Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain (4593 Views)

What Does Allah Say On Issue Of Visiting A Soothsayer In Finding Solutions / Question: Does Allah Pray To The Prophet According To Surah 33:43 And 56? / Does Allah Actually Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by sleek29(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2009
i want to be enlightened on this serious issue, Allah seems to be the same as Al-illah meaning the god as the Hebrew meaning of God reads Elah (notice one L). Please i want people with vast knowledge in arabic language to please explain why we have two L's and not one. also explain the 2 L's in abdulla, is it abd' llah or which is abd' illah. Please be objective about this.
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by olabowale(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
ilah means God, or god(s), depending on who is saying it. for Ibrahim, his son Ismail, and Hajah, his wife and mother to his son, they used to say Allah in Arabic, in Makka. there is a story in which father visited his son in Makka. the first visit, the wife of son Ismail complained bitterly to father inlaw Ibrahim, without knowing the relation and what he may advise the husband, is to leave the wife. divorce this woman who can keep your secret from a stranger; change the threshhold at the door, was te simple yet full of meaning advise.

it is permitted for son to marry without the father being present, the reason the wife did not know about Ibrahim. she complained about what they used to eat; meat and bread, and drink is only zam zam water. Ibrahim left a prophetic message for his son about the must divorce this wife. the wife delivered the message and Ismail divorced her.

Ismail married another wife, and Ibrahim visited again when Ismail was not in. Ibrahim askes about their diet and the woman said Alhamdulillah(thank The God), the food that they eat is quite adequate. Ibrahim left a prophetic message with the wife, in this case for the husband to keep her and never divorce her. note that during the lifetime of Ibrahim, though the Kaaba was built by him and with the help of son Ismail, there was not a single idol (god) in its vicinity or in it. unless you wanna say that Ibrahim left one idolatry society and start another one for himself, with son Ismail being the leader of Makkan version of this new idolatry, then, Ibrahim, son, etc, as distinct generations worshipped in the Kaaba located in Makka, practicing their own basic form of Islam that was revealed to them in their official prophetic roles. that islam must have ended when idolatry became the official religion of the people, from islam of no idol in Kaaba to 360 idols of idolatry, until Muhammad(AS) became a prophet, raised in Makka.

the Kaaba idol free structue must have a name of The God, Allah attached to it, while worshipping, since it is believed as the first house built for the sole purpose of worshipping the one true Lord, The God. we also must know that the yemeni tribe which later settled in this land along with Ismail, from which he married twice, at least, in my above statement, used to speak a form of dialect or language that was later adopted by the whole of Makka! that language is Arabic, which is another semetic language, similar to Syric, Hebrew, etc. Afterall, we know that an accented form of Allah was spoken by Isa bin Mariam, calling The God, Eloi! look at the similarity; Allah and Eloi.

look at the similarity, Isa, to yeshua/yesa.

look at the similarity Mariam, to Maria/Mariama.

now, it is not impossible for Ibrahim to speak Arab as he must have had plenty of contact with the arabs business people, all over the trading routes, with their presence in his founded city, Makka/Bakka, being headed by his son, Ismail. i only provided two visits to disproof the notion that he, Ibrahim just threw Ismail and his mother out on their seats, and never look back, according to the biblical narrative. he did not listen to Sarah either, nor did Sarah asked for the sending away of only son and younger co-wife. if she had, she would have been called by the muslims to be an evil woman, wife and later mother. and no muslim woman would have been named after her. afterall, no muslim is named after cain, the killer. so an oppressor is just as bad as a killer, if not worse!

now, back to my analysis; idolatry was going on in all cultures of the world, then and still continues by islamic definition, even tody. so the idolators of arabs before they began to bring their idols to KAaba in Makka, the new central and uniting place for all in the area, they called their idols their gods, and not The God, knowing fully well that there is still The God that they cannot see, The Creator, etc. so they used the idol as the middle entity, in their dealing with Him, the same way that the christians use Jesus for. so it is ilah that is used for gods, the ilah of fertility, is different from the ilah of war, and that is different from that of journey, and so on. but these people, as i have said, again know that their Creator does exist and they cant see Him. so they dont know how to make Him. He was simply called Allah; The God, with a capital, instead of lower case 'g!'.

