Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission (2814 Views)

Ajimobi's Daughter, Ajibola's Traditional Wedding Pics Held Yesterday / Riot In Ado Ekiti / Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by AloyEmeka9: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2009
Jos riot: IBB appears before Ajibola Commission
From MARIAM ALESHINLOYE AGBOOLA, Jos

Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Contrary to expectations that former military President, Ibrahim Babangida would not appear before the Justice Bola Ajibola Judicial Commission of Inquiry into last November civil unrest in parts of Jos North council area of Plateau State, the former leader who earned the nickname, Maradona, because of his surprises made an appearance to respond to “facts made against” him by witnesses.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jul/22/508.html

Also on hand to respond to same issues was Media Trust, publishers of Daily Trust newspapers, which also pledged to stand in for its columnist, Mallam Haruna Mohammed, that was on the list of invitees.

Announcing appearance for Gen. Babangida, his legal counsel, Mohammed Ndayako said the former ruler has agreed to appear and respond to allegations made against him, but added that the commission, in its invitation, did not include details of the content of witnesses’ allegations to enable Babangida respond to them accordingly.

As a result, he appealed to the commission to give a fresh date within which he would study the allegations and make himself available. The counsel suggested next Tuesday, which, was granted after due consultations with the commission’s senior counsel, Charles Obisha and Prince Ajibola.

In the same vein, the representative of Daily Trust and also the company secretary, Ebeya Abba, appealed for same time because the details were omitted when the company and the columnist were invited.

Meanwhile, former deputy Senate President, Ibrahim Mantu, the All Nigeria’s People’s Party (ANPP) candidate for Jos North in the last November election, Alhaji Aminu Baba, a renown politician, Alhaji Sale Hassan and an Hausa chieftain in Jos, Alhaji Inuwa Ali had shun the invitations to appear before the commission.

There action may not be unconnected with the decision of the Hausa community not to appear before the commission.

At least, 110 invitees are being awaited.

However, the commission chairman has disclosed that the doors of the commission would be shut against those that have not been able to present their memorandum, after several invitations to them to do so in view of time constraints.

So far, out of 220 memorandums that were received initially, only 14 are still pending.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by banom(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2009
He only appeared before the commision because he is planing to contest for 2011 presidency, so he doesn't want any thing that will give him bad publicity.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by feyisan: 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2009
In all honesty I don't particularly hate the man for his past. However he must show
remose and repent.

His coming back might be to the advantage of Nigerians as his aim might be to repear the
damages he caused, win the confidence of the general populace back and receive God's favour
before the last minutes.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2009
@feyisan

In all honesty I don't particularly hate the man for his past. However he must show
remose and repent.

His coming back might be to the advantage of Nigerians as his aim might be to repear the
damages he caused, win the confidence of the general populace back and receive God's favour
before the last minutes.

grin what you have just said is typical of 80% of Nigerians (Home and Abroad) we have very short memories of traumatic events in our lives. so much so we have repressed them to the point of Stupidity (a poor ability to understand or to profit from experience ). The other 10% are Nigerians who live in the dark ages (Illiterate, Bush, in the Cemetery) and the other 10% are simply Pastors and Imans.

How can you expect a Man his likes to be remorseful and try to repair the damage, since when have you seen a Black African President become remorseful for his grave misdeeds.

The good thing though is that they Die eventually, Bad thing, they always have one worse to replace them
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by vigasimple(m): 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

@feyisan

grin what you have just said is typical of 80% of Nigerians (Home and Abroad) we have very short memories of traumatic events in our lives. so much so we have repressed them to the point of Stupidity (a poor ability to understand or to profit from experience ). The other 10% are Nigerians who live in the dark ages (Illiterate, Bush, in the Cemetery) and the other 10% are simply Pastors and Imans.

How can you expect a Man his likes to be remorseful and try to repair the damage, since when have you seen a Black African President become remorseful for his grave misdeeds.

The good thing though is that they Die eventually, Bad thing, they always have one worse to replace them

@ lagerwhenindoubt

That was a good reply and very concise. A lot of people need educating on 'our dubious leaders'.

Secondly,

'If it weren't for Christians, I'd be a Christian.'

Just be a Christian in the mould of Jesus Christ. All he preach and practice is Love for everyone, and not judgement or hatred. A lot of people practice self righetousness, unfortunately God is so mysterious that even some'perfect' person may be wrong

The sign of being a good religious nation is progress in our moral and care standing, which we cannot lay claim to today because of 'those religious leaders' who are turning religion's to super business.

BUT, my brother , whatever you do, be a christian, practice it in truth and
ask for the Lord's wisdom to be a good example as Christ was and is still.

