Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward (5102 Views)

Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time / 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC / The Beast: 9 Things To Know About President Trump’s Inherited Limo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by charly4tex(m): 11:27am On Mar 18, 2016
Hi Nairalanders,
I need your guidelines and directions on subject matter.

An Audi car my dad left for more than 5 years without using, since he has others, so I decided to make use of it after my NYSC service.
When I requested for the particulars, he said someone stole them including other valuables in the car back then so he has no other option than to park the car and make use of other cars.
As it stance am left with no single document.
What's the way forward pls.
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by Marpol: 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
Police report and court affidavit.
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
charly4tex:
Hi Nairalanders,

An Audi car my dad left for more than 5 years without using, since he has others, so I decided to make use of it after my NYSC service.
When I requested for the particulars, he said someone stole them including other valuables in the car back then so he has no other option than to park the car and make use of other cars.

For the license, insurance and vio, you do not need any papers. All you need is the plate number, the rest will pop up from previous renewals. What you need now is certificate of ownership, plate number receipt, police report. All that can be covered with a police report and court affidavit.
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by pattybf(f): 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
charly4tex:
Hi Nairalanders,

police report n affidavit can cover for proof of ownership, allocation of plate reg, while u can get d renewable docs: vehicle licence, road worthiness n insurance. be mindful dat u will have to renew vehicle license from d time it wasn't renewed till date.

to start d process, use d plate no to get vehicle license n all other info u need to process the other docs will be available.

hope dat helps!

1 Like

Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by charly4tex(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

For the license, insurance and vio, you do not need any papers. All you need is the plate number, the rest will pop up from previous renewals. What you need now is certificate of ownership, plate number receipt, police report. All that can be covered with a police report and court affidavit.

Thanks man.
For the Police report and court affidavit, what's likely the cost of each, and also are they renewable, if yes for how long and cost of renewal.
Thanks.
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by charly4tex(m): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks ALL. Your contribution, really helpful. Am grateful.
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by charly4tex(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2016
pattybf:

police report n affidavit can cover for proof of ownership, allocation of plate reg, while u can get d renewable docs: vehicle licence, road worthiness n insurance. be mindful dat u will have to renew vehicle license from d time it wasn't renewed till date.

to start d process, use d plate no to get vehicle license n all other info u need to process the other docs will be available.

hope dat helps!

Copy that and helpful.

Bur for how long can I use the police report and affidavit before getting all the documents for the car?
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by princemillla(m): 11:49am On Mar 19, 2016
charly4tex:

Thanks man.
For the Police report and court affidavit, what's likely the cost of each, and also are they renewable, if yes for how long and cost of renewal.
Thanks.

Affidavit should be 1500 or there about

Police report 5k or less....
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
charly4tex:

Copy that and helpful.

Bur for how long can I use the police report and affidavit before getting all the documents for the car?

in naija for ever
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by aieromon(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2016
charly4tex:

Copy that and helpful.

Affidavit is 1,000 while police report is 3,000. These documents cover the vehicle until,well the vehicle is stolen. grin
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by pattybf(f): 12:05am On Mar 22, 2016
charly4tex:

Copy that and helpful.

I didn't mean u will be driving wt police report n affidavit in place of d aforementioned docs, u will need them to tender n get another docs for d vehicle.
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 23, 2016
charly4tex:
Hi Nairalanders,

For u 2 drive freely in Nigeria especially if u're in lagos, u need 2 have all ur documents intact and dis documents include
Allocation of registration no,
Prove of ownership certificate,
RECIEPT and cmr ,
Vehicle license, Road worthiness and insurance.

How 2 get it all back:

1stly u need 2 get affidavit and police report,
Loss of documents + it's cmr.
With ur no plate, we can trace d station of allocation ie d station where d vehicle was originally registered and as soon as dat is done, we present all dose documents to dem and den demand 4 a replacement of dis documents. Though dis process will cost u some cash.

D renewables like vehicle license, Road worthiness and insurance can easily be gotten. Hope u understand dis process.

2 Likes

Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by charly4tex(m): 5:59am On Mar 23, 2016
aieromon:

Affidavit is 1,000 while police report is 3,000. These documents cover the vehicle until,well the vehicle is stolen. grin

No pls
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by charly4tex(m): 6:00am On Mar 23, 2016
pattybf:

I didn't mean u will be driving wt police report n affidavit in place of d aforementioned docs, u will need them to tender n get another docs for d vehicle.

o.kkk
Re: Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward by EzeChuks01(m): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2022

For u 2 drive freely in Nigeria especially if u're in lagos, u need 2 have all ur documents intact and dis documents include
Allocation of registration no,
Prove of ownership certificate,
RECIEPT and cmr ,
Vehicle license, Road worthiness and insurance.

How 2 get it all back:

1stly u need 2 get affidavit and police report,
Loss of documents + it's cmr.
With ur no plate, we can trace d station of allocation ie d station where d vehicle was originally registered and as soon as dat is done, we present all dose documents to dem and den demand 4 a replacement of dis documents. Though dis process will cost u some cash.

D renewables like vehicle license, Road worthiness and insurance can easily be gotten. Hope u understand dis process.

Contact details?

(1) (Reply)

Sachi Motorsport - Audi RS6 Avant Quattro 4,2 V8 2 X DOHC 40V Biturbo. / My 'service Soon' Indicator Is Still On / How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.