Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful (34058 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Campaign Poster For Charmain Of Okrika LG Rivers State / Dr Giwa's Sister Writes To Nigerians: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Kezzy24(f): 8:20am On Mar 18, 2016
Muoweta:
Not taking sides here but this story is ....... My reasons
1. Only trucks can be involved in such accident n d driver will be left unhurt at least after jumping a concrete demarcation.
2. Accident scenes any wr in d world ppl are more concerned abt d victims. Even if in Nigeria not to rescue them buh snap pictures. Till today no picture def not possible
3. D last time I checked licence plates are screwed to cars you can't just remove them with ease perhaps her fingers are spanners
4. Facts abt this mata cannot be as fresh as they r mkin us believe.

God bless you!

She took out the licence plates,nobody thought to stop her and she freely walked?They should please try to stick to facts,even while they seek that justice is served.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2016
I don't know y'all problem. Someone drove under the influence of alcohol and you want her to get a free pass.....why?

If she were remorseful and if this were a muslim country, she would be allowed to walk if the family forgave her

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 18, 2016
She wasn't even remorseful? Smh

She should serve her time, especially as she couldn't simply even pretend to care. She doesn't have a heart.

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by sssob: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2016
Muoweta:
1. Only trucks can be involved in such accident n d driver will be left unhurt at least after jumping a concrete demarcation.
2. Accident scenes any wr in d world ppl are more concerned abt d victims. Even if in Nigeria not to rescue them buh snap pictures. Till today no picture def not possible
3. D last time I checked licence plates are screwed to cars you can't just remove them with ease perhaps her fingers are spanners

My tots exactly...so a drunk driver who just rolled over a concrete dermacation, a woman oo...had serious time on her hand to unscrew plate number of her car which was laying on top the Honda!!!..how did she flee the accident scene? ..via taxi? Note, if she is guilty I support it..but the report is fishy.

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2016
naptu2:

What the sister said tallies with what I read in the papers the next day. Journalists interviewed eye witnesses who said that Ibinabo's car left the carriageway meant for cars heading towards Ajah, flew over the median and rammed into the doctor's car. There were pictures of the accident scene in the newspapers. The eyewitnesses said that Ibinabo made a phone call and Danny Wilson showed up a few minutes later in another car (they said he showed up with policemen, if I remember correctly). They removed the licence plate and took Ibinabo away. The journalists later traced her to a private hospital.

LASG should prosecute that Danny Wilson fucker as well

3 Likes

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by naptu2: 8:39am On Mar 18, 2016
oyb:

LASG should prosecute that Danny Wilson fucker as well

I don't know what eventually happened to him, but I remember that he was the second defendant in the case at some point.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by blezynetym(f): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2016
She is heartless and without conscience. Please Appeal court give her 10years imprisonment. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by ashjay001(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2016
As if u can forgive someone that does that to ur father, sibling or kid??!
Keep it real- what's inhuman abt doing d time if u did d crime?

2 Likes

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Missmossy(f): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2016
Jeez!! She is so inhuman and heartless. What a cruel heart she has got. Despite her evil deeds she's not remorseful,i wonder what useless ego she possesses.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by olu4life(m): 8:47am On Mar 18, 2016
sssob:
Muoweta:
My tots exactly...so a drunk driver who just rolled over a concrete dermacation, a woman oo...had serious time on her hand to unscrew plate number of her car which was laying on top the Honda!!!..how did she flee the accident scene? ..via taxi? Note, if she is guilty I support it..but the report is fishy.
Kezzy24:

God bless you!