SHALOM. and may the Peace of the Lord be upon you and lead you guide you and your household.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by hackney(m): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
I find that some people  also happen to be too young to have withnessed these mishaps first hand.
Some didnt experience the hardship of 'no petrol at all for 11 months except for oga them' or 'they never pay mumsie them(teachers) for 8 months'.
So fresh , so naive.
but hey. . . that's life
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by quadrillio(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2009
hackney:

I find that some people  also happen to be too young to have withnessed these mishaps first hand.
Some didnt experience the hardship of 'no petrol at all for 11 months except for oga them' or 'they never pay mumsie them(teachers) for 8 months'.
So fresh , so naive.
but hey. . . that's life

I witness it, and I can neva pray he comes back. Maradona Himself
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by Nezan(m): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2009
I cant imagine IBB coming out for 2011 again, the guy should just go and rest, shikena!!
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by tayo4lif: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2009
After you people killed all the yorubas finished.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by banom(m): 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2009
tayo4lif:

After you people[b] killed all the yorubas [/b] finished.

were the Yoruba's killed or that they died out of their foolishnes ?
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by kok(m): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2009
what happens after that
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by feyisan: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
Please never be deceived by the utterances of people regarding IBB.
I must tell you he was never gone, he only “stepped aside”- using his words.

Unfortunately, poverty has destroyed the moral fabrics of most Nigerians and I bet you if IBB wants to be president again he will sure be. All he needs to do is put his money in the right quarters and all will be well. No amount of noise by the common man or the voters would change anything in Nigeria.

After all, the current president- Yar’dua only came out of the blues and became president.
If you doubt me could you please remind me when he started his presidential campaign before he finally emerged as winner.

Naturally Nigeria is corrupt. To sanitise the country we need somebody like Jerry Rowlings of Ghana.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by okokomeji: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2009
feyisan:

remose and repent.

before the last minutes.
Dumb-ass, are you on powder this morning? I guess you must be hallucinating for this gibberish comment!
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by CGKing(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
I wish someone could just assasinate him. This is what MEND should be doing oo: Helping us [b]mend [/b]the nation.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by feyisan: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2009
[table]Reply to Okokomeji
Dumb-ass, are you on powder this morning? I guess you must be hallucinating for this gibberish[/table]

Okokomeji
I must say your reply is quite rude and below intellectual expectation.

Please grow up and be civilised a bit.
Should you allow your emotion to rule your reasoning I doubt you will ever get anywhere.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by vigasimple(m): 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2009
feyisan:

Please never be deceived by the utterances of people regarding IBB.
I must tell you he was never gone, he only “stepped aside”- using his words.

Unfortunately, poverty has destroyed the moral fabrics of most Nigerians and I bet you if IBB wants to be president again he will sure be. All he needs to do is put his money in the right quarters and all will be well. No amount of noise by the common man or the voters would change anything in Nigeria.

After all, the current president- Yar’dua only came out of the blues and became president.
If you doubt me could you please remind me when he started his presidential campaign before he finally emerged as winner.

Naturally Nigeria is corrupt. To sanitise the country we need somebody like Jerry Rowlings of Ghana.

I have said it number without times that Nigeria
NEEDS HER OWN J.J. RAWLING'S DOSE OF CHECKING OUR LEADERS. until then we are just plastering crack with paper. Our 'leaders' have no fear of anything except death by firing suqad for their corruption, anything less they can deal with it.

They even have parties to celebrate fraud and corruption, where did D'banj got Yahooze from? it is from our leaders that has now spill over to the youths. Does anyone forget how the children of ministers etc spend monies abroad like water, buying $10,000 bottle of champagne at a go.

CGKing:

I wish someone could just assasinate him. This is what MEND should be doing oo: Helping us [b]mend [/b]the nation.

MEND should help us to mend this nation by taking out the REAL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA and not simply blowing pipes that will end up costing Nigerians monies to replace.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by sheriffman(m): 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2009
This man can keep dreaming till thy kingdom comes but never again(by the grace of God )will he rule us again.
EBAMI KIGBE OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by AloyEmeka9: 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2009
feyisan:

remose and repent.

before the last minutes.
That is how they will continue. After all they are required to show remorse and repent after stealing you dry.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by banom(m): 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2009
vigasimple:

I have said it number without times that Nigeria
NEEDS HER OWN J.J. RAWLING'S DOSE OF CHECKING OUR LEADERS. until then we are just plastering crack with paper. Our 'leaders' have no fear of anything except death by firing suqad for their corruption, anything less they can deal with it.
They even have parties to celebrate fraud and corruption, where did D'banj got Yahooze from? it is from our leaders that has now spill over to the youths. Does anyone forget how the children of ministers etc spend monies abroad like water, buying $10,000 bottle of champagne at a go.
MEND should help us to mend this nation by taking out the REAL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA and not simply blowing pipes that will end up costing Nigerians monies to replace.

