Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Open Letter To Senators Of The National Association Of Kwara State Students - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Senators Of The National Association Of Kwara State Students (669 Views)

Saraki Reacts To The Arrest Of Kwara Civil Servant For Criticizing Him / NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / The 10 Most Vibrant Senators Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Senators Of The National Association Of Kwara State Students by Lucaking(m): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
An Open Letter to the Senators of the National Association Of Kwara State Students

"A delegate to an assembly or gathering, who is sent to observe and report but not to take part officially in its activities" www.dictionary.com/browse/observer. This is the definition of who an observer is.

I hurriedly went to Google for clarification who knows I might have been wrong in my definition, to my surprise I was right it was definitely what I thought. Why were we ill-treated then? Why did we have to stay under the scorching-sun while they enjoyed the comfort of the classroom? I was quite happy they heeded to the words from the various articles targeted at them, I saw more responsible dressing from our "Students legislator" Having witnessed the previous senate sitting I was determined to always come observe and report back to those who thinks National Association of Kwara State Student is long dead.

Constitution supersedes customs and irrational decisions, they call us leaders of tomorrow, we clamor the older generation got it wrong, now in our own jurisdiction we pick from the irrational decisions of the older generation. Fashola, Lai Mohammed, Chris Nigige, Aishe Al-hassan among others were not asked to stay outside the National Assembly when the legislators called on them for screening. Why should a body representing the interest of Kwara state students (Home and abroad) tell the same students they represent to stand outside in the sun! And also the appointees of the National president while they enjoy the comfort of the Government secondary school classroom?

Senators of National association of Kwara state students (NAKSS) The era of indolence is over! Nakssites are now ready to be informed about the happening of our beloved association, this is an intellectual era! even the federal legislators are having issues with the citizenry they want to take away from us our only channel of calling them to order, they want to pass #SocialMediaBill and trust us we won't give in as we say #NoToSocialMediaBill.. You represent Us! You belong to Us! We put you there! You have no right to send observers outside with the excuse of telling them to write their president before coming.. Just as you heeded to been responsible by putting on decent cloths to the sittings today, go back and reconstruct all customs that isn't in the constitution of the association!!!

Sarumi Lukman Oluwapelumi

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Senators Of The National Association Of Kwara State Students by oluwadanie1(m): 7:10am On Mar 20, 2016
Kwara Stater with their problems ...I think I read an article from Kaybaba's blog on their lackluster performance at the sitting... I'm not too surprised but I'm still disappointed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Power Situation In Nigeria No Longer Laughing Matter – Buhari / Is This True About Nigerian Politicians ? (pics) / Flashback: Exactly 365 Days Ago Jega Declared Buhari As President-elect (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.