Every society has her idol worshippers, and when pressed, they know The God exists, and it is not their ifa, or ogun, or shango, or orisha! these are some of yoruba idols, which are quite different from Eledumare/Oluwa/Olorun/Eleda (The God).
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by sleek29(m): 9:00am On Jul 22, 2009
olabowale:

ilah means God, or god(s), depending on who is saying it. for Ibrahim, his son Ismail, and Hajah, his wife and mother to his son, they used to say Allah in Arabic, in Makka. there is a story in which father visited his son in Makka. the first visit, the wife of son Ismail complained bitterly to father inlaw Ibrahim, without knowing the relation and what he may advise the husband, is to leave the wife. divorce this woman who can keep your secret from a stranger; change the threshhold at the door, was te simple yet full of meaning advise.

it is permitted for son to marry without the father being present, the reason the wife did not know about Ibrahim. she complained about what they used to eat; meat and bread, and drink is only zam zam water. Ibrahim left a prophetic message for his son about the must divorce this wife. the wife delivered the message and Ismail divorced her.

Ismail married another wife, and Ibrahim visited again when Ismail was not in. Ibrahim askes about their diet and the woman said Alhamdulillah(thank The God), the food that they eat is quite adequate. Ibrahim left a prophetic message with the wife, in this case for the husband to keep her and never divorce her. note that during the lifetime of Ibrahim, though the Kaaba was built by him and with the help of son Ismail, there was not a single idol (god) in its vicinity or in it. unless you wanna say that Ibrahim left one idolatry society and start another one for himself, with son Ismail being the leader of Makkan version of this new idolatry, then, Ibrahim, son, etc, as distinct generations worshipped in the Kaaba located in Makka, practicing their own basic form of Islam that was revealed to them in their official prophetic roles. that islam must have ended when idolatry became the official religion of the people, from islam of no idol in Kaaba to 360 idols of idolatry, until Muhammad(AS) became a prophet, raised in Makka.

the Kaaba idol free structue must have a name of The God, Allah attached to it, while worshipping, since it is believed as the first house built for the sole purpose of worshipping the one true Lord, The God. we also must know that the yemeni tribe which later settled in this land along with Ismail, from which he married twice, at least, in my above statement, used to speak a form of dialect or language that was later adopted by the whole of Makka! that language is Arabic, which is another semetic language, similar to Syric, Hebrew, etc. Afterall, we know that an accented form of Allah was spoken by Isa bin Mariam, calling The God, Eloi! look at the similarity; Allah and Eloi.

look at the similarity, Isa, to yeshua/yesa.

look at the similarity Mariam, to Maria/Mariama.

now, it is not impossible for Ibrahim to speak Arab as he must have had plenty of contact with the arabs  business people, all over the trading routes, with their presence in his founded city, Makka/Bakka, being headed by his son, Ismail. i only provided two visits to disproof the notion that he, Ibrahim just threw Ismail and his mother out on their seats, and never look back, according to the biblical narrative. he did not listen to Sarah either, nor did Sarah asked for the sending away of only son and younger co-wife. if she had, she would have been called by the muslims to be an evil woman, wife and later mother. and no muslim woman would have been named after her. afterall, no muslim is named after cain, the killer. so an oppressor is just as bad as a killer, if not worse!

now, back to my analysis; idolatry was going on in all cultures of the world, then and still continues by islamic definition, even tody. so the idolators of arabs before they began to bring their idols to KAaba in Makka, the new central and uniting place for all in the area, they called their idols their gods, and not The God, knowing fully well that there is still The God that they cannot see, The Creator, etc. so they used the idol as the middle entity, in their dealing with Him, the same way that the christians use Jesus for. so it is ilah that is used for gods, the ilah of fertility, is different from the ilah of war, and that is different from that of journey, and so on. but these people, as i have said, again know that their Creator does exist and they cant see Him. so they dont know how to make Him. He was simply called Allah; The God, with a capital, instead of lower case 'g!'.

