Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:15 AM

Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE (1802 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard / Why We Built Yoruba Village In London -YCE / Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by BlackRevo: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2009
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has slammed the Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE) over the comments it made on the attack on the Atlas Cove Jetty in Lagos.
The YCE after a meeting had criticized the attack, disclosing that it was scheduling a meeting with President Umaru Yar’Adua to discuss the latest development, which it said was an invitation to inter-tribal war.

MEND spokesman, Jomo Gbomo in an interview with Daily Sun said rather than criticize MEND for its action; the YCE should be apologizing to the militant organization and the Niger Delta over the actions of former President Olusegun Obasanjo in the region.

MEND stated that the Niger Delta problem might have started in oil rich region but since it was sired by injustice it knew boundaries.
It dismissed that its action could lead to a tribal war except there was a plan to start a war before the MEND action.

His words: “The YCE should be the ones apologizing to us after their son; Olusegun Obasanjo wiped out Odi with innocent civilians and stole our commonwealth as the Minister of Petroleum. They should apologize that while we do not have bridges to cross to our communities, the system has robbed Peter to pay Paul with bridges in their sacred region. The Niger Delta issue may have started in the Niger Delta, but the problem caused by injustice knows no boundaries. It is a Nigerian problem that should be enjoyed or suffered by all. Some say they are sympathetic with the struggle. While that could be true, it is only those that make sacrifices with us that are the genuine sympathizers.”

Gbomo described the comments of the Odua Peoples Congress (OPC) as ranting, noting that the MEND attack in Lagos was to reinforce its declaration that Nigeria’s oil installation would not find refuge anywhere.
“It seems some people just enjoy ranting. Is the OPC threatening to attack any Niger Deltan or a particular state or tribe there? We have the Itsekirs, Isokos, Urhobos, Ijaws, Ibibios, Igbos, Efiks, so who do they plan on attacking first?

Do they plan on attacking pipelines and oil companies and making our job easier or plan to destroy non-existent infrastructure? We just believe they are making a mountain out of a mole hill. We have made it clear that the oil industry will not find refuge anywhere in Nigeria as long as they are contributing to the injustice in the Delta and therefore anyone that shelters them should not expect the conflict not to come to them. We will however, focus on the oil industry and not on any other structures except in a full scale war scenario,” he said.

On the call by Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie that militants should not be paid, MEND said it supported the move as it would expose those who were in the struggle for monetary gains and those who were genuinely concerned about the problem of the Niger Delta, stressing, however, that it could backfire as criminals with guns could return it to collect money and buy new ones.

“The Archbishop may have his reasons. There are opponents and proponents to this offer. The money offer can separate those who have a vision and those who are in it for the short-term gain. This is helpful to us because there would have been no other way of finding out the committed fighters. The drawback here is that many fake militants who are criminals can now offer the weapons they have for cash and then buy new ones. It is a complex situation which only true federalism can solve,” he added.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/july/22/national-22-07-2009-01.htm

I smell the situation is getting up to the tipping point with this reply. Hmmm i foresee danger and bloodshed oooo.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by Ibime(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2009
This thread will reach 20 pages! grin
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by kokoA(m): 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2009
Ibime:

Don't think so. We are tired of this militantcy discussion.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by BlackRevo: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2009
Ibime:

On the condition that those ******* will be man enough and defend themselves here.

kokoA:

Don't think so. We are tired of this militancy discussion.

No way this is the scenario we have all been waiting for. where are those ******* to come and defend their *******.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by asha2: 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2009
Black_Revo:

On the condition that those ******* will be man enough and defend themselves here.

No way this is the scenario we have all been waiting for. where are those ******* to come and defend their *******.

