Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful (34056 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Campaign Poster For Charmain Of Okrika LG Rivers State / Dr Giwa's Sister Writes To Nigerians: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:01am On Mar 18, 2016
daretodiffer:

Well, she wouldn't go to jail for thatsmiley
Lol... Says who.
Or she would be given 100 lashes.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:01am On Mar 18, 2016
daretodiffer:

Well, she wouldn't go to jail for thatsmiley
Lol... Says who.
Or she would be given 100 lashes.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by alt3r3g0: 11:16am On Mar 18, 2016
amtaken:
You failed to understand the message I was trying to pass to you.

What happened to Ibinabo could happen to anyone.

Yes, it's good for us to do our own part but sometimes our best may not be good enough.

Don't tell me she was tipsy because you don't have any proof for that.

Like I said earlier, may God never allow such to happen to you.

Bye.

What happened to Ibinabo is completely preventable i.e by driving safely and proper car maintenance. From the investigation, there was no mechanical fault with the car. As long as it was not struck by lightning or any other force majeur activity, her own side is totally preventable.

What happened to the deceased Doctor on the other hand is what we should pray against...because we have no control of what other drivers are doing.

If every driver takes responsibility for their own safety and actions, accidents will be reduced to the barest minimum. Until then may God protect us from reckless drivers.

Just to add...I myself have been involved in an accident and it was because of overspeeding on my part (i am not going to blame the devil for it). I got down, checked on the people in the car (thank God no one got hurt), apologised and they let me go. I have since learnt from my mistake and a better driver from it...this also makes the road safer for other people i am on the road with.

3 Likes

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by PweshyNonny: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2016
erudean:

I hope you are human?

Ma dear help me ask dem? Styms I dnt undastnd humans. C dem judging s1else wen dey r worst. No she shld kill hersef dat a man died in an accident she was also a victim. The sis shld go home n rest mehn. D accident dat killed a minister hu shld b blamed?
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by bayulll011(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nuzy:
The sister of the late Dr Giwa killed by star actress Ibinabo Fiberesima who is currently serving a 5 year jaikl
http://www.naijacookies.com/2016/03/sister-of-late-dr-giwa-reveals-how.html

Am not surprised by her actions,silly pathetic woman,I CAN'T DO THaT,can u imagine the attitudes,Nigeria is really a pathetic country,I can't I imagine the emotional trauma the family is going through,she can rot in jail for all I care
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by vega84(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
See rubbishhhh ooooo, she's lucky the victims family is nt the violent type! Godforbid if is my father hmmmmm,by nw jail will be the lest of ur problem #vegatalks
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by theshaderoom: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
jidxin:
noooooo hell no derz a difference btw a manslaughter and dz issue at hand manslaughter means Manslaughter The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice.... the word intention differentiate it from death caused by reckless driving , so she cant be charged wit manslaughter.

When there is an intention it is murder! The definition i just highlighted is the defence of provocation or intoxication which can reduce murder to manslaughter. However, in a case of reckless driving and unintentionally killing someone, its manslaughter. Read your criminal code please!
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by nairamaniac: 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nuzy:
After the accident, Ibinabo left the scene of the accident without checking for any survivors, she took the license plate and registration out of the car and fled from the scene, that was considered "HIT AND RUN". The people at the scene of the accident recognized her as Ibinabo Febresima, and stated she was drunk."Driving Under Influence" of whatever she had.

I am not in support of HIT AND RUN, especially when done under the influence.
But the above part of the article doesn't add-up.

1) She was able to take the license plate away from the car and vacate the scene of the accident, without anyone approaching her.
it takes at least 10 mins to unscrew both number plates from a car, no matter what part of the body of the car it is attached to. At times, it needs a bit of professionalism to do this. I always knew the accused as an actress and not a panel-beater or mechanic.

2) SHE FLED THE SCENE. it takes a close physical nearness of an observer to figure out if one is drunk or not. at times, you need to bring your nose close to the person's breath to figure this out. At no point did this article give us an idea of any eye witness doing such.

Let me add that if the accused was devoid of remorse and placed her career over the life of her victim, based on the assessment of Giwa's sister, the narrator, then the accused deserves to be hung.
That WD be very terrible and almost unforgivable.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by soniabrenda(f): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
is she not the same woman that had an issue with Mr. IBU?
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
olu77:
If this country is going to make meaningful progress, our judiciary will have to be purged of those corrupt animals calling themselves judges. This woman ought to even serve more than 5 years.

For accidental vehicular manslaughter?!!

