Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Is The Love Of Money Really The Root Of All Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Love Of Money Really The Root Of All Evil? (772 Views)

"The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM / If Money Is The Root Of All Evil? / Is Money The Root Of All Evil? See This Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Love Of Money Really The Root Of All Evil? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2016
Is the love of money really the root of all evil? Or is it poverty?
I think poverty is the root of all evil. Poverty will make you do evil things that you would not have done if you had money. Poverty will make you steal,lie, envy,backbite and even kill. Poverty will make you pull down your neighbour that is doing well because of envy. Poverty will make you lose dignity and respect in front of your peers. Even your family will not want to reckon with you.
I believe poverty is the root of all evil.

What is your own view?
Re: Is The Love Of Money Really The Root Of All Evil? by delishpot: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2016
No. It is the uncontrolled love for money.
Poverty only helps you appreciate money and work towards success. But I know some successful people born into wealth, never been poor in their lives yet are ruthless when it comes to gaining more and more money
Re: Is The Love Of Money Really The Root Of All Evil? by myfantasies(f): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2016
If d love of money is d root of all evil, den y r dey asking for it in church

undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Love Of Money Really The Root Of All Evil? by johnydon22(m): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2016
There are many reasons peope do evil and money is one of the greatest of this reason!!!
Re: Is The Love Of Money Really The Root Of All Evil? by MRBrownJ: 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
redwriter:
Is the love of money really the root of all evil? Or is it poverty?
I think poverty is the root of all evil. Poverty will make you do evil things that you would not have done if you had money. Poverty will make you steal,lie, envy,backbite and even kill. Poverty will make you pull down your neighbour that is doing well because of envy. Poverty will make you lose dignity and respect in front of your peers. Even your family will not want to reckon with you.
I believe poverty is the root of all evil.
What is your own view?

only criminals in robes will say that money is the root of all evil, so that you can hand it all to them via tithe etc, for their next private jet purchase!

people should use their brains!
Re: Is The Love Of Money Really The Root Of All Evil? by Weah96: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Philosophically, the existence of a for profit, money system is the cause of poverty itself.

A large group MUST be poor at any given time in order for the system to work properly. Poor who become rich will be replaced by others who lost their fortune competing in the for profit system.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Pix Of Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Aka Mount Zion Films In 1986 / There Would Be No More Goodnews In Nigeria- Says My Pastor / The Two Kinds Of Righteousness And The Two Kinds Of Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.