Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. (23927 Views)

Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills. / My Advice To Job Seekers With Waec Certificate Error / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by sirculynz(m): 1:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
Had to quit my new job after getting a much better one barely 2 weeks of resumption. So I have been to quite a few interviews, so I want to share some advice

Some of my advice are:

1)Apply Apply Apply: Try and always apply everyjob related to your discipline, cos u don't know the ones that will call u. Apply all graduate trainee jobs u see cos u don't know if they will consider u for training irrespective of your course.
2)Always Prepare: No matter how short the invite is always try & get ur hands on Gmat or study online. Browse well abt the firm also bf going for any interview. Pls do not cram for interviews, just let it flow.
3) Believe in yourself: When u come 4 interview, don't feel intimidated probably by others CV, their qualifications or schs they attended. Forget their Italian shoes, suits & phonetics they speak. what they are more interested in is what's in ur head.
4) Do not lie during Interview: Do not lie abt anything, tell them u don't know it & that u learn everyday and willing to learn this one. u might lie thinking they don't know cos they ignored u, believe me that's the end of it.
5) Be confident: People that know me personally will testify how shy I am. I used prayer to counter that, now I'm better. I always feel scared bf interviews but immediately I enter, I just feel a new me. Try & maintain eye contact regularly.
6) Always watch the reaction of your interviewers: When answering a question, u should know when they are buying it & when they have realized u are talking OP. Just know when to stop or switch what u are answering.
7)What Questions do u have for us?:This is usually the last question they ask & also the most important, trust me. Here they want to know how intelligent u are, Try & ask a very intelligent question. I remember My question was, " Since I have told u all my highs, experiences & what I can offer, u must have Identified my low pt & d mistakes I made which needed correction, I need ur advices so that it will help me in my future career probably with them or perhaps elsewhere". With the look on their faces I knew they appreciated that. After they answered that, one of them said see u & smiled.
coolAlways pray and believe in God:[/i]Always pray & don't doubt God. it's not luck to get a job esp in the situation we are in this country, it's by God's grace. Didn't know anyone in any of the ones I got, but just check out now. By now last month, I wouldn't have envisaged in anyway where I'd be now. His time & plan is always the best. Just pray & believe.
[i]. ... God bless u all.

pls ignore my typo errors;

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats again bro.
I tap in2 dis immediately after my servixe year.
Amen
Amen Amen
Amen, Amen, Amen.
Lalasticlala, coman see oo.
No be me write am cox I knw u hate me sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Danny4show(m): 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
Can't believe I read this from the beginning to the end... I smell FP...
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by myke92(m): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
thanks for your expository, and congrats on ur new job.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Valmesk(m): 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
HateU2:
Congrats again bro.
Amen
Amen Amen
Amen, Amen, Amen.
Pls don't wait till you are through with your service year before you start applying.Many applied for the recent etisalat customer care job and are awaiting for medicals while some are waiting for the 1st,2nd and 3rd stage interview and they will be passing out from service by April 2016.So if you've not started applying,start now unless you want to venture into business.The hustle is real.

7 Likes

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
Valmesk:
Pls don't wait till you are through with your service year before you start applying.I applied for my junior brother for the recent etisalat customer care job and he is awaiting for medicals while he will be passing out from service by April 2016.So you've not started applying,start now unless you want to venture into business.
reaally?

They keep asking for 'Nysc discharge cert. I will start applying thou. Thanks.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by clems88(m): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congratz op. Looking forward to also having a better job

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by dearsly(m): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
#bless
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by henrydadon(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
i thought u were going to say we shouldnt vote for buhari when next there is going to be a re election grin

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
And after all these, you are still jobless.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by kevoh(m): 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
Jobs are scarce for graduates without experience that is just the truth .

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
Noted
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by AleAirHub(m): 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
Really
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by truthalways(m): 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
Apply Apply Apply; i kind of disagree with this one. You just can't be applying to every job in your discipline na. You need to have your vision and what you are aiming for. Desperation is the mother of all disasters.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by bolt000(m): 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
Cool.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by rawtouch: 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
Toh job seekers expo don land oooo
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by firstolalekan(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
Je suis
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Remyboyhefty(m): 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
Pls dnt be jobless as airforce1 who has no hit single

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by gbaskiboy: 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
OP, I have saved it for future reference, wishing you all the best on your new job/appointment

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Adesiji77: 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nice tips
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
kevoh:
Jobs are scarce for graduates without experience that is just the truth .
Who told you that?
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
I like diz tips
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
I like diz tips...
Reading for future use
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by yuskel(m): 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
[b][/b] winkTHANK YOU SO MUCH OP.
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by darkenkach(m): 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
I still don't know why I am yet to land my dream job. Maybe studying political Sci was a waste of my four years.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by uncleck: 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
What's with all these "ignore my typos" in all recent posts? Is it hard to reread b4 posting or...

4 Likes

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by kunlebco(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
HateU2:
Congrats again bro.
Amen
Amen Amen
Amen, Amen, Amen.

Continue tapping. That one Na job too

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by rheether(f): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Lol..Fool, i tot you had a job? fake ass pretenders every were. Go and look for a job and stop wasting on NL .
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by queenfav(f): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
I can relate to the prayer part... I always tell God to take me where i would be fulfilled in my career,and he answered my prayers.As at last year,i was depressed about not getting a job despite several applications and good grades. Today,i am an associate with the firm of a renowned lawyer in Nigeria,and i feel fulfilled.In the meantime,i advice job seekers not to stay idle..Get anything legal to do,to avoid being depressed and overly dependent on people for your basic needs.Previously,I was working in a small firm without salary,I was just getting transport fare and small change from court appearances.My point is,try to start from somewhere no matter how small,God that sees your hustle would uplift you.If you have the time,read books to refresh your memory and sharpen your work skills and knowledge. Also,dont just sit in front of your laptop and apply for jobs,try coldcalling companies you would like to work with.My firm never advertised for an opening,i got an info that he wants to hire more hands,and i called him to inform him of my desire to work with him.I was given a date for interview,which i attended.I got called this year after like 5 months.I have already resigned myself to fate that i would never work there,when i got a call from the principal partner.So never give up,do your part and leave the rest to God.The water when you go drink,no go pass you by.I trust God to answer the prayers of those who diligently seek him in their daily endeavors.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by Nellypy: 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks my bro
Re: My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. by joey150(m): 5:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
rheether:
Lol..Fool, i tot you had a job? fake ass pretenders every were. Go and look for a job and stop wasting on NL .
ahn ahn..babe chill now he says he got a new job.

Or dont tell me you can't read and understand??

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways The COVID-19 Pandemic Will Affect Your Job Search / Invite To Nestle Function Test And Interview 2015 / Lorache Consulting Is Recruiting For Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.