Your jealousy will not let you reason normally. That's what's given in the US; sometimes less as she wasn't intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.

The exact same thing happened to Bruce Jenner and he was acquitted..
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Eruditor: 3:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nigerians are extremely wicked people in heart and mind. That's my conclusion. Everyone will toss out sound reasoning to see a beautiful and successful person suffer. In fact, it gives them pleasure.

1. So Ibinabo that was coming out of Lekki Phase one all of a sudden veered off to the Ajah lane, killing someone on the other side..and then some how found her way to st. Nicolas' hospital that is in a totally different direction from Ajah.

2. So highly intoxicated Ibinabo had enough commonsense and prescence of mind to call Danny Wilson to come to help her escape. And he had enough time to summon police officers, rush to the scene..remove the plate numbers and registration, then put Ibinabo into a taxi for st. Nicolas' hospital while he went back home.

3. So all the apologies and advances Ibinabo made towards the deceased's family, to placate them, all counted for nothing. Being physically present at his funeral, making donations etc. All went unnoticed?

Wow. Nigerians are really wicked people.

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by ManTiger(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
pretydiva:
As I earlier stated before,if ibinabo had apologized n showed sign of remorse n even compensated d diseased family, it wouldn't ve degenerated 2 dis extent .

She was more concerned bout her silly career n ego. Let her face d music.
She has more than 5 years to make it right but never take the chance. She ought to spend more than 5yrs.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by ManTiger(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Eruditor:
Nigerians are extremely wicked people in heart and mind. That's my conclusion. Everyone will toss out sound reasoning to see a beautiful and successful person suffer. In fact, it gives them pleasure.

1. So Ibinabo that was coming out of Lekki Phase one all of a sudden veered off to the Ajah lane, killing someone on the other side..and then some how found her way to st. Nicolas' hospital that is in a totally different direction from Ajah.

2. So highly intoxicated Ibinabo had enough commonsense and prescence of mind to call Danny Wilson to come to help her escape. And he had enough time to summon police officers, rush to the scene..remove the plate numbers and registration, then put Ibinabo into a taxi for st. Nicolas' hospital while he went back home.

3. So all the apologies and advances Ibinabo made towards the deceased's family, to placate them, all counted for nothing. Being physically present at his funeral, making donations etc. All went unnoticed?

Wow. Nigerians are really wicked people.

NB:I urge another ignoramus of a moderator to ban me for airing my views on this matter
So lame to have such a thought. What donation? Time was on her side to appeal to the victim to drop the charges but was more interested in her career. Can donations and appearance at the funeral atone for such act of manslaughter? Think! It could be you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
olu77:
If this country is going to make meaningful progress, our judiciary will have to be purged of those corrupt animals calling themselves judges. This woman ought to even serve more than 5 years.
Everything I've always wanted to say.

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by lond07: 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ayibaba1:
I have written about this before, it baffles me how a woman, who should understand the value of life, could be so mindless of been a reason a medical director of a general hospital died. In Nigeria, the max sentence for such is 7 year jail term with no option of fine. She can take the case to anywhere, she was quilty and she will be punished.
In a sane clime, nobody will call her again for any role in a movie. She ran away after killing somebody, she cared more about her career rather than a dead breadwinner, son to an old parent etc. Each time this issue is discussed, I feel miffed and disappointed. But then, there is a bit of Fiberesima Ibinabo in every Nigerians. We have lost our value system that an artist believes she is better and more important than a medical doctor. No wonder a bread seller is esteemed more than a graduate that scored 5.00 CGPA.

Uhmmmm. True talk. Societal values and unintended consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by toprealman: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
pretydiva:
As I earlier stated before,if ibinabo had apologized n showed sign of remorse n even compensated d diseased family, it wouldn't ve degenerated 2 dis extent .

She was more concerned bout her silly career n ego. Let her face d music.
can someone please tell me her best movie lemme go and watch online. I've never seen her act but I think she must be an overrated cow.
A trip to the victims house with all manner of personalities would have ended this case many years ago.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by blackprowler: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well...five years is the maximum for a case of this nature under the law.(Ms Fiberesima was found guilty of manslaughter....not murder).

You should be writing to your lawmakers.

I think it is 7 years

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Eruditor: 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
ManTiger:

So lame to have such a thought. What donation? Time was on her side to appeal to the victim to drop the charges but was more interested in her career. Can donations and appearance at the funeral atone for such act of manslaughter? Think! It could be you.

The Victim's family didn't charge her. The state did. "State", "family" see how those words differ?
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by olu77(m): 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
og2711:

For accidental vehicular manslaughter?!!