Every society has her idol worshippers, and when pressed, they know The God exists, and it is not their ifa, or ogun, or shango, or orisha! these are some of yoruba idols, which are quite different from Eledumare/Oluwa/Olorun/Eleda (The God).

You spoke the truth Illah means God while Allah or Al-illah means The-God, that makes it easy for me, why would there it be the God and not just ''God'' putting the in front of a title means you have others with that same title like the arabs before mohammed had al-illat (the goddess) ,al-uzza,al-manat (satanic verses).and you're supposed to say God' and not ''The God'' as i can not say ''The olabowale'' but just ''olabowale'' because its just one of you but i can say'' the man'' as there are lots of men around

The word ''God'' is a title which belongs to one alone and so you can't put ''The'' in front of it (simple english) except ur using it to describe something(attribute)  for example The God of creation(which still makes it sound as though you have other gods,its still supposed to be ''God of creation'', when you chant allahu akbar it means the God is the greatest not God is great which places God on a level not comparable to any other as the first and actual statement muslims make everyday is that some gods are great but he's the greatest

You can say long live[b] the king[/b] because there are lots of kings but its wrong to say ''the God'' all the time as we cant say ''the Jesus''.

and you were saying things like ''the illah of fertility''(notice you put ''the'' in front of it making it allah) but when you say ''God of fertility'', you can then say ''God of creation'' as if you do you referring to the same one but if you want to make the distinction you say ''The god of fertility'' and ''the god of creation'' that tells me you're talking about two people.

and olorun does not mean ''the God'' but means ''Heavenly being,someone who's above every other'' orun means heaven and olorun means ''Heavenly'' which is an adjective, and when you say olorun-mi it can be translated as ''My Heavenly Father'' or Olorunwa ''Our Heavenly Father''

Oluwa can be translated as ''God'' without ''The'' in front of it, for example'' ti oluwa ni ile, ati gbogbo ekun re'' All things belong to God and not all things belong to The God.

allah is not God but the god
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by Maykelly(f): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2009
don't make matter worst. allah in mus.lim is never God. but Allah in Christian without sharia is Mighty God.
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by ronkeenuf(f): 10:58am On Jul 22, 2009
sleek29:

You spoke the truth Illah means God while Allah or Al-illah means The-God, that makes it easy for me, why would there it be the God and not just ''God'' putting the in front of a title means you have others with that same title like the arabs before mohammed had al-illat (the goddess) ,al-uzza,al-manat (satanic verses).and you're supposed to say God' and not ''The God'' as i can not say ''The olabowale'' but just ''olabowale'' because its just one of you but i can say'' the man'' as there are lots of men around

The word ''God'' is a title which belongs to one alone and so you can't put ''The'' in front of it (simple english) except ur using it to describe something(attribute) for example The God of creation(which still makes it sound as though you have other gods,its still supposed to be ''God of creation'', when you chant allahu akbar it means the God is the greatest not God is great which places God on a level not comparable to any other as the first and actual statement muslims make everyday is that some gods are great but he's the greatest

You can say long live[b] the king[/b] because there are lots of kings but its wrong to say ''the God'' all the time as we cant say ''the Jesus''.

and you were saying things like ''the illah of fertility''(notice you put ''the'' in front of it making it allah) but when you say ''God of fertility'', you can then say ''God of creation'' as if you do you referring to the same one but if you want to make the distinction you say ''The god of fertility'' and ''the god of creation'' that tells me you're talking about two people.

and olorun does not mean ''the God'' but means ''Heavenly being,someone who's above every other'' orun means heaven and olorun means ''Heavenly'' which is an adjective, and when you say olorun-mi it can be translated as ''My Heavenly Father'' or Olorunwa ''Our Heavenly Father''

Oluwa can be translated as ''God'' without ''The'' in front of it, for example'' ti oluwa ni ile, ati gbogbo ekun re'' All things belong to God and not all things belong to The God.

allah is not God but the god

Olabowale is not one, there are many other Olabowales around just like Jesus is not one cos there are many other men who bear Jesus. if you read the post titled 'The Root Words of Allah" you would see that Allahuakbar can only best be translated in English as God is the greatest but in arabic there is no comparism. if you know a little about language and translation, you would not have a problem with understanding the word Allah. If the christians had a problem with calling God Allah in Arabic they would simpliy call him Illah.

