Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,313 members, 7,842,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 (28554 Views)

An Unbaised Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6 And Unboxing Video / Infinix Hot S X521 Quick Unboxing & First Impression / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by TechRez(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2016
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by ibibiofirstlady(f): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
enoch273:

look at this inconsequential opportunist that lacks courtesy.
And you are a consequential opportunist....

Troll

1 Like

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
enoch273:

pls can I ve your contact? or better still text it to 08179538301
Is that the favour??
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by jesse8048(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
saxby:

So as he tried to pass the information so olodo ppl like u can know na bad thing now abi?? You go see yourself.

LOL, so u mean I'm olodo from my comment? No p but I'm only trying to say what's obtainable. if I lik d phone I'm sure I can afford it. I've not seen any reason why it should be rumoured 30-40k and not 20-25k. after all we have a big market for the consumption.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
And you are a consequential opportunist....

Troll

you're the true definition of a beast.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
Yorubago:
Is that the favour??
yes
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by FrankValency(m): 11:11am On Mar 20, 2016
Davidovinci:
This phone shouldn't be more than 30-35k...
Perfect opportunity for tecno to win back their customers who switched to gionee/infinix.....
ur right bro ,not just gionee and infinix o. Wiko the game changers are strongly pulling up, I'm currently using Wiko slide 2 and the fone is a wow machine with almost same specs as abovementioned in the boom (except the head phone and 4G LTE and it is being sold for 28,300 now.). Wiko is taking over soon with baddest phone cameras.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
How can a HD 720 * 1280 screen on a 5.5incher produce 320ppi undecided undecided
Lmao grin

We need to start giving some e-slap to some silly Nigerian tech bloggers..!
Camera with no features
We don't know its lens type
Its sensor size
Shutter speed
Apature size
How many Frams per second (fps)
If it has OIS, HDR etc and some other significant features
All we know that it is 13/5MP (Lens size).. Mehn

After Miss Techy will comman do her thing "hyping" cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by TrollinStone: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
Lot of emphasis on speaker and headset. How good is the sound output?
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Davidovinci(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
FrankValency:
ur right bro ,not just gionee and infinix o. Wiko the game changers are strongly pulling up, I'm currently using Wiko slide 2 and the fone is a wow machine with almost same specs as abovementioned in the boom (except the head phone and 4G LTE and it is being sold for 28,300 now.). Wiko is taking over soon with baddest phone cameras.
True that....but 'em battery is f*cked up
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by FrankValency(m): 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Davidovinci:

True that....but 'em battery is the f*cked up
if u use the fone, u will agree with me that that 2800mA of a battery can compete with 3000 and 3500 of some comes. I use d fone and I charge twice a day if I operate too much o,if not ,I charge once some days
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
I like that the HIOS runs along with android OS n not supercede it. Saw a thread on it here, looks clean n that himanager is a more than good idea IMO

BustScam:
As seen on TechRez, The Unboxing and First Impression of the Boom J8 have been published. I was surfing the found this...

I hope NairaLanders like me find this useful...

Here it is guys...

Source: http://www.techrez.com/tecno-boom-j8-unboxing-photos/
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by kolexepana: 6:49am On Mar 21, 2016
jesse8048:

LOL, so u mean I'm olodo from my comment? No p but I'm only trying to say what's obtainable. if I lik d phone I'm sure I can afford it. I've not seen any reason why it should be rumoured 30-40k and not 20-25k. after all we have a big market for the consumption.
Aint you in Nigeria? you don't know what dollar is saying now.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Kenneth10110(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2016
enoch273:

God bless you for this, some people just don't think at all, this phone no suppose pass 30k, same thing i was told when i visited tecno office too.

what did they tell u
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2016
enoch273:

yes
May I ask why??
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2016
jesse8048:

Tecno is not an NGO... Its a private organization and from what i understand, the main reason for their existence is to maximize profit... What if
the price you want them to sell it constitutes a loss on their side would you invest in their company to prevent them from going bankrupt... You should think about these things and not your pocket only besides, it's not like the price would be reduced if you complain from now till tomorrow and we all know the situation the naira and dollar is now... Tecno phones are not Nigerian made, they are imported hence the increase in the price...
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2016
jesse8048:
No official price, yet u're quoting 30-40k. Nigerians and stupidity.

