Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions (29375 Views)

MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / SHOCKING: Nigerian Govt Sidelines NCC, Strikes Secret Deal With MTN. / Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Idrismusty97(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2016
NextGovernor:
Buhari fans last year to Feb: MTN must pay this fine because Buhari isn't taking any nonsense from anybody. New sheriff in town.

Buhari fans after hearing this news: We told you, Buhari is such an understanding man who wants the relationship of both Nigeria and South Africa.

If they eventually deny this as usual Buhari fans will be like: Wailers and IPOB always spreading nonsense and trying to blackmail this government. MTN must pay because they aren't bigger than Nigeria.

What's the way forward for Buhari supporters?
What a bobbling illiterate. No wonder GEJ lost the election, When the buck of his supporters are numb skulls why should he win? Were you a Goat in your previous life?

10 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by mentorandfriend(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2016
damesilver:

Is it craving for 'likes' that motivates them?
Many are only interested in savoring the illusory pleasure that comes with the e-recognition. The game is how fast you can be. No more depth of understanding which is usually followed by critical analysis and sound contribution.
My dear, the rate at which these present day youths in Nigeria are becoming more noisy and more shallow is alarming.

Empty heads, everywhere, bringing their ignorance to fore on every sensible discussion in the quest for likes and shares.

It beats my imagination to reason the parastatals that employ these shallow people.

7 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Teespice(f): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2016
Monimatic:
Buhari is a coward
and what are you?

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by chinchum(m): 10:53am On Mar 17, 2016
The culture of only reading headlines and making comments is now prevalent in here, it is quite annoying.

If you cant afford to ready the body of a message, but just the headline, it is fine, but i think it is foolish to make comments based on that superficial knowledge.

6 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by SamjohnnyB(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2016
I no knw how them take pass english o.
Ryabcool:
read, una no gree. See them. Typical la cram la pour for school. As una take pass waec English comprehension passage, I no know.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by kceewhyte(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2016
rusher14:
English
“It should be noted that this does not in any way extend to the fine for non-deactivation of SIM card case.

“The case of SIM card deactivation is an entirely different infraction, which is mutually exclusive to the 24 infractions now remedied.

Pidgin

Make u know say dis one and the one for Deve no be d same o.

D one wey be SIM card matter no follow join for this one. E no relate at all at all. But D one of 24 fracture dem don manage am and gofament don say no lele.
chai !!!! U are too kind

8 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by tbliss22(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2016
Why are my people this lazy to read?? The fine still hold don't you get it??

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by slinkky(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2016
It is saddening to see how it has become a difficult task for our youth to read comprehend and comment on a simple article written in a straight forward simple English.
What happens when these fellows get in to position of authority in Government or the private sector and are required to read and take decisions on voluminous and some times technical documents. No wonder we are still being governed by old men in this country.

5 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by SamjohnnyB(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2016
God bless u dear. some people are just lazy sha
Sijo01:

Indeed you are! The post is not that long. Please read it.

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by gigabyte13: 10:58am On Mar 17, 2016
NextGovernor:
Buhari fans last year to Feb: MTN must pay this fine because Buhari isn't taking any nonsense from anybody. New sheriff in town.

Buhari fans after hearing this news: We told you, Buhari is such an understanding man who wants the relationship of both Nigeria and South Africa.

If they eventually deny this as usual Buhari fans will be like: Wailers and IPOB always spreading nonsense and trying to blackmail this government. MTN must pay because they aren't bigger than Nigeria.

Simple explanation, you cant comprehend. Sanctions imposed since July 2015. What is hard for you to understand there?

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Omarz(m): 10:59am On Mar 17, 2016
Good news to us grin
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by hustla(m): 11:01am On Mar 17, 2016
Lmao idiots full this thread
Simple read and understand turn war. Later them go say 'jamb no give me my score, I , say I pass'

7 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by eddyslim(m): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2016
I never took this govt serious from day 1. Dullar-dinho in town. Toothless people
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Oketwin(m): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2016
It's now glaring dat 90% of people here don't read tru d content before racing to post Wat Eva nonsense comes to der head for Pete sake d post ain't long

2 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by wellmax(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2016
ThankGodEdeh:
Indecisive Government
Pele, you did not understand a bit of what was contained in the news item.

4 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Praktikals(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2016
NextGovernor:

It should be noted that this does not in any way extend to the fine for non-deactivation of SIM card case.
“The case of SIM card deactivation is an entirely different infraction, which is mutually exclusive to the 24 infractions now remedied."

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by wellmax(m): 11:05am On Mar 17, 2016
NextGovernor:

I am sure you did not read the part that said ""that the lifting of the regulatory sanction was in no way related to the Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card non-deactivation fine.""

2 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by wellmax(m): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2016
eddyslim:
I never took this govt serious from day 1. Dullar-dinho in town. Toothless people

Who cares, we did not take your post seriosly cos you did not read the news

2 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by wellmax(m): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2016
eddyslim:

Who cares, we did not take your post seriously cos you did not read the news

3 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by fernandoc(m): 11:14am On Mar 17, 2016
Some people in NCC are now smiling to the bank. Senior bribe
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by wristbangle: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2016
olillywales:
Mr Tony Ojobo, the Director, Public Affairs, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), said on Wednesday that the commission had lifted the sanction placed on MTN Nigeria since July 13, 2015.

