Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? (2305 Views)

How Much Does A Veterinary Doctor Earns In Nigeria / MBA Or MED Or Pgd,msc / Veterinary Medical Aspirants And Practitioners Home & Abroad: Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by sandro105(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2016
am a student of year 2 studying science laboratory technology in a polytechnic,I wrote jamb dis year and it was good, now m confused ..am an average student, not a genius but I knw Hw 2 cope in my academiks .

Microbiology is not accredited in the UNI I choose?
the 2 better options are MBBS or Vet Med?
its a career decision!!!
I need ur advice,no insult pls

cc: lalasticalala,seun,fynestboi
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by yomalex(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
sandro105:
am a student of year 2 studying science laboratory technology in a polytechnic,I wrote jamb dis year and it was good, now m confused ..am an average student, not a genius but I knw Hw 2 cope in my academiks .

Microbiology is not accredited in the UNI I choose?
the 2 better options are MBBS or Vet Med?
its a career decision!!!
I need ur advice,no insult pls

cc: lalasticalala,seun,fynestboi
since you can cope and you are in Nigeria go for MBBS to get the full benefit of your 6 years better pay, prestige etc
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
if u can cope medicine is good, since dey only award two grade in medicine( distinction and pass)
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by sandro105(m): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2016
Sadia1992:
if u can cope medicine is good, since dey only award two grade in medicine( distinction and pass)
Thanks 4 d advice!!!
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by jenkini(m): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2016
I a vet but human medicine is regarded as more prestigious. In terms of difficulty vet medicine is just as difficult if not more difficult. If you were my sister I will advice human medicine cos you get a better start career wise. If your father is rich I'll say go for veterinary medicine cos if he sets you up you can easily become independent as a business person. There are times I've wished I studied human medicine cos I've realized we are producing half baked doctors in nigeria and my knowledge as a vet I realize I am better at trouble shooting than a regular medic. medics are trained to follow protocols we vets are trained to think out of the box. In general we make better doctors, but from a career point of view in Nigeria I still advice you go for human medicine if you not brave enough to enter an uncharted territory

2 Likes

Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by sandro105(m): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
jenkini:
I a vet but human medicine is regarded as more prestigious. In terms of difficulty vet medicine is just as difficult if not more difficult. If you were my sister I will advice human medicine cos you get a better start career wise. If your father is rich I'll say go for veterinary medicine cos if he sets you up you can easily become independent as a business person. There are times I've wished I studied human medicine cos I've realized we are producing half baked doctors in nigeria and my knowledge as a vet I realize I am better at trouble shooting than a regular medic. medics are trained to follow protocols we vets are trained to think out of the box. In general we make better doctors, but from a career point of view in Nigeria I still advice you go for human medicine if you not brave enough to enter an uncharted territory
Thanks bro/sir really appreciate ur comment!!
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Bro, you dont have to be a genius to study either of them. I personally would suggest you do MBBS and you work hard cos it will pay off in the end, And i pray God guides you.
Cheers

Uncle Jojo
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by sandro105(m): 8:56am On Mar 19, 2016
joeblaze:
Bro, you dont have to be a genius to study either of them. I personally would suggest you do MBBS and you work hard cos it will pay off in the end, And i pray God guides you.
Cheers

Uncle Jojo
Thanks bro jojo #lol
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
Vet Medicine if u really love it. Interest outweigh any other factors you may think about.
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by mandmis007(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
sandro105:

Thanks bro/sir really appreciate ur comment!!
Tnx. I quite agree cuz a friend read vet. N I knw his prospects.
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by Nobody: 10:40am On May 01, 2017
Choose based on interest. Do you want to treat humans or you want to care for vet patients. Follow your passion and make a career out of it.
Re: Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? by mandmis007(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2017
eni4real:
Choose based on interest. Do you want to treat humans or you want to care for vet patients. Follow your passion and make a career out of it.
Humans bros, human patients! Tnx.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cadbury Test / 6 Reasons You Should NOT Marry A Female Accountant. / The Nigerian Military Ranks – Army, Navy And Airforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.