Your jealousy will not let you reason normally. That's what's given in the US; sometimes less as she wasn't intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.

The exact same thing happened to Bruce Jenner and he was acquitted..

Ok. I agree with you that it is accidental vehicular manslaughter but I do not agree that she wasn't intoxicated because eyewitnesses clearly said she was drunk. The annoying part is she wasnt remorseful.

On October 1st 1994, right in front of a church @ 69 years old my dad was hit by a woman, the bone in his right leg was broken and visible, she ran away and it took intervention of a force man who saw what happened to arrest her a day after. She did not show any remorse even for an elderly man in pain and we footed all the bill alone. Some people don't care about the pain their action cause others.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by olu77(m): 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
amtaken:
Just pray that God will always help you to drive safely.

Amen. I am sorry if I was harsh but the account that she was drunk, not remorseful and all she care about was how to save her face is very very bad.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by olu77(m): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
MyNose:

Please be civil, don't you ever refer or address our judges the way you did in your post.

It is hard to be civil when they kept giving justice to highest bidders. If I meet a good Judge I will respect them (...and I know very few of them so I am sorry for generalising) but if even in a court room I meet a corrupt Judge I will abuse him or her. This is something I have taken personal long time ago. If you are a judge please forgive me only if you are not corrupt
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by olu77(m): 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well...five years is the maximum for a case of this nature under the law.(Ms Fiberesima was found guilty of manslaughter....not murder).

You should be writing to your lawmakers.

You are right. Thank you
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
olu77:

Ok. I agree with you that it is accidental vehicular manslaughter but I do not agree that she wasn't intoxicated because eyewitnesses clearly said she was drunk. The annoying part is she wasnt remorseful.

On October 1st 1994, right in front of a church @ 69 years old my dad was hit by a woman, the bone in his right leg was broken and visible, she ran away and it took intervention of a force man who saw what happened to arrest her a day after. She did not show any remorse even for an elderly man in pain and we footed all the bill alone. Some people don't care about the pain their action cause others.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I agree though that Ibinabo might not have sounded remorseful..

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by ManTiger(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
Eruditor:

The Victim's family didn't charge her. The state did. "State", "family" see how those words differ?
If the victim family were properly and calmly persuade, they can influence the state to drop the charges. I have seen this tricks at work, it's called "Diplomacy".
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by ManTiger(m): 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
toprealman:
can someone please tell me her best movie lemme go and watch online. I've never seen her act but I think she must be an overrated cow.
A trip to the victims house with all manner of personalities would have ended this case many years ago.
This is what i'm saying. Simple act of remorse and diplomacy could have easily halt the trial.

1 Like

Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by Eruditor: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
ManTiger:

If the victim family were properly and calmly persuade, they can influence the state to drop the charges. I have seen this tricks at work, it's called "Diplomacy".

No they can't. They are wicked and vindictive. She apologised profusely. She visited his immediate family repeatedly. She tried so hard to persuade them but they refused it because she is pretty and rich. Simple
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by sparkleRed(f): 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
I lost my dad thru accident 2 a hit and run driver according to mymom is body was terribly destroyed he was taken 2 d village d next day and buried dat was 4 yrs ago in my 200level I knw d pains I felt and myt mum went thru and u pple re sayn wat if thbe driver was caught heaven knws death would ve being d ultimate 4 him

Another one happened @ my work place the bus driver hit a colleague of mine, driver took him to d hospital himself, dude is suffering internal bleeding, d driver bus was seized and he paid 14k or so, he was allowed 2 go, dis was becos he had d human sympathy 2 even stop and take d guy to d hospital no court ish,

Now back 2 ibinabo she has no human feelings for her 2 flee d scene and cnt even apologise! Becos of ha motherfucking career she dey mad well
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by amtaken(f): 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
No evidence to prove all that. People exaggerate a lot.

olu77:

Amen. I am sorry if I was harsh but the account that she was drunk, not remorseful and all she care about was how to save her face is very very bad.
Re: Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful by ManTiger(m): 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
Eruditor:

No they can't. They are wicked and vindictive. She apologised profusely. She visited his immediate family repeatedly. She tried so hard to persuade them but they refused it because she is pretty and rich. Simple
That's very bad if that is true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel UNFollows Everybody , Delete Instagram Photos & Videos / Davido Just Signed Idowest to DMW / Leo Dasilva: 'Fine Boy Like Us, Dey No Dey Rush Us because Of Heartbreak'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.