Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,476 members, 7,843,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Please 'review' . - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please 'review' . (766 Views)

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Please Review Www.enairablog.com / Please.... Review this site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please 'review' . by HC: 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2009
I was watching TV and i saw an hotel commercial and i noticed the hotel has a website. I decided to check the website, hoping to see something interesting; i was disappointed with what i saw.

Please 'review' www.limelitehotel.com
Re: Please 'review' . by netpro(m): 5:34am On Jul 22, 2009
@ HC:

I think this type of mess only comes up when;

- People (site owners) are not willing to spend something tangible to have a quality site done for them. They will want to pay so little, at best this is what you get. Even when they know its their office to the world.

- Also some *web designers, even when they know they need more learning, most often will prematurely jump into the market.

But to be frank HC, this is an opportunity for you to land the project and give them a better image online. Why not start by giving them a call (I hope a Nairalander don't do that before you, lol).

Cheers!
Do let me know what you think of my new site www.
Re: Please 'review' . by HC: 7:01am On Jul 22, 2009
@netpro, am realy tired cold-calling and besides, the hotel is outside Lagos. Am not sure those will give me some quality attention.

The Coal City site looks nice, i like the simplicity of the layout. I think there should be an improvement on the top banner.
Re: Please 'review' . by bug24(m): 7:16am On Jul 22, 2009
That site makes me more hungry now,  this early morning? HC, why wuld u make me see this kinda thing early in the morning?

that stuff is completely made of images,  sliced and unsliced. God Help Us.

4rm this website, i think this hotel is a 0.6 star hotel.
Re: Please 'review' . by smartsoft(m): 8:50am On Jul 22, 2009
well i will first say that the management are just too meticulous about the money the professional web guy will charge. now that reminds me when i was suppose to design website for sheraton hotel not sheraton though but  IKEJA PALACE HOTEL something like that i can't remember again but sheraton hotel was in charge of the hotel. So the bill was like hummm this small guy one chop all this money.

And i was iike your site will also have a payment gateway, were people can pay and they receive receipt e.t.c but after all the presentation and all that meeeeeeeeeeeeen this guy money high oooo. so what am i trying to say, don't be suprise that it might even be the owner of the hotel who designed the website, because he was opportune to have learn one Microsoft frontpage when he was in school and he/she can lay hands on software that cost N100 at Otigba Ikeja. so whose to be blame
Re: Please 'review' . by HC: 9:23am On Jul 22, 2009
@bug24, my brother no vex. As i see the site, a Nairaland come my mind; i had to share it with you guys.

0.6 star hotel LOL

@smartsoft, there are alot of funny experiences when i comes to billing clients.
Re: Please 'review' . by remoranger(m): 9:38am On Jul 22, 2009
THE MANAGEMENT OF THE HOTEL ARE STINGY BASTARDS. PERIOD
Wont be surprised they priced the website designer to 2500. As a result the guy designed the site with a vengeance. common no web desginer is that terrible, even the terrible ones know where to grab free templates from the net. One of my hungry designer friend in Enugu wanted to do promo so he put up a banner website design and hosting 5k. When people called they still wanted to price it to 1,500.
Re: Please 'review' . by yawatide(f): 11:24am On Jul 22, 2009
One of my hungry designer friend in Enugu wanted to do promo so he put up a banner website design and hosting 5k. When people called they still wanted to price it to 1,500.

Jesus (literally) wept!

Well, if you think this one is bad, check out this one, LWKMD!
http://www.darrels-hotel.com/ - this one, I don't even know where to start. Even the URL is terrible!
Re: Please 'review' . by bug24(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2009
Yawa !!! Thank God THE HOTEL is in Akwa Ibom state. lol,  That shame isnt coming to imo state or Ondo State of which i have dual citizenship. lol

IMAGINE,  i wonder how long that site has been under construction,  darrels nonsense.
now when u ask the hotel owner, he/she'll simply tell u,  we are online,  we have a website.