From one of posts i have read you grew up in lagos and probably can speak their language .What do you have againsr them undecided
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by phantom(m): 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2009
Hmm, Its bout to get really ugly!
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by princekevo(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2009
In the same one Nigeria as we claimed, a government property was distroy by the militants and some people are sending out threats of tribal war and making some tribal coments, Does the Atlas Cove belong to any tribe? I think i think belongs to the Nigerian government, So let the government speak for themselves coz the war is against themselves, After all the victims of the attack were from different tribes in Nigeria and not jst one tribe.These guys has been attacking oil pipelines even in ND state and no sentimental comments has been made by any tribe as this coming from the YCE.
They better leave the fight for the stupid government that it is meant for b4 they instigate another civil war,
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by HajiaTanko: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2009
Arrant nonsense!!!
Jomo running his mouth like a faucet, when trouble hits close to home----he remembers he has to travel overseas.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by onyengbu1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
there is not going to be any bloodbath, yoruba people are just not into fighting.

Great number of them are cowards, you know grin
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by DaLover(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2009
Jomo your name will go down in history books as a true hero for the niger deltans. The reply u gave to d selfish ones can only be complemented with a thank u and weldone. Please keep on sabotaging because that is d only voice of poor niger deltans which will be listened to.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by BlackRevo: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2009
asha 2:

From one of posts i have read you grew up in Lagos and probably can speak their language .What do you have against them  undecided

Yes you are right and just like every other person you can live in some where and speak their language and still have problems with them. Two of my best friends are from there and i have best of friends also from the north and east and other part of Nigeria.

The issue here is that they always want to eat their cake and have it. They want Nigeria to be a better place for everyone but they don't want to pay the sacrifice for it. Atlas cove belongs to government and if it was destroyed why should a certain tribe now decide to take action on behalf of the Government. The government which owns the property has been silent since the destruction and if it wants to react to any group damaging its property it does so by using the JTF to carry out his commands in destroying the  Niger-delta.  The government already through the navy has been doing his duty by harassing and placing curfew on the people living in those villages mend used to attack the property so what for Gods sake is their problem?.

They always want to participate in conflicts by proxy without suffering any causality but want to reap the best reward of that conflict.

My brother or sister if there is no pain there is no gain and that is their problem gaining from issues like this without suffering any pain.

The Biafra war  and now the Niger-delta war are  case studies.

onye_ngbu:

there  is not going to be any bloodbath, yoruba people are just not into fighting.

Great number of them are cowards, you know grin

Can you please help me to say it again pleasessssssss  grin

DaLover:

Jomo your name will go down in history books as a true hero for the niger deltans. The reply u gave to d selfish ones can only be complemented with a thank u and weldone. Please keep on sabotaging because that is d only voice of poor niger deltans which will be listened to.

Thank you gbam!
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by onyengbu1(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2009
Black_Revo:

Can you please help me to say it again pleasessssssss  grin

Thank you gbam!

at your service:

ndi ofe mmanu nile bu ndi ujo! grin

MEND kpara ha aka ebelebe ga egbu n'ala anyi a tongue
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by presido1: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2009
Hehehehehehehe odikwa serious dikwa risky.
When this rain will start to fall it will be nationwide ooh.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2009
Black_Revo:

Two of my best friends are from there and i have best of friends also from the north and east and other part of Nigeria.

clap for yourself.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2009
presido1:

Hehehehehehehe odikwa serious dikwa risky.
When this rain will start to fall it will be nationwide ooh.

your timing and NL appearances are very shady.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by presido1: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2009
tpia.:

your timing and NL appearances are very shady.
Waiting i do this old woman, Do my name look like Alloy Emeka?
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2009
presido1:

Waiting i do this old woman, Do my name look like Alloy Emeka?

did I touch a nerve?
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by Bialegend(m): 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2009
HajiaTanko:

Arrant nonsense!!!
Jomo running his mouth like a faucet, when trouble hits close to home----he remembers he has to travel overseas.

