Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,287 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria (32626 Views)

10 Most Dangerous Beaches In The World (never Visit Them) - Content Summary / Fun-seekers Besiege Lagos Beaches Despite Recession (Photos) / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by SageTravels: 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
Despite the fact that the beaches listed below are the best in Nigeria, none of them are among the top beaches in Africa. This is not because there are not good but because Nigeria is not known for its coastlines. Nigeria is blessed with beautiful beaches with golden sand and beautiful seashores that are good for picnic, sunbathing and other activities. The best time to visit any of these beaches is during the dry season when the water has reduced.

So sit back and relax as I unveil the top 8 best beaches we have in Nigeria. So if you’re looking for a scenic environment, a nice place for beach party or beach wedding, cool spot for picnic, sunbathing, swimming etc. search no more as I will be unveiling the top 8 beaches to have all your beach need met. One of the major challenges facing these beaches is lack of infrastructures.

Elegushi beach, Lagos State
If you are looking for a beach with adventure, enough partying, enough groove. You no Lagos na *Wink*. This is the beach for you my dear. But if you’re the type that love to be alone, you don’t wat disturbance seriously this beach don’t make this beach your top priority. Elegushi Beach is located around Ikate, Lagos. It’s is on the peninsula. The beach is expensive so I would advise if you’re going to the beach you should go with your ATM

Unwana/Ndibe Golden Sand Beach, Ebonyi State
Unwana and Ndibe golden sand beaches are located in two different places but both are under one local government which is Afikpo-North Local Government Area. One thing that is common among the two great beaches is the Golden sand. This place is an ideal centre for relaxation and other recreational activities. If you’re looking for beach for picnic, shells exploration, Sport fishing, sunbathing, boat cruising, canoe racing this beach is for you.

Patigi Beach, Rivers Niger
Patigi beach is another beautiful beach in Nigeria. The beach is situated along River Niger and is not all that classic but the beauty lies in the landscape and other activities that one engages on the beach. This is an ideal place to watch fishermen.

Calabar beach, Cross Rivers State.
When we talk about tourism in Nigeria, Calabar is a destination. Calabar is indeed a tourist haven. And one of the coolest sea shores in Nigeria is Cababar beach. The beach is a large, and also good for family-friendly. You can also go with your children. There are plenty of meals on sale, and you can also walk around and enjoy the serenity. The beach boast of parking space. You can go on boat cruising, swimming and other activities.

Asaba beach, Delta State
Delta state is not left out. The beautiful scenery of the Asaba beach is wow. The way the beach is fascinating as you are surrounded by coconut and palm trees, creeks, rock formations and clean beach sand etc. If you’re looking for beach for picnic, shells exploration, Sport fishing, sunbathing, boat cruising, canoe racing this beach is for you. There is also local grilled fish in the evening.

Finima Beach, Rivers State
Located in Bonny Island is the Finima Beach. The beach is surrounded by Atlantic Ocean. Bonny is an Island in Rivers State. Just like the Calabar beach, there is also a parking space in Finima beach though the parking space is small so if you arrive early enough you will see space. Apart from the swimming there are other activities that one can engage in. Bonny is an Island filled with expatriates so the beach is usually patronized by expatriates working in Nigeria NLNG plant and locals for picnic, relaxation and refreshment.

Ibeno Beach, Akwa Ibom State.
One of the Longest Beach in west Africa is the Ibeno beach in Iben Akwa Ibom State. The beach is eye-catching sea coast which stretches to James Town on the Atlantic. Ibeno beach is perfect for relaxation and recreational activities as there are facilities for water sports. There is a growing number of visitors to the beach every year.

http://wakatoday..com.ng/2016/03/top-8-best-beaches-in-nigeria.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by SageTravels: 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2016

Ibeno Beach, Akwa Ibom

Unwana Beach

Finima Beach

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Okay. Why are Nigerian hoteliers not putting up pent houses on beach fronts ?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by congo4ka: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
Yewandequeen:
smiley

I love beaches, just that I don't know how to swim or surf it would have made it more fun cry

angry

I just checked your DP now, this is how I will chop you if I handle those watermelons cheesy

26 Likes

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by stinggy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
Elegushi wey don turn den for touts lipsrsealed

Where is Baraccuda beach?
Where is Lekki Leisure Lake?

7 Likes

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by nairavsdollars(f): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
Isale- Eko beach is the best beach in Nigeria by all standards

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
grin
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by DaddyKross: 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
If i carry you go Elegushi, my guy, you go love Lagos ooh

4 Likes

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by oluwakayode25(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
No colourful images op!?,,That was how they said the beach at Ebonyi was good..only to get them and be left in the lurch ...E just be like say make person go river.smh

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Yewandequeen(f): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
smiley

I love beaches, just that I don't know how to swim or surf it would have made it more fun cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by visijo(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ibeno Beach and my village stream
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
OP u are very wrong

Ibeno beach is a dirty beach,
The only outstanding ones u mentioned are Elegushi and Uwana Beach.
Others aren't nothing to write home about in terms of recreation and fun.
Where is ATican, Bracuda beach just to mention few

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
@TalkTalkTwins

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6608813_tenorcopy_gif8af76f7eda56cf1f13eb542909793146

Who beach don epp?
Mbok who knows where Buhari stays now?
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by watchwoman(f): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
where are the beaches?

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
Elegushi
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2018
Starting my state tour next month.

I'm going to tour the whole 36 States of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by IMASTEX: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nice one
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2018
No beach in coal city.. embarassed embarassed
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Amirullaha(m): 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nice...
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by tballeyy(m): 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2018
No 1 on my own is KURAMO beach

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by don4real18(m): 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2018
Oga, where you see beach for Calabar... Make your findings before posting

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Chukazu: 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
Naughtysite:
Okay. Why are Nigerian hoteliers not putting up pent houses on beach fronts ?

They are still learners

But I think "whispering palm resorts " have got something like that
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
CollinsWeGlobe:
Starting my state tour next month.

I'm going to tour the whole 36 States of Nigeria.

Come to Imo, our Governor will mould you grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Christane: 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
badagry beach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by RoyalBlak007: 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
Elegushi or nothing else

Best ßitćh in Africa cheesy
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by MiaB(f): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
If you are looking for a beach with adventure, enough partying, enough groove.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
That alone could turn Nigeria into the destination but all the tourist can be kidnapped by guys economic blow for us their. We hurt ourselves thinking we are making first money.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by dontbothermuch: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
Good.

But you no go see any oyigbo near rivers state own.
Re: Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2018
I wonder if there are countries without beaches...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing / Atleast Nigeria Is Visa Free To One Strong European Country; Andorra / Twin Tanker Explosion At Sagamu Forces Interchange Bridge Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.