Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed (918 Views)

GEJ Denies Being Probed for Alledged Links to the NDA. Threatens Libel Suit / Missing 71 Trailers Of Rice For Adamawa IDPs Should Be Probed - Tsamdu / Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by ItuExchange(m): 4:32am On Mar 20, 2016
I have read news headlines, saying Goodluck Jonathan would be probed; and that the presidency has okayed that.

Should GEJ be probed? If not, why not?

Think what would have happened if GEJ refused to relinquish power, as I believed Godsday Orubebe would have done if he were the president. Arms and mercenaries would be imported and world powers would turn Nigeria into a war zone. Tens of millions of people would suffer death, disease and severe privation.

Can you see what is happening in Syria because one man refuses to relinquish power? Did you know what happened in Cote d'Ivoire some years back, only because Laurent Gbagbo refused to accept defeat in general elections? There are many examples around the world – past and present.

Jonathan saved Nigeria from lots of unthinkable horrors by quickly conceding defeat in the last general elections, congratulating Buhari and arranging several private meetings with him. He even visited the presidency recently. Whereas we know governors who refused to show up on the days of handing over, simply because the lost power. Jonathan showed up and handed over properly. Despite his obvious mistakes (no-one is perfect), GEJ is a genuine democrat!

Why would you probe Jonathan only? Is he the only ex-president/ex-head of state? What about other ex-heads of state/ex-presidents? Are they also clean? Why can’t they be probed? Why Jonathan only? Are there not past APC governors who must also be probed?

I am not defending corruption or saying EFCC should not do their job. But he who is without sin should cast the first stone. Nigeria is not like Western nations where no-one is above the law. I am sad when some people are persecuted selectively while other culpable souls walk about freely.

If I were Buhari, I would tell officials in my Government to leave GEJ alone.

Neteller here: www..com.ng

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by sugardad1(m): 6:04am On Mar 20, 2016
Ok
Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by skedy1(m): 6:19am On Mar 20, 2016
Well said!
But wait for some gala wailers to start their work.
Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by nabiz(m): 6:30am On Mar 20, 2016
ItuExchange:
I have read news headlines, saying Goodluck Jonathan would be probed; and that the presidency has okayed that.

Should GEJ be probed? If not, why not?

Think what would have happened if GEJ refused to relinquish power, as I believed Godsday Orubebe would have done if he were the president. Arms and mercenaries would be imported and world powers would turn Nigeria into a war zone. Tens of millions of people would suffer death, disease and severe privation.

Can you see what is happening in Syria because one man refuses to relinquish power? Did you know what happened in Cote d'Ivoire some years back, only because Laurent Gbagbo refused to accept defeat in general elections? There are many examples around the world – past and present.

Jonathan saved Nigeria from lots of unthinkable horrors by quickly conceding defeat in the last general elections, congratulating Buhari and arranging several private meetings with him. He even visited the presidency recently. Whereas we know governors who refused to show up on the days of handing over, simply because the lost power. Jonathan showed up and handed over properly. Despite his obvious mistakes (no-one is perfect), GEJ is a genuine democrat!

Why would you probe Jonathan only? Is he the only ex-president/ex-head of state? What about other ex-heads of state/ex-presidents? Are they also clean? Why can’t they be probed? Why Jonathan only? Are there not past APC governors who must also be probed?

I am not defending corruption or saying EFCC should not do their job. But he who is without sin should cast the first stone. Nigeria is not like Western nations where no-one is above the law. I am sad when some people are persecuted selectively while other culpable souls walk about freely.

If I were Buhari, I would tell officials in my Government to leave GEJ alone.

Neteller here: www..com.ng
for me I think he should be probe. But that should be after probing other past leaders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:30am On Mar 20, 2016
Shut up!
Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 20, 2016
Its only a fool that will think of probing Jonathan. That is like waking a sleeping Lion. Disturbing that man will disturb this country a great deal.