Ewu awusa, how many Igbos did you kill today in your northern enclave?
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by mafioso(m): 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2009
I ain't got no motherfucking friends
That's why  we Bombed At Atlas Cove
You're fat motherfucker {Take Money}
South Side
You know who the realist is
niggas we bring it to {Take Money}
(ha ha, that's alright)

First off, Bleep your bitch
And the clicks you claim
South side when we ride
Come equipped with game
You claim to be a player
But We Bombed Atlas Cove
We bust on You all
niggas Bleep for Life
Plus Yorubas tryin' to see me weak
Hearts I rip
Obasanjo and Kaduna Mafias
Some mark ass bitches
We keep on coming
While we running for your jewels
Steady gunning
Keep on busting at them fools
You know the rules
OPC go ask you homies
How I'll leave you
Cut your young ass up
See you in pieces
Now be deceased
YCE,
Don't Bleep around with real G's
Quick to snatch your ugly ass, off the streets
So Bleep peace
I'll let them niggas know
It's on for Life
Don't let the South side
Ride the night (ha ha)
Bad Boys murdered on Wax and kill
Bleep with Us
And get your caps peeled
You know, see

[Chorus:]
Grab your glocks when you see MEND
Call the cops when you see MEND, uh
Who shot me,
But your punks didn't finish
Now you 'bout to feel the wrath of a menace
niggas, We hit 'em up

-------------------------------------------
Now you tell me who won
We see them, they run (ha ha)
They don't wanna see us
Whole Kaduna Mafia click
Dressing up to be us
How the Bleep they gonna be the Mob?
When we always on out job
We millionaire's
Killing ain't fair
But somebody got to do it

Oh yah Fashola (uh)
You wanna Bleep with us
You Little young ass motherfuckers
Don't one of you niggas got sickle-cell or something
You're fucking with us, nigga?
You Bleep around and catch a seizure or a heart-attack
You better back the Bleep up
Before you get smacked the Bleep up
This is how we do it on our side
Any of you niggas from Lagos that want to bring it,
Bring it.
But we ain't singing,
We bringing drama
Bleep you and your mother fucking mama.
We're gonna kill all you mother fuckers.
Now when we came out, we told you it was just about Hausa's.
Then everybody had to open their mouth with a mother fucking opinion
Well this is how we gonna' do this:
Bleep Yorubas,
Bleep Hausa's,
Bleep Kaduna Maffia's as a Click, Cult, and as a mother fucking crew.
And if you want to be down with Kaduna Maffia's,
Then Bleep you too.
OPC, Bleep you too.
All you mother fuckers,
Bleep you too.
(take money, take money)
All of y'all mother fuckers,
Bleep you, die slow motherfucker.
Our four four (.44 magnum) make sure all your kids don't grow.
You motherfuckers can't be us or see us.
We mother fuckin' Thug Life riders.
South till' we die.
Out here in the Niger Delta, niggaz
We warned ya'
We'll bomb on you mother fuckers.
We do our job.
You think you the mob, niggaz, we the motherfuckin' mob
Ain't nothing but killers
And the real niggas, all you motherfuckers feel us.
Our shit goes triple and four quadruple
You niggas laugh 'cause our Men got guns under they motherfuckin' belts
You know how it is and we drop records they felt
You niggas can't feel it?
We the realist
Bleep 'em.
We OPC killers.

RIP TUPAC, NOW I KNOW THE RHYTHM OF THIS SONG cool
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by sley4life(m): 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
who is that niggar up there?
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by sley4life(m): 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2009
OPC, YCE cant face MEND. What weapon do they have.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by sley4life(m): 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
OPC & YCE should go and search for their mate
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by macIB(m): 12:10am On Jul 23, 2009
OPC, YCE cant face MEND. What weapon do they have.

juju of course!
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by mafioso(m): 2:51am On Jul 23, 2009
OPC & YCE should go and search for their mate

