Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review (4483 Views)

My Review Of Mtn Data Plans! / My Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6+ Nougat Update / My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by donpata(m): 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
I bought the imose xii tablet abt two weeks ago from jumia at 29500.
the below link is the specs sheet.
mobilityarena.com/imose-xii-specifications-price/

ImoseMobile started with poor marketing but i think theyve improved and were able to grab me attention with their new baby Imose x-II tab. Here's my experience with it. Ps. dont expect me to be techy cos am not.:

Design:
i think its cool and simple. No much ting here. Though i ordered pink in error. Didn’t notice till it got to me.
Brand Name:

Its not made in Nigerian. Lai! Lai! Its just a generic Chinese tab with the instruction of the Nigerian distributor that the name “Imose” be inscribed on it. Besides the inscription of the top left screen corner, and the welcome logo, there is nothing in the tab that suggest it’s made by Imose. Look how useless innjoo love-vendor their phones with customized ui, browsers, launchers and even apps. Not so with imose. Infact, the about page calls it X-II while Antutu could not even locate the name but simply called it by it’s processor- Intel. C pix below.

Boot time: takes about 1min to boot and some 10secs to shutdown.

Android version/ui:
this version is different from what i see with tecno and others. No battery % indication except one drags the notification bar 2wice. I think its simply the follow-come android version with no ui thingy. No pimping, Nothing extra.

Display:
i measured it and the screen is 10” as described but the touch glass appears ordinary. I think if it falls, its gone. So i hold it like an egg. It is also not very responsive/sensitive but that’s not an issue. The main issue is the bad display resolution. There are some pix on Facebook i barely recognize who they are. No forget it, the resolution is bad. Antutu says it’s 160ppi. Even the battery indicator by avast bat. Saver aint clear enough to see.

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by donpata(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2016
Battery: the battery is inbuilt and i think it’s above average. I lost 7% battery after playing music for 3hrs. When i watch movies, i noticed i lose 12-15% for every hour- meaning one could watch movies for 6-7hrs and still have some remaining charge. On standby? I think it can last almost 2days with very light usage.

Network: it has BT, Wifi and hotspot. 1sim card slot which is okay. I find the connectivity very okay with no issues.

Camera: wont say much here cos the screen resolution wont allow one determine how good cam is. But overall, i still think the pixs are okay though there appears to be some poster-colourlike effects on the pixs.

Speaker: speaker is cool. It’s loud. I dont want to mislead anyone esle i would say its very loud. That’s how i think abt it.

Multitask and gaming: forget it!!. Sonic boom lags even with over 360 free ram. That’s after it took a century for me to install it. I dont think it will handle resource intensive games. Though i havent tested one. Will do that soon. Plus, microsoft word lags too. It’s the only open app with over 40% free ram but when i type with the external keyboard, i have to wait for the writing to follow me. It gets frustrating when u wanna type a doc fast cos u wont be able to correct errors timely.

OTG: yes it picks some printers (printer share app), recognises, flashdrives, keyboard etc. Problem here is that i got a usb hub but i still cant use any two devices at the same time. I cant use the keyboard and a mouse, or flashdrive or even charge while typing with external keyboard.

Summary: i think its better described as a reading tablet. considering it's cheap price, its simply fairly okay. Well that’s why i bought it in the first place. sometimes, the external keyboard will stop working untill i restart. plus, it sometimes hangs, shows some distorted screen like a cracked screen then restarts. i know also that if it gets spoilt, am doomed cos i wont care suffering to send the tablet to Imose from kaduna to lagos after my experience with useless Innjoo. See its antutu score below.

Pros
i. Above average Battery
ii. Loud and clear speakers
iii. Large screen
iv. Cool simple design

Cons
i. Poor screen resolution
ii. No custom ui or apps
iii. Poor multitasking and gaming
iv. Not Naija-made as claimed
v. Long boot time
vi. Cant connect more than one otg device at once

Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by cassidy1996(m): 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
I bought one Imose touch light phone from omega trone in Benin. It was a big dissapoint. The battery life is to short. D phone nor jus join
Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by blayde(m): 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Also bought d tab when it was 27k.The resolution is ok and battery life is superb.
Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by daphid25(m): 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
Droidpad 8H still remain the best i've used.
Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by vincentico(m): 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
Imose or whatever ever driod pad 8H rules
Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by donpata(m): 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
vincentico:
Imose or whatever ever driod pad 8H rules
for tabs, I hate anything less than 10", that's y I went for the imose.
Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
donpata:
Battery: the battery is inbuilt and i think it’s above average. I lost 7% battery after playing music for 3hrs. When i watch movies, i noticed i lose 12-15% for every hour- meaning one could watch movies for 6-7hrs and still have some remaining charge. On standby? I think it can last almost 2days with very light usage.

Network: it has BT, Wifi and hotspot. 1sim card slot which is okay. I find the connectivity very okay with no issues.

Camera: wont say much here cos the screen resolution wont allow one determine how good cam is. But overall, i still think the pixs are okay though there appears to be some poster-colourlike effects on the pixs.

Speaker: speaker is cool. It’s loud. I dont want to mislead anyone esle i would say its very loud. That’s how i think abt it.

Multitask and gaming: forget it!!. Sonic boom lags even with over 360 free ram. That’s after it took a century for me to install it. I dont think it will handle resource intensive games. Though i havent tested one. Will do that soon. Plus, microsoft word lags too. It’s the only open app with over 40% free ram but when i type with the external keyboard, i have to wait for the writing to follow me. It gets frustrating when u wanna type a doc fast cos u wont be able to correct errors timely.

OTG: yes it picks some printers (printer share app), recognises, flashdrives, keyboard etc. Problem here is that i got a usb hub but i still cant use any two devices at the same time. I cant use the keyboard and a mouse, or flashdrive or even charge while typing with external keyboard.

Summary: i think its better described as a reading tablet. considering it's cheap price, its simply fairly okay. Well that’s why i bought it in the first place. sometimes, the external keyboard will stop working untill i restart. plus, it sometimes hangs, shows some distorted screen like a cracked screen then restarts. i know also that if it gets spoilt, am doomed cos i wont care suffering to send the tablet to Imose from kaduna to lagos after my experience with useless Innjoo. See its antutu score below.

Pros
i. Above average Battery
ii. Loud and clear speakers
iii. Large screen
iv. Cool simple design

Cons
i. Poor screen resolution
ii. No custom ui or apps
iii. Poor multitasking and gaming
iv. Not Naija-made as claimed
v. Long boot time
vi. Cant connect more than one otg device at once
OP you just discouraged me on getting this device. I didn't know it is just one sim, plus all the lag you mentioned above. Pls which other 10" tablet do you recommend?
Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by amnps: 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
I got one for my wife when Jumia had their fastest fingers promo around the Valentine's period for under 15k. The moment I got it and powered it up, the screen resolution was the first thing that seriously put me off. I only touch it whenever madam wants to show me something on it. That resolution is so damn old school.
Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
@ImoseMobile what do you guys have to say about the reveiws on the x-2 tab. Pls clarify. Are all these true?
Re: Just Before You Order The Imosemobile X-II Tablet.... My Review by amnps: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Seriously, if you want a budget tab, don't go near this. My wife has now given out the one I bought for her after the thing almost frustrated her.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Price Of Samsung A12 Original Screen? / Mtn Free Browsin. / Amazing!!! 100 Small Robots Used To Represent Humans In Iphone 7 Queue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.