Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians (1146 Views)

Protesters Flood UK Embassy Abuja, Insist UK Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu / When Nigerians Cannot Eat, Buhari Budgets N40m To Feed Aso Rock Animals / Ijaw People Must Produce Avengers, tompolo - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by emamos: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said under his leadership, Nigerians must produce what they eat.
He said the nation did not have what he called unlimited resources to continue the importation of food items that could be produced locally.
The President spoke while granting audience to the new Bulgarian Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. Vesselin Delcher, who was at the Presidential Villa, Abuja to present his letter of credence.
According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President told his guest that his administration would vigorously implement policies that would revive Nigeria’s agricultural sector and reposition it as the mainstay of the nation’s economy.
He added that his administration would evolve and implement policies that will help Nigeria become self-sufficient in food production because continued importation of food could expose the country to more external shocks.
The President noted that the unbridled importation of food also contributes to the depletion of the country’s foreign reserves and deprives citizens of job opportunities.
He said, “We must produce what we eat. We don’t have unlimited resources to continue the importation of food items that can be produced locally.
“Fortunately, some Nigerians have shown foresight by building factories that process agricultural products within the country.
“They have created a value chain that boosts employment, protects our foreign reserves and safeguards the economy from external shocks.
“We will do all that we can to encourage others to join in the effort to achieve national self-sufficiency in food production.”
Buhari added that his administration will also help and encourage Nigerian farmers to adopt modern, technology-driven methods that guarantee higher production and returns on investment.
The President , who also received the new High Commissioner of Australia, Mr. Paul Lehmann; the new High Commissioner of Sierra-Leone, Hajiya Afsatu Ebiso-Kabba; and the new Ambassador of Iceland, Thordur Aegir Oskarsson, told them that Nigeria will welcome the further strengthening of relations with their countries, especially in the areas of agriculture, solid minerals and trade.
He wished the four envoys, who were at the Presidential Villa to present their letters of credence to him, successful tenures in Nigeria
lalasticlala
http://www.punchng.com/we-must-produce-what-we-eat-buhari-tells-nigerians/.
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by emamos: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
It is well
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by SeverusSnape(m): 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
Buhari is a certified dullard.

Haven't we been the ones producing what we eat??... He just wants to talk for the sake of it.

Zombies, I know you're not happy I called the dull'ard a dullard. Take heart. Read and pass.
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Kyase(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:
undecided
Now I know who the real dullard is....

4 Likes

Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by kossyablaze(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
Wait!Abeg who dey stay Gbagada here?
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by SeverusSnape(m): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
Kyase:
undecided Now I know who the real dullard is....
Yes, And his name is Buhari.
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by kossyablaze(m): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Haven't we been the ones producing what we eat??... He just wants to talk for the sake of it.
I vehemently concur!He's the greatest fool ever liveth!I regret voting him.

1 Like

Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Emancipation2: 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
All talk but no policy to back it up.

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

Buhari where is your agric policy?
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by sephryneyo(m): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
Na by mouth we go produce am? How many % bubu allocated to agric sector.
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Kyase(m): 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Zombies, I know you're not happy I called the dull'ard a dullard. Take heart. Read and pass.
Chai dullard reloaded

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Kyase(m): 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
Emancipation2:
All talk but no policy to back it up.

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

Buhari where is your agric policy?
So na buhari go pass budget ma ko?

1 Like

Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Kyase(m): 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Yes, And his name is Buhari.
And he is shying away from himself. grin
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Emancipation2: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
Kyase:

So na buhari go pass budget ma ko?

Where did I mention passing budget? I asked where is his Agricultural policy? I can post jonathan's agricultural policy for you to read. Where is Bubu agric policy? Simple question
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Mutuwa(m): 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
Kyase:

Chai dullard reloaded

Big one self with a capital D
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by jmichlins(m): 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
Before you condemn and wish this current administration bad just ask yourself what am i going to loose if nigeria gets better
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by phemmie06(m): 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
For how long do we plan, during the dry season you're still planning, raining season don come still planning. Or which time planning go ripe make we go harvest. Confused government
APC, promise never fulfilled
APC. CHANGE
APC CHANGE THE CHANGER
CHANGE THE CHANGER. APC
Ijoba ti o wu lo egba danu ( useless government, sweep them away). Brooooom
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Emancipation2: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
jmichlins:
Before you condemn and wish this current administration bad just ask yourself what am i going to loose if nigeria gets better

Time to back your words with facts: So tell us what the specific things buhari has done so far or is doing to make Nigeria better? Name them, I challenge you.
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by SageTravels: 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
smh
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by jmichlins(m): 6:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
Emancipation2:

Time to back your words with facts: So tell us what the specific things buhari has done so far or is doing to make Nigeria better? Name them, I challenge you.

