Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission (17640 Views)

My Grandmom Was Disowned For Marrying This Nigerian Man;English Man Reveals.PICS / I Was Punished, Ostracized For 20 Years For Marrying A White Lady: Aroms Aigbehi / Police Arrest Man For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by TeleboiZ005(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2016
omusiliyu:
Mr. Ugo is a sharp igbo man. He eloped her to avoid paying huge amount for her dowry.

You budget like #1M to marry ordinary Igbo Lady

You budget like #2M to marry Igbo Lady with first degree.

You budget like #3.6M to marry Igbo Lady with second degree.

....and over #6M for Igbo Lady with PhD or Medical doctor.
....LOLZZZZ...dem no too much??
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by omirb: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2016
What is wrong with this guy wey dey para with everybody like this. See it is rubbish to marry a woman/lady even if she is 40yrs of age without her parent endorsement. Weda it is for a selfish reason or not, you must make sure they support u. D girl will soon come back and begged him.
There are beta ways of handling such things na. No one can take such nonsence. Who now rep the parent on d wedding day. Abi na by force, u think bcose u just have small moni u can be climbing everybody anyhow in d name of socialization. I'm a young guy and i can never do such rubbish.
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by BolaHenri: 9:53am On Mar 18, 2016
omusiliyu:
Mr. Ugo is a sharp igbo man. He eloped her to avoid paying huge amount for her dowry.

You budget like #1M to marry ordinary Igbo Lady

You budget like #2M to marry Igbo Lady with first degree.

You budget like #3.6M to marry Igbo Lady with second degree.

....and over #6M for Igbo Lady with PhD or Medical doctor.

Anu mpama.
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by sweetcocoa(f): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2016
phenol33:
just pray it doesn't happen to u. and also pray the guy doesn't die in ur arms.
are you okay at all? Die in my arms meaning?

Who prays for such to happen to them? But if my parents for reasons I can't agree with, say I won't marry the man I love/want and decide to lock him up for marrying me, then I surely will not find it funny with them.

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by kinwhite(m): 9:59am On Mar 18, 2016
kenonze:
Mtcheeew.

The parents are jokers.
Some family are begging guys to collect without pay, they help u relieve u of heavy burden, you dey para
LOL U NO WELL OH
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by chidozieikeji2: 10:22am On Mar 18, 2016
Marriage without the approval of the girls family is not real even the bible condemns it marriage if d guys family didn't approve it it doesn't mean anytin but d girls family approval is compulsory its even in the bible and let me tell u going to church to wed is not even in the bible dat one is just white mans culture the church don't have any say in issues concerning marriage,marriage begins d day d girls father accepts ur payment simple oda ones are just nonsense imported culture even d white wedding go to the bible its written dia white church wedding is not in d bible its a means of church economic exploitation because before u wed u will be required to pay a lot of dues so in my own sense d guy is wrong simple but d inlaw arresting him is not good because dia daughter is up to 18 years

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2016
meforyou1:
When quarrel comes, I will see who the hopeless girl will run to
u talk fact.na stupid pikin she b. If na me I will disown her. After giving her d best,showing her love n making sure she has a gud future by sending her to d university. She come disrespect me by marrying some1 without my blessing. Even her pentecostal pastor's prayer no go work for am after I place curse on her head. Useless pikin

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by rubi96(f): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2016
kenonze:
Mtcheeew.

The parents are jokers.
Some family are begging guys to collect without pay, they help u relieve u of heavy burden, you dey para
Maybe your family is among those begging guys to collect without pay. pele
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 18, 2016
rubi96:
Maybe your family is among those begging guys to collect without pay. pele

Am never a burden to my folks.

I have my own dance space
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Kgdavid(m): 10:35am On Mar 18, 2016
Igobang:
I support the arrest. If the parents of the girl never cared for her, he will not find her fit to marry.

So Y show disrespect to her family and particularly her parents. Courtesy demands that u go for introduction and let the parents know who is marrying their daughter. WTF!

You could not have gone to university. Even your high school cert must be examined. An Adult should be arrested for marrying another full grown adult?

Dang i hate the way some Nigerians fill me with shame at their reasoning!!

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by banio: 10:42am On Mar 18, 2016
Why didn't the parents go for the court and lawyers that joined them together. Yeye de smell
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by dikeigbo2(m): 11:05am On Mar 18, 2016
The approach of those parents are out or order, our most primary objectives in whatever we do in this life is happiness, whence their daughter is happy, no need of them going the extra miles just to humiliate their son in law ,may God give us understanding in a situation like this.... Amen

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by peacengine(m): 11:13am On Mar 18, 2016
kennybabs1980:
African man gidigan leleyi o

grin Na Today? grin
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Rose01y: 11:52am On Mar 18, 2016
OlivetBen:

Don't justify what is wrong b4 it happens to u. Imagine ur own daughtr in someones house without ur consent.

what are you saying ...... its wrong for parents to choose for force their children to marry who they want ....... the two had agreed to be married ... its not that he kidnapped he lady and forced her to marry him..... if you don't like the person your child wants to marry , you can only advise and pray .....

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Propertymartltd(f): 11:54am On Mar 18, 2016
confun:
D lady is an adult anyway, bt what she did isn't too cool, once a while, one will always need ones parents in marriage no matter what, won't she need her mum wen she starts nursing children or want, d blessings of parents are necessary before marriage. I think it would av been better if they had resolved all dir issues before marriage, Well all d best to her sha.