Ojobo said in a statement that the regulatory sanctions were for 24 identified infractions.

It said that the lifting of the regulatory sanction was in no way related to the Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card non-deactivation fine.

“This is to confirm that NCC has lifted the regulatory sanctions placed on MTN since July 13, 2015.

“The sanctions were for 24 identified infractions which are not in any way connected with the SIM card non-deactivation fine.

“These were a number of violations discovered by the Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Team of the commission in June 2015.

“Consequent upon the inability of MTN to remedy the identified infractions, the commission invoked the sanction in its guidelines,’’ the statement quoted Ojobo as saying.

It said that the sanction meant the denial of regulatory services to the telecommunications company for failing to remedy the infractions in line with NCC’s regulations.

According to the statement, consequent upon the remediation of the 24 infractions by MTN, the regulatory body’s letter of March 14, 2016, informed the company of its decision to lift the regulatory sanction.

“It should be noted that this does not in any way extend to the fine for non-deactivation of SIM card case.

“The case of SIM card deactivation is an entirely different infraction, which is mutually exclusive to the 24 infractions now remedied.

“This has become necessary in view of the many enquiries being received from concerned stakeholders.
“This action is without prejudice to the matter which is presently in court. Please be guided accordingly,’’ it quoted Ojobo as saying.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/ncc-forgives-mtn-lifts-sanctions.html

For those throwing stone at NCC decision and PMB, the bolded is enough to understand that it's not related to the N 1.04 billion fine imposed on MTN.

It seems some generation of youths in this country today are suffering from deficiency of understanding. May God help them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by crazyclown07(m): 11:15am On Mar 17, 2016
Hypocrites in disguise
Buhari is incompetent and has totally ran out of ideas. Sucking nigga
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:16am On Mar 17, 2016
How some people take pass for school. Some peoples certificate needs to be reviewed. This is another sanction entirely Even, Mr. Ojobo stated it clearly.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 17, 2016
olillywales:
Mr Tony Ojobo, the Director, Public Affairs, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), said on Wednesday that the commission had lifted the sanction placed on MTN Nigeria since July 13, 2015.

Ojobo said in a statement that the regulatory sanctions were for 24 identified infractions.

It said that the lifting of the regulatory sanction was in no way related to the Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card non-deactivation fine.

“This is to confirm that NCC has lifted the regulatory sanctions placed on MTN since July 13, 2015.

“The sanctions were for 24 identified infractions which are not in any way connected with the SIM card non-deactivation fine.

“These were a number of violations discovered by the Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Team of the commission in June 2015.

“Consequent upon the inability of MTN to remedy the identified infractions, the commission invoked the sanction in its guidelines,’’ the statement quoted Ojobo as saying.

It said that the sanction meant the denial of regulatory services to the telecommunications company for failing to remedy the infractions in line with NCC’s regulations.

According to the statement, consequent upon the remediation of the 24 infractions by MTN, the regulatory body’s letter of March 14, 2016, informed the company of its decision to lift the regulatory sanction.

“This has become necessary in view of the many enquiries being received from concerned stakeholders.
“This action is without prejudice to the matter which is presently in court. Please be guided accordingly,’’ it quoted Ojobo as saying.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/ncc-forgives-mtn-lifts-sanctions.html

thats the main reason zuma visited Nigeria
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by dickb(m): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2016
wristbangle:

For those castigate NCC decision and abusing PMB, the bolded is enough to understand that it's not related to the N 1.04 billion fine imposed on MTN.

It seems some generation of youths in this country today are suffering from deficiency of understanding. May God help them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by wristbangle: 11:19am On Mar 17, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
How some people take pass for school. Some peoples certificate needs to be reviewed. This is another sanction entirely Even, Mr. Ojobo stated it clearly.

Bros, it's a pity that some people's intellect are too shallow to understand what NCC is trying to say. The statement is clear/concise and lacks any form of ambiguity. I don't know how some people scale through WAEC honestly.

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by mysteriousman(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2016
Sijo01:

Indeed you are! The post is not that long. Please read it.
Epic finishing

2 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by justjify(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2016
Ryabcool:
what in God's name are you saying?
It got me laughing walai, I think he is trying to say THINGS FALL APART

2 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by justjify(m): 11:25am On Mar 17, 2016
rusher14:
English

Pidgin

Make u know say dis one and the one for Deve no be d same o.

D one wey be SIM card matter no follow join for this one. E no relate at all at all. But D one of 24 fracture dem don manage am and gofament don say no lele.
Heehehehehe!
You are such a clown.
24 fracture?
For where na

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2016
greenhulk:
When I said in one of my posts that MTN will not pay sh°t people said I was stup1d. The fine was ridiculous in the first place , very unrealistic.
The people were correct. You should learn to read a post completely before you talk and refrain from consistently making a bigger fool of yourself in public.

4 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2016
MTN now return our truetalk+ or I will not forgive you,and nothing will stop me from porting.
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Ryabcool(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2016
damesilver:

Is it craving for 'likes' that motivates them?
Many are only interested in savoring the illusory pleasure that comes with the e-recognition. The game is how fast you can be. No more depth of understanding which is usually followed by critical analysis and sound contribution.
shameful to say the least

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Phone With 18 Karat Gold Cover. See Reactions (Photos) / Updated April 11 2020 Zeus Addons- Watch Supersport Channels On Koditv / The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.