1 Like

Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Yes nah
Everything grin grin grin grin
I repeat, everything!!!
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by ckmayoca: 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sir, we r afraid of fulani's attacking us. So we will when they stop feeding on our farm produce.
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Cyojunior(m): 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
Alert !!! President Buhari on d loose again !!!

Jst tlk bt no policy to implement , pity those who will be happy about this baseless tlk frm d dullard of daura itself

Dose we have been growing nko ? Aren't they eaten up by ur trained blood thirsty Fulani broders. Abeg save me 2 cup of burukutu to quench my thirst !!!
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by jmichlins(m): 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
Emancipation2:

his ability to refuse devaluation is the reason we still have $ selling at the current rate left for the speculators we will have it close to a thousand. I do not expect you to believe this but its a fact. The government met almost an empty treasury yet he bailed out almost every state including that of the opposition if not the nation would have grind to a halt. He met a subsidy regime with excess debt yet he has been able to take care of it all these consume money and the main source of income is almost zero. No matter how big his plans are without money he can not implement them and that is what many have failed to understand. Nigeria is not alone in this economic downturn but hate has made it look like the president is doing nothing. Every oil dependent economy is feeling this pain
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Kyase(m): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2016
Mutuwa:

Big one self with a capital D
Lol
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Emancipation2: 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
jmichlins:
his ability to refuse devaluation is the reason we still have $ selling at the current rate left for the speculators we will have it close to a thousand. I do not expect you to believe this but its a fact. The government met almost an empty treasury yet he bailed out almost every state including that of the opposition if not the nation would have grind to a halt. He met a subsidy regime with excess debt yet he has been able to take care of it all these consume money and the main source of income is almost zero. No matter how big his plans are without money he can not implement them and that is what many have failed to understand. Nigeria is not alone in this economic downturn but hate has made it look like the president is doing nothing. Every oil dependent economy is feeling this pain

1) Buhari did not meet an empty treasury. The bailout money didn't fall down from the sky

2) Devaluation of the naira has already happened unofficially. The government is just in denial. He is indirectly subsidizing forex for those with the means and connection to get the official exchange. The average, Nigeria exchange at N350 to 1 dollar.

3) Once again where did the money for the subsidy come from if the treasury was empty. Plus it was Ifeanyi uba of capital oil that help stop the hijack from the marketers not buhari. GEJ said so many times that the government owed no money to the marketers which turned out to be true.

4) You say he has big plans but there is no money to implement them, so how did he get money to explore oil in the chad basin in north east? Do you know how expensive it is to drill oil?

5) Yes, it true that Nigeria is not alone in the oil crisis but lack of leadership and cluelessness has made things worse. He took freaking 6 months just to get a mediocre cabinet? No economic summit? Nothing, Just travel left and right

2 Likes

Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Sibrah: 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
Emancipation2:

Where did I mention passing budget? I asked where is his Agricultural policy? I can post jonathan's agricultural policy for you to read. Where is Bubu agric policy? Simple question
Why are you replying as SeveruSnape, are u his/her PA? Busted
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by greatiyk4u(m): 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Together we can
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
We must produce what we eat but we must import the grasses our cattle are going to eat.
The reputation of the government of change is declining day by day

1 Like

Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Ekugbeh(m): 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
jmichlins:
ah dn't understand d way u read ur own news @tyms. Whch reserve or account was depleeted because we ve xcess crude oil accnt, sovereignty welth fund n federal accnt. Xo whch was empty, since u guys ve decide 2b carried away by jez mere propaganda.
States ve not been allocated with funds b4 d election xo de must b a bail-out for dem. Or who do u tink wuld b responsible 4 d bail-out?
Since his emergence, hw many policies he had forged or implemented?
Dat means he z riding on d robust n high-tech administrative policies of his predecesor!
Tinz jez fallin out wid him coz he lacks competent personnels in his cabinets to follow d trails of his predecesor's policies.
Ma views tho.
Re: We Must Produce What We Eat, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Ghandi12: 10:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
Good policy announcement that can only be successful with spirited implementation. There is a reason all similar past projects have been scored below par.

If government, honestly, wants to invest on ready-to-produce Nigerians this is where the services of tested disciplined hands like Ribadu and Ezekwezile can be employed.

Most Nigerians, particularly the youths have already lost faith in the new APC-led-FG words this is another opportunity for the FG to prove this is not a government for the rich and elites only.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why / Some Of The Agreements President Buhari Reached With The Chinese Government...#j / See What Buhari Might Do Before 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.