May kelly:

don't make matter worst. allah in mus.lim is never God. but Allah in Christian without sharia is Mighty God.

Yeah right undecided

all of this is just a matter of fundamentals of tranlation and please lets not start repeating issues cos this is already discussed.
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by sleek29(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2009
ronkeenuf:

Olabowale is not one, there are many other Olabowales around just like Jesus is not one cos there are many other men who bear Jesus. if you read the post titled 'The Root Words of Allah" you would see that Allahuakbar can only best be translated in English as God is the greatest but in arabic there is no comparism. if you know a little about language and translation, you would not have a problem with understanding the word Allah. If the christians had a problem with calling God Allah in Arabic they would simpliy call him Illah.

all of this is just a matter of fundamentals of tranlation and please lets not start repeating issues cos this is already discussed.

again you deviate from the truth, it means the god not God and i cant say ''the olabowale''as its a name, a[b]nd i can't start a title held by just a single person with ''the''.[/b]
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 22, 2009
@ op, i thought you are a former Muslim, did you know so little about your religion before you 'converted' ? cheesy cheesy
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by sleek29(m): 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2009
oyb:

@ op, i thought you are a former Muslim, did you know so little about your religion before you 'converted' ? cheesy cheesy

thats not the point here,don't deviate,just explain, i'm not surprised as you can't explain it and i asked the so called scholars this same question when i was a muslim but cldn't get a straight answer, but there is no answer, allah is a moon god(original name HUBAL) who has a wife allat and little daughters. al-uzza, al-manat
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by Nezan(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
sleek29:

i'm not surprised as you can't explain it and i asked the so called scholars this same question when i was a muslim but cldn't get a straight answer

Of course the answer is obvious, allah=al + ilah=the god, not God grin grin
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by littleb(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2009
@nezan,sleek29

Your translation of ALLAH to mean "THE GOD" is very wrong in all phases of arabic analysis.
In the whole of quranic concept, a single modification of charater could change the meaning of the translation, that is why Islam is very cautious when it comes to pronounciation of words, especially when reciting quran. The similarity is found in yoruba language, for e.g the word 'OJO'; if not punctuated, it can means three different things. In the whole of Quranic text, there is no where you will find the word al-ilah. Wherever character 'l' is preceded or join to 'ALLAH' it is used as a tie and not as definite article. For example in 'lilahi-lamdu', meaning, to God be the adoration/thanks. The same thing in yoruba language, there is nothing like 'THE OLORUN'. NO definte article.

In pre-islamic period, ALLAH was ever used to desscribe GOD in arab land as the supreme diety, the same way yoruba called GOD, OLORUN. However, in the these two similar traditions, there existed their local idols which they worshipped but they belief all these idols are only intermidiary. There existed a yoruba reference to this. This is very obviuos when chanting IFA oratory that there exist unseen GOD, which is the supreme diety. The same applicable to pagans of arab in pre-islamic period, they belief all their idols were intermidiary. Moreso, Jews and christians had surfaced in arab-land before Islam, they used the same ALLAH to describe GOD.

When it comes to translation and formulation of word, there are times, differences, due to the speakers, different cultural and social structures, the results in each language differ in several respects. 'ilah', means god in english, 'illahi' means gods. There are 99 artributes of GOD according to Islam, there are some, when pronounced, e.g as-salam, a-rahman. In the word ALAH, when analyse from linguistic point of view. The first alif is not punctated(that is, no fat'a ), to preserve the root word LAH. IN the Quranic analysis, if alif is added with fat'a, it becomes singular, no plurality. Does why from all arabic linquistists, they describe GOD as it been used in the Quran as the best representation because of its uniqueness. It's is a weak analysis, to literarily translate ALLAH to mean THE GOD; if it is, then one need to translate 'THE GOD' to other languages to know that definite article, 'THE' does not serve any purpose. Additionally, the first alif, does not take kesrah except when it joins to another word from Quranic presentation, this makes Quran usage of the word to clear from all aspect of linguistic analysis to preserve the uniqueness and oneness of GOD.
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by sleek29(m): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2009
The term Allāh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʼilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God" (ho theos monos).[4] Cognates of the name "Allāh" exist in other Semitic languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic.[3] The corresponding Aramaic form is אֱלָהָא ʼĔlāhā in Biblical Aramaic and ܐܰܠܳܗܳܐ ʼAlâhâ or ʼĀlōho in Syriac.