BAKASSI BOYS I GUESS cool
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by bombay: 2:56am On Jul 23, 2009
I just read in the papers now that OPC is mobilising to go and attack people from the Niger Delta that are in Lagos.
This wan make me laugh well well.
Now they will understand were we are coming from.
Let me say OPC are they so stupid and daft that they are going to attack Innocent people am very sorry for them they will not belief what will happen.
That beautiful state called Lagos will be worst than my village in the Niger delta if they try anything.
Boyz will be very happy because this will be the best opportunity to test the consignment that just arrive on some life target which will be OPC.
PLEASE WE BEG THEM PEOPLE CALLED OPC TO CARRY OUT THE ATTACK QUICK PLEASE WE ARE BEGGING ATTACK US WE WANT TO DIE NOW OPC KILL US.
WE WILL BRING THE FIRE OF EGBESU AND ASAWANA AND MORE.
LAGOS WILL BECOME THE NEW THEATER OF BATTLE.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by bombay: 3:02am On Jul 23, 2009
I thought Fashola was a smart man but now i know he his a bloody tribalist and the whole Yoruba people all bloody cowards and tribalist.
We keep saying the Hausa's are not contributing to development of Nigeria i want to WHAT HAS THE YORUBA NATION CONTRIBUTED TO THE ECONOMIC SURVIVAL OF NIGERIA I WANT TO I WANT TO KNOW.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by mafioso(m): 4:40am On Jul 23, 2009
I thought Fashola was a smart man but now i know he his a bloody tribalist and the whole Yoruba people all bloody cowards and tribalist.
We keep saying the Hausa's are not contributing to development of Nigeria i want to WHAT HAS THE YORUBA NATION CONTRIBUTED TO THE ECONOMIC SURVIVAL OF NIGERIA I WANT TO I WANT TO KNOW.

PROPHET Tupac Said
--------------------------
Any of you niggas from Lagos that want to bring it,
Bring it.
But we ain't singing,
We bringing drama
f**k you and your mother f**king mama.
We're gonna kill all you mother f**kers.
Now when we came out, we told you it was just about Hausa's.
Then everybody had to open their mouth with a mother f**king opinion
Well this is how we gonna' do this:
f**k Yorubas,
f**k Hausa's,
f**k Kaduna Maffia's as a Click, Cult, and as a mother f**king crew.
And if you want to be down with Kaduna Maffia's,
Then f**k you too.
OPC, f**k you too.
All you mother f**kers,
f**k you too.
(take money, take money)
All of y'all mother f**kers,
f**k you, die slow motherf**ker.
Our four four (.44 magnum) make sure all your kids don't grow
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by onyengbu1(m): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2009
sley4life:

who is that niggar up there?

Aha ya bu DAT NIGGA MAFIASO grin
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by walakolobo: 9:07am On Jul 23, 2009
look at criminals calling other people criminals - this MEND people have now lost their mind, when you attack government properties and threathen to bring the nation down, what are you? you are nothing but arrant, foolish, stupid, criminals, look at him now calling other people criminals? This guy and his cohorts have totally and completely lost their mind.

I support a strong backlash with MEND by OPC, LETS SEE WHO THINKS THEY ARE STRONGER.
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by mafioso(m): 9:09am On Jul 23, 2009
Aha ya bu DAT NIGGA MAFIASO grin

Yes Oh My Broda, them say "watin dey kill Dog no Dey Smell Reach am" I Pitty OPC
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by mafioso(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2009
@ walakolobo abi na walankolobo

Federal Govt couldn't Stop Them They Took it and smile., now they are about to set the record straight by Bombing all Installations, and Who is OPC abi na PVC to stop them? cool
Re: Atlas Cove- MEND - Go To Hell OPC and YCE by onyengbu1(m): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2009
walakolobo:

I support a strong backlash with MEND by OPC, LETS SEE WHO THINKS THEY ARE STRONGER.

Thats a road im quite sure OPC would not want to take.

Its full of AK-47s, FNs, grenades, rocket launchers, mortars, C4 and possibly drones.

Imagine all of these against cutlass wielding, not well fed, disorganized OPC boys  grin  grin  grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Story Behind The Jos Crisis - Documentary ( Viewer Discretion advised ) / Hiv Victims Sue Fg For $50bn, Ask Court To Stop Use Of Condoms / Ileke Idi:why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.