It was this same Jerry Rawlings action that open the floor for 1967-70 Civil war,
Nigeria is to big and Diverse to have such succesful national cleansing.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2009
i don't understand you guys. when will it enter your thick skulls that no man, dead, alive, or yet to be born, can ever repair nigeria. the only thing you can contribute to 9ja is find a way to get ur own share and be a part of the final destruction. simple.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by vigasimple(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2009
banom:

It was this same Jerry Rawlings action that open the floor for 1967-70 Civil war,
Nigeria is to big and Diverse to have such succesful national cleansing.

NO, it was Kaduna Nzeogwu not JJ rawlings, but the concept is similar except that the Nzeogwu case the 'elimination' ended up on ethnic line favouring the Igbo's and that is why it fail miserably.

The best case scenario, such leader like rawlings will take 6 people in each of the 6 geo political zone, and make them an example. Choose them according to the severity of their corruption. It must be 6 in each region otherwise the perspections of Tribalism will make it to fail again.

IDIAGBON has tried something similar and succesful against Drug tarffickers, result 90% reduction in Drug Trafficking overnight.

Nigeria is not too big or too diverse, it is the usual excuse NOT to do what it is necessary.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by Owugal(f): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2009
feyisan:

remose and repent.

before the last minutes.

Feyisan, I am so happy that people got on your case in regards to your support of IBB.I cant believe you would be so naive and utterly devoid of common and neccesary sense to suggest that IBB come back to power to repair his damage. I trully hope there are not more people like you. You are so awwfully, painfully and so upsettlingly stupid. I am so sorry I have to insult you you are an idiot and an slowpoke. A pathetic slowpoke at best. HOw can you suggest this to your own people?? How old are you? Do you see Nigeria as it is? do u know who took us down this spiral. How dare you come on here and suggest to these eminient Nigerians on this site that we should accept this mad-butcher to lord himself over us again? A man who has not done anything philantropic since he left office. How dare you, You mediocre excuse for a blogger. Oh my gosh I am boiling all over,,,,, how dare you. How dare you. How dare you. HOW DARE YOU.!!!!!!!! you foolish idiot how dare you?
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by dfanthom(m): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2009
that tyrant should not even be given the chance to breath oxygen in this naija! no-one in his right thinking sense should even conceive an ibb come back. i guess feyisan is working for him presently or his folks benefited from the largeese in the past.

the panel should investigate, scrutinize that beast, i'm sure he'd be indicted at the end of it all.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by AloyEmeka9: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2009
al-qaeda:

i don't understand you guys. when will it enter your thick skulls that no man, dead, alive, or yet to be born, can ever repair nigeria. the only thing you can contribute to 9ja is find a way to get ur own share and be a part of the final destruction. simple.
This statement is unfair to every free Nigerian citizen.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by Typewriter(m): 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2009
Nigerians are funny animals,
they don't know where they are with issues, they don't know where they are with you and Certainly they don't know where they are with their selves cool
The man appeared you said he appeared cos of future election interest.
If the man did not appear, you all will say he does not abide by the law of the land.

well for you info IBB do not rely on Ur Votes to assend the presidency
he simply negotiate with his gang and pronto he knows what the Aso Rock needs for him to say "i did it for the interest of the nation"
so if you can't fight leave the man alone, or join the man! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by guseman(m): 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2009
Owu gal:

Feyisan, I am so happy that people got on your case in regards to  your support of IBB.I cant believe you would be so naive and utterly devoid of common and neccesary sense to suggest that IBB come back to power to  repair his damage. I trully hope there are not more people like you. You are so awwfully, painfully and so upsettlingly stupid. I am so sorry I have to insult you you are an idiot and an slowpoke.  A pathetic slowpoke at best. HOw can you suggest this to your own people?? How old are you? Do you see Nigeria as it is? do u know who took us down this spiral. How dare you come on here and suggest to these eminient Nigerians on this site that we should accept this mad-butcher to lord himself over us again? A man who has not done anything philantropic since he left office. How dare you, You mediocre excuse for a blogger. Oh my gosh I am boiling all over,,,,, how dare you. How dare you. How dare you. HOW DARE YOU.!!!!!!!! you foolish idiot how dare you?

Haba small small na, but to be honest with you guys if not for the BUHAHA btw Obj and IBB in 2006 the story might be something different now. I mean it, and how many of my fellow Nairalanders actually vote on the last presidential election Did you cast a vote either a councillor,house of rep, Gubernitorial and presidential election. No body can force any one on us if we actaully come out en mass to vote, but people dont come uot, why? because they dont beleive in the system and when you dont beleive in the system it wont work for you. It is either you join them or leave.