The contraction of al- and ʼilāh in forming the term Allāh ("the god", masculine form) parallels the contraction of al- and ʼilāha in forming the term Allāt ("the goddess", feminine form).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by littleb(m): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2009
When moving from one language to another. It goes beyond literary translation. One needs to understand the rules(syntax and semantic) guiding the language for one's analysis to seem useful. However, people who argue blindly and present false claim are mostly fundamentally biased just to suit a purpose. Language issue need to be addressed from linquistic,cultural and historical usage.

"The use of the word " ALLAH" In Arabic

In Arabic language, the word "ALLAH", as mentioned in the article, refers to God and is the proper name of God almighty. It is mentioned in the article that it is derived from the article "al" (the) and "illah" (god) giving the meaning of "the God". Such derivation is doubtful and probably non-existant. This is supported by the absence of feminine forms and pleural forms. The word "allat" is not the feminine form but was a name of a statue worshiped by pre-Islam Arabs. Muslims will Refer to God as "ALLAH". He is the one and the only God, and to them any mentioning of God, divinity, lord or any other word suggesting or meaning God is by default referring to "ALLAH". 89.189.70.77 (talk) 20:16, 18 December 2008 (UTC)

Actually, the claim that Allah is NOT derived from al at-ta'riif + 'ilaah is the one lacking in support. It has two fatal flaws:

1 - If the word Allah is Arabic, it must have a jidhr. If it does not, it is not Arabic. So if Allah is not from hamza-laam-haa, what is its jidhr according to you?

2 - If the word Allah is not from al + ilaah how do you explain that it takes Sarf but not tanwiin, that is, why does it take the case endings of a ma'rifa (definite noun) if it is an Arabic masculine proper name? Since the word predates the advent of MuHammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) you cannot give a theological argument for the discrepancy here.

Look: muHammad-un, muHammad-an, muHammad-in --- these are the case endings of a normal Arabic masculine proper noun. Why, then, do we say Allah-u, Allah-a, Allah-i? If the name was neither masculine nor definite it would be mamnuu' min aS-Sarf and we would say Allah-u Allah-a Allah-a.
"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Allah

Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by littleb(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2009
@nezan,

In my previous response, I think address a little about linguistic view of the word ALLAH. From what you can see on the comment in wiki. I will try to explain some terms here, derivation of word allat came from culture. When ALLAH was formed, there was nothing attached to it. This is authoritative statement, it was cultural derivation, that brings allat.  ALLAT is used to describe a statue. ALLAH is unseen GOD, such was the believe from ancient, just the way Yoruba belief in IFA when consulting Orunmila.  I don't know how much you vast with yoruba culture? And I don't know if you undego any arabic linguistic class or you need probably you need help in arabic formulation and translation.

In other words, lets take for e.g
When you called, "THE CREATOR" in arabic it means Al-alq. Does it means that there are other creators apart from GOD? Then, move to yoruba language, THE CREATOR=ELEDA.
- There is no definite article attached to it.
- In Quranic presentation, there is nothing like "the goddess" or "the GOD" from fathia to Naas.
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
May kelly came here to say the christian Allah means God but not the muslim Allah.
What on earth??
Look, even if it means 'The God' or not, that is still the Arabic translation of God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Even if the Arabs choose to refer to God in their language as 'The God', it does not change the meaning to any other thing. Sentence structures differ in different languages, the way verbs and nouns are used in sentences also differ.
Before the revelation of the Qur'an in the world, the Arabic word for God was still Allah.
Your wikipedia definition of Allah says the Biblical 'Eloha' and Syriac 'Alaha' are cognates of Allah. If a word is a cognate of another word, it means that word has the same origin as the other, therefore Alaha, Elaha and Allah all have the same origin. They all come from one original word, with one meaning, even if their pronounciations are different. So Islam did not invent any new god.
Even the Arabic speaking christians call the God they worship, Allah.