1 Like

Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by naijaboy756: 6:40am On Mar 20, 2016
This kind of thread angers me. It elevates that rogue/false status of this administration as a corruption fighter. Has Tinubu,Amaechi and Fashola been probed? I bet you Nigeria will be in flames if you do your gra gra go Goodluck side.
Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by blackpanda: 6:52am On Mar 20, 2016
Nigerians and their shallow thinking and small minds!

Now we must get one thing straight: its either we all agree that nobody is above the law or we agree that there are some of us who should be above the law. There is no point in this long epistle, if Jonathan is innocent then he has nothing to fear. Infact Jonathan should be the one eager for a probe to clear his name!
The only reason why anyone will be afraid of a probe is if they know their hands are soiled. And if this is so, then they shld face the law. We said we are in a democracy, and democracy emphasizes the rule of law. Even Buhari shld be probed when he leaves as well. This is the only way to put the fear of God in our leaders! If Jonathan goes without being probed, then its gonna be business as usual for all coming presidents. And by the way, handing over to someone who won an election is not doing anyone a favour! OP mentioned Syrian President and Laurent Gbagbo, but u failed to also mention what became of these men. Where is Syrian President today? Which country is he ruling over? Laurent gbagbo nko? Let us not promote impunity with our utterances pls

2 Likes

Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by Sunnymatey(m): 7:18am On Mar 20, 2016
blackpanda:
Nigerians and their shallow thinking and small minds!
Now we must get one thing straight: its either we all agree that nobody is above the law or we agree that there are some of us who should be above the law. There is no point in this long epistle, if Jonathan is innocent then he has nothing to fear. Infact Jonathan should be the one eager for a probe to clear his name!
The only reason why anyone will be afraid of a probe is if they know their hands are soiled. And if this is so, then they shld face the law. We said we are in a democracy, and democracy emphasizes the rule of law. Even Buhari shld be probed when he leaves as well. This is the only way to put the fear of God in our leaders! If Jonathan goes without being probed, then its gonna be business as usual for all coming presidents. And by the way, handing over to someone who won an election is not doing anyone a favour! OP mentioned Syrian President and Laurent Gbagbo, but u failed to also mention what became of these men. Where is Syrian President today? Which country is he ruling over? Laurent gbagbo nko? Let us not promote impunity with our utterances pls
Wherever they may be now is imaterial, but think of the countless souls that where killed or are being kill as a result of their action, the state of destruction of both private and public properties, all these wuld had been averted by just conceeding defeat and handing over power.

2 Likes

Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by blackpanda: 7:25am On Mar 20, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Wherever they may be now is imaterial, but think of the countless souls that where killed or are being kill as a result of their action, the state of destruction of both private and public properties, all these wuld had been averted by just conceeding defeat and handing over power.

Yes but you dont get a medal for doing what you are supposed to do in the first place. This is a democracy and nobody is above the law. There is no compensation or reward for obeying the law!
Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by Jirate(m): 7:51am On Mar 20, 2016
blackpanda:

Yes but you dont get a medal for doing what you are supposed to do in the first place. This is a democracy and nobody is above the law. There is no compensation or reward for obeying the law!

How come no one in APC has been arrested so far?, even those mentioned were told to return some money and that was all, what makes you think this country belong to the winner alone?, and by the way hope you are enjoying you Rubbish Change?. GEJ is the Least of our Problems Right now, Take it or Leave it.
Re: The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed by DaBullIT(m): 10:26am On Mar 20, 2016
Think what would have happened[b] if GEJ refused to relinquish power[/b],

he would have been assassinated soft

relinquishing power is not enough to earn pardon for all the heinous crimes he authorized

furthermore international bodies were watching and scrutinizing the elections apart from the use of card reader that GEJ authorized

finally the winning gap was too much

Jonathan must be probed

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Tunji Braithwaite Dies At 82 / Mile 12 Traders Set For Showdown With Governor Ambode / BREAKING: PMB Signs 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.