When this present administration came to power, we were all full of hopes, abi? Two years is gone, nothing has happened but we know there is seven point agenda, Obj will be remembered if not for anything, GSM, IBB, i remember better life for women cos there is a center in my village and many people died due to unpaid salaries,fuel scarcity etc we will remember him for that.

But now, all we can do is to keep praying, and i know of some Saudi and Germany trip.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by okokomeji: 2:17am On Jul 24, 2009
feyisan:

[table]Reply to Okokomeji
Dumb-ass, are you on powder this morning? I guess you must be hallucinating for this gibberish[/table]

Okokomeji
I must say your reply is quite rude and below intellectual expectation.

Please grow up and be civilised a bit.
Should you allow your emotion to rule your reasoning I doubt you will ever get anywhere.

I am sorry if you feel disrespected for my comment. I wrote that out of annoyance, I mean if you want progress for this great country; you won't expect IBB coming back.
I guess you could learn from OBJ's mistakes. I wish Abacha could have killed him then, he's so foolish! The comeback of like of IBB or Buhari will bring more suffering to the majority.
Mind you, no matter how they feign with religion and their theocracy ideals which are on contrary to present democracy; they were both got to power by coup de tae. The Buhari deposed Shagari and Babanginda did the same to him. This time, the angel I am waiting for is better than the devils I know. Think about it, presidency is not a birthright of anybody, you can be our president in future too who knows?. I really want Igbo man to rule too, despites my obvious criticism for Igbos; when they blame Yorubas for every of their throes. Then, they will realize that there is no messiah in the world!
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by hbrednic: 2:25am On Jul 24, 2009
Owu gal:

Feyisan, I am so happy that people got on your case in regards to your support of IBB.I cant believe you would be so naive and utterly devoid of  to suggestcommon and neccesary sense that IBB come back to power to repair his damage. I trully hope there are not more people like you. You are so awwfully, painfully and so upsettlingly stupid. I am so sorry I have to insult you you are an idiot and an slowpoke. A pathetic slowpoke at best. HOw can you suggest this to your own people?? How old are you? Do you see Nigeria as it is? do u know who took us down this spiral. How dare you come on here and suggest to these eminient Nigerians on this site that we should accept this mad-butcher to lord himself over us again? A man who has not done anything philantropic since he left office. How dare you, You mediocre excuse for a blogger. Oh my gosh I am boiling all over,,,,, how dare you. How dare you. How dare you. HOW DARE YOU.!!!!!!!! you foolish idiot how dare you?

how many insults? though the guy is an egghead,you can correct his stupidity not by raining excessive abuses on the poor guy.

anyway if IBB wants to show remorse,he can start by having a national televised confession of his sins to the nation,after which he will return all his loot to the national purse with immidiate effect.

Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by mccloud224(m): 3:02am On Jul 24, 2009
I really hope the MEND boys can get to him while this is going on.Seriously, if there is any MEND member reading this, una need expert snipers and more efficient bombs/rocket propelled grenades.Abeg, make una bomb the whole place coz everybody wey dey involved na thief.

This whole facade is just to "cleanse" his image.These events herald his coming as the next president of this failed geopolitical joke called Nigeria.
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by skylooh(m): 4:04am On Jul 24, 2009
mccloud224:

I really hope the MEND boys can get to him while this is going on.Seriously, if there is any MEND member reading this, una need expert snipers and more efficient bombs/rocket propelled grenades.Abeg, make una bomb the whole place coz everybody wey dey involved na thief.

This whole facade is just to "cleanse" his image.These events herald his coming as the next president of this failed geopolitical joke called Nigeria.

Thank you god bless you bros .
So MEND over to you, infact mend should not spare IBB they should blow his big head off with a bazooka for the evils that he did to nigerians. That 10 billon dollars that IBB stole, na oil wind fall money, oya mend go for it grin

If nigeria were to be europe IBB would be serving a 100year jail term cool and to imagine that some people are even clamouring for ibb´s come back is incredible
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by mccloud224(m): 4:36am On Jul 24, 2009
The one wey tire me na when some kain people go dey compare IBB time with Yar Adua.To them IBB na the Messiah wey fit deliver us.Dem don forgot say na IBB really change the dynamics of chopping govt money from the one million wey officials dey chop with fear fear to eating $16 billion dollars with no shaking (One man oooo!!! Just one lousy old man)
Re: Jos Riot: Ibb Appears Before Ajibola Commission by sley4life(m): 4:41am On Jul 24, 2009
another new plot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Together, We Can Build Our Nation- Ibb / Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn / Gej Ready For Boko Haram Come June 2012 (prep Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.