Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors (25746 Views)

Building Technology/ Engineering Forum : A Thread For Builders. / Thread For Aspiring Lecturers / Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Kookny(m): 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
ziezy:

As experienced hire ... worked in d small firm for say one or two years to get d basics and some certifications

I'd love to know how it works for graduate trainee too though.

but since getting into d big 4 is kinda a "big deal" ..I'm thinking going for smaller firms to get d basics n moving to big 4 can be a great plan

what's ur opinion n what would u advise

Please Sir, I'd love to work in such a "small firm" as well, in order to get experience too.

Please if you don't mind, way to go? my email addy is kookny86@gmail.com

You may just wish to drop yours, I'll do the contacting. Cheers.
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by ziezy(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2016
optimusmind:

To the best of my knowledge and information on their website
Graduate Trainees are expected to;
1. Have a minimum of second class upper in their first degree.
2. Below 26 years of age.
3. Must have completed NYSC
4. Pass an aptitude Test and interview assessment.
5. Passed WAEC in one sitting including English and Maths.

Experiend hire are expected to;
1.A minimum of second class upper in any discipline at the bachelor's degree
Below 32 years of age.
2. At least five credits in one sitting, including Mathematics and English Language, at the O' Levels.
3. A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
4. Pass an aptitude test and panel interview.

I believe getting in is not a big deal. Preparation is the key.

Thank you for the info.

I will now like to ask.

1. working (learning) at small firms is the key preparation to get into d big 4, could you give ideas of any other needed form of preparation.

2. aside ads posted on career pages of the big 4 and info through friends and insiders, can unsolicited application work ?

3. what is (if at all there is ) the minimum 'entry level'' or position a potential experienced hire can look out for.??

cc optimusmind. Thanks once again
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
ziezy:

Thank you for the info.

I will now like to ask.

1. working (learning) at small firms is the key preparation to get into d big 4, could you give ideas of any other needed form of preparation.

2. aside ads posted on career pages of the big 4 and info through friends and insiders, can unsolicited application work ?

3. what is (if at all there is ) the minimum 'entry level'' or position a potential experienced hire can look out for.??

cc optimusmind. Thanks once again
To answer question
1. The preparation necessary from what I gathered is
A. Study your GMAT
B. Follow Forums and blogs and get their past questions, reviews and opinion of people who have taken the exams
C. Knowledge in current affairs is beneficial.
D. They may not repeat questions but there are always similarities in their structure.

2. Rephrase the question (Try to be less ambiguous)

3. Usually, the position to be filled will be advertised.
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by ziezy(m): 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
optimusmind:

To answer question
1. The preparation necessary from what I gathered is
A. Study your GMAT
B. Follow Forums and blogs and get their past questions, reviews and opinion of people who have taken the exams
C. Knowledge in current affairs is beneficial.
D. They may not repeat questions but there are always similarities in their structure.

2. Rephrase the question (Try to be less ambiguous)

3. Usually, the position to be filled will be advertised.

Thank you optimusmind.

Your response in 3 kinda answered 2 though , buh what i was trying to say is can someone just write to be HR applying for an experienced hire position in the Advisory, Assurance or Risk Management Unit?

I 'll appreciate if u can help with other blogs or forums that are relevant to this ish. Aside Nairaland, bros i donno any other o. I cud google it sha.. buh ur idea will be more appreciated.

now i need smone who got into PwC as experienced hire o
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
ziezy:

Thank you optimusmind.

Your response in 3 kinda answered 2 though , buh what i was trying to say is can someone just write to be HR applying for an experienced hire position in the Advisory, Assurance or Risk Management Unit?

I 'll appreciate if u can help with other blogs or forums that are relevant to this ish. Aside Nairaland, bros i donno any other o. I cud google it sha.. buh ur idea will be more appreciated.

now i need smone who got into PwC as experienced hire o

Nairaland is the best place for answers to KPMG Recruitment. Go through the Career segment and look for thread for the past recruitment..check jarushub(Google) I you want to buy the past question.

Now, applying for a position that is not advertised is possible, however, consider that they pride themselves for fairness and integrity. Therefore, hiring someone who doesn't follow due process is similar to what happens in Govt Paraststals and ministry.

