Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! (3332 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by ajokeakin: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2009
Last 2 weeks i lost 150,000 naira that was made for my business,when i now told my pastor,he asked me if i am a tither,and i answered in the negative,he now said thats why i lost the money. that if i dont start tithing,that is how i will be missing money. And he also said i will go to Hell if i dont pay my tithe.I now sat in my closet and thought over it,i discovered that there is no place in the bible that is said one will encounter such problems if he fails to tithe,so i decided to share it on this forum for a proper explanation.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by noetic2: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2009
ajokeakin:

Last 2 weeks i lost 150,000 naira that was made for my business,when i now told my pastor,he asked me if i am a tither,and i answered in the negative,he now said thats why i lost the money. that if i dont start tithing,that is how i will be missing money. And he also said i will go to Hell if i dont pay my tithe.I now sat in my closet and thought over it,i discovered that there is no place in the bible that is said one will encounter such problems if he fails to tithe,so i decided to share it on this forum for a proper explanation.

1. you did not loose the money cos of tithe. you alone know how and why u lost the money, . .

2. non-tithers have no place in hell. just take care of the widows, orphans and needy around u according to ur strength.

3. sorry for ur loss. . . . , may abundance replace ur loss.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
ajokeakin:

Your pastor is most definitely a liar ad he is not serving God but his own interest, i suggest you flee from such preachers who twist scripture for their own benefit. A lot of us don't pay tithes yet we continue to increase in riches everyday.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by ajokeakin: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
thanks to you all
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2009
Yes!!,you are right 100%,such are the croocks! from the madhouse! shocked
Anyway@ poster,Sorry oo sad

Jagoon:

Your pastor is most definitely a liar ad he is not serving God but his own interest, i suggest you flee from such preachers who twist scripture for their own benefit.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
Don't mind that your 'long throat' pastor. grin
What about the non-christians that have not paid tithe to any church or even paid tithe at all since they were born? Are they all regularly loosing large amounts of money?
Theif like am. grin
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2009
Can you imagine instead of the pastor assisting you like the apostles did in the early church he is thinking of a way of exploiting you further angry .
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by anonimi: 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2009
First of all, sorry for your loss. Critically analyse your income and expenditure as well as your movement so you can avoid such loss in the future.
There are about 2.2 billion (1/3rd) of the world population 6.6 billion living in China and India. The people of these two countries are getting richer and richer for the past 15 - 20 years even though they are not mainly Christians not to talk of tithers. Most luxury brands and designers are now opening business there to cater for the new and expnading middle & upper class. Due to overall growing wages in China, Western manufacturers are moving their production to poorer countries such as Myanmar (Burma), Vietnam etc, the same way factoriues are closing in Nigeria to reopen in Ghana since we do not have infrastructures etc.
My dear sister, shine your eyes, read your Bible and let no pharisee-pastor mislead you with his tithe lies!
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by banom(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2009
Even tithe payers loose millions.
Though i think the pastor quoted from ,

personal Pocket Bible, chapter hungry ,verse 1.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by anonimi: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2009
banom:

grin grin grin

the bolded part cracked me up for sure- got me laughing out real loud.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2009
cheesy cheesy  grin
banom:

Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by hubreality(m): 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2009
Thank God you've your life intact. You only lost money. Salvation is personal and believing is a choice. Are you a believer?
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by banom(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2009
hubreality:

Thank God you've your life intact. You only lost money. Salvation is personal and believing is a choice. Are you a believer?

thats is how some of you christians pis someone off at a slightest post,
If the OP is not a believer, then why would he go to the pastor ?.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Okemoni: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2009
@ poster. Mal 3.9-12, the intruction from God abt tithing says that when you do nt tithe you are almost robbing God, and I am sure you will nt want to be robbing God. as regards the benefits of titthing 1of them is that the Lord will rebuke the devourer for our sake, i.e unnecessary spending, loss and so on. nt tithing opens you up to the devourer. I hope I have answered your question
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2009
That your pastor is a bloody criminal,there is no law under christianity compelling you to pay tithes ,giving to the church and the needy is voluntary.
Okemoni:

@ poster. Mal 3.9-12, the intruction from God abt tithing says that when you do nt tithe you are almost robbing God, and I am sure you will nt want to be robbing God. as regards the benefits of titthing 1of them is that the Lord will rebuke the devourer for our sake, i.e unnecessary spending, loss and so on. nt tithing opens you up to the devourer. I hope I have answered your question

people like you are criminals.The holy book makes it clear in heb 7;18,eph 2:15 and in so many other passages that the mosaic law has been fulfilled and abolished by the death of christ on the cross.

malachi chapter one was talking about animal sacrifices but nobody quotes it because it will not bring mony to their pockets.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by debetmx(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
why are nigerians so ignorant when it comes to religious matters. You lost #150,000.00 because you did not pay your tithe, better tell it to the marines, ignoramus. Just pay your tithe to me
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Okemoni: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2009
Chukwudi, the Lord said he did nt come to break the law, but to further affirm it. if wht you are saying is right are we then nt supposed to follow the ten commandments, because if we are to go by that then we do nt follow the ten commandments anymore by what you r sayin.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by anonimi: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2009
Okemoni:

Chukwudi, the Lord said he did nt come to break the law, but to further affirm it. if wht you are saying is right are we then nt supposed to follow the ten commandments, because if we are to go by that then we do nt follow the ten commandments anymore by what you r sayin.