(suspects a movement in his tommy,  starts purging immediately)

U ppl shuld pls stop posting this catastrophic websites here oooo,  u r endangering my health.  cry cry cry
Re: Please 'review' . by yawatide(f): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
Thank God THE HOTEL is in Akwa Ibom state. lol, That shame isnt coming to imo state or Ondo State of which i have dual citizenship

You know you are just begging for it, right? You just had to bring in the state factor.  Well, say hello to: http://eastgatehotelowerri.com/index.htm - more to come.  Ondo is next.  tongue

Also, is this a blog site or a hotel site? http://www.imoconcordehotel.com/ (according to imo state govt website, concorde is a "luxury" hotel)

Sha, i no go lie, I first saw an advert for darrels in a local directory in 2007. When I saw this post, I went to the directory to go through the adverts as I remember emailing all of them in that book telling them their sites could do better. Lo and behold, they still have a "website".
Re: Please 'review' . by bug24(m): 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2009
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

imo concorde hotel site? i cant believe this, they must have anoda site better than this, Yawa, if u see this hotel, very great place to be, waz there 4months ago for P-SQUARE show. (star mega jamz), where on earth did they get this joomla psychologicaly deficient patient in the name of developer who did this blog website? lol

that of eastgate still looks better than the akwa ibom own. lol

meenn!!! my battery is dying, Nepa is forcing me to bed, talk to u guyz in the morning, can someone wish me swit dreams? I feel like am turning into A ROBOT already. lol
Re: Please 'review' . by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 23, 2009
bug24:

Yawa !!! Thank God THE HOTEL is in Akwa Ibom state. lol,  That shame isnt coming to imo state or Ondo State of which i have dual citizenship. lol

IMAGINE,  i wonder how long that site has been under construction,  darrels nonsense.
now when u ask the hotel owner, he/she'll simply tell u,  we are online,  we have a website.

(suspects a movement in his tommy,  starts purging immediately)

U ppl shuld pls stop posting this catastrophic websites here oooo,  u r endangering my health.  cry cry cry

that's their corporate name oo, easy man

typo errors right inside photoshop.
atleast, while d designer was adding effects, he shud av noticed them
i can c a big "diffrence" in their "hosptality"

Re: Please 'review' . by yawatide(f): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2009
webdezzi, good one LWKMD!
Re: Please 'review' . by smartsoft(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2009
I will say those two website you guys pasted above are even prettier even though this not an hotel because this one am showing here is father of all !  coming out from a whole state. http://www.osogbocity.com/ Osun state for that matter !. i think i need to start doing a mock up for this people.
Re: Please 'review' . by yawatide(f): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2009
Wow! I didn't know Osun State shared a border with the ocean. I didn't know Osun State had whales lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Please 'review' . by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2009
OMG! Oshogbo is a city and all will go well if u guys talk about osogbo and not Osun.

Osun is my state and dont let's start washing our dirty pants in public since i can always google grin grin grin
before u start digging for Osun state website, take note that we revamping it so let us be.

anyways, the website still try sha, just that the designer needs to bathe in d crocodile section of osun river 7 times, he has just offended d gods
Re: Please 'review' . by smartsoft(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2009
lwkmd!
Re: Please 'review' . by ztyle(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2009
Kia i can't believe this, shocked an hotel has such dull website, anyway na wetin concern HC with their website? grin
Re: Please 'review' . by smartsoft(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2009
For your information, HC is CopyWritter/ Art Director / Web Designer ! abi no bi so
Re: Please 'review' . by HC: 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2009
Na so o!!! LOL

You dey ask wetin concern me? The thing wey concern me be say, enough Nigerian website dey irritate me.

I spend hours everyday on Google searching for Nigerian websites. You need to see some crazy-ass designs i have ran into on the internet, some ugly, some heavy, some just there and some 'under-construction for months'.

Am a web designer and thats what i do all day, and i spend my day looking at websites for aspiration and inspiration.

Cheers.
Re: Please 'review' . by smartsoft(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
abeg help me tell am ooo HC. you not online
Re: Please 'review' . by bug24(m): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2009
lol, i love that man playing the gangan, i just pray his head doesnt fall of in the process. grin grin grin
Re: Please 'review' . by netpro(m): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2009
Can people from this States try help. Abeg. Mine is that anytime I try google for local images then I will be in for a bigger surprise.

We need to do more, a lot more.
Re: Please 'review' . by rufaai(m): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2009
O MY GOD! Spear my life.

If I should find this hotel via the net, count me out. I'll expect every room to be like the hotel site. Its bad for a luxury displaying site for a hotel! Too bad, More than BAD!

Probably the owner of the hotel hasn't seen a hotel site before.

(1) (Reply)

New Year / Can You Get Me A Wap Site / 99.9% Uptime Cheap Host For Your Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.