She took out the licence plates,nobody thought to stop her and she freely walked?They should please try to stick to facts,even while they seek that justice is served.
Kindly refer to this
naptu2: What the sister said tallies with what I read in the papers the next day. Journalists interviewed eye witnesses who said that Ibinabo's car left the carriageway meant for cars heading towards Ajah, flew over the median and rammed into the doctor's car. There were pictures of the accident scene in the newspapers. The eyewitnesses said that Ibinabo made a phone call and Danny Wilson showed up a few minutes later in another car (they said he showed up with policemen, if I remember correctly). They removed the licence plate and took Ibinabo away. The journalists later traced her to a private hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by mapet: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2016
naptu2:

Muoweta: :

What the sister said tallies with what I read in the papers the next day. Journalists interviewed eye witnesses who said that Ibinabo's car left the carriageway meant for cars heading towards Ajah, flew over the median and rammed into the doctor's car. There were pictures of the accident scene in the newspapers. The eyewitnesses said that Ibinabo made a phone call and Danny Wilson showed up a few minutes later in another car (they said he showed up with policemen, if I remember correctly). They removed the licence plate and took Ibinabo away. The journalists later traced her to a private hospital.

@Muoweta I believe it is better you ask for the fact of the matter than to come with some hypothetical statements that further insult the sensibilities of the family and Nigerians. Pray tell, where were you in 2005, that you did not know the facts of this case that was a major headline news in the papers?

In sane countries she would have been charged on two counts at least, driving under influence and manslaughter

5 Likes

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by omoharry(f): 8:52am On Mar 18, 2016
martineinstein:
There are more beautiful women in kikiri; ibinabo is not special.... She should be giving block d, room 12; the condition there is for her skin color
Mr man..you done enter there before? abi you be prison warding? wink wink wink wink
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2016
theshaderoom:

Lol.. section 325 of the criminal code clearly states that life imprisonment is the punishment for manslaughter so please where did u get five years as maximum?

Dont say what you don't know. Say FACT pls
law
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by amtaken(f): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2016
You failed to understand the message I was trying to pass to you.

What happened to Ibinabo could happen to anyone.

Yes, it's good for us to do our own part but sometimes our best may not be good enough.

Don't tell me she was tipsy because you don't have any proof for that.

Like I said earlier, may God never allow such to happen to you.

Bye.

alt3r3g0:

We should not be quick to hands off our responsibilities and hand it over to God. God has given us all we need to also do our part.

If we continue to blame the devil for everything rather than learn from our mistakes, how will we grow? Seems thats the difference between western world and Africans.

A plane crashes over there...they do a thorough investigation as to why and how it can be avoided (Air crash investigation, seconds from disaster and different programs to show lessons learnt). A plane crashes in Nigeria, we call it an "Act of God". No lessons learnt, no improvement opportunity..we just waiting for the next mishap to happen.

While there are some very few things that happen beyond our control, we must not run away from our responsibilities and leave what is within our control to God.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by cybriz82(m): 9:22am On Mar 18, 2016
Not evn up to 5yr..is 2yrs n 6month.dey shud av mek it 10yrs so dat she ll do d cmplete 5yrs.

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 18, 2016
Mehn this girl is heartless. You caused an accident, came down from ur SUV dt is on top of another car, call a friend, remove ur license plate and registration details and run away. While someone was dying under ur car.

WHO does that? Mehn for dt act alone, i see why festus keyamo dropped her case. Dts just wickedness. See her face like winch!

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by shollyboy2: 9:32am On Mar 18, 2016
jidxin:
my friend she wasn't charged wit murder but if I guess rite it's gonna be... unlawfully causing death by dangerous driving nd oda minor traffic offences

No be only manslaughter sef.....DUI, Attempted murder on the other two occupant in the car, reckless driving, causing public nuisance sef,causing traffic and tampering with evidence ..so if dem join all this together its worth giving her about 10years.

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Mekurexx: 9:37am On Mar 18, 2016
This is the problem with society. If you nick up that ''celebrity'' statute and commit a crime, you are less likely to be prosecuted or even moreso sent to jail. This is also the case of a popular bollywood actor who had a ''hit and run'' incident. his victim was however a poor homeless man who died and whose family couldnt afford a lawyer. Ibinabo is unlucky because if it was an ''average citizen'' she would have walked scot free. And the lower court assigning just a 100k fine speaks volumes of how flawed the judicial system in this country is. She should serve her time or pay a hefty fine running into millions at least to cover up for the schooling and wellbeing of the children left behind. She looks arrogant and yes I believe she would be someone that will be more focused on saving her career than caring about the loss of a life

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Billygee2u: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2016
EastGold:
Stop over flogging the issue, let her go and serve her jail term, she won't be the first and the last
who is Ibinabo?
how many heads does she have?
is she above Nigerians that are in prisons?
celebrity my asssssssssssss

2 Likes

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 18, 2016
Deen77:

When you have no important person in your family, you look at other like you animal.