I believe you're Nigerian as well...
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 8:53am On Mar 21, 2016
jesse8048:
I believe you're a Nigerian as well...
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
Kenneth10110:

what did they tell u
i was told it should not exceed 30k
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yorubago:
May I ask why??
i would like us to be friends and nothing more.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by Yorubago(f): 12:53am On Mar 22, 2016
enoch273:

i would like us to be friends and nothing more.
I don't think so..
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by enoch273: 6:53am On Mar 22, 2016
Yorubago:
I don't think so..
it's fine, i accept your decision in good faith...take care
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by saxby(f): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
jesse8048:

Well if u took it personal na you sabi.... At least you were an "olodo" before the OP passed the information. tongue
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by onekindaguy: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
I must get one...i love the specs
BustScam:
As seen on TechRez, The Unboxing and First Impression of the Boom J8 have been published. I was surfing the found this...

I hope NairaLanders like me find this useful...

Here it is guys...

Source: http://www.techrez.com/tecno-boom-j8-unboxing-photos/
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by onekindaguy: 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
do not be scammed? how?...did d post ask for money or anything? i don't get you o
BustScam:
NOBODY should ask me any question or source ooo

I am not selling Tomato, neither I am selling the phone

Remember, do not be scammed

Always mention me @BustScam once you are in doubt on NairaLand

As always fans...
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by onekindaguy: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
well, i just checked on google and it says the phone will run on 3800mah lithium ion polymer battery
mjames:
No mention of battery life
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by onekindaguy: 1:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
so because someone suggested a price now, the person is stupid? and the part about Nigerians and stupidity... expatiate please
jesse8048:
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by onekindaguy: 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
as in, some people tho... Thanks for d info mahn
Viktor1983:

Look who's calling someone stup|d.
Didnt you read op's first 2 lines? " As seen on TechRez, The Unboxing and First Impression
of the Boom J8 have been published. I was surfing the
found this..."

Anyways bustscam I saw these "rumoured specs on some tech blog"

http://techislet.com/specifications-price-of-tecno-boom-j8/

Technology
-GSM: GSM 900 / 1800
-3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100
-4G: LTE 800 / 1800 / 2,600
-SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby)
Design
-Display: 5.5-inch, 720 x 1280 pixels (320 PPI), IPS
Capacitive touchscreen
-Build: Plastic with metal trimmings
-Colours: Super White. Space Grey. Champagne Gol
-Processor Type: 64-bit Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
-Processor Name: Mediatek MT6753
-Graphics Processor: Mali-T720
-RAM: 2 GB
-Internal Storage: 16 GB
-External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
-Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity
Camera
-Rear: 13 MP, 4864 x 2736 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
-Video recording: Yes
-Front-facing: 5 MP with flash
Multimedia
-Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,
-Loudspeaker: Yes
-Audio: Max Audio + Boom Headphones
-Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
-FM Radio: Yes
-Bluetooth: v4.0
-WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
-GPS: Yes
-USB: microUSB v2.0
Miscellaneous
-Miscellaneous: Charming Breathing Light
-Charging: Fast Charge – 15 min for 8 hours of phone calls
-Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh
-Power Management: Ultra lower power mode
-Launch Date: March 2016
-Availability: March 2016
-Launch Price: Rumoured to be about N40,000

I hope the 4glte story better be true
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by onekindaguy: 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
you think?
enoch273:
40k is too much for this device, the price'll be a very big turn off.
Re: First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 by onekindaguy: 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
I'll def get it too.... i don't mind if u get me one too
Yorubago:
I'm so getting it... Its so beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code / How Can I Make My Nigeria Phone Number Looks Like A USA? / MTN Increases Price Of Whatsapp, Facebook, 2go Goodybag Bundles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.