She has a mother inlaw. Those parents of hers are wicked and if not for blood ties, they should be sued for bribery, manipulation and illegal arrest. she is an adult and in the eyes of the law, they are legally married. Why did our police still get involved in this sort of things? Ugo should sue the Minister for Justice, Prosecutor General and PS Fed. Ministry of Justice, IG, AIG in the zone, Area Commander and DPO for breach of his fundamental human right and illegal arrest and detention.
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by missjahiniekpe(f): 12:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
kenonze:
Mtcheeew.

The parents are jokers.

Where is that some 'family' located? You marry with parental concern and receive the blessings instead of invoking a curse. Do you think its easy to nurture a child to a marriageable age?
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
missjahiniekpe:

Where is that some 'family' located? You marry with parental concern and receive the blessings instead of invoking a curse. Do you think its easy to nurture a child to a marriageable age?

Nigeria /Africa perspective...... NO

civilized and western world... .. Yes
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Propertymartltd(f): 12:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
omirb:

What is wrong with this guy wey dey para with everybody like this. See it is rubbish to marry a woman/lady even if she is 40yrs of age without her parent endorsement. Weda it is for a selfish reason or not, you must make sure they support u. D girl will soon come back and begged him.
There are beta ways of handling such things na. No one can take such nonsence. Who now rep the parent on d wedding day. Abi na by force, u think bcose u just have small moni u can be climbing everybody anyhow in d name of socialization. I'm a young guy and i can never do such rubbish.

Have you seen a situation whereby girl parent ask boy to bring his family, because of that they pick a date at the registry thinking everthing will go fine at the introduction. on the day he came with family, the lady parent vacated their home to avoid/embarrass the boy's parents. the date at registry waiting and they love themselves, what would they do?
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by grandstar(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
They look so happy!!!!
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Lewist(m): 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Igobang:
I support the arrest. If the parents of the girl never cared for her, he will not find her fit to marry.

So Y show disrespect to her family and particularly her parents. Courtesy demands that u go for introduction and let the parents know who is marrying their daughter. WTF!
you be am the parents should choose for her at 28.you never wise bro.I married my wife here in US last yr non of her family was there.untill naija parents consider the happiness of their children when it comes to marriage.in fact naija we have a very long way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by adedayoadedeji(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
luvbeloved:
The girl is already a woman naa...so the case doesn't hold any water. 28 year old na serious adult be that o! Unlike guys from 'you know where' who kidnap teens to covert/marry

true
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by compujyde: 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by AmasB(f): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ok nice
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by deebrain(m): 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
Awon Igbo ma fi eleyi se movie.........

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nigerian police are made up of certified fools.

So it takes the CP's order for them to do the right things. Police in Nigeria should be disband. Their rank and file keep on giving them bad images.

Having said that, I will also like to warn Nigerian youths. If the parents of a lady you want to marry didn't approve of the marriage, please be wise and leave the girl alone. Don't force yourself on any lady because of love.

If the lady dies in your hand, her family will make you go through hell before she's buried.
There are many fishes in the river.

Be wise.
Be Warned.
Don't fall a victim.
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by MarieSucre(f): 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
ichommy:
Must parents approved wedding? Am sounding crazy abi? In this current age. I dont think anyone can chose or appoint wife, who to marry for me.

If the lady love him no wahala.

Vice-President Atiku married his first wife TiTi without her parent consent at Idi-Iroko Border.

We need to view this Wonderful planet with another Optical view at times.

Titi is his second wife. I think his first wife is Ramat.
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by devour129: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
OlivetBen:

Don't justify what is wrong b4 it happens to u. Imagine ur own daughtr in someones house without ur consent.
they don't get it so don't bother . She will surely regret it .its like the medical students from that school are given a kinda of juju . Same happened to my sister n she was warned, cos my parents don't like this kind of public disgrace they let her go,now a whole doctor is working in a mall cos the man has refused to work or even take care of his own kids . My sister takes care of her kids n rush to work n come back n take care of the kids . We can only look on cos my father has vowed to let them be.
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Snwokenk: 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
From Punchng:

Uche • 19 hours ago
I actually know this family personally. The mother of the girl in question went through the same ordeal with her own family 30 years ago before she married Dr. Ejike Orji, the girl's father. I am deeply disappointed that Lagos state police department was bribed by the girl's parents to conduct this act of atrocity, locked up a man for getting married to the love of his life and this insinuation about hypnotism and criminal investigation? I am ashamed of Dr. Ejike Orji and his wife, Dr. Ifenyinwa Orji, for instigating such shameless move on their oldest daughter and her husband. We must not all marry doctors! SHAME ON YOU LAGOS POLICE DEPARTMENT!

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by queebeediva(f): 5:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ivegotsolutions:

So when the parents refuses the introduction rites and every effort for a peaceful get together, they should fold their hands and get old?
exerctly my point
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by queebeediva(f): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
Some parent just like frustrating their children life . For God sake Love is free from God and if a woman has choosen her man the best the parent can do is to investigate what kind of family the guy in question from and if pleased the next is to bless them. Nigerians with their yeye procedure . If no be religion e go be culture, or tribe.
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by antispexish(m): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
Igobang:

So you surpport being arrested illegally?
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by antispexish(m): 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
peacengine:
Why did he marry her against her parents wish? What if they decide to use spiritual means against him, it's too risky
He too can go spiritual against them too na!.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids / What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.