Therefore, my own opinion would be no. KPMG would not allow you submit your qualification different from the rest. Send them a mail careers@ng.Kpmg.com and ask. Who knows?
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2016
tboycares:
hello....I am still a student of Unilag pt accounting but I am in my final year. I need an audit training. I wish to start my career as an auditor. can anyone on this trend help in securing that? I will be so grateful . thanks

Use google and search for firms (big/small) in that line. Then, apply.

Graduating with a good grade really matters a lot to get into bigger firms.

You should start thinking of how to buttress your certificate with more professional certification (CIA, CISA, ACCA/ICAN -(with adoption of IFRS in Nigeria, I believe ICAN has same advantage with ACCA), CFA/CFP, etc)

Graduating with accounting will give you some exemption.

It's good you know where your passion lies, get better in that field.

Unilag pt - I guess that's DLI/Sandwich.
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by zlatan(m): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
Is audit and assurance the same?
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by blackjyd: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
Certified Fraud Examiner(CFE) 2016 material international version is available in pdf

if you are intrested, contact me
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 20, 2016
zlatan:
Is audit and assurance the same?

External audit is in Assurance and Internal Audit is in Advisory.
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 20, 2016
blackjyd:
Certified Fraud Examiner(CFE) 2016 material international version is available in pdf

I am!
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Emmanuel360(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hello guys.I am a graduate of edu/accounting, an ICAN student member at foundation level, always ready to learn .just concluded nysc and seeking mentorship and training. Pls i'm in nid of a job at any accounting and audit firm or even as an audit trainee or an internship job. Have always had passion for accounting and audit. Really in need of experience in my field. I bliv only experience and concerted effort can take me to the height of professionalism. My mail is anyanwu.emmanuel92@gmail.com. pls help if u can. Tanx
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by blackjyd: 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
lovedbyall1992:

I am!

you can reach me through this mail "blackjyd01@gmail.com"
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
blackjyd:

you can reach me through this mail "blackjyd01@gmail.com"
I will reach you on Friday.
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Acousticlexi: 6:18pm On May 03, 2016
If you are an accountant and you work with a mid sized audit firm or you are in need of an accounting assistant, I am ready and willing to take up the challenge. Kindly mail me. acousticlexi@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Lease(m): 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
Rubyventures:

Thanks for your answer . Maybe what I meant to say is that what is the minimum you can pay to get a good accountant/bookkeeper for a small start up company? I want a good accounts person but right now the funds are not there to pay full market rate, if the profits of the company improve then so will the wages.

Hi. Why don't you consider alternatives like engaging the services of accounting/bookkeeping outsourcing firms for your accounting functions at a moderate price. That is the trend in advanced countries and it will fit perfectly into your business needs. That way you will have access to a pool of knowledge in a professional firm at a very reasonable price.

Send me a mail on consultemploy@gmail.com for further discussions.
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Rubyventures: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lease:
[b][/b]

Hi. Why don't you consider alternatives like engaging the services of accounting/bookkeeping outsourcing firms for your accounting functions at a moderate price. That is the trend in advanced countries and it will fit perfectly into your business needs. That way you will have access to a pool of knowledge in a professional firm at a very reasonable price.

Send me a mail on consultemploy@gmail.com for further discussions.

I know, but I prefer to have an in-house accountant
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Tolakay: 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Tolakay: 3:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good evening,

I was fortunate to be part of the over 1000 people that wete sacked in d banking sector . I worked for the bank for 2.5 yrs. Right from inception (interview stage) I have been clamouring for the internal control unit or audit unit of the bank which I have passion for but to no avail. I worked as operations, customers service and marketing staff of d bank.

During my stay, I was seeking for job opportunity in audit firms. I participated in the recruitment process of three different audit firms(not big 4) but always dropped at the final stage because of the wide gap btw what the bank pays me and what they offer (my observation dou..based on the non verbal communication of the interviewer(s) when they ask me how much d bank pays me)

Please assist with mail add I can forward my CV to for audit jobs which as always been my passion and advise on how I can prevent interviewer from asking me about my monthly income as a banker or how best to answer? sometimes I feel like lieing that am a contract staff(integrity) to make them feel i can collect 4 * lesser than what the bank pays me

NB: Presently at skills stage of ICAN xam( have passed AA and Taxation)
I can work anywhere (Maiduguri, Jalingo.."Badamuwa"

@sambiza u are sighted.. I can also work in sambiza provided it s an audit job grin
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Talkingboy: 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2016
Tolakay:
Good evening,

I was fortunate to be part of the over 1000 people that wete sacked in d banking sector . I worked for the bank for 2.5 yrs. Right from inception (interview stage) I have been clamouring for the internal control unit or audit unit of the bank which I have passion for but to no avail. I worked as operations, customers service and marketing staff of d bank.

