Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

I Intend Visiting Lagos Ending Of Next Month! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Intend Visiting Lagos Ending Of Next Month! (763 Views)

How I Intend To Spend My 2018 / RE: South African Visiting Nigeria (LAGOS) For The First Time, AMAZING!!! / I Intend Traveling To Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Intend Visiting Lagos Ending Of Next Month! by kwesmann: 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
Please,I intend visiting Nigeria for the first time by the ending of next month from Ghana.I need advice on the following:
1)hotel fees for a period of one week.
2)Clue on what night life is in Lagos.
3)Lists of donts to adhere to in Lagos.
4)The amount I'm expected to burn on an average scale.
5)Places of interests to explore there during my visit.
Re: I Intend Visiting Lagos Ending Of Next Month! by londoner: 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=kwesmann post=43919465]Please,I intend visiting Nigeria for the first time by the ending of next month from Ghana.I need advice on the following:
1)hotel fees for a period of one week.
2)Clue on what night life is in Lagos.
3)Lists of donts to adhere to in Lagos.
4)The amount I'm expected to burn on an average scale.
5)Places of interests to explore there during my visit.

[/quote

Others know more to tell you about Lagos. I would say spend a weekend in Abuja it's a short flight from Lagos I think about half an hour. Most people recommend going to Lagos if you have people who know the place but I was able to spend one month in Abuja without first knowing anyone but I made some good friends. You'll be welcome to Naija just as anyu other place show them respect and they will treat you like family.

2 Likes

Re: I Intend Visiting Lagos Ending Of Next Month! by kwesmann: 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=londoner post=43929187][/quote]thanks a milli bro..Lagos is my preferred destination,have really read and heard a lot about the city here on nairaland smiley How much nairas will give me an average fun-filled experience based on ur experience in Abuja.Though I have earmarked GHS3k t-fair exclusive..
How much do hotels charge per night there?
Do I have to buy naira at bureau de change here or are Cedi or dollar denominated ATM used there?
Re: I Intend Visiting Lagos Ending Of Next Month! by londoner: 8:36am On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=kwesmann post=43985531]thanks a milli bro..Lagos is my preferred destination,have really read and heard a lot about the city here on nairaland smiley How much nairas will give me an average fun-filled experience based on ur experience in Abuja.Though I have earmarked GHS3k t-fair exclusive..
How much do hotels charge per night there?
Do I have to buy naira at bureau de change here or are Cedi or dollar denominated ATM used there?[/quote

No worries, I'm a sis by the way. Lagos is fun and very lively but also stressful and crowded. I don't know about cost but when I was in Abuja there were visitors from Lagos and they found transport cheaper but people say accommodation in Lagos is cheaper than Abuja but it depends on which area. I wish I knew more to help you. I would suggest joining internations an expat site and they have a Lagos section there you can find all information from people living there. I joined the Abuja before my trip and was able to talk to people and even found my accommodation from there. This same group led to me meeting my friends and long term contacts who I kept in touch with.

In Abuja my accommodation for the month was a little over £1000 but it came with its own kitchenette and living room and bathroom which meant I could cook for myself and save. It was located in a very good area where I could walk or get a cheap cab. There were local stores nearby and most of the places I had planned to visit (art galleries, restaurants, bowling, markets, parks) were all nearby. You really have to carefully budget in Lagos or Abuja or your money will finish. I changed some pounds at the airport and there were quite a few places to change currency in my area. I would advise you to convert your Cedis into dollars before going to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Intend Visiting Lagos Ending Of Next Month! by londoner: 8:39am On Mar 22, 2016
I ended up not spending all the money I budgeted. Even though I left some with family at home in London to change for me if exchange rate was wildly better I never needed it but I think it was because I was disciplined and kept track of what I spent and also created a list of places I knew I wanted to visit and ticked them off as I went along.

(1) (Reply)

Dangerous Pothole On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Travel Mistakes To Avoid When Going Abroad / Travelers May Soon Be Asked For Social Media Details Before Traveling To The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.