Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria (2218 Views)

620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise / Meet Onayemi Temitope Timothy, Hunter With Bsc. And Msc. In Criminology / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hello my brother is about to leave for ireland but recently got a job MRS oil plc Nigeria with salary of 350 k monthly ..he intend studying Msc international bussiness at griffith college with hope if settling there via 2 year post study visa pls want your advice forumites

1 Like

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by NeilOssai(m): 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
My guy if the job at MRS is 100% secured I advice him to stay in 9ja n work. MSc in Ireland does not give guarantee that you will have a job oooo. MSc in Heaven or in Earth na same thing my guy. the main thing is putting food on your table.

5 Likes

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by OneCorner: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ireland. So u will be snapping fine fine pictures to post on Facebook

6 Likes

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
NeilOssai:
My guy if the job at MRS is 100% secured I advice him to stay in 9ja n work. MSc in Ireland does not give guarantee that you will have a job oooo. MSc in Heaven or in Earth na same thing my guy. the main thing is putting food on your table.
100 percent ,offer letter sent

1 Like

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by NeilOssai(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
100 percent ,offer letter sent
He can defer his admission in Ireland to say one year. Then work in MRS to be sure of its security. within that one yr he will know the best part to take.

3 Likes

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Kampack: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
I had a good job in 9ja some yrs back, while on the job, I got an MSc offer in the UK, the thrill of travelling abroad got the better of me and I resigned! I dumped my job and travelled to the UK. Yes, I had a nice experience seeing the other part of the world and seeing what an organised society looked like. But let me tell you the truth, I became poorer. There are no jobs in UK/Europe, and your colour even makes it worse! I regretted leaving my job that was paying my bills! I then hated everything about the UK and came back. I came back even without a penny, broken and now trying to pick up my pieces.

My advice: Never leave a job that pays your bill, especially if it's a secure job, for an overseas exploration.

Na who get money, the world values!

16 Likes

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by ODUWOLE111178: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT TRAINING – IKEJA & IKOYI CENTERS

Build A Job-Ready Career As Website Developer. Learn to Create Professional & Functional Websites.
Get Tutored and Mentored by Experts who have developed hundreds of Websites, Web/Mobile Apps

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- 100% Practical Training from WEB DEVELOPMENT Experts
- Basics of GRAPHICS DESIGN Training
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (THEY USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2018
Kampack:
I had a good job in 9ja some yrs back, while on the job, I got an MSc offer in the UK, the thrill of travelling abroad got the better of me and I resigned! I dumped my job and travelled to the UK. Yes, I had a nice experience seeing the other part of the world and seeing what an organised society looked like. But let me tell you the truth, I became poorer. There are no jobs in UK/Europe, and your colour even makes it worse! I regretted leaving my job that was paying my bills! I then hated everything about the UK and came back. I came back even without a penny, broken and now trying to pick up my pieces.

My advice: Never leave a job that pays your bill, especially if it's a secure job, for an overseas exploration.

tanks

1 Like

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Segunagagu(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
Kampack:

Kaii!!!!! This is deeep oooooo..am dead..am crying o
Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by jesmond3945: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kampack:

what did you study? You cannot say there are no jobs when I see people here getting jobs. The reason why is difficult is because of the EU rules which would soon change.
Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Kampack: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
jesmond3945:
what did you study? You cannot say there are no jobs when I see people here getting jobs. The reason why is difficult is because of the EU rules which would soon change.
that was durig the 2009 recession that rocked UK. Lots of bankrupt EU citizens from Greece, Bulgaria, Spain, etc flooded UK and the employment regulations were reviewed to favour Brits first, then EU citizens. If any employer wants to employ a non - EU then he must have sufficient proofs that no one else is qualified for that position or face sanctions of up to 20million pounds. In most cases, there was always someone from the UK or EU fit for any advertised vacancy. Some employers even feared taking non EUs. It was though! Anyway, I heard things are getting better now...I think Brexit was a nice move!

1 Like

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by jesmond3945: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kampack:

that was durig the 2009 recession that rocked UK. Lots of bankrupt EU citizens from Greece, Bulgaria, Spain, etc flooded UK and the employment regulations were reviewed to favour Brits first, them EU citizens. If any employer wants to employ a non - EU then he must have sufficient proofs that no one else is qualified for that position or face sanctions of up to 20million pounds. In most cases, there was always someone from the UK or EU fit for any advertised vacancy. Some employers even feared taking non EUs. It was though! Anyway, I heard things are getting better now...I think Brexit was a nice move!
yea I am the first to like your post.
Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 28, 2018
Take the job while you do online masters from the comfort of your home

1 Like

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2018
Good luck both are good
Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Femolacaster(m): 9:10am On Dec 29, 2018
Lord I pray for good job in year 2019!
Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Femolacaster(m): 9:12am On Dec 29, 2018
Lord I pray for good job in year 2019!
@op, I will advise you to weigh the two options well b4 taking decision.

1 Like

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
He should accept the job offer. Get like 4 to 5 experience in Oil and Gas. By then, his salary may be circa 500k. Then he should jet out of the country for Msc preferably England. With strong intent of finding experienced hire jobs in the first year. But instead of being at the salary negotiation meeting issuing requests for high pay. He should negotiate for salary slashes, like if the job is £3000 per month, he should offer to take £2500 and he should clearly state that he is planning to learn and grow with the coy.

Do not travel without experience hence na Amazon Warehouse you go end grin, or if you fit stay for cold get Security Jobs but if you fit, get care givers job...All I know is that you will stilll be calling home and forming Irish scent but if they say make you send money, you go dey rub body. cry

2 Likes

Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by speedyconnect3: 8:17am On Dec 30, 2018
Possessedchild:
He should accept the job offer. Get like 4 to 5 experience in Oil and Gas. By then, his salary may be circa 500k. Then he should jet out of the country for Msc preferably England. With strong intent of finding experienced hire jobs in the first year. But instead of being at the salary negotiation meeting issuing requests for high pay. He should negotiate for salary slashes, like if the job is £3000 per month, he should offer to take £2500 and he should clearly state that he is planning to learn and grow with the coy.

Do not travel without experience hence na Amazon Warehouse you go end grin, or if you fit stay for cold get Security Jobs but if you fit, get care givers job...All I know is that you will stilll be calling home and forming Irish scent but if they say make you send money, you go dey rub body. cry

This amazon or caregiver jobs got me thinking.
Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2018
speedyconnect3:

This amazon or caregiver jobs got me thinking.

You don't need to think about what I proposed if he does not have good roadmap for survival. shocked

Because it is what Nigerians without plan travelling to UK resort to doing.

My neighbour did caregiver job for years before he married. undecided

Some na chemical factory, some na chicken factory. embarassed

Leave o, Nigerians are not trying in UK. cry
Re: Msc In Ireland Or 350 K Job In Nigeria by jabor4Naija(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
Bro pls take d job and c where it takes u, d company might end up sending u abroad as time goes on. So its a win win situation, i pray God guides u on d right path

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn Money Simply By Getting Disqualified From Surveys (Step By Step) / 6 Skills To Learn To Earn Some Cash / Industrial Statistics In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.