During my stay, I was seeking for job opportunity in audit firms. I participated in the recruitment process of three different audit firms(not big 4) but always dropped at the final stage because of the wide gap btw what the bank pays me and what they offer (my observation dou..based on the non verbal communication of the interviewer(s) when they ask me how much d bank pays me)

Please assist with mail add I can forward my CV to for audit jobs which as always been my passion and advise on how I can prevent interviewer from asking me about my monthly income as a banker or how best to answer? sometimes I feel like lieing that am a contract staff(integrity) to make them feel i can collect 4 * lesser than what the bank pays me

NB: Presently at skills stage of ICAN xam( have passed AA and Taxation)
I can work anywhere (Maiduguri, Jalingo.."Badamuwa"

@sambiza u are sighted.. I can also work in sambiza provided it s an audit job grin

Are you taking 6 courses in skills stage or what ?
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Tolakay: 2:14am On Jun 09, 2016
Talkingboy:

Are you taking 6 courses in skills stage or what ?
I only have 4 courses left. I have passed 2 of 6(AA and Taxation)
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Talkingboy: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2016
Tolakay:
I only have 4 courses left. I have passed 2 of 6(AA and Taxation)

Okay . Obviously u didn't start from ATS ,,,,,,,, You started from foundation
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Tolakay: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
Talkingboy:

Okay . Obviously u didn't start from ATS ,,,,,,,, You started from foundation
yes boss. Do u have an offer for me ni?
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Talkingboy: 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
Tolakay:
yes boss. Do u have an offer for me ni?

Ha .... No sir ooooooooo
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Tolakay: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good evening people, Please is it advisable to leave a job of 55k(which i just got) for 30k audit job in Ibadan(dou i have passion for audit) .. I got invite for test and interview scheduled for tomorrow in d audit firm tomorrow. Assumed dey will pay 30k cos i could not get info abt d coy on google xept for d linked in account of d partner
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by haibe(m): 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
Tolakay:
Good evening people, Please is it advisable to leave a job of 55k(which i just got) for 30k audit job in Ibadan(dou i have passion for audit) .. I got invite for test and interview scheduled for tomorrow in an audit firm tomorrow.
30k is too small brother.. except its an intern job.. haba there are better offers for audit jobs, just be patient a bit, you arent a slave
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Tolakay: 3:02am On Jul 27, 2016
haibe:

30k is too small brother.. except its an intern job.. haba there are better offers for audit jobs, just be patient a bit, you arent a slave
Ok boss. Thank you for ur advice
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Perpetual459: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2016
Hello pls what does it take to work in an internal control/audit department?

Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Faith21: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
blackjyd:

Hi

Do you still have the materials?
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Lescott7(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
Warm greetings to everyone!
I'm a fresh graduate and I want to build my career in an Audit firm. I sat for the last ICAN exams(May 2019) and passed all the papers at the foundation level.

Please I will be glad if I can get an Audit firm here in Abuja to start my career in Auditing and Assurance
I'm at 23 years old and will be done with NYSC by 25th this month.
I can be reached on adeyemiolalekan01@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Ziyech(m): 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lescott7:
Warm greetings to everyone!
I'm a fresh graduate and I want to build my career in an Audit firm. I sat for the last ICAN exams(May 2019) and passed all the papers at the foundation level.

Please I will be glad if I can get an Audit firm here in Abuja to start my career in Auditing and Assurance
I'm at 23 years old and will be done with NYSC by 25th this month.
I can be reached on adeyemiolalekan01@gmail.com

Wow, what did you use to prepare for the examinations..
Re: Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors by Lescott7(m): 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
Ziyech:

Wow, what did you use to prepare for the examinations..
I used ICAN packs and other Accounting text books. I made the pathfinder my guide and I did a little of YouTube.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked / ICPC Declares Seun Samuel Ojukannaiye Wanted For Receiving Double Salaries / COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53