I don't have a killer in my family. Final answer

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 18, 2016
erudean:
I hope you are human?
Are you a killer?
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Abugab(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2016
Nollywood can do a home video on Ibinabo Goes to Jail. Part 2 will be Ibinabo: Life in Jail.
Part 3 will be Ibinabo Returns from Jail.

From the story of the late Doctor's sister, she certainly deserve more years.
Being a screen celebrity is no license to destroy lives.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by OBAGADAFFI: 10:03am On Mar 18, 2016
Muoweta:

Were where you when the news was reported in the newspapers some years ago.

Daniel Wilson is still alive as a witness

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by jidxin(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2016
shollyboy2:

No be only manslaughter sef.....DUI, Attempted murder on the other two occupant in the car, reckless driving, causing public nuisance sef,causing traffic and tampering with evidence ..so if dem join all this together its worth giving her about 10years.
lol noooo attempted murder is outta it it cant be included....
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by oladre: 10:24am On Mar 18, 2016
This is a 2006 account of the accident from http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/774/2/ibinabo-fiberesima-involved-in-fatal-traffic-accid.html

Lets not be sentimental, if you do the crime, then be prepared to do the time.

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by jidxin(m): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2016
theshaderoom:

That's manslaughter
When you unintentionally cause the death of someone my accident or mistake... usually used for drivers and doctors. The maximum punishment is life sentence.

She is even lucky to get 5years, she is supposed to get 21years if the judge doesn't want to give her life. They were still lenient
noooooo hell no derz a difference btw a manslaughter and dz issue at hand manslaughter means Manslaughter The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice.... the word intention differentiate it from death caused by reckless driving , so she cant be charged wit manslaughter.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by LaExpert: 10:41am On Mar 18, 2016
She should serve her complete jail term in a maximum security prison and made to publicly apologise.

If any 'Northern Actor(s)' feel she should be pardoned, they should all serve one year jail term on her behalf; many don't understand the trauma she has made and still making someone's family go through.

Silly egotistic woman.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by eyoniggar(m): 10:45am On Mar 18, 2016
I blv the reason why this case came up was because of the recent pictures that surfaced @ d Africa Magic Awards after party where she is seen drunk and taking pictures like the olosho who she truly is.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:47am On Mar 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
I don't know y'all problem. Someone drove under the influence of alcohol and you want her to get a free pass.....why?

If she were remorseful and if this were a muslim country, she would be allowed to walk if the family forgave her
You are right, manslaughter in Islam is forgivable but Ibinabo drove under the influence of alcohol. In Islamic countries drinking or selling alcohol is a crime.

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by lloydpras: 10:48am On Mar 18, 2016
sssob:
Muoweta:

Nothing is Fishy.

She contacted Daniel Wilson (The owner of the car she was driving) and he came with Policemen to get rid of evidence of ownership. That mofucker should also be sentenced for aiding & Abetting.

FRSC used the VIN to trace the owner.

The whole thing is under Criminal Law,The mistake she made was not apologizing publicly and compensating the Victim's family. After few years, she was a lil prominent cos she had strong affiliation with the former First Lady, she should have @least used the first lady's influence positively to let the case die.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 18, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are right, manslaughter in Islam is forgivable but Ibinabo drove under the influence of alcohol. In Islamic countries drinking or selling alcohol is a crime.

Well, she wouldn't go to jail for thatsmiley
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Leebeedo(m): 10:59am On Mar 18, 2016
If what the sister said is the truth, the she should serve her term abeg. You killed someone and expect to be free, partying like a wh0re with rabies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido Just Signed Idowest to DMW / Leo Dasilva: 'Fine Boy Like Us, Dey No Dey Rush Us because Of Heartbreak' / Kemi Olunloyo Calls Nigerians Illiterates For Referring To Her As An Ex-Convict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.