly christain cults reject Trinity because it would reinforce their teachings that their organization is the only link or mediator between God and man. Denying the diety of Jesus would make it easy for them to do this, hence easy to control and manipulate their members to believe anything they teach.

This is the problem:

John 14:6New International Version (NIV)

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

1 Timothy 2:5King James Version (KJV)

5 For there is one God, and one mediator [link] between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by johnw74: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
joyandfaith:

change is constant. people always change. it is not good to follow other people . paulgrundy of nairaland is different from paul grundy jwfacts.

@bold, Very rarely does a person change from the truth to a lie, you obviously haven't read from jwfacts, or you have read and stay with jw anyway, to suggest that Paul Grundy of jwfacts might change from his stance on jw.

Read here: www.jwfacts.com to find out a little about what your org. doesn't tell you.

Read here: https://carm.org/essential-doctrines-of-christianity to learn more truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? / There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves / First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.