Will you be kind enough to refer us to the Bible text/passage you quoted above in teh bold part.
Thank you in advance.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by MrCrackles(m): 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2009
chukwudi44:

That your pastor is a bloody criminal,there is no law under christianity compelling you to pay tithes ,giving to the church and the needy is voluntary.
people like you are criminals.The holy book makes it clear in heb 7;18,eph 2:15 and in so many other passages that the mosaic law has been fulfilled and abolished by the death of christ on the cross.

malachi chapter one was talking about animal sacrifices but nobody quotes it because it will not bring mony to their pockets.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by GEW: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2009
why do u think u lost the money and how did u lose the money?

God said if i were hungry would i tell you?  most nigerians are hungry and greedy so the God dey know must be greedy.

the owner of heaven and earth cant possibly be waiting for your money to buy Himself food or recharge cards
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by hubreality(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2009
grin if the poster is a believer, he ought to know the realities the kingdom's financial system if he's willing to know than coming here to lament to mixed multitudes who will make mockery of his very self as a Christian for this.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Okemoni: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2009
it is actually in matthew 5:17-19.@ the Lord coming to fulfil and nt to break the law.
if the Lord came to break the law, we would nt still be using the 10 commandments.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by segyemaro(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2009
May God save us from these so called M.O.G
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2009
anonimi:

Will you be kind enough to refer us to the Bible text/passage you quoted above in teh bold part.
Thank you in advance.

do you  mind explaining to me why we dont offer burnt offerings and other part of the jewish laws anymore.abi the ones that were abolished were the ones that won't bring in money into the church.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by hubreality(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2009
grin if the poster is a believer, he ought to know the realities the kingdom's financial system if he's willing to know than coming here to lament to mixed multitudes who will make mockery of his very self as a Christian for this.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by GEW: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
hubreality:

it is allowed to mock Gods people on NL
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
Galatians 3:10 clearly says that anyone who tries to justify himself by the law is under a curse.

Moses after giving the law placed a curse on it saying cursed is anyone who does not continue in all that is written down.This means if you want to live by the law you have to fulfil all the other requirements because failing in one would bring down the curse.

Galatians 5:4 warns that anyone who tries to justify himself by the law is nol onger a christian since they have been cut off from grace.

Jesus have taken up the curse for you ,he has fulfilled the law by dying on the cross,trying to be justified by the law would only signify ingratitude for this paschal sacriofice.

We should not because the church needs some money try to ressurect a law that has been invalidated by the death of christ.

This tithe is the only reason behind the proliferation of churches in Nigeria today.This criminals only come to cities like lagos where they hope to reap bountifully from tithes.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Okemoni: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2009
the blood of Jesus has already paid the price for that so we no longer need to offer burnt sacrifices, all we need to do is ask for the blood of Jesus to wash us clean.  Jesus is the lamb of God who has come to take away the sins of the world, we no longer need to offer burnt offerings. that does nt then mean we keep on leaving in sin and disobey the mosaic laws just because christ has died for us.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2009
Okemoni:

the blood of Jesus has already paid the price for that so we no longer need to offer burnt sacrifices, all we need to do is ask for the blood of Jesus to wash us clean. Jesus is the lamb of God who has come to take away the sins of the world, we no longer need to offer burnt offerings.

so the death of christ only abplished the burnt offering part of the jewish law,whatabout the celebration of the passover,unlavened bread,feast of shelters and the numerous other requirements of the jewish law.

Were you presented to the church on the eighth day?

mr hypocrite,when the jewish laws were abolished everyone of them were abolished not just the ones that won't bring in money to the church.

why dont you quote from the new testament to show were tithing were practised by the early christians
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Okemoni: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2009
I only mentioned the burnt offerings part because it is what is relevant to our discussiion. i stand to gain nothing if pple tithe, i am nt a pastor, just thought to tell you the truth it is left for you to take it or leave it.
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2009
Suffer headed pastors always ask for unnecessary money offerrings  claiming its meant for an unseen God?.,after on they still use same money to buy brazier for their X_lovers,and for their own benefits,?,i call this "intelligent beging" or "Small business" of the mad Christliars.**
Re: I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! by hubreality(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2009
Believing is a choice. How can an unbeliever support and advice better either. I'm an eternal tither because I believed God's word. Not because of my so called religion or pastor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Would Jesus Deal With A Muslim & Mohammed Deal With A Christian? / The Biblical Evidences That Show That Jesus Is Prophet Not Lord / Do We Have Female Angels In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.