1 Like

Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by littleb(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2009
fellis:

May kelly came here to say the christian Allah means God but not the muslim Allah.
What on earth??
Look, even if it means 'The God' or not, that is still the Arabic translation of God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Even if the Arabs choose to refer to God in their language as 'The God', it does not change the meaning to any other thing. Sentence structures differ in different languages, the way verbs and nouns are used in sentences also differ.
Before the revelation of the Qur'an in the world, the Arabic word for God was still Allah.
Your wikipedia definition of Allah says the Biblical 'Eloha' and Syriac 'Alaha' are cognates of Allah. If a word is a cognate of another word, it means that word has the same origin as the other, therefore Alaha, Elaha and Allah all have the same origin. They all come from one original word, with one meaning, even if their pronounciations are different. So Islam did not invent any new god.
Even the Arabic speaking christians call the God they worship, Allah.

True talk my brother, even the biblical translators could not differ in this. No other word could be used to mean GOD in arabic than ALLAH.
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2009
^^^^No problem.
I wonder if this is the reason OP converted.
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by Frizy(m): 8:02am On Jul 23, 2009

If you could but see when the angels at the point of death say unto the disbelievers (in Allah, the God and Ordainer of the Shariah):" Saying, yield your souls" and it would be taken in great anguish, then will the disbeliever (namely you) would say, "Had I known, that I should not be among the scornful, in the life of the world, or can I be returned back." But Allah your Lord is not a tyrant over His slaves, but you were proud and rejected Him, therefore, He will gather you all unto hell for your unbelief!!! An hapless journey's end. angry
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 23, 2009
^^^You mind May kelly? grin grin
Even when they see it like this, clearly explained, no coma anywhere, they would still look for one avenue, whether ridiculous or sensible, to try to discredit the truth and continue wallowing in darkness.
BTW, Why have those christians not come back to this thread?
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by sleek29(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2009
allah=al-illah = the god, allat,al-uzza, al-manat are his daughters and his original name is hubal (moon god),that explains the crescent moon you have in mosques and even one of the freemasons symbols,the fez cap has the crescent moon with an arabian sword on it, open your eyes.
Re: What Does Allah Mean, God Or The god Please Explain by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2009
@sleek, be careful, what you say about Allah, because even your fellow christians would testify that Allah means God.
And, that God is the God of the heavens and the earth, not just moon god as you claim.
In the Qur'an, surah 41:37,
'And of His signs are the night and day and the sun and moon. Do not prostrate to the sun or to the moon, but prostrate to Allah, who created them. If it should be Him that you worship.'
And how can A God that reigns over only the moon claim to have created the sun (which is superior to the moon) as well? And then prohibit worshipping the moon?
Regarding the origin of the crescent and star in Islam, the symbol had been in use even before the revelation of the Qur'an began. The crescent was a symbol of the Sabaens and the Sassanian Empire of Persia. After the Arab conquest of that Empire, those symbols were gradually adopted by later Caliphates and Muslim rulers as an established and recognized symbol of power in Western Asia.
Some flags from the Middle east and North Africa also make use of those symbols and this confirms their widespread use in that region. One of the flags bearing the symbols is the flag of Tunisia. When the rule of the Ottoman Empire ended, Turkey was the only muslim state regarded as a world power at the time. Its flag was known from west Africa to the far East and helped to popularize the crescent and star among the muslim countries of Asia and Africa.
The crescent was originally a secular symbol of authority for Muslim rulers but it is now used to symbolize the Islamic faith although it was not a symbol used for Islam by Muhammad(SAW) or any other early muslim rulers since Islam is against appointing 'holy symbols' because Muslim Authorities did not want any geometric symbols to be used to symbolize Islam the way the cross symbolizes Christianity.
And lastly, if Islam is all about the worship of the 'moon god' as you claim, why is there no record of any thing regarding how muslims worship the 'moon god' in the Qur'an or Hadith? Why are all the sources propaganda websites?

(1)

Things To Avoid In Dhul Hijjah / Polygamy / The Return Of Jesus Christ